The wage demands are ridiculous!

I mean, COME ON!

I just began as Liverpool, and so I figured I would lower a few wages of some older players and back-up players.

Sotirios Kyrgiakos. A 30-year old back-up player. He starts out with a 20.000£ salary. I only lowered it to 16 500£, and he declined. Then he proceeded to demand 47 500 £!!

This is ridiculous. I managed to argue a bit with him, but he didn't go further down than 35 000 £ before he quit on me!

SOTIRIOS KYRGIAKOS. A 30 YEAR OLD BACK-UP PLAYER DEMANDING 20-30.000£ MORE WHEN RENEWING A CONTRACT.

Bitch please.

This is just one of many examples, albeit perhaps the worst one above.

I bought Arda Turan, and he demanded a wage of one million pounds. I managed to argue my way down to 78 000 £, which is still unrealistic as ****. Then, I bought Coentrao. He demanded a 98 000 £ salary. I got him down to 68 000 £. Which, again, is still a ridiculous sum for a 22-year old who came from a contract UNDER 10 000 £!

And, to top it all of, the signing-on-fee and agent-costs for those two players were respectively (to begin with): £4.7 mill; £ 3.9 mill (Arda). £4.1 mill; £3.5 mill (Fabio).

Now, I got them both down to around £1 and 2.5 mill, but again..

these are ridiculous sums! I mean, a transfer deal for two players totalling £24 million suddenly cost me £33 million!

I think the question has to be.....why are you even bothering to offer Kyrgiakos a contract?

That's some bad management right there.

I have not come across anything like that atm but then again I am in a lower league and not dealing with those huge figures.

Just what the hell are you complaining about? So what if Kryagios is 30!!! I really don't think a senior player trying to get a pay rise at Liverpool is 'ridiculous'. You offered him the bloody contract, what did you expect? Players are going to get as miuch as they can out of you, irl and in the game, it's totally realistic. £50k is not ridiculous for a liverpool squad player. Bassong earns 50k at spurs, THAT is ridiculous but modern footy for you

As for the signing/agent fees, you got it down to a better price, and this is just part of football. Ask any club owner, the contract negotiations are frisky, and complex, and drawn out. Perhaps asking for that sum of money is too much, but you are liverpool, and you got it down to a more respectable price. You could keep bargaining and get it down further of course. Either way this is a piddly complaint imo.

Look at how much clubs spend on agents. Then come back and admit that you were wrong about agent fee's being too high. It's realistic.

I'm also not surprised that Kyrgiakos didn't accept a lower wage. Why would he just accept a lower wage when he has a better paid contract already..

Also you need to learn to negotiate. Pandering to a players demands won't get you far. Did you try saying 'this is my offer, like it or lump it'?

I think the question has to be.....why are you even bothering to offer Kyrgiakos a contract?

That's some bad management right there.

I have not come across anything like that atm but then again I am in a lower league and not dealing with those huge figures.

Haha. No, I just tested the system. I tried to simply renew Steven Gerrards contract, and offered him his regular salary, but gave him another year. (His salary is £1. 200 000). He declined, wanted a £4.5 million sign-on-fee and a salary of £1 600 000. And on top of this, his agent wanted £4 million. I mean, come on... ?!

I also tried to sign a new contract with Kuyt. He demanded £90 000, and refused to go further down than £75 000.

It is rather ridiculous. I managed to lower Jamie Carraghers contract from 85 to 67, though. But my god, these are all players either nearing 30 or above 30! The odds of them even getting a contract-renewal are small, and then think how idiotic it is that they demand MORE money in payment! I mean, wtf..

I really don't think a senior player trying to get a pay rise at Liverpool is 'ridiculous'. You offered him the bloody contract, what did you expect? Players are going to get as miuch as they can out of you, irl and in the game, it's totally realistic.

I agree with you in part, but it's also true that a 30yo player can't just expect to double his wage with a contract extension, at least not under regular circumstances. If he were in the form of his life, then I could fully understand it but that's not mentioned anywhere by the topic starter.

On my demo game I've had the opposite happen once. Just as my club's star player was injured for two weeks I offered him a new contract and his agent was willing to go down from ~75k Euro/month to ~40k. So I got him almost 50% cheaper which I believe is a great deal. Suddenly two or three weeks later he fired his agent ;)

The one thing about the new contract stuff that I'm really missing are drawn out negotiations. Whenever I have made an offer to an agent or player that wasn't immediately accepted, he always came back a few days later with a yes or no answer, but never with a new request to negotiate further. I'd really like to see scenarios like the player saying "I haven't said no yet, but club xy is offering me more, but I'm willing to listen to further offers". Is that even included in the game or is it rather rare?

I agree with you in part, but it's also true that a 30yo player can't just expect to double his wage with a contract extension, at least not under regular circumstances. If he were in the form of his life, then I could fully understand it but that's not mentioned anywhere by the topic starter.?

He also demanded to be on rotation, not a back-up-player.

I think its quite realistic this year re. wages, because when it first pops up they ask for some stupid amount like 60k even if they are currently on 20k. If you offer them 22k they will more than likely accept the offer. I like this part of FM this year and its making the transfer window exciting.

Just what the hell are you complaining about? So what if Kryagios is 30!!! I really don't think a senior player trying to get a pay rise at Liverpool is 'ridiculous'. You offered him the bloody contract, what did you expect? Players are going to get as miuch as they can out of you, irl and in the game, it's totally realistic. £50k is not ridiculous for a liverpool squad player. Bassong earns 50k at spurs, THAT is ridiculous but modern footy for you

As for the signing/agent fees, you got it down to a better price, and this is just part of football. Ask any club owner, the contract negotiations are frisky, and complex, and drawn out. Perhaps asking for that sum of money is too much, but you are liverpool, and you got it down to a more respectable price. You could keep bargaining and get it down further of course. Either way this is a piddly complaint imo.

I think you've missed the point here (and Bassong is a very bad example, given that he was Newcastle's most talented centreback they had in years, and was young/big/fast/decent on the ball and had had a promising season from a personal viewpoint - of course he was going to be offered sizable wages, he was an £8m signing ffs, and this was when Spurs were still a mid table side so they had to pay more to attract him).

This is a backup player who is asking for ridiculous wages. If you take this example and apply it to a whole number of players in a squad, it becomes very hard to actually keep a squad of players together over a long term in the current version of FM 11 (11.1), even at a big club. This agent system is very new, and hence it's far from perfect. I think the random nature of the agent attributes means that the game isn't recognising that some players simply aren't in a position to demand big wages, or at least they shouldn't be. If you're someone disposable, you don't have the leverage to essentially blackmail someone into giving you what you want.

Hence the current agent/contract renewal system is not differentiating between players who can demand what they want because they're so valuable to the team or are highly sought after (e.g. Rooney) and those reserve/backup players who should be happy enough just to get their current contracts renewed with the current terms at a big club like Liverpool. The agent aspect of the game probably needs some coding so that low reputation players don't make demands like this.

In previous versions, a player nearing the end of their contract would accept lower wages if they felt they were no longer going to get first team matches

But it was offset by appearance bonuses, which sometimes meant they were getting more per year once they hit 10/15 games when also considering their signing on fee, so sometimes the higher wage was cheaper

Can't give an answer yet for this year though, not played enough yet and my 36-year old Lee Carsley got a payrise, which was expected since he is the club captain and a first-teamer

However, if they have more than a year left, then no chance should they accept anytype of paycut unless they are the type of player to take one for the sake of the club

Contraeo only gets 26k from me im loving the agents in the game makes it more exciting ive never came across a ridiculous high one yet i didnt have agent who wanted 4 mill but got him down to 1 mil like some people have already mentioned they start off high you just got to lower it down they will eventually ware down and if they dont just sell the player in your team or dont buy the player you wanted move on to someone else and try again another time

When I first entered talks with Neymar he wanted 92,000 a week to join Stoke, he ended up signing for a more reasonable 44,000. You have to push and not be afraid of missing out then re-entering negotiations later on. If you work on the player a bit more, if you unsettle him and make him want to move demands drop enormously. I started attempts to sign Neymar in June and the deal was completed last week of July. I've managed to push a number of players wages down in contract renewals, others I've left really late and taken the risk of losing them on a free, as well as often including the final year extension clause for 20 appearances. That way I can decide whether to get another year out of them or not on their current wages.

Look at how much clubs spend on agents. Then come back and admit that you were wrong about agent fee's being too high. It's realistic.

Found something interesting this morning regarding agent fees from Brian Marwood:

"They get between 2% and 5% of the wages but split over the deal, so if a player signs a five-year deal and leaves after two, you wouldn't pay the agent the remaining three years [percentage]."

This is obviously only a general guideline (and most other clubs pay up front), but is an idea to what agent fee demands perhaps should be.

I have just started my first game with Besiktas. I tried to renew contracts of several players who had 1 or 2 years left. Their demands are incredible. Current wage - 750K Euros/year, demand 4,4M. Every single playes is asking for at least double wages.

Personally, I feel contract negotiations are one of the best new features in FM11 (minus agent fees)

Last year you couldn't really go too far below demands before they said no, but this year...

One of the first teamers, on 8K/week with bonuses, wanting 18K/week with bonuses for an extension

So being cheeky me, I offer 5K/week with bonuses

He accepted 7.0K/week with the only slightly better bonuses than his original contract

Negotiate... that's why it's called a negotiation

Now we just need transfer fees to be as negotiable as contracts

Try signing Mata from Valencie :D

Agent wants 8mil and sign on fee for the player of 6mil (i agreed 10mil up front and 17.5mil over 36months) + £135k a week....

BUT in real life I have met a couple of agents and one was trying to broker a deal for Riquelme from Villareal to a Russian club and the deal totalled €60mil euros (all agent fees/back handers etc) The quoted transfer fee we would've seen in the back of the paper would've been only €18mil. So add 4 years of 60k a week wages @pprox 10mil euro then there was over 32mil of bungs/sign ons/agent cash.

That is crazy.

hmmm,

i'm playing as forest and rob earnshaws £15k a week contract expires in june 2011.

he is 30 and was hoping to get it down a little bit but his agent refuses to negotiate after i wouldn't (couldn't, to be more precise) match his £26k a week wage demands.

looks like i'm going to have to let my top striker walk at the end of the season unless his agent gets real pronto :-(

I haven't had these problems on 11.1, when i offered carragher a new contract he requested less than he was earning, Coentrao also only asked for about 68,000 for me and i negotiated him to lower than that.

I think the patch improved the contract negotiations a lot compared to the demo as i'm yet to see any ridiculous wage demands or agent fees on 11.1.

I've not really had any problems with it - I'm at Bayern on one save, and have had some requests from Lahm and Schweinsteiger that were well out of my budget range, but managed to negotiate them down to more reasonable 110k-ish wages. Klose was a bit more annoying, as he wanted 120k, despite him being 32 and only being a squad player for me. But I managed to get him down - they seem to like the "add extra season if you play 20 games in your last year of contract", you can manipulate the bonuses so that appearance fees make up wages you can't afford and I've found that if you boost the agent's fees a little bit, you can often get the wage for quite a lot lower. This comes in useful when, like me, I didn't make any major signings in my first season, so still had 15million left sitting around - take agent's fees out of that, but save on long term wages.

Also worth considering is offering a wage of less than what they're demanding, and making up the difference in bonuses. That way, if a player is in form, scoring for fun and doing a good job for your team, you end up paying him what he wants. If he gets injured or you drop him for being in bad form, you end up only paying a fraction of what he wanted, he doesn't moan about it, and you aren't wasting wages on someone sitting on the bench/playing in the reserves.

I'm bumping this with what is by far the most annoying ****ing **** in this game.

So, I just finished my first season with Roma and during the summer-window I got accepted a bid of £9 mill for Luis Suarez. He wanted to leave, etc. "Yes, finally some realism!", I thought.

But no. He demanded a £140 000 k paycheck. And this is a player whose coming FROM AJAX, TO ROMA, with a salary of 18.5 k.

I pull out of the deal as he refused to go any further down than 85, which is still a hopeless amount.

I then get notifications that Palermo has bought him for £7 mill. I go to his profile and check his salary: £50.000 k.

NOW WHAT THE **** IS THIS ****.

EDIT: I also tried to sign Kolarov. He demanded nothing less than 80000 k, minimum. Fiorentina just bought him. His salary for them, who finished 14th, whilst I finished 4th: £47.5 k.

So he'll sign for a bad team with an even worse salary? The **** is this ****.

You can't offer him a reduced wage while he still under contract for 1 or more year (duh), you'll have to wait untill hes contract has almost run out. and 30 is still a good age for a defender, maybe after 33ish he'll be more likely to accept a reduced contract if hes current contract has almost run out that is.

Archived