Anyone had a academy progidy?

yes, but no longer have the saves unfortunately. had several good ones though, 1 was a central midfielder callen Jean-Marie Kern, a French MC, and he was brilliant, as well as being technically strong and very creative, his workrate was exceptional. got capped for France at 2014 world cup for first time at age 19. He was brilliant.

My best CB came through my youth teams, I saw him when he was 16 and by 17 he was a first team starter and won his first cap. He's won the world cup with England (I was surprised to) at 19 as well as a host of other medals. I'll try and upload a pic of him.

Only problem is I'm Sunderland and it says he was born in Newcastle... Might have to get rid of him.

I've had a couple come through in my last Manager's career at Leeds and Palermo. Never really stayed long enough to manage them through their whole careers, but they have still been top class.

Mark Wood (career stats / Biography) has probably been the best of them. I only managed him for a season or two before I left Leeds, and then gave him his first cap when I was England manager, but he's gone on to be amazing.

Nazzareno Martinelli (career stats / Biography) is another. Came through my youth system in my first season at Palermo when I was short of centre-backs, he ended up becoming a first team regular when he was just 17 and still is to this day. He's also got 65 caps at just 26 years old, which is pretty impressive. While his stats don't look great, he's easily the best centre-back i've had in FM10. He is ridiculously consistent.

nope . its rather annoying that my youth players are always crap

Same even though i got the best youth facilities

Its kinda weird that Barcelona produce some of the best footballers of this generation and in any of my saves i havent saw a world class regen from their academy :mad:

nope . its rather annoying that my youth players are always crap

This. That's what Newcastle United does though :p

lol, i've got a few good players coming through in my 2013/13 season... no one in my youth team is going to be world class though.

I have resigned myself to the fact that I am never going to get a great player brought through any accademy of asny club I manage, so I must go and poache the best u17s from other teams and treat them as my own :)

same here but i didn't resign, the urge to do so was almost overwhelming though.. waiting for a miracle i suppose..

This player is probably my best player so far from the youth system, I got him my 6th-10th season in. He is my first player with 'wordclass' description from my youth :D

Player Profile

luke1.png

Player Description

luke2.png

Player Bio

luke3.png

every FM game usually brings me one world class player - usually a defender. i remember on FM09 i had an incredible centre back from africa. heres the best ive had from thise years game - so dissapointing to only get one in 15 years (especially from west hams Academy!)

18_Mike_Hardy.png

every FM game usually brings me one world class player - usually a defender. i remember on FM09 i had an incredible centre back from africa. heres the best ive had from thise years game - so dissapointing to only get one in 15 years (especially from west hams Academy!)

In my game, Englands new all-time top goalscorer came from West Ham's youth academy. A guy called Justin Mason, I scalped him on a free for my championship AFC Wimbledon side when he finished his first season there, and then when I moved to Leeds in the Premier league I signed him again. I only spent £1.3m on him and he went on to score 457 goals in 597 games for Leeds, with 79 goals in 101 caps for England.

Justin Mason / Career stats (part 1 / 2) / Leeds' all-time best players / England's all time best players

Whoever the West Ham manager at the time was deserves sacking just for letting him go!

I had one come through whilst I was Southampton, a striker. I can't remember his name now and unfortunately don't have a screenshot as I've since lost the save.

I do remember it being in the second season though, they had just sacked Pardew and I took over there; still in League 1. Had a gander at the new generation of youth players for that season and found this one guy. I signed Simeon Jackson from Gillingham as my main striker and used this guy as well.

He was 16, and scored 25 goals in his first season. Needless to say I went on to reach the Premiership relatively easy, where he was still able to hit at least 20 goals per season.

I've got one or two centre-halves coming through, one of whom was described as 'potentially one of the best players of his generation'. That one (forget his name tbh) has stats in all the right areas, and at 17 already has 16+ tackling, marking and heading, as well as decent jumping (honestly, not edited, SI got it right for once haha).

No, but in my current save I have had two players (one at Northampton and one at Lincoln) who played over 100 league games for me before they reached their 19th birthday. The one at Lincoln is now my team's best player and he's 19.

Archived