Does the AI ever bid for a player on ahuman controleld club?

Serious question....because I am in year 2021 in the Championship (coming up from BSS) and I have never had 1 bid for any of my players without using the offer to clubs method. Now I haven't had many superstars but I've obviously had a lot of good players to climb bottom to almost top but yet not even 1 bid!?!? What gives? It makes for a boring game because player movement is just so predictable in my squad now.

clubs are always making inquiries about the availability of my players. manchester city is always bidding for some of my more well known players, and real madrid won't shut up about wanting pato, so in short, yeah, they do make bids. maybe you just haven't been lucky

Sorry i should clarify I know when at the top level that the big clubs will always want the superstar players, but I am more asking about the lesser known players. I have never in 11 years at the lower level had 1 bid for a player of mine. It's crazy....my players sold in 11 years is 7 and I have forced all of them out.

Are your players internationals (youth or otherwise) by any chance? I think the reputation plays a part as well. If the players don't do well enough in domestic competitions, they may make a name for themselves on the international front. This gets them noticed and increases interest from better clubs.

I get constant offers for my youngsters, even when I slap a £20m asking price on them.

But the ai doesn't analyse players the way we do. It knows what it needs and goes after players it deems are available. Either because they are known to want a move or because the ai team can afford it.

If you're not getting offers either your players don't interest ai teams or they are not worth the money it would take to release them.

Previous FMs have drawn many complaints about too many offers for players.

What doesn't seem to happen often enough is lower rep clubs bidding for your fringe, back-up and reserve players. When a player publicly winges about wanting first team football, you'd think such clubs would be alerted.

I think thats because only the prem and some championships sides can afford to buy players. The rest of the teams have no money.

Players who arnt good enough to play for my teams only option is a lower leauge club and they can't afford to pay for players. Money is very tight if your not in the prem.

Serious question....because I am in year 2021 in the Championship (coming up from BSS) and I have never had 1 bid for any of my players without using the offer to clubs method. Now I haven't had many superstars but I've obviously had a lot of good players to climb bottom to almost top but yet not even 1 bid!?!? What gives? It makes for a boring game because player movement is just so predictable in my squad now.

Mate, I wish I were you!! I used to dreaded the transfer window coming around because the AI would always try to poach my players, with Man City, Real Madrid and Bordeux being the main culprits. Which would inevitably upset why whole squad since they all wanted to leave for higher reputation clubs! Fortunately my reputation has now has surpassed these clubs, and I no longer suffer from this problem.

Instead, now they want to leave because they want to win trophies... even though they 'are' already winning trophies at my club. (Prem and FA Cup double last season)

Muppets.

I get offers all the time, Man City seems to always want to steal one of my stars (they got Cech and Zhirkov) while Liverpool, OM, Bayern, and Real Madrid also go for my top players. I get a LOT of lesser teams (CH, L1, L2) going for my youth players. They usually ask for my good youths on loan while bidding on the youths I have little use of.

And when I transfer list or loan list players, as long as I'm asking for a reasonable sum, I get an influx of requests. I remember offering my 3rd string keeper (18, was backup to Cech and Delac, had a 3.5 star potential) for loan at $1 million initial, 30% wages, 6 months, and got over 40 clubs offering.

I got that. I'm Norwich in the championship now, and for the most part if i want to sell a player i have to force them out. Hughes and Holt were worth a large amount of money and i tried to sell them for far less than that 2 seasonns in a row but no offers have come in. Its soo annoying. Someone would want them, they're quality players on the cheap.

I think pretty much all the the players i've sold have to be offered to clubs.

What doesn't seem to happen often enough is lower rep clubs bidding for your fringe, back-up and reserve players. When a player publicly winges about wanting first team football, you'd think such clubs would be alerted.

I agree and this was the whole point of me starting this thread. Everyone knows that at the big clubs or even at the top division that you will get lots of offers for really good players. That's not what I'm talking about.

It's the lower rep clubs that this happens. I'm not sure if it is a problem or symbolic of real life. If I am in Legaue 2 for example, I will never get bids for any player, and the only way for me to rid myself of them is to not re-sign them or offer them to clubs. The funny thing is that as soon as you offer out to clubs everyone is all of sudden interested and starts bidding. Hello it's like you have to knock the AI on the side of the head to wake them up. Like I said....10 years and not 1 single bid from any AI manager for any players. And my team is good I have gone from BSS to the Championship so I obviously have the best players in the division I was in.

I agree and this was the whole point of me starting this thread. Everyone knows that at the big clubs or even at the top division that you will get lots of offers for really good players. That's not what I'm talking about.

It's the lower rep clubs that this happens. I'm not sure if it is a problem or symbolic of real life. If I am in Legaue 2 for example, I will never get bids for any player, and the only way for me to rid myself of them is to not re-sign them or offer them to clubs. The funny thing is that as soon as you offer out to clubs everyone is all of sudden interested and starts bidding. Hello it's like you have to knock the AI on the side of the head to wake them up. Like I said....10 years and not 1 single bid from any AI manager for any players. And my team is good I have gone from BSS to the Championship so I obviously have the best players in the division I was in.

I never attempted to get a PSV player until they offered 3 players over the course of 2 years (due to financial issues I assume). Signed all 3 of them.

I can sort of empathis with the poster of the first post. i very rarely get a an offer coming in for my players, unless i have both listed them and offered them out. i always put this down to my players being rubbish, but its interesting to see if there are other people.

omg... if you play in chile all your good players will get sold behind your back, for paltry amounts...

after losing my star striker AMC and CB in three weeks i quit. i wish there was a way you could issue the board with an ultimatum to let you have complete control over hiring/ firing players.

Just thought I'd highlight a similar issue here that's really bloody annoying. AI clubs will keep trying to unsettle your players prior to a transfer window, and even if they succeed in unsettling your player and you decide to sell him, they very very rarely make a bid when the transfer window opens and then suddenly loses interest near the end of the window. To get rid of the player, you have to offer him to the clubs and then you lose so much value in the sale price (if you reject their offer, the player will start crying even more and will want to be transfer listed).

It's so damn frustrating when this happens, typically in January... and even when the season ends, they still won't bid for the damn player they want. Also, it appears that they would not pay much for your important players, but when you want to buy a player off them, they over charge you. Stupid.

I never have a problem selling players unless they are useless - even then most of the time someone wants them. I play with a lot of leagues on though, so that may help. I also transfer list and offer out any unwanted players. This is at all levels, from tier 1 to 10 in England, or playing in Spain, Italy, Serbia, Northern Ireland or San Marino (the leagues I have managed in on FM10).

Ive noticed this too. Sure they bid occasionally for a 16 year old but i dont remember ever getting any bids for my established players. I get lots of media speculation and an occasional inquiry but no bids. This part of the game is much worse than in the previous versions.

I find the same thing. I play one of the top spanish clubs and I have a lot of players which would be "leading stars for Liga Adelante (tier 2) clubs". Why aren't these clubs interested in my players when they would obviously be a leading star for them? If I were a manager for one of those clubs that would be the kind of players I would try to attract. The ones which have reached their potential and are too old to be expected to improve much in the future, but still don't get much/any playing time with the club they are at. And especially when they start moaning about playing time and gets downhearted by it... There does seem to be a lot of interest when I "offer to clubs" however...

I feel sorry for 1 of my players. He has played fantastic for my championship team for the last 5 years, still only 22. For the past 2 years he has been unhappy and wants to move to a bigger club.

I don't know how to tell him no other clubs even know he exists. I keep telling him to wait and see if Kettering can match his ambitions because there isnt an option to tell him he'll have to wait for the next patch.

Ive got a GKer feeling the same but he has no chance. All the AI still have the same keepers they started with.

I can't get rid of my players even when offering them for free. No one is interested. And like Xinxin said, these guys would be incredible players in lower leagues.

I've managed to sell one player so far (just one season though), and that was Viduka for free.

Mate, I wish I were you!! I used to dreaded the transfer window coming around because the AI would always try to poach my players, with Man City, Real Madrid and Bordeux being the main culprits. Which would inevitably upset why whole squad since they all wanted to leave for higher reputation clubs! Fortunately my reputation has now has surpassed these clubs, and I no longer suffer from this problem.

Instead, now they want to leave because they want to win trophies... even though they 'are' already winning trophies at my club. (Prem and FA Cup double last season)

Muppets.

Same here with Notts County. Just won Champions League and Premiership and STILL most want to leave to win things. Except Nimeli-Tchuimeni who spent 6 years saying it, then wins something and decides he's achieved all he can at Notts! "I tell you what then Alex, F*ck off to Man City and finish 2nd to me then" :)

Nonsense, am sure at Notts he could still win the African Cup Of Nations, the Olympics, the Asian Cup, and eff the consequences, we'll aim for the grand national, X Factor and the boat race as well

Some people...

I've had a fair few offers for Andreas Beck and Miguel Veloso at Liverpool - I eventually caved to Sevilla with Beck (getting nearly twice what I paid), but I keep telling Bayern to get lost with Veloso. Other than that, I just keep having managers declaring interest in Agger and Reina.

In fm2010 I NEVER received a bid for a player

only when I proposed them...

and the worst thing it that:

even when a lot of teams are interested in my players (it appears on player's transfer screen), even then they NEVER bid...

Same for me managing Diss, the only offer i had was a loan offer for a youth palyer. I am now in the BSP and 2 players would be leading players for League 2, still i hadn't had a single offer. Maybe the problem is that clubs have ran out of transfermoney in League 2, even though most of them still have okay finances.

In my current first season as Bath City in the BSS, I had my first offer on a guy I took in during the pre-season. He was worth nothing, so that is what they offered ... but still, it was an offer.

He wasn't even transfer listed.

In my current first season as Bath City in the BSS, I had my first offer on a guy I took in during the pre-season. He was worth nothing, so that is what they offered ... but still, it was an offer.

He wasn't even transfer listed.

Your lucky the board didnt accept it, mine would have.

worked my way from BSS to championship and only ever had 1 bid for a player in that time. i rejected as is was a shocking offer lol. i have offered many players to clubs to get rid of them over the years and many have gone. have lost a lot of money this way tho as i have had 2 offer them at silly prices. 1 player i offered to clubs for free with a 10% of next transfer fee, guess what? all said no because my transfer demands were too high!!!!

Archived