Why are my player dumb?

Evidence of stupidity:

Players kicking the ball at each other.

Players kicking the ball out for a corner or throw under no pressure.

Players kicking the ball out for a corner from halfway.

Defenders running towards the oppositions goal when the ball is being played over their heads and the opposing strikers has made a run at their own goal.

Evidence of stupidity:

Defenders running towards the oppositions goal when the ball is being played over their heads and the opposing strikers has made a run at their own goal.

What club are you manage now? Big reputation club or a lower club. If you manage a lower one try rigid phylosiphy(sorry if i spell wrong) in your tactic.

Just from my oponion. Maybe others will help you with better suggestion.

Premier league club.

Ref not too intelligent either, booking players within 22seconds of match.

Also, I just witnessed an attacking mid, play a threw ball for a striker. Striker stood still, in the end the attacking mid had to chase after his own pass, but was ultimately too slow even though the striker was closer to the ball.

Another thing that bugs me that has been in the game for years is that strikers often "nod the ball on forward" to no one, instead of heading it back to a teammate. This happens almost everytime a high ball is played to a striker it seems. I usually play with 1 striker, and don't set him as target man.

Also, why is part of the extended highlights of a match watching the physios/ and or the injured play walk the entire width of a the pitch?

Another extremely annoying thing, I agree. Also been in the game engine for at least 1 year, maybe more? Poor game design..

Im suffering from the same problem in my game, also it 's frustrating when you have to wait ages for a player to retrieve the ball only for the opposition to make a substitution and the TV view dissapear!

Maybe they could implement a "common sense" slider for players in a new patch or new version!

Im suffering from the same problem in my game, also it 's frustrating when you have to wait ages for a player to retrieve the ball only for the opposition to make a substitution and the TV view dissapear!

Maybe they could implement a "common sense" slider for players in a new patch or new version!

Waiting for the player to get the ball in the right position for a set-piece is something that annoys me, especially, when I make some tactical change or substitution they take ages to get the ball in the right place, and then you mostly never see them kicking the ball.

Another thing that needs a fix is closing down, still. When a striker runs towards the goal the defender should try to tackle him more or at least push him a little to make him lose stability when kicking.. it's disheartening seeing the striker kicking the ball totally free.

Evidence of stupidity:

Yeah i get all this with my arsenal and newport saves. what a disgrace

Yeah i get all this with my arsenal and newport saves. what a disgrace

how is it a 'disgrace'?

you'll find most of these things have an explanation and/or happen in real life from time to time...

running opposite direction to the striker when a ball is played over the top could be trying to play offside and failing.

kicking the ball at eachother is obviously an accident which can easily happen

kicking the ball out for a corner under no pressure could be down to low composure but of the things mentioned this one does frustrate me a little.

If you all find the game as annoying as you make out, don't play it.

p.s. its your tactics.

how is it a 'disgrace'?

you'll find most of these things have an explanation and/or happen in real life from time to time...

running opposite direction to the striker when a ball is played over the top could be trying to play offside and failing.

kicking the ball out for a corner under no pressure could be down to low composure but of the things mentioned this one does frustrate me a little.

p.s. its your tactics.

I wouldn't say it's a disgrace, very frustrating/annoying yes, but my opinion is it's the way the ME simulates various actions of a tactic. Not quite as flowing as it should be, and yes to see a player run away and spin round from an advancing attacker then run parralell at a distance of 5 feet away is annoying! But again I think it's the way the ME simulates such action.

how is it a 'disgrace'?

p.s. its your tactics.

Mate I love the game but this is a bad part of it. I mean I play with arsenal and im doing trebles etc so my tactics is it? haha. What an idiot. When cesc fabregas has the ball on the halfway line for me and kicks it out for a corner does that happen in rl?

well there is a lot of advanced programming in the match engine so i imagine there will be quite a few errors. very hard to get things complicated spot on with 2 attemts id say in a couple years time when they have learnt there mistakes the match engine will be perfect,in the meantime give them credit they have done an excellent job i think there isnt as many bugs as i thought there would be

My defenders are playing like idiots... I'm with Man Utd and every defender is just letting more or less every through ball go past them, they react at least a second later than everyone else. In previous games it was my forwards that were idiots, wasting chances left right and center and to a certain degree its still true, if rooney shoots over the bar again i might kill myself, its silly things like ball watching, passing to opposition and the aformentioned reaction times... we're talking about Rio and Vidic here, two of the best defenders in the world... doesn't make much sense to me.

It's the animations in the game. They are horrible.

The games calculates a score and events of a game, and does a fine job of that but it is the way it shows them to you that sucks. It makes your players look like complete fools. I laugh when you see a world class defender spinning around like an idiot apparently having no idea where the ball or the opposition is while it goes in the net. It is all just bad animations.....

It does this with mine too.. Defenders run the opposite way to where the other player with the ball is running. (Its as if hes scared of him)

The defenders kick the ball out of play when not under pressure.

Attackers run towards corner flag when they are clean through..

The list can carry on I just cant be assed to name them..

This is why we should use constructive criticism to point out issues with the ME, im still playing the game as I find it the best layed-out game so far. But if you were to believe everything you see on the screen as regards the simulation of a match you would go insane!

And another issue that has always bugged me,

I make a substitution or tactical change, the ball goes out of play, the opposition is allowed to make a substitution but I have to wait for the next time play is stopped.

Sports Interactive say they "polished" the game this year, but why are their parts that are now worse when they were in FM 2009 9.3?

how is it a 'disgrace'?

p.s. its your tactics.

You are quite right, they do happen from time to time in games, even at the top of the Premier league. However when it happens constantly you can't say because it happens "from time to time".

And another issue that has always bugged me,

I make a substitution or tactical change, the ball goes out of play, the opposition is allowed to make a substitution but I have to wait for the next time play is stopped.

Sports Interactive say they "polished" the game this year, but why are their parts that are now worse when they were in FM 2009 9.3?

Every year Roy from BGS breaks into SI Towers and sabotages the match engine (actually, he think's he's improving it, but he's not very good). This causes the match engine to get mysteriously worse with the new incarnations of the game, though the patches improve it.

my best one is - the opposition cross the ball, it hits my attacking midfielder on the way who accidentally knocks the ball toward the goal when my defender was trying to clear, so the ball dabbles at half a mile per hour towards the goal, my goalkeeper (stephan ruffier from monaco) stands and watches the ball roll into the net, even though it was like a quarter of a metre away from him and he could incredibly easily have kicked it away

Archived