Is fm this year easier?

I find it easier in the sense that I can actually get me side to play exactly as i want them to. I've always dreamed of playing my alltime favourite FM/CM formation 4-3-1-2 in the correct way, with forwards who go into the channels in the correct way without me having to instruct them to cross often. Now I can do exactly that with the new wide play instructions.

I love the game!!!!!

it really depends on who youre managing i suppose. although, straight out of the box, ive managed to stay at liverpool until 2021, which i would never have managed in previous versions until i'd got used to the game. Having a bash at rancer's asian adventure challenge in Hong Kong, so i suppose we'll see if it is easy, or not....

Guest El Payaso

It is. Far too easy also. You can create a working tactic in a minute with the new system and you can be succesful with really bad team. You don't have to have a good striker because anyone can score.

I think it's about the same. I like how hard the game is; it is easy enough for me to win lots of trophies and nearly always be a success, but not too easy that I win every trophy, or every game, by a long stretch.

I think the 'difficulty' level in EVERY FM game made has always been right, I applaud SI for this.

I wish it was.
I think it's about the same. I like how hard the game is; it is easy enough for me to win lots of trophies and nearly always be a success, but not too easy that I win every trophy, or every game, by a long stretch.

I think the 'difficulty' level in EVERY FM game made has always been right, I applaud SI for this.

I also echo this centemant as well.

IMO the game still has a few issues, most of which SI have stated they are aware of so I wont go into those.

Is the game easier than previous versions? IMO no.

Is the game easy? IMO yes, it always has been.

However, having said that, you can make this game as difficult as you want it to be with all the settings and options open to you which is great.

Set your rep low, take on a struggling team with no financec, do a forum challenge, manage in an obscure low rep league, ETC.

Overall, there is one thing that makes this game easy for me above all other things and that is the ability to buy players and spread payment over 48 months. Its possible to spend over 100mil in your first season with teams that have very average tranfer funds.

Tone this down a bit and the game will be much harder. There should be a penalty from using this option built into the game.

Also the AI is good in FM but I think something needs to be done so that young players develop with AI run clubs faster. This gives us better opposition and makes them more expensive to buy. Young players develop much faster with human managers than they do if you don't buy them, or at least thats what Ive experienced.

Also. I think all players should be given a fixed CA as they are now, but PA should be randomly generated for all players each game. In other words, they should all be -8, -9, -10 ETC. That would make scouting much more important/harder and would give larger diversity between saves.

All in all though, I think FM is developing well. They cant add/fix everything all at once.

I think it's easier. The tactics are easier to handle and the career games are also easier I think. I have in my 9-10 seasons managed FC København, HSV, Bolton, Atl. Madrid, Man Utd, Napoli, Liverpool and Arsenal. Not very realistic imo :D

I asked my mate the same question just this morning! I haven't managed a poor team yet though which is always the true test. I jumped right in with a Liverpool game and I won the league and FA Cup double in the first season and only brought in Ruud VN on loan and Jonjo Shelvey for 1.5m and sold no-one of note.

So yes, I would say it's either easier or Liverpool are just massively over-rated thanks to their fluke 2nd place finish last year.

I'd say it's a good difficulty level right up to the point when suddenly everything stops working and you find yourself in a deasth spiral. If anything the good times may be slightly too easy for a casual player (I don't have the time I had back in the CM97/98 days sadly), but suddenly the game will kick you in the head and leave you in a hole that's almost impossible to climb out of with morale and form in the toilet. On this basis I've joined the 'Waiting for 10.2.0' Brigade.

What's happened is that FM10 is different to FM09 (yes, obviously :D). Where a lot of people couldn't quite get to grips with last year's game, they (me included) are able to understand FM10 a lot better. It may seem easier to some, but I'd put that down to the game being easier to understand this year. Does that make sense?

What's happened is that FM10 is different to FM09 (yes, obviously ). Where a lot of people couldn't quite get to grips with last year's game, they (me included) are able to understand FM10 a lot better. It may seem easier to some, but I'd put that down to the game being easier to understand this year. Does that make sense?

Yep...i definitely agree with that...mainly because of the tactics...and i makes it funner overall

What's happened is that FM10 is different to FM09 (yes, obviously :D). Where a lot of people couldn't quite get to grips with last year's game, they (me included) are able to understand FM10 a lot better. It may seem easier to some, but I'd put that down to the game being easier to understand this year. Does that make sense?

Completely agree with this. That said, this is the first game since maybe 00/01 or 01/02 that I haven't won the league with Arsenal in the first season - this time I won it in season 2, but only on goal difference.

Personally I've found it harder, but then Newcastle have never started in the Championship before with so many rubbish players :(

Poor tactics! ;) I did a save with Newcastle and won the Championship title in first season by about 15 points! And that was with selling most of the best players+high earners, only really keeping Harper, Taylor, Ameobi, and Nolan and Barton because no-one came in for them two.

Guest El Payaso
No, quite much harder, especially the tactics bit.
How can the tactical side be harder when it takes one minute to make a working tactic? I can't understand why they made this creator, it takes off the only challenge the game has had in last two years... Never used it though and never will.

In FM08 you had to tweak your tactics between away and home games. In 09 and 10 you can play with one single tactic untill it's cracked. The AI always plays in same style, the bigger teams are easier to beat than smaller ones though.

Archived