Careers forum Poll

Have you heard of the all new careers forum?  

152 members have voted

1. 1. Have you heard of the all new careers forum?

• Yes I have heard of the careers forum and I am a regular poster
    • I have heard of it but have not taken a look yet.
    • I have heard of it but i am not interested.
    • Careers Forum? Where is that?

Then maybe you should take a look ;)

Thanks, I just checked out hamiltons FC United thread on there, was good for a hoot :D

On a serious note, it has left me with a predicament, do I keep posting my Aberdeen career in the Aberdeen FC thread in GPTG when I get to the end of my 2nd season, or do I switch allegiance and start posting in the brand spanking new Career forum? Decisions, decisions.

Thanks, I just checked out hamiltons FC United thread on there, was good for a hoot :D

On a serious note, it has left me with a predicament, do I keep posting my Aberdeen career in the Aberdeen FC thread in GPTG when I get to the end of my 2nd season, or do I switch allegiance and start posting in the brand spanking new Career forum? Decisions, decisions.

You can post in both. :)

I like reading Neppo's updates, but the rest generally strike me as either a) people posting there in the hope that they'll get more views/posts than in FMS or b) uninteresting.

Judging by the ones I've read most wouldn't qualify to be acceptable in FMS.

I like reading Neppo's updates, but the rest generally strike me as either a) people posting there in the hope that they'll get more views/posts than in FMS or b) uninteresting.
Judging by the ones I've read most wouldn't qualify to be acceptable in FMS.

Exactly. That was the point of creating a forum like this. There was no where for the average FMer to post. IMO, a place like the career forum was desperatley needed and i'm really happy that SI and the moderators have seen this need and catered for it.

Personally, i find reading people's career's very interesting and am enjoying the forum.

So, you won't be carrying on your thread in there?

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=135598

What, you mean the thread I created the day the forum was created and haven't been near since? I would have thought the fact I haven't updated it in almost a month would have given you some indication, but just for you; no, no I won't be updating it.

It seemed good at the time, threads such as AcidBurn's peaked my interest, but after that I realised that it was just a forum for post boosts, views and back slapping. A good few of the stories, with a little bit of work, would be acceeptable for FMS and imo the only reason people don't use FMS is because you aren't going to be told you're fanatstic after every post and get thousands of views.

Kudos on seeking clarification for my choice and nobody elses btw. Is it just negative posts that have to explain themselves? If you don't mind me asking.

What, you mean the thread I created the day the forum was created and haven't been near since? I would have thought the fact I haven't updated it in almost a month would have given you some indication, but just for you; no, no I won't be updating it.

It seemed good at the time, threads such as AcidBurn's peaked my interest, but after that I realised that it was just a forum for post boosts, views and back slapping. A good few of the stories, with a little bit of work, would be acceeptable for FMS and imo the only reason people don't use FMS is because you aren't going to be told you're fanatstic after every post and get thousands of views.

Kudos on seeking clarification for my choice and nobody elses btw. Is it just negative posts that have to explain themselves? If you don't mind me asking.

Whoa whoa whoa. Was there any need for that kind of response? Your thread hasn't been closed so i was merely asking if you were continuing with it. No need to get on your high horse. A simple no would've sufficed.

As for the forum being a place just for post boosts, views and back slapping, that is your opinion and you're entitled to that...but in my opinion, that's no where near what the forum is about. In my opinion, only a hand full would've been acceptable for FMS...the other's...where would they be placed? The only place for them is a place like the career's forum.

As you said, there is no need for post boosts so that is why i didn't ask in your thread if it was still open or not. I saw your response in this thread and saw it as an opportunity to ask...to save 'needlessly bumping up your thread'.

Really, there is no need to respond in the way you did. Kudos though for jumping down my throat. :thup:

It was a response and that's that. If you felt it was unnecessary then that's your opinion, I disagree. I'm not going to argue with you about it, that would be pointless, but your response, to a forceful rather than rude post, is pretty soft tbh.

It was an uneccessary response and that is clear for everyone to see, including yourself. Like you say, i'm not going to argue with you about, it would be pointless. But in future i'd suggest not taking people's posts out of context.

End of.

Back on topic now for the next poster...

It was an uneccessary response and that is clear for everyone to see, including yourself. Like you say, i'm not going to argue with you about, it would be pointless. But in future i'd suggest not taking people's posts out of context.

The irony.

Look, i've raised concerns about your story and what some consider, your forum, I make no apology for that, but it's not personal. My point was about the forum, not you. It doesn't help when you get threads in GD advertising the Careers forum, from a user that went on and on about getting 1000+ views, tbh it only serves to back up my opinion that it's an ego boosting forum.

The irony.

Erm, ok.

Now, back on topic please.

Feedback is always welcome, positive and negative. It is by no means 'my forum' as you say. Merely a place i and many others wanted. I wasn't taking it personally, until your last comment which I felt was inappropriate and taken out of context.

But, i suppose we'll have to agree to disagree there and avoid any more discussion on the matter before this thread becomes off topic and closed.

On topic, do you not think threads like this give the place a bad image? I'm not being rude, not being mean, but it does feel like a cry for more views and that jsut turns me off even more.

Definitely. Some posters are only interested in post and view counts, but in my humble opinion, that's not what the majority of posters in there are about. The majority of people in there post to talk about their game (Acid Burn/Nep) without an ulterior motive (i.e. post bumping) To see people achieving things like Nep has achieved is something i wouldn't of believed until i saw it. I find posts like that a great read as with many others threads in there, who without the career's forum, i would've never have got to read.

That popularity is partly down to duplication of threads and General Discussion being the natural port of call for new members (and not always the correct one, which again adds to the impression of popularity). I reckon most people are aware of the sub forums, but they just prefer not to bother with them, unless they need something. They are human beings after all ;)

At no point did I infer that the people creating the career update were post boosting, when on topic. You've misinterpreted what I said. The careers forum, as a whole, is not just post boosting, however, imo a number of users use it to post/ego boost. :thup:

I'm just saying you know you brought it up. Personally I can think of one bad example but that is it.

Like I say, I brought it up three days ago, in a conversation with Raware. If you and hursty2 want to raise it again, then so be it, but I don't feel the need to justify my opinion, for the sake of a conversation that has already been had.

Archived