triple substitution

how often do you do this? i pretty much use it between 60-70 if i can and i'm losing, seems to be a really effective way of turning things around with slightly lesser players.

I'm the same as you mate, no point in having three subs if your not going to use them. If im winning defence subs, losing attacking subs.

Hobgob.

If I don't make changes at half-time, I usually do in the 60-70 minutes zone. It's sod's law of course that as soon as you do, a player picks up a red injury!

yeah normally before the sub has actually come on but you still can't cancel it so you just have to allow the fact you're a man down, very frustrating.

in belarus you get four substitutions and that was great.

I do my best to avoid triple substitutions as I like to keep the team balanced and radical changes can upset the balance of the team.

True, but I do it when I'm comfortably winning; take off the stars and give the kids a go - or if I put out a weakened team and am losing, the stars who started on the bench get a chance to change the game.

Like has been said I tend to use triple substitutions only when losing. If I'm winning I usually make 2 changes, taking off the two players with worst condition and hold the third in case I get an injury.

All subs made around the 60 minute mark.

If winning comfortably = youngesters on

If winning but it's close = shore up the midfield a bit

If drawing home = switch to 4-3-3 attacking

If drawing away = like for like changes

If losing = 4-2-4 all out attack

I'll always use 3 subs at once, unless it's an incredibly tight cup final or something similar :D

well 90% of the time wide player, attacking midfielders and strikers tire before the defensive one's, now this is either because tactics are un balanced or they run around like headless chickens, having 2 super fast skillfull wingers and either an AMc or Sc to come on with last 20 mins can be a good tactic..

Only do it when I'm losing and I need a result. I tend to change from 4-4-2 (two centre mids, attacking wingers) to a 3-5-2 (two centre mids, attacking centre mid and attacking wingers). If I'm winning comfortably and haven't made any changes with about ten minutes left, I'll sub off my best players for some youngsters.

If I don't make changes at half-time, I usually do in the 60-70 minutes zone. It's sod's law of course that as soon as you do, a player picks up a red injury!
well 90% of the time wide player' date=' attacking midfielders and strikers tire before the defensive one's, now this is either because tactics are un balanced or they run around like headless chickens, having 2 super fast skillfull wingers and either an AMc or Sc to come on with last 20 mins can be a good tactic..[/quote']

yeah at my current club i am having to replace both wingers every single name and normally my more defensive midfielder most of the time as well due to their condition dropping below 65%

If I bring on 3 subs in the 70th minute, I will get an injury and end the game with 10 men, I'll bring on my 3rd sub from the 75th minute onwards if I've got the game won already or if I'm chasing the game, never when I'm drawing or winning a close game.

I will make subs as early as the 10th minute if I see a problem (usually one attacker just being too fast for a defender, no point leaving it).

yeah at my current club i am having to replace both wingers every single name and normally my more defensive midfielder most of the time as well due to their condition dropping below 65%

That's because you have your wide men of Forward Runs often and run with ball. They're tearing up and down the pitch like billy-o whilst your defenders are standing about holding the line. It's perfectly realistic.

Archived