buy a superstar at only 1k!!!

step1. show your interest in a player

step2. the player flattered by your interest(if not, u cant use this bug)

step3. make a offer that equals to his value

step4. the club accepts your offer(seldom refuses)

step5. withdraw your offer(this is the key step)

step6. make a new offer, as low as u want, e.g. 1k

step7. the club still accpets!!! Offer contract

step8. Done! now you've spent 1k and got a superstar!

well, this does not work every time. it works at most times though. hope to be fixed soon.

it works with both fm09 & fm10

why would you want to do this?

To save money?

Remember some people dont want a proper challenge and just want to see their team win everything the easy way

Yea, boring I know, but we all have the game for different reasons

I remember something similiar with FM05 (I think?) whereby you offer their asking price to which they accept. At the contract negotiation page, you could withdraw and simply make a new offer considerably lower than the previous. Usually you could get away with £0 and you would go back into negotiations with the player automatically.

I haven't seen this particular technique since then - I've tried it myself on a few players and it doesn't work (with the patch). It never worked in FM09 as far as I can recall, so I question the validity of the original post.

Yup

In those days, you could also shortlist some aging superstars and when they retire, 17 year old new gens with their attributes would appear on your shortlist!

the shortlist one doesnt work anymore as the system was changed. back in those days regens would have the exact same CA/PA as a retired player to keep the game balanced. now the system is different as you have probably heard about the complaining about regen quality.

You could do it in CM03/04 - offer a ridiculous amount for the player, so they'd accept. then on the offer contract screen, withdraw the bid, make offer of £0, then click back to the offer contract screen and offer. he'd accept and you'd get him for £0.

Also, loan future fees of £0 were nearly always accepted that year.

I've tried here and it doesnt work. Could you give the name of the player and the team you are managing so I can try to reproduce this please

try R.Madrid

go for ACmilan's Pato, Arsenal's Fabregas, Inter's Maicon, Bayern's Ribery, ManUtd's Vidic,,etc..

its a cheat, why would you bother doing it. totally makes the game unrealistic

might as well just edit the game to make all the superstars in one team

Well, someone with a bit of common sense might realise that he was making it aware to SI so they can fix it in a future patch, although that seems to be shortening in supply at the moment.

Well, someone with a bit of common sense might realise that he was making it aware to SI so they can fix it in a future patch, although that seems to be shortening in supply at the moment.

Someone with a bit of common sense might post this in the bugs forum?

it was originally on championship manager 00/01 i think or maybe one before. the days of Cherno Samba as a 15 year old. also to get loads for your players when a team tried signing one of your players you could negotiate and put a fee of like 100 million after one international cap and team would go through with it everytime.

doesnt work, the best cheat was on cm6 on the ps2, you could loan a player in, move them to your youth team and then you could 'approach to sign' them, you could literally get any player for free if the club would loan them too you, was fun sometimes but things like that is what stopped me playing cm!

So many people on this thread completely misinterpreting what the OP is saying. Quite funny :D

Unfortunately you get people who jump on the "Cheat" accusation very quickly. In some way I guess they see themselves as being 100% honest and want to try to make themselves look big by running someone down.....foolish really if they dont read the OP or fully understand the reason for the post.

fwiw, I've tried this a few times on an old save but it's not working. Tried to sign Emiliano Insúa after declaring interest, he was flattered and wanted to impress me, I made a bid to his value which was promptly rejected. So I bid £10M, £20M and £30M - all were rejected and finally Liverpool said they will settle for a deal STARTING at £56Million! They also wanted a 25% sell-on clause :eek::D

Also tried to sign Van Persie and Vidic but their respective clubs laughed at me. :(

well, it doesnt work for me. the loophole which some ppl use is in FM08. you can make a bid with 1k in cash, plus alot of money for international appearances. then you got ur star, sold him before he finish his 50th app.

you can play this in single game, but when play Multi, ppl will kick u out, play ur self wif boring AI :)

in FM10, i want to buy veloso, make offer for £13M, accepted. withdraw, make offer again @£12.5M, rejected. (of course made interaction wif veloso already). clubs never sell super star at estimated value mate :)

Why do all wierd things happen on a chinese version of the game. Coz it's probably a cracked version full of bugs not in the official version.

not need to crack game, just do some Chinese localization job and patching, all the game can be chinese version, this is not the key, the key is that it is a real bug

Unfortunately you get people who jump on the "Cheat" accusation very quickly. In some way I guess they see themselves as being 100% honest and want to try to make themselves look big by running someone down.....foolish really if they dont read the OP or fully understand the reason for the post.

--------------------

How's the view on your high horse? Pathetic.

CM 97/98 (should we be calling it FM?)

Bid an extreme amount for a player and it would be accepted, go back, withdraw and re-bid or renegotiate for as low as you want and the bid was accepted.

Used it out of desperation once or twice!

the shortlist one doesnt work anymore as the system was changed. back in those days regens would have the exact same CA/PA as a retired player to keep the game balanced. now the system is different as you have probably heard about the complaining about regen quality.
Yup

In those days, you could also shortlist some aging superstars and when they retire, 17 year old new gens with their attributes would appear on your shortlist!

Only problem was that the old players had 1 in pace and acc. so all new had the same :D You could have a very slow team of young stars. Every time I read about the old days I always think of the magic 2-3-5 tactic in CM Italia :D Never worked since lol

Archived