Editor works on FM2011 steam pre-load...woo hoo

If you get it to level 11 make sure you post it somewhere! I have just tried to add 1 level and i couldnt do it! Something about number of promotion places in regional div not the same as isthmian divison, but it seems it to me! Only thing I can see is the number of relegated teams from Conf North is 2 and South is 3 so 5 teams relegated into 3 divisons, and thats the default set up in the game, wierd!

If you get it to level 11 make sure you post it somewhere! I have just tried to add 1 level and i couldnt do it! Something about number of promotion places in regional div not the same as isthmian divison, but it seems it to me! Only thing I can see is the number of relegated teams from Conf North is 2 and South is 3 so 5 teams relegated into 3 divisons, and thats the default set up in the game, wierd!

Its because Ilkeston are no longer a club which mean it refuses to put 6 teams up when 5 are coming down and my editor is currently working on a way round this and the results will be posted in the editor data section.

That means i can get started on my FM11 to level 11 update quicker :D

Hurrah ! Can't wait to play as Chester FC, so this is excellent news. Good luck with your work RTC, I look forward to seeing the fruits of your labour.

I have already preloaded but there is no fm2011 in my computer...I have a Mac...where is it?? There is not even a steamapps folder. WTF?

I struggled to find it originally. You need to go into the 'Library' folder under your User folder. Into Application Support, Steam, SteamApps, Common...you will find the FM 2011 Folder there.

I still cannot get the editor to launch though on my Mac. Is anyone running the editor for FM2011 on their Mac already or is it just PC users?

I have already preloaded but there is no fm2011 in my computer...I have a Mac...where is it?? There is not even a steamapps folder. WTF?

The game files are located in /<your computername>/Users/<your username>/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Football Manager 2011

don't really know if i should start using the editor now..here is my noob question: can any changes i make to the database (11.0 i guess) be brought to the new database that will be released with the new patch on friday (11.01)?

thanks!

don't really know if i should start using the editor now..here is my noob question: can any changes i make to the database (11.0 i guess) be brought to the new database that will be released with the new patch on friday (11.01)?

thanks!

If you want to use Friday's database as your starting point, I would advise against making any changes now! :)

its probably used as an advantage of steam, but maybe infuture SI will let people download the editor early, non steam i mean?

Although this would then probably open up more chances to pirate etc perhaps?

Surely the editor works on the databases installed with the game. If you are buying a boxed copy of the game, you won't have the data files the editor needs to work.

I apologize if this is a stupid question, but after reading this thread I was browsing the editor, and found players such as Jack Wilshere for example have negative values for potential ability, for example under potential ability jack wilshere has a value of -9, and I was wondering what that meant, if anyone on here can help that would be great

I apologize if this is a stupid question, but after reading this thread I was browsing the editor, and found players such as Jack Wilshere for example have negative values for potential ability, for example under potential ability jack wilshere has a value of -9, and I was wondering what that meant, if anyone on here can help that would be great

It means his PA is randomly generated between a certain threshold, not sure of the exact numbers, each time a new game is loaded from the database. -10 is best, there are few of them in game. A -9 should turn out to be a very good player, sometimes genuinely world class.

If you want to use Friday's database as your starting point, I would advise against making any changes now! :)

Doesn't the editor only saves the "changes" to the DB?? The same changes will be applied to 11.0 & 11.1.

Why wont the Mac version work!? :( Anyone?? Theres an "application" icon in the right folder, but its not got a logo like the FM 10 does and when u try to open it it says, its not supported on this architecture (Intel based mac). Anyone know why the 2011 editor is not working, but in 10 it did? :(

Archived