What academys produce the best u-18 players?

there is a lot in brazil e.g. cruzeiro, santos, fluminense etc who have state of the art facilities so will have the best youngsters. so do some teams in Argentina (River). basically the best youth teams are at clubs that have either excellent or state of the art facilities.

I think he was alluding to the observation that all AC Milan's youth seem to be over 30.

I suspect Man Citeh's youth academy will become redundant (at least in the game, but how about Sturridge and Evans IRL - they'll never get in the team).

I think he may have also realised that at the start of the game AC Milan only have 15 for youth facilities, they are not amongst the best in the game which is a shame, Im always AC Milan and eventually build the facilities up though

AC Milan aren't up there with the rest mate, they only have good (15) youth facilities
That's only at the start of the game. After a few seasons they soon catch up and start producing some awesome regens. I figured anyone interested in the youth side of the game would be in for the long haul.

That's only at the start of the game. After a few seasons they soon catch up and start producing some awesome regens. I figured anyone interested in the youth side of the game would be in for the long haul.

oh my bad, i thought you just meant at the start. Yeah they do eventually catch up, i always play as Milan and i do get some fairly good players through but nothing world class as of yet although ive just got an english regen from my youth team with PA 179, thats as good as its been so far for me and im in 2019.

I tend to just buy youth at 16 and then they become 'homegrown' after 3 years

I was referring to the game, but it also applies to real life.

In the game, pretty mcuh all the biggest teams produce good regens because of the massive over-importance club reputation is given to the quality of players produced. But i have to say, i struggle to agree that in the real world Real Madrid, AC Milan and Chelsea are part of the best youth academies in the world.

Not yet, but they have a great youth academy in place for the future.

The proof is in the pudding as they say. I don't think you can claim Chelsea have one of the best youth acadamies when they haven't produced a decent player in 10 years. But i guess it depends how you definine the quality of a youth system, whether its by the players produced or the actual facilities in place.

The proof is in the pudding as they say. I don't think you can claim Chelsea have one of the best youth acadamies when they haven't produced a decent player in 10 years. But i guess it depends how you definine the quality of a youth system, whether its by the players produced or the actual facilities in place.
I say Chelsea because their youth academy has only just become world-class thanks to Roman Abromovich. The results won't be noticeable for a few more years.

Didn't Englands captain come out of their youth academy?

Mancienne is decent as well.

Other than that not much.

Didn't Englands captain come out of their youth academy?

Mancienne is decent as well.

Other than that not much.

Er yes, that's where my '10 year' reference came from. Mancienne is ok at the minute, maybe he will be good in the future but at the minute he's a bit-part player at the most.

Er yes, that's where my '10 year' reference came from. Mancienne is ok at the minute, maybe he will be good in the future but at the minute he's a bit-part player at the most.

My bad. Terry signed pro 11 years ago. Sorry i didn't know that off the top of my head.

Nottingham Forest? Not so much now Paul Hart has left, but when he was there, we constantly brought some good youngsters through in the form of Michael Dawson, Jermaine Jenas, Andy Reid, Marlon Harewood, David Prutton, Gareth Williams. Albeit some haven't reached their potential as they should've done but nevertheless we've still produced the 'potential'. We still have one of the best youth academies in the country.

How about Leeds? Obviously they brought some excellent youths through (Woodgate, Smith, Kewell) again when Hart was there. Not sure about now though.

West Ham...their record speaks for itself. Celtic, Rangers, Middlesbrough?

Raware i totally agree with you, those are some of the teams that should have good quality youth system, but as i mentioned earlier the weighting of club reputation makes this unlikely. I really want to see a change in the way these game mechanics work.

Nottingham Forest? Not so much now Paul Hart has left, but when he was there, we constantly brought some good youngsters through in the form of Michael Dawson, Jermaine Jenas, Andy Reid, Marlon Harewood, David Prutton, Gareth Williams. Albeit some haven't reached their potential as they should've done but nevertheless we've still produced the 'potential'. We still have one of the best youth academies in the country.

How about Leeds? Obviously they brought some excellent youths through (Woodgate, Smith, Kewell) again when Hart was there. Not sure about now though.

West Ham...their record speaks for itself. Celtic, Rangers, Middlesbrough?

Southampton?

I know

Barcelona

Real Madrid

Sevilla

Man City

Man Utd

Arsenal

AC Milan

Inter

Lyon

Any one come across good u-18 teams? or is it only the big teams because they have the best facilitys?

this might be funny but plaermo have a very good young players and pescara of serie C but i dunno if ekani and tinye are real i just won serie c with pescara my team is ded young with only 5 paleyrs in 35 man squad over 28

Youth Facilities = 20 and Youth Academy:

BRAZIL: Cruzeiro, Flamengo, Fluminense, Grêmio, Santos

MEXICO: Atlante, Atlas, Pumas

FRANCE: AJ Auxerre, Stade Rennais FC

SPAIN: Barcelona

ITALY: Juventus

ENGLAND: Manchester United

ARGENTINA: River Plate

BIELORUSSIA: RUOR

Youth Facilities = 20 and Youth Academy:

BRAZIL: Cruzeiro, Flamengo, Fluminense, Grêmio, Santos

MEXICO: Atlante, Atlas, Pumas

FRANCE: AJ Auxerre, Stade Rennais FC

SPAIN: Barcelona

ITALY: Juventus

ENGLAND: Manchester United

ARGENTINA: River Plate

BIELORUSSIA: RUOR

It's unbelievable that Ajax aren't on that list considering they probably have the best youth system in the world. Some of those teams are no where near deserving being on that list. Really quite poor by SI.

The thing is just cause you have amazing youth facilities it means fork all. In scotland Rangers and Celtic maybe have the odd youth player come through McGeady, Hutton etc but for the level of facilities they have a very poor output. Hibs for example have only just built better facilities in the last few seasons hence why they have State of the Art Youth Facilities + Youth Academy on the game. However before that they produced the likes of Garry O'Connor, Scott Brown, Derek Riordan, Steven Whittaker, Kevin Thomson and Steven Fletcher who have all been involved with the Scotland National Team in recent years. Players also like Lewis Stevenson, Kevin McCann, Paul Hanlon, Ross Chisholm have all come from the youth team and gone into the first team. Most of these guys grew up playing on a rented playing field hardly state of the art facilities. Motherwell have also produced alot of good youth and yet they don't have good facilities. I'm not saying good facilities don't help however they aren't everything. This year the hibs under 19's won the treble and some of the players are tipped to go on to great things having signed full contracts with the club. They are probably really the first to actually have benifitted from the new facilities. I just think there is something deeper to it than just the state of facilities and this should probably be incorporated into fm 10.

The Smudge, i guess it depends on how you define youth facilties in game terms, e.g. is it by the players its produced in the recent past or is it simply the actual buildings, equipment etc. Because as you say, teams with relatively poor facilities can still consistently produce good quality players. In FM this doesn't happen.

I think there needs to be another, more important stat to replace the (over) influence of club reputation. The current system means top clubs like Chelsea and Liverpool will start producing many great regens even though in reality they haven't produced much over the best part of ten years. Maybe somesort of 'youth production experience' stat that takes many seasons to increase/decrease could be used so that any team with a bit of money and reputation can't suddenly become great youth producers from nowhere.

Essentially, we need a system where we can go teams that have a successful recent history of producing good youths and expect this to continue when we play as them, atleast initially. The system also need to allow teams, over many many seasons, to gradually increase/decrease the success of their youth system. And of course that random element of producing a one-off talent should still be in there too.

Archived