Si take note

I, as always, i've have played si games. Now that a patch will soon is there any chance i can have si can send me an update. When i bought the game i was never told it would take x amount of patches to make the game work.

I, as always, i've have played si games. Now that a patch will soon is there any chance i can have si can send me an update. When i bought the game i was never told it would take x amount of patches to make the game work.

Firstly, WOW at the grammatical construction of that sentence.!

Secondly.... In this day and age, with the main consoles being X-Box 360 and PS3, It is very common for them to release games, then patch them up when bugs and errors are found. Even for games very old for the generation (Gears of War, Saint's Row) - they are still releasing updates.

SI aren't machines. The testers can only do so much, and thankfully it's people like you and me that allow SI to perfect the game in the months after release, to really help you get the best out of it that you can. Now don't get me wrong, I'm no fanboy claiming this game is perfect, believe me. But you won't find me a single game on the market that is perfect, bug less, faultless, and invincible. The game quite simply doesn't exist. You should be grateful you get the opportunity to update your game to a level where it is as close to perfect as a game can be.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NepentheZ:

you won't find me a single game on the market that is perfect, bug less, faultless, and invincible. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I beg to differ - Pong on the Atari.

Before the muppets kill the post. My only point is that i've got no means of downloading an update to make my game work. Games company's can sell an unworking product. It's funny in the real world that you have 2 years product suport on anything you buy. If i buy the game again will this be up to date or is it pot luck. Cheers

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pele10:

I, as always, i've have played si games. Now that a patch will soon is there any chance i can have si can send me an update. When i bought the game i was never told it would take x amount of patches to make the game work. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Odd my game works fine...you sure that you haven't broken your disk.

As for patches, e mail SI about it. Not sure you will get the response you want by putting it on here.

As has been pointed out, you obviously have access to an internet connection. Just download it from there, stick it on a memory stick if it's not your home computer, and put on your PC.

And you honestly expect us to believe that you've been a member of these forums since 2002, have made over 2000 posts but didn't realise there would be patches? Surely this is a wind up.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bermybhoy:

I might be missing something obvious here but you do appear to have an internet connection?

I don't think you're ever able to buy a 'patched' version of any current release in the shops. Maybe if it's repackaged as a budget game or something in a year's time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He might be using an internet cafe I suppose. You can't download stuff there.

I am sure that it will also be released on some PC game magazines.

He can ask the cafe owner or employees if they can download the patch for him and than burn it on to a cd or transfer it to a flash drive.... There are solutions to every problem... don't be stupid, be smart and come up with one icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Firstly, WOW at the grammatical construction of that sentence.! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The posters remarks were perfectly understandable. Have you ever considered that the posters fist language may not be english?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pele10:

I, as always, i've have played si games. Now that a patch will soon is there any chance i can have si can send me an update. When i bought the game i was never told it would take x amount of patches to make the game work. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If, as you say, you always play the SI games, what have you done to get patches for the previous versions of the game as they have all had patches before, as you must be aware being the experienced player you are. There must be someone or somewhere that you can download a patch for you

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nelsonmcjones:

I have always suffered from penile disfunction and did not realise it would take x ammount of blue pills to make my winkle work. Personally I blame God... and my wife... but not S.I. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd blame SI personally icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> The posters remarks were perfectly understandable. Have you ever considered that the posters fist language may not be english? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I had to read it a couple of times. If is first language is English, then it was terrible. If not, the thats fair enough.

Ask at an internet cafe if they can d/l it for you and put it on a pen drive. Otherwise, I think that PC Gamer have discs with patches on? I'm not sure, they used to. Do you not know anyone with an internet connection to download it for you?

April the first has come early, and so has nelsonmcjones with the sound of it!

Patches are available from so many sites, and there are always solutions to downloading problems. You can try emailing SI but I doubt they will email you it as an attachment.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nelsonmcjones:

I have always suffered from penile disfunction and did not realise it would take x ammount of blue pills to make my winkle work. Personally I blame God... and my wife... but not S.I. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I hate to say this but....its your tactics mate.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bermybhoy:

I might be missing something obvious here but you do appear to have an internet connection?

I don't think you're ever able to buy a 'patched' version of any current release in the shops. Maybe if it's repackaged as a budget game or something in a year's time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I used to own FM07 on the xbox360 before the save corrupt bug started cheesing me off, so I bought the PC version of it in July last year and it was fully loaded with the 7.0.2 patch and database... my only downside to that was that I couldn't use the default database as the only database available was the 7.0.2.... saying that, I can't complain to much as I had an amazing run as Scotland boss, and also a good run as AC Milan manager. It's just ashame I can't replicate my Scotland success with Football Manager 2008. Trying to get a squad of players in 2010 and beyond is a nightmare as all the Scottish players born in Scotland, but have chosing to start their career in England opt for England instead of Scotland, which isn't always the case. SI should make that a tickable option when selecting which leagues to run, etc.

Anyone else thinking he may be on a friend's PC, with dial up internet? I have no idea where he's from, but I'm from Brazil, and while broadband is quite common, in smaller cities it may not be possible to get it as companies won't invest money for little or no return. He'd pay the game's price to download it off a dial up connection...

He does have a point too. Games should only be sold in final state, but this is not an ideal world... (and yeah, I do know about Civ 4...) Also, it doesn't say in the box it requires internet connection for single player games...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cafe_latte:

I used to own FM07 on the xbox360 before the save corrupt bug started cheesing me off, so I bought the PC version of it in July last year and it was fully loaded with the 7.0.2 patch and database... my only downside to that was that I couldn't use the default database as the only database available was the 7.0.2.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you sure you bought it? The only way the game would automatically come with the 7.0.2 database is if you downloaded the game from somewhere.

The boxed game is always just that, you need to download and apply the patch in every case.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by trekman:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Firstly, WOW at the grammatical construction of that sentence.! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The posters remarks were perfectly understandable. Have you ever considered that the posters fist language may not be english? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, I had considered that he may not speak English as a first language, but I personally thank that he does. Or if he doesn't, he is fluent in it. I wont go into the whys or hows of why I think that, but thats me.

As for the "Internet Connections" thing, I don't think when he said he had "No means" of downloading it that he didn't have internet. I think he was trying to put across that, he bought the game, and shouldn't have to worry about patches to make it work. Maybe I'm wrong.

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Are you sure you bought it? The only way the game would automatically come with the 7.0.2 database is if you downloaded the game from somewhere.

The boxed game is always just that, you need to download and apply the patch in every case. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's possible that the game was remastered and if that is the case then it would come with 7.0.2 pre-installed

Before the muppets kill the post. My only point is that i've got no means of downloading an update to make my game work. Games company's can sell an unworking product. It's funny in the real world that you have 2 years product suport on anything you buy. If i buy the game again will this be up to date or is it pot luck. Cheers </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

PCZoNE always have the patch when its out and most libraries have computers.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Are you sure you bought it? The only way the game would automatically come with the 7.0.2 database is if you downloaded the game from somewhere.

The boxed game is always just that, you need to download and apply the patch in every case. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's possible that the game was remastered and if that is the case then it would come with 7.0.2 pre-installed </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ahh I see. Sorry I didn't realise this happened. You really do learn something new every day.

Archived