Which CM/FM were they good in?

Does anybody remember Anthony Yeboah? He was still in Leeds when CM1 or was it 2 was out. Bloody amazing striker in that CM. Cantona was in it too. Micheal Owen in CM2 was so blimey super. But coming to FM, he turned less than before.

Who do you think was a great player in the earlier CM/FM, who now suck in 08? and for what reason do you think this may be the case?

Does anybody remember Anthony Yeboah? He was still in Leeds when CM1 or was it 2 was out. Bloody amazing striker in that CM. Cantona was in it too. Micheal Owen in CM2 was so blimey super. But coming to FM, he turned less than before.

Who do you think was a great player in the earlier CM/FM, who now suck in 08? and for what reason do you think this may be the case?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Kim Kallstrom should have developed into a better player </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He is a full Swedish Internation, hardly bad.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Maviarab:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Kim Kallstrom should have developed into a better player </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He is a full Swedish Internation, hardly bad. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not hard is it

With his CM stats he should be winning Champion League medals and playing in a better league than the French League

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by joeyt:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Maviarab:

He is a full Swedish Internation, hardly bad. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not hard is it

With his CM stats he should be winning Champion League medals and playing in a better league than the French League </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree to that mate. icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Not hard is it

With his CM stats he should be winning Champion League medals and playing in a better league than the French League </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And you think you would be/could be better do you? Pathetic. And as smoggster said, the french league is hardly bad, rated quite highly in fact with some very good teams.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Not hard is it

And you think you would be/could be better do you? Pathetic. And as smoggster said, the french league is hardly bad, rated quite highly in fact with some very good teams. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I never said that I could do better. Yes the French League is rated quite highly but not as high as the EPL, Serie A or Spanish league.

Tell me, who has won the French League for the past 5 years? (Not very competitive is it?)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Cherno Samba used to rule. No idea who he plays for now. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

According to this site his last club was Plymouth but he is currently a free agent.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">And you think you would be/could be better do you? Pathetic. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Really don't think he was suggesting that a) he could do better or b) that Kallstrom has underachieved irl. If anything, he meant that if you took the FM version of Kallstrom, and created a player irl with those stats, he would be a world beater.

My shout would have to go out to Andre Sigporrson, who lit my world back in the days of 01/02. An Icelandic striker who played in Sweden (possibly for Malmo), you could pick him up for around 350k and he would get you 30+ a season in the EPL. Genius, he was.

Doubt he even plays anymore.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by trekman:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Cherno Samba used to rule. No idea who he plays for now. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

According to this site his last club was Plymouth but he is currently a free agent. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wikipedia, always there when you need info! He used to be class though, shame he hasn't fulfilled it

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Norville Rodgers:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">And you think you would be/could be better do you? Pathetic. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Really don't think he was suggesting that a) he could do better or b) that Kallstrom has underachieved irl. If anything, he meant that if you took the FM version of Kallstrom, and created a player irl with those stats, he would be a world beater.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon14.gif

Some people need to chill on these forums

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">French League for the past 5 years? (Not very competitive is it?) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Neither is the EPL when you compare it like that. Exactly what is your point? Kallstrom is still a top rated player that would grace most EPL teams if he chose to play over here, and to class Sweden (not hard is it) in the same likeness as say MAcedonia is daft. Sweden are a good team also, and to be a regular in the National Squad means your not bad.

So going back, Kallstrom is a good player, just because he never moved to the EPL makes him seem like he wasted his potential in some way? The EPL isnt the be all and end all of world football.

If there was ever a player I would agree with you on your points it would be Kennedy Bakircioglu, also amazing stats but he really did fail to live up to his CM potential.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">French League for the past 5 years? (Not very competitive is it?) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Neither is the EPL when you compare it like that. Exactly what is your point? Kallstrom is still a top rated player that would grace most EPL teams if he chose to play over here, and to class Sweden (not hard is it) in the same likeness as say MAcedonia is daft. Sweden are a good team also, and to be a regular in the National Squad means your not bad.

So going back, Kallstrom is a good player, just because he never moved to the EPL makes him seem like he wasted his potential in some way? The EPL isnt the be all and end all of world football.

If there was ever a player I would agree with you on your points it would be Kennedy Bakircioglu, also amazing stats but he really did fail to live up to his CM potential. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

When did I ever say anything about Macedonia and he wouldn't be very good for an EPL team. All I said was that he should be playing for an EPL team or in a league of equal quality and I would be happy to see him over here in England ripping the EPL apart.

Calm Down!!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JackSparrow:

Anyone remember Viktor Leonenko? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A true great! icon_biggrin.gif

I remember playing my mate on a hotseat game, way back when, that arguments would arise as we both wanted to sign him. Me being Man Utd, him Liverpool. Invariably he would come to United, so my mate spent most of these games sulking, especially when good old Viktor banged a hat-trick past his side. icon_wink.gif

If there was ever a player I would agree with you on your points it would be Kennedy Bakircioglu, also amazing stats but he really did fail to live up to his CM potential. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i think some people get a lump in thier trousers when they argue over the internet

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by turn it upto 11:

i think some people get a lump in thier trousers when they argue over the internet </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agreed

Ahhh now To Madeira, what a class act, irl I've never even heard of him! Shefki Kuqi however, legend in 01-02, and became legendary for that bellydive goal celebration, wonder what his flair attribute was back then. I'm awaiting the commentary line "he's overjoyed with that one" or "now thats how you celebrate a goal"

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Benjao Harding:

Ahhh now To Madeira, what a class act, irl I've never even heard of him! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He wasnt actually a real player if i remember right

alexander farnerud! pontus brother. he used to be class real top player used to score like 40 headers a season, even tho in real life he last played for strasborg in france. fabio silva and fabio paim used to have rubbish stats but 20 dribbling so i used to play them when they were 15/16 and they would get man of the match every week! for man u! all this in cm 00/01 season. rudy carlier used to be the dogs. anderson, in cm 00/01 when he was 16 at gremio. all class

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jkae:

alexander farnerud! pontus brother. he used to be class real top player used to score like 40 headers a season, even tho in real life he last played for strasborg in france. fabio silva and fabio paim used to have rubbish stats but 20 dribbling so i used to play them when they were 15/16 and they would get man of the match every week! for man u! all this in cm 00/01 season. rudy carlier used to be the dogs. anderson, in cm 00/01 when he was 16 at gremio. all class </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Farnerud: class

Shane Tolley and Justin Georcelin, two awesome strikers on CM01-02. The were 17 and 15 years old and I would sign them in the Conference and play them, week in week out, for every season.

They don't play anymore. I saw a report saying one was in jail for drug dealing and one works at MacDonalds.

(FM THE FIRST ONE ON PC NOT CM)MY AJAX TEAM;

GK : VINCENT ENEYMA

DR : VANDEN BORRE

DL : FABIO SANTOS

DC : VINCENT KOMPANY

DC : DE JONG

MR : WESLEY SNIEDJER

ML : RAFAEL VAN DER VAART

MC : FREDDY GUARIN

MC : DIEGO

FC : DWIGHT PEZZORSSI

FC : FREDDY ADU

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by amack1n:

Shane Tolley and Justin Georcelin, two awesome strikers on CM01-02. The were 17 and 15 years old and I would sign them in the Conference and play them, week in week out, for every season.

They don't play anymore. I saw a report saying one was in jail for drug dealing and one works at MacDonalds. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

SHANE TOLLEY PLAYS FOR TRURO CITY IN CORNWALL WHO WON THE FA VASE LAST SEASON! HE'S PLAYED AT WEMBLY AT LAST!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by heathxxx:

Anyone ever remember Marc Collis in the original CM from Cambridge United?

He was one of two or three "gods" on the game. If you managed to sign them, you were pretty much guaranteed success. icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Two. Marc Collis was an AMC with a value of 3.3million who you could buy for that. His partner in "fake player" crime was Ferrah Orosco a DRC (Jamaican?) with a value of about 2.7million.

And that's from memory lol.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by amack1n:

They don't play anymore. I saw a report saying one was in jail for drug dealing and one works at MacDonalds. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

HERES A LINK TO TOLLEYS PAGE AT TRURO

http://www.trurocityfc.co.uk/TeamSquad.aspx?PageID=406&TeamID=1

Archived