Strikers missing bread and butter chances far too often

Playing on a network game, played about 20 games between us (2 users) and we've both seen our strikers go from chart topping striker to being utterly useless in front of goal.

I'm happy with the rest of the match engine changes but strikers seem to miss so may 1 on 1 chances now it's becoming silly.

My mate just lost 1-0 to QPR having had 28 shots on goal with 8 being clea cut, I drew 1-1 with WBA, scoring a 30 yard FK but missing 8 clear cut chances.

Yes strikers scored too many goals on 10.1 but it seems to have swung massively in the other direction so far.

There are way too many one on one misses .. players like Cardozo and Saviola missing 4 or 5 of those a game IS ridiculous.

I agree the 1 on 1's need working on but i think they will be for next patch personally i think keepers are alot better

100% agree with the OP. Started a thread saying exactly the same last night.

26 shots, 8 clear cut and 0 goals. You miss the occassional sitter but I've never seen somebody miss 9 one on ones in 2 matches. One on ones are too frequent, just put a right footer on the left wing and tell him to cut inside and through balls often.

Shame nobody can finish them.

I love how there is no pleasing people.

SI must be so frustrated...

Everyone moaned about longshots, and how too many goals are being scored in the last patch.

SI sort this out, and now your complaining that you aren't scoring?!

Do you want them to release a patch called 10.3.easy.1, where you strikers score every chance given to them and score 60+ a season and win countless trophies!

I am having Tommy Smith for god sake score 1 on 1s, and a few inside the box shots on 10.2.

Now if he can do it, I am pretty sure that Defoe and co. can!

Misses happen in real life, why the hell can't they happen on FM?

I still scored long shoot, even my SB scored their first every goal by long shoot, after 10.2. But obviously my strikers missed a lot "clear cut chance" now. They convert "clear cut chance" to "goal" at ratio 33:20, in 10games, to me in 10.2. Keeper react well in 10.2. Not too bad so far for me.

Tyoldinho:

Personally, I never found my top strikers scoring 60 a season, 30 at most.

Now, in th CCC I've not scored a one on one in 7 games. It's not superhuman saves, its the striker hitting them straight at the keeper. I've now tried this with Man Utd, Wolves, Reading and Barca, the results are always the same from what I've sen.

• SI Staff

We actually worked quite hard on improving player decision making when through on goal.

But at the same time we worked hard on improving keepers.

We'll assess feedback over the coming weeks and decide if things need tweaking further for 10.3.

Tyoldinho, there is a way to please people. Have the right number of long shot goals and the right number of in-tight goals from the forwards.

How is that you feel it is OK that to fix the long shot goals and the strikers scoring too much they just shift the problem to a different area? Now we got super goalies and strikers who couldn't hit the broad side of a barn from 5 yards away. I swear my best player just missed 5 better than clear cut chances in my last game. He scored twice.....but his misses were laughable. I was seriously laughing when the match was on. I'm not saying he should get 7 goals.....all I am saying is the ME should accurately depit the game of football. Sorry for asking a football sim to sim the game properly. What were we thinking?

I see everyone talk about strikers missing one-on-one's, in patch 10.2 I've only seen a very small amount of one-on-one misses, mainly by my player who has a "weak" left foot when chances have fallen that side for him.

In fact, just kicked off in a matcl, within 18 mins, I have 3 1-on-1's. 3 goals

I see everyone talk about strikers missing one-on-one's, in patch 10.2 I've only seen a very small amount of one-on-one misses, mainly by my player who has a "weak" left foot when chances have fallen that side for him.

I had very similar result. I play 442. Two of my strikers have similar goal record in 10.1. After patched to 10.2, the two footed one scored as usual, SOT 67%, 1.47goals/every 90mins. The one foot striker SOT at 71% but 0.11goal/ every 90mins !!!

Tottenham - defoe, keane, modric

This didnt happen in the first patch

Keane is more than capable of blazing it from 6 yards, on any patch. JD is also a streaky striker who will score loads then go 8-10 games without anything hitting the target on 10.1. Modric also isn't the greatest finisher on 10.1. So yes it did happen in the 1st patch.

Keane is more than capable of blazing it from 6 yards, on any patch. JD is also a streaky striker who will score loads then go 8-10 games without anything hitting the target on 10.1. Modric also isn't the greatest finisher on 10.1. So yes it did happen in the 1st patch.

Not to the same extent, though. I found the one-on-one scoring ratio pretty realistic then; it was the long shots that needed work. Now it seems to have shifted. It's just a question of finding the right balance. Most of us post on threads like this to alert SI to problems with the game, not simply to complain or argue.

Not to the same extent, though. I found the one-on-one scoring ratio pretty realistic then; it was the long shots that needed work. Now it seems to have shifted. It's just a question of finding the right balance. Most of us post on threads like this to alert SI to problems with the game, not simply to complain or argue.

just stating what I found to be the case.

Yeah, fair enough. Like I said earlier, there is a noticeable difference now in my game. Whether it's something else that now needs tweaking following the patch, I have no idea - all I know is that before, my forwards and midfielders were putting away good chances at what I considered a more believable rate.

Archived