You know you like this game too much when...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by skintsaint:

I once google earthed portsmouth and it just showed a picture of a giant poo

true story </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

was this poo full of money or did it just look like harry redknapp?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Flanno7hi:

You look the town you're club is from on google earth icon_razz.gif, I started a new game unemploy(able)ed and am now at ecija balompie in spain, looks like a nice little town, i could see myself living there icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Look at what you've done!! I'm going to be doing that now!!!! icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Flanno7hi:

You look the town you're club is from on google earth icon_razz.gif, I started a new game unemploy(able)ed and am now at ecija balompie in spain, looks like a nice little town, i could see myself living there icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not trying to out-do you, but I've been doing this for a while, from EHM to FM, to make in-game job decisions.

But you're right. If one gets to the point of researching the cities before accepting their offer... he's definitely into the game a bit too much. icon_wink.gif

Though, in our defence, it really adds to the fun and immersion! icon14.gif

You look the town you're club is from on google earth icon_razz.gif, </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I do that!!

hey neil your stadium looks like wembley compared to my bit of waste ground icon_biggrin.gif

What team are you?

B thats cool i was beginning to think i was going slightly mental haha

Who yare you managing?

I've only played 4 games so far in my sunny new town but we've 2 wins and 2 draws so not bad. icon_smile.gif

Inter are cool although i hope they have a couple of off days against the pool. How ya doing? I haven't tried italian league yet on 08, i've been playing my one Ireland manager save since i bought the game(in 2018 now) until yesterday when i started unemployed.

I have a habit of choosing places Ive gone on holiday too and liked, anywhere by the sea does me really.

In recent years Ive moved from clubs that are or I turned into European giants to take over at Mallorca, Lanzarote, and Bognor Regis.

Bognor was the best one as in my 15 odd years there I ended up with a new 60k stadium that was expanded to 80k and named after me and pretty much made them the dominant force in European if not World football.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by neil220779:

Won Serie A and Italian Cup in 1st season, but Arsenal put me out in the CL quarters.

With budget adjustment I ended up with 95 million pounds to spend in the summer of 2008/09, I also sold underperforming Ibrahimovic for 40 million.

Current Squad

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj52/ndebergerac/inter.jpg </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

An underperforming Ibrahimovic? I was going to say I thoguht he might be too good on the game. He won the Golden Boot at the Euros, top scorer in Serie A with 28 in 34 games, won Italian player of the year and headed up the assists rankings with 16. Then again, I'd sell the stroppy git for £40 million!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by robzilla:

... I have been known to save the image and use it as my background too... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey robzilla thats a really good idea i might do that.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I have a habit of choosing places Ive gone on holiday too and liked, anywhere by the sea does me really.

In recent years Ive moved from clubs that are or I turned into European giants to take over at Mallorca, Lanzarote, and Bognor Regis.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey George ya i used to do that on 07, i'm going to lanzorote next month i think i should have just picked them. But the whole unemployed manager thing intrigues me.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> neil220779

Part-timer

Won Serie A and Italian Cup in 1st season, but Arsenal put me out in the CL quarters.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nice team Neil icon_cool.gif I wonder if thats the same diego i had for my city team. icon_confused.gif class player

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Mitja

Part-timer

Registered: 20 June 2004 Posted 13 February 2008 09:19 ....when I'm spending my time on this forum </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_razz.gif too true

Hmm, my stadium link worked when I posted it icon_confused.gif San Siro if anyone hadn't figured it out yet.

As for Zlatan, I just had a look and he scored 17 in 36 games with an average of 7.03, which I suppose isn't that bad, but 40 million is well worth getting shot of him, he was ubhappy all season long, I think because I dropped him for a spell.

Diego is the Brazilian from Werder, think he cost 30 million. I lost Figo to retirement and Jimenez from a loan deal so needed another AMC, so why not Diego I though icon_wink.gif

Poor Riquelme though, cost me nothing(Jan. pre-contract), but I wasn't expecting to get the kind of funds that I did to buy Diego, Martinez, Aguero etc etc. Good chance he will be moved on in Jan. 2009 if I can find a buyer.

So,staying on the subject of Diego, I'm in a online clan as Spurs. Its Jan. 2010 and I just sold Lennon for 30 million, with budget adjustment I have 38 million to spend. I already have Farfan who can step into Lennon's boots, so should I spend 35 million on Diego? Is he that good? or should I look elsewhere for a cheaper alternative?(I know this technically belows in Good Players forum, but isn't really worthy of its own thread).

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by skintsaint:

poo it maybe but its currently a class above its neighbour icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by williamshankley:

Incidently this is my stadium Gateshead

More info shows it's 3.6 mile from St.Jame's Park ( Newcastle's ground) and 278 miles from Wembley stadium icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I didn't know Gateshead's staduim was an International arena!!

you know you love this game too much for 2 reasons

1) you need to start doing c.w and finish it ready for deadline which is the next day, and you decide to finish a season, make summer signings, and start a season instead

2) when your addictiveness rating is "you are now a football manager expert" after 11 days, 13 hours and 50 minutes

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ginger:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by williamshankley:

Incidently this is my stadium Gateshead

More info shows it's 3.6 mile from St.Jame's Park ( Newcastle's ground) and 278 miles from Wembley stadium icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I didn't know Gateshead's staduim was an International arena!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah it's for the athletics icon14.gif

What a top idea from the OP </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks Shanks icon_biggrin.gif I assumed I was going a bit mad icon_cool.gif Cool stadium icon_smile.gif

What a top idea from the OP </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks Shanks icon_biggrin.gif I assumed I was going a bit mad icon_cool.gif Cool stadium icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I should have said compared to mine icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> small Ukrainian club close to the Slovenian border!

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

james you're club is nearly in slovenia, would make a nice background.

was this poo full of money </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

QPR

Archived