Has the difficulty been tweaked on 10.3?

I was on a good run and thought things were going really well on 10.2, but now since I have installed the patch my squad is on a right downer and i've now gone 5 without a win - against some very poor sides at that.

Also what's the problem with the Holland national squad? How come they only got grey keepers?

Cheers.

I find 10.3 a lot, lot easier because the ME is more in tune with my tactical philosophy.

As backpackant says, each patch tweaks the ME and it takes study to determine the best way to play the system again. I've personally got lucky this time round.

I was in a relegation dogfight, 16th or 17th place with 7-8 games to go when the patch came out. Did not change tactics or my lineup but went on a great run as soon as the new patch was installed and fininshed 11th in my first Prem season! I was chuffed!

Improved the squad a bit during the summer and now I am in 4th place and it´s early november. Just beat Chelsea 2-1 away! Obviously I am loving the patch, my tactics seem to work really well, at least I am consistently overachieving with it. Loves it I do...

I find 10.3 a lot, lot easier because the ME is more in tune with my tactical philosophy.

As backpackant says, each patch tweaks the ME and it takes study to determine the best way to play the system again. I've personally got lucky this time round.

Exactly the same here, won the league first season with Man City using my own tactic and I mainly only signed young players, Most I spent was £12 million :D

Try managing spurs, I can only everage 2 goals evey say 8 games. I look the better team in most of my games but I just cannot score. The computer AI opponent scores easy, doesn't even have to shoot at close range. Not only that, I get a player injured say evey 2 games. And I see the "needs physio" message at least 6-7 times a game.

I think the patch is easier to use rather than the suggestion it is easier to win.

Basically if you have a good squad with good, realistic tactics you stand a good chance of a win or your team will at least represent your style of play well. If you have good tactics with a poor team - as I do - then you will see your style, in patches ;), but you're not guaranteed the win. I'm still happy though because as I said I can see my team trying to play how I tell them rather than some random strangeness on the screen!

Before it seemed to be a case of my tactics are ok and my team plays ok, but I win because I have found a way around the flaws in the ME...

This patch is much more realistic I think.

Im finding this patch alot easier... I made a simple 4-4-2 tactic in like 5 minutes and im top of the league with Derby :S

I'm in almost exactly the same position. Going between a simple 4-4-2 and 4-2-2-2 and miles ahead (15 points clear), also with Derby. Admittedly made a few very good signings, but even so I'm surprised.

Im finding the tactical side to this patch harder than 10.2 i tried to use the same formation as i did with the last patch and it just does not work.i play a rigid 4-3-1-2 with the the front 3 having more freedom and roaming to balance out the rigid tactic which had alot of success in the last patch now i find that i struggle to score whereas keepin cleansheets are much easier for me,i changed the philosophy to fluid and it got abit better but findin the right balance seems to be very difficult. can rigid formations win trophies is the question this patch is asking

The squad cohesion changes are a bit strong arm in 10.3 but tactically its light years more malleable. This cuts both ways of course, if your tactics were too focussed previously, especially narrow wingless wonders etc. then you will be unlocked by the liberated wingers employed in AI formations more than before etc.

With 10.2 I had a great 4-3-1-2 formation. I was scoring quite a few, even 1-v-1s weren't a huge issue (my strikers were set to "move into channels"), but it didn't work so well with 10.3, presumably the improved movement from centre backs. But I now have a fairly basic 4-4-2 that works pretty well, although I'm far from dominant at the moment. I have played two seasons quite quickly, but without really concentrating too much, plus I have a world class ££ Man City ££ team. Gonna start a new save with Leeds pretty soon and then I'll see how hard it really is.

If a tactic is solid and the mentality is right then it is usually just a case of tweaking defensive line and closing down between patches. That's where the biggest change seems to have been in patches for the previous couple of versions of FM.

Problem for me is that when my team create chances they just cannot score. The computer opponent AI almost always scores, so much so that I go into every game thinking I must score more than 1 because the computer AI starts off with a goal advantage (like it's 1-0 to the computer AI before the match even starts).

• Administrators

Personally found it much easier this patch, think it's because I'm using a wider formation. I think for those of you who have been having big success with a narrow formation may well be finding results not going so much your way.

Personally found it much easier this patch, think it's because I'm using a wider formation. I think for those of you who have been having big success with a narrow formation may well be finding results not going so much your way.

Yep i play wide and its much better, not just that am playing level 9 at the min, becouse ME could be very random now it looks like my players know what there doing, much better allround good jobe everone at SI

The squad cohesion changes are a bit strong arm in 10.3 but tactically its light years more malleable. This cuts both ways of course, if your tactics were too focussed previously, especially narrow wingless wonders etc. then you will be unlocked by the liberated wingers employed in AI formations more than before etc.

That's exactly the way I play. Very narrow and without any presence out wide other than what my full-backs offer. My form has dipped since the new patch. Could this be why?

I'm currently fighting to get out of the relegation zone with spurs. I can't do nothing. I look the better team in the vast majority of my games but I just cannot score and my goalie hadly ever makes a save when called upon (and he's hadly called upon in the majority of my games). It's not all bad though because I don't like winning all the time anyway.

Is it possible to load in another league once a league has started?

Edit: The reason I ask is because I've only added the premier league and I would like to bring spurs back up if I do get religated (and if I don't get the sack)

I wonder if the negative effect for you being an unknown manager has increased. I've also founf home games easier but away games tougher. I think they needed to make bottom of the table teams play better at home because there were too many teams getting 10-20 points per season (in the same year/same division)

I think the best way is to play wingers and try not too have much possesion, i find if im getting domminated i stand more a chance of scoring, thus winning.

I think you've just inadvertently described what counter attacking is.

It sems harder. Maybe harder to score. The scorelines I had in the last pitch were bordering on rediculous (8+ goals a game everygame).

The tactic that I was using that worked very well in the last patch doesnt seem to work at all in this patch.

So far played 14 won 1, drew 10, lost 3.

I liked to play using width but I narrowed it down for the last patch because it never worked. I even told them to stop crossing. Maybe I should go back to using width.

Exactly, wider is much more easier...

Problem for me is that when my team create chances they just cannot score. The computer opponent AI almost always scores, so much so that I go into every game thinking I must score more than 1 because the computer AI starts off with a goal advantage (like it's 1-0 to the computer AI before the match even starts).

I have the exact same issue.

I have managed to win 5 Copa Libertadores, 4 Brazilian Serie As and then 1 Champions League with Inter. Patched, and I can't win a single game.

I have used the same formation or variation of it since the CM days - 4-2-1-1-2, 4-1-2-1-2 or 4-1-1-2-2. Always worked decently if I had the players.

Now what, I need to rebuy my players to play as wingers or whatever?

Same here my tactic was doing ok, usually finishing 6th in the swiss league, in 10.2 with some average players. When i installed 10.3 all of a sudden i am challenging for the league with the same tactic.

I'm finding it harder because I had a great tactic that played pretty narrow football and very rarely moved the ball out wide, and narrow tactics seem a lot less effective, except for the AI at Chelsea.

My tactic for 10.2 was 4-1-2-0-3 Employing 1 Dm, 2 CM's and 3 strikers with no wingers and playing very narrow and direct and as stated above it seems to be working better for me than it did on 10.2.

the patch 10.3 is easier man,the games is unrealistic,the games is unplayable and please REQUEST patch 10.4.

the patch 10.3 is easier and unrealistic,no is fun the dificult.

i pay for the games sigames!!understood.

the patch 10.3 is easier man,the games is unrealistic,the games is unplayable and please REQUEST patch 10.4.

the patch 10.3 is easier and unrealistic,no is fun the dificult.

i pay for the games sigames!!understood.

Going into every thread and requesting a new patch isn't going to make it happen. Can you please stop requesting a 10.4 patch in every thread.

I found it a lot harder only cause I was dominating with 10.2. After 3 games I now enjoy the games more as the football is more attractive, responsive to tactics and flows better. I also find opposition keepers make better saves, eg. parries off to the side from a long shot, instead of always just catching it calmly.

Since release I have also scored two 35 yarder freekicks, which is cool. Just need to wait till penalty shootouts to see if goalies can save diagonal balls.

All in all, I just needed to give it a little bit of time. Good patch.

Having a harder time now as well, TONS of off target shots and DC's making more mistakes. My diamond isn't working anymore as it did, but I'm sure it just needs some tweaking :) Conceding way more but also scoring way more (and should be even more looking at the off target shots), breaking both those records in current season (9th season).

Same here my tactic was doing ok, usually finishing 6th in the swiss league, in 10.2 with some average players. When i installed 10.3 all of a sudden i am challenging for the league with the same tactic.

My tactic for 10.2 was 4-1-2-0-3 Employing 1 Dm, 2 CM's and 3 strikers with no wingers and playing very narrow and direct and as stated above it seems to be working better for me than it did on 10.2.

You know what? I tried this 4-1-2-0-3 tactic with the same players, and now I'm back in the game. Seems to me that the new patch has a problem with AMCs, or it's just become a game of guessing which is the best formation for this version of FM2010.

You know what? I tried this 4-1-2-0-3 tactic with the same players, and now I'm back in the game. Seems to me that the new patch has a problem with AMCs, or it's just become a game of guessing which is the best formation for this version of FM2010.

Now that's discouraging :( I had finally found a tactic with an AMC that worked ... Since the patch I didn't notice much though on the players playing AMC... (I play a 442 Diamond), but I'll check it out. I'm scoring more and conceding more so I doubt my problem is at the AMC position.

Looks like i'm gonna have to go out and bring in a couple of wingers then ;-) Good job I'm just into January!!

This game is ruined for me. I tried rolling back, but the savegames fail to load. I'm the manager of Brazil and I can't even beat Venezuela with my 4-1-2-1-2 formation that worked brilliantly for many seasons. Guess I'll have to wait for the next patch, which will probably be named FM11.

Archived