FM on the New Ipad????

Do you think there is any chance of sigames developing an app to run the FM 11 on the soon to be released IPad???? I think that would be really good, obviously there would be limitations to the game due to memory but it would still be a good game.........

what do you think?

Yeah with the minimal requirements of the crappy looks of the 3D on the Ipad. not a chance in the next millenium.

Without the 3D very possible. Perhaps FM05, FM06, FM07 and FM08 might run, the other two... ahahahahahahahahahahahah.

lets face it, it would never be the full game and yeah, the 3d match engine would be impossible (i don't use it anyways) but i think it would be a nice App for the commute to work. Impossible, perhaps but would be great.

Then buy the PSP and FMHandheld :confused:

I would like to see this happen. it comes with a 1024 x 768 resoloution, which is the minimum for PC FM, although it is only a 9.7 inch screen so maybe a skin similar to the unofficial PC ones that let you run on a netbook would be better. On XP, FM only needs a 1.4 GHz processor, and I would imagine that this would come on a much more basic, less resource consuming OS, so that should be O.K. with slight adaptations. The RAM has not yet been announced, but the Iphone has 256MB so half a gig is a fair bet and that would meet the minimum requirements for PC. Overall, it would need some adaptations and we wouldn't get huge databases, but we could have an experiance close to the PC version IMO.

Or... You could get a very high end netbook for the same price, and have the same functionality, play FM just fine (some of the latest dearest ones will even run 3D i'd imagine) and not have to carry around a giant Iphone.

Is anyone seriously going to buy the monstrosity that is the iPad? That has to be the single most useless "invention" ever. It's a real life Chocolate Teapot!

If Apple are making money from it, my "Spirit Level Bubble" company will do excellently!

If Apple are making money from it, my "Spirit Level Bubble" company will do excellently!

Hehe ^^

I'd seriously love to have a conversation with whatever lunatic is getting this.

It's bigger than a phone and can use teh internetz!

Get a laptop then.

But... but it's smaller than a laptop so I can use it easier for the internet!

But a smartphone is even smaller than that, and is a phone too!

But it's got a touchscreen!

Great - well done on being impressed by a square piece of crap that's less powerful than a laptop and less useful than a phone, that'll also require constant cleaning thanks to your fingertips touching it.

:rolleyes:

I honestly think the Apply fanboys who support the iPad are zombies - honest to God, braindead zombies.

They've invented the equivalent of a square wheel.

its amazing that you people are so against an alternative. you don't have to buy it, you don't have use it and you don't have to like it BUT some people like to have the choice. I have an iphone, i have a mac book and i had an ipod, i guess that makes me a zombie but all of Apple's products are so much better than the pc or windows equivalent.

As i read somewhere else, once you go Mac, you don't go back!!!

I am a PC guy. However, I am intrigued by the possibilities represented by the iPad. As I said in an earlier post, IF it was capable of running the game and IF SI chose to make it available for that platform then I would be interested. The foolishness of this argument on both sides is getting ridiculous. As a consumer, I can buy whatever product suits my fancy. So can you. Also, we can ignore whatever products seem unnecessary or wasteful we choose. I personally applaud Apple for making an attempt here. Truthfully, the iPad is probably two-to-three (cpu shelf-life) generations away from being a great/revolutionary product.

• 3 months later...

Currently I use my 5 year old G4 iBook for two things. The internet and FM07!!! I literally dont think there is a moment when its not running on my laptop. I like to relax by just picking it up to play for 1hr or so in the evening whilst watching TV with the misses, she moans about work and her friends and I celebrate winning the champions league, everyone's happy! However, sadly my laptop is a bit long in the teeth and needs replacing, and I've got an iPad on order

I've got a desktop (mac mini) hooked up to my flat screen so I can do all the word processing, spreadsheets, iTunes, DVD watching I like on my full computer and so don't need a laptop for those things. I also don't want to buy the full version FM to run on that because then I can't play whilst watching TV as it would be on my TV.

I'd rather not buy a new laptop as it will be more expensive than the iPad is costing me and the only extra functionality it will give me will be the ability to play FM11 not to mention that a laptop will of course be less portable (to a degree).

So given my lifestyle I would love a decent version of FM for the iPad. I've shell'd out for the iPhone version but its there's something that's just not quite right about it. I suspect this is the fact its crammed onto the tiny screen and a lot of the options are severely limited.

I'm pretty happy with the way FM07 plays, so I wouldn't be to disappointed if it was pretty similar to that with a few modernising tweeks - I'm not really that interested in a 3D match engine.

Anyway that's my input, SI make it happen. Maybe I'll write to Jimmy Saville

A workaround i use to play fm on my ipad and iphone is I have a free remote access acount with logmein.com, and paid 30 dollars for their app called logmein ignition, and now I can play my fm which is running on my home computer, it actually works suprisingly well and I definetly get my fm fix when I cant sit down in front of my computer at home.

Archived