Cheat?

In set pieces if you have a descent corner taker 13+ and let him aim for 6 yard box>

bild1suk.png

And you let one or two of your big guys Challenge keeper

bild3p.png

They will score +10 goals

56594063.png

stil 6 games left.

It is a cheat, you can tell the people who use it because they try to pretend its not and sugarcoat it lol

I don't think you can really call it a cheat since it is a perfectly logical tactic. The fact that it is far too effective is due to a deficiency in the match engine, I'd describe that as an exploit. Some people choose to exploit it, some don't.

If you had discovered it before reading about it on these forums would you stop using it when you realised how effective it was?

i think its more good tactics than a cheat, perhaps it works out in the attacking favour a bit too often, but it isnt a cheat.

it's not good tactics, it's a flaw in the match engine. a manager in real life wouldn't be able to achieve this.

Considering SI forgot to get rid of it from FM08, don't bet on it.

I think the official line was they couldn't get rid of it (only reduce its effect) because it would cause the game to become unbalanced or something along those lines. Which begs the question why don't they remove the challenge keeper button altogether if they couldn't get it to work properly...

I don't think you can really call it a cheat since it is a perfectly logical tactic. The fact that it is far too effective is due to a deficiency in the match engine, I'd describe that as an exploit. Some people choose to exploit it, some don't.

If you had discovered it before reading about it on these forums would you stop using it when you realised how effective it was?

what he said :thup:

It's a perfectly realistic approach to taking corners with a much less realistic effciency on the game.

I use this tactics and I've noticed that AI does that as well. Although I haven't had any DC to score 20+ goals in one season yet.

As my team was just 3rd in the league in "goals from corners" I wouldn't consider it as a cheat.

I use this tactics and I've noticed that AI does that as well. Although I haven't had any DC to score 20+ goals in one season yet.

As my team was just 3rd in the league in "goals from corners" I wouldn't consider it as a cheat.

No it doesn't. The reason SI left the 'exploit' in the 930 patch is because the AI doesn't use it. Of course the AI scores goals from corners, but normally.

well the AI in this game has far more ways to cheat you out of a win or a draw, even you score against them with corner, they can still beat you.

I guarantee that the majority of those occasions you've not changed your tactics in the last throes of the game despite the opposition piling on the pressure. Either that or you've gone ultra defensive inviting them on even more.

I guarantee that the majority of those occasions you've not changed your tactics in the last throes of the game despite the opposition piling on the pressure. Either that or you've gone ultra defensive inviting them on even more.

or his teams weak mentally, or his rep is not equal to his clubs position, or some A.I manager has unsettled his centre back, or one of another 20 thousand things. People assume tactics too readily. Id say tactics are about 20% of the weighting of results (assuming basic knowledge of the game).

In set pieces if you have a descent corner taker 13+ and let him aim for 6 yard box>

bild1suk.png

And you let one or two of your big guys Challenge keeper

bild3p.png

They will score +10 goals

56594063.png

stil 6 games left.

Don't tell me, we've landed on the moon!....

or his teams weak mentally, or his rep is not equal to his clubs position, or some A.I manager has unsettled his centre back, or one of another 20 thousand things. People assume tactics too readily. Id say tactics are about 20% of the weighting of results (assuming basic knowledge of the game).

I've got these two scenarios, both against teams 5 places below my team.

First one I conceded a goal and was down 0-1 at 60 min, i set my passing to short and tempo to quick, trying to attack. Then the time bar just scrolled through without anything happening and i lost.

The second one I was 2-1 up at 75 min, I set my passing to short and tempo to quick, like in the first scenario. Then the opponent equalized and i was held to 2-2.

Now i don't know whether to defend or attack.

I've got these two scenarios, both against teams 5 places below my team.

First one I conceded a goal and was down 0-1 at 60 min, i set my passing to short and tempo to quick, trying to attack. Then the time bar just scrolled through without anything happening and i lost.

The second one I was 2-1 up at 75 min, I set my passing to short and tempo to quick, like in the first scenario. Then the opponent equalized and i was held to 2-2.

Now i don't know whether to defend or attack.

High tempo, short passing is incredibly difficult to pull off unless you have really good players. You're probably better off putting passing on direct.

I've certainly seen the AI score from corners via the man in the six yard box.

Challenge keeper != Six yard box. A player scoring in the six yard box could've been in any of near post flick, stand on far post, forward, attack from deep, etc. They move while the corner is being taken and attack the ball.

Whs. It's a perfectly realistic approach; the fact that it is more effective than IRL does not necessarily make it a cheat.

In real life the ref would blow for a foul on the keeper. It's your game. play how you like etc etc but c'mon, don't kid yourself. Call it a cheat, call it an exploit, but don't call a DC getting 30 goals a season from corners realistic :rolleyes:

In real life the ref would blow for a foul on the keeper. It's your game. play how you like etc etc but c'mon, don't kid yourself. Call it a cheat, call it an exploit, but don't call a DC getting 30 goals a season from corners realistic :rolleyes:

Nice try, but the OP said 10+, not 30...

Archived