Another Idea for Fm 2010

I think we should be able to use the money we earned from working as a manger. I am not talking about buying a car, a house, that kind of virtual stuff. I am thinking that you could use your money earned thru-out the years (say 5-10 years) and buy out another club as an owner.

Of coz, you will probably have only a few millions by working as a manager and only be able to afford to buy out a small club in lower division, or some club in bankruptcy. Then, you can be the owner of the club you buy and manage the club yourself or you can own the club and work as a manager for another club (i.e. the club you were managing) The profit of the club you own goes into your own pocket. You will be able to sell the club you own to a random CPU buyer when it worths more money and buy other bigger club in longer years.

This give you an incentive to ask for more salary when you are a manger at first or when you renew your contract as you can actually use the money rather than you just have a number showing how much you earned in total.

As a owner of your club, you will be able to make all the decision from improving training group, finding parent/feeder club, to increasing your stadium capacity (sorry, i don't agree to have more specific detail in building your stadium, otherwises, it will be just like FIFAM. I think i am happy with just the number of seat of my stadium.), and hiring manager for your club!!!

I like this idea, but from reading through this forum about this year FM edition, I think that SI should stick to making all the current features bug-free and less cosmetic.

Can you imagine if SI would actually agree to do this for FM10, there would be "bugs" as big as houses :D

you're not allowed to manage one club and own another.

Then, can you own and manage the same club?

Maybe it is more like for fm 2011 to solve bugs issue and put in some dramatic new features.

It can still be football manager if you own and manage the same club. It just gives you a few more options in board decision. Not really too big of a change actually. It is just adding a few icons and features, so it can't be too buggy to create.

It is, however, not realistic as i think there isn't a real case that an owner actually managers the club himself. I just think that if a player can be successful and become a manager when retire. Why is it not possible to have a manager who is very successful in a big league and go back to own a small club in home-town or sth.

You can always choose to not buying any club but continue to play your team as you are doing now.

I think we should be able to use the money we earned from working as a manger. I am not talking about buying a car, a house, that kind of virtual stuff. I am thinking that you could use your money earned thru-out the years (say 5-10 years) and buy out another club as an owner.

Of coz, you will probably have only a few millions by working as a manager and only be able to afford to buy out a small club in lower division, or some club in bankruptcy. Then, you can be the owner of the club you buy and manage the club yourself or you can own the club and work as a manager for another club (i.e. the club you were managing) The profit of the club you own goes into your own pocket. You will be able to sell the club you own to a random CPU buyer when it worths more money and buy other bigger club in longer years.

This give you an incentive to ask for more salary when you are a manger at first or when you renew your contract as you can actually use the money rather than you just have a number showing how much you earned in total.

As a owner of your club, you will be able to make all the decision from improving training group, finding parent/feeder club, to increasing your stadium capacity (sorry, i don't agree to have more specific detail in building your stadium, otherwises, it will be just like FIFAM. I think i am happy with just the number of seat of my stadium.), and hiring manager for your club!!!

Don't get me wrong, I really hate all the FIFA manager stuff like having a wife, car and house. But I really like this as it makes real sense and adds a new dimension to the game. It would make the football manager-world more complete.

This is what I've wanted all the time. And to the people who don't want it, just turn it off.. you're claiming that "it's only a manager game", but you really don't have to use it, and it makes people who really want it very happy. If you own the club you would realistically be able to be unsaccable and decide when to build a new stadium, something many on this forum have asked for. This has always been turned down and deemed unrealistic (which is true), but if you own the club it would be totally realistic. Don't you think Jose Mourinho would be able to buy out his own home town club ages ago?!

result.

+ makes people who want it happy

+ adds "unsaccable mode" to the game

+ adds influence in stadium construction

+ Doesn't have to be used for those who don't like it

+ would make the the managers contract worth negotiating to get more money

- will probably be ranted by many on this forum as "it's called football manager" and "will create huge bugs".

+/- I'm no coder myself, so I can't say how hard it would be to implement. Could be buggy from the start of, but hey, if you think like that you'll never add any new features.

Don't you think Jose Mourinho would be able to buy out his own home town club ages ago?!

Yes but the point is he didn't. I can't think of any managers that also own a club. This new feature would cheapen the game in my opinion.

Yes but the point is he didn't. I can't think of any managers that also own a club. This new feature would cheapen the game in my opinion.

True, but he COULD.

well, since it wouldn't affect you I can't see why you're trying to prevent others from getting a feature they want.

True, but he COULD.

well, since it wouldn't affect you I can't see why you're trying to prevent others from getting a feature they want.

Mate he is hardy trying to prevent people getting what they want, what he has is an opinion, which is the same as mine that this is a pointless feature and not needed. Maybe as said it's possible for the future but at the moment it belongs on the future ideas shelf

Not for me sorry would make it a totally different game. I have no interest in spending earning's and living a pretend virtual life in a football management game.

Think SI should just sort the bugs out and make the gameplay better.

Football Manager or Football Chairman? God the possibilities for expansion on the FM game are endless:

Football Manager Tycoon - set in an isometric world, you start off with a small club and you can place small buildings (coffee stall, programme stall, etc), and try to get more money in to the coffers until you eventually end up in charge of a footballing "village" where you can add hotels, ice rinks, bowling alleys, shops, flats, etc to the stadium complex.

The Sims 3 - Expansion Pack #3,415: FM Edition - you control your players to try to increase squad harmony. You have to manage all their toilet breaks and career aspirations, as well as ensuring that you keep all their moods happy.

Call of Duty 6: FM Paintballing - Using DX10 graphics, you control your players as they embark on that tired old team-bonding exercise of paintballing. Never mind fighting the jerries, you have to duck the paint bombs from that big lump you dropped last week.

GTA V - You play John Terry's mum ...

Football Manager or Football Chairman? God the possibilities for expansion on the FM game are endless:

Football Manager Tycoon - set in an isometric world, you start off with a small club and you can place small buildings (coffee stall, programme stall, etc), and try to get more money in to the coffers until you eventually end up in charge of a footballing "village" where you can add hotels, ice rinks, bowling alleys, shops, flats, etc to the stadium complex.

The Sims 3 - Expansion Pack #3,415: FM Edition - you control your players to try to increase squad harmony. You have to manage all their toilet breaks and career aspirations, as well as ensuring that you keep all their moods happy.

Call of Duty 6: FM Paintballing - Using DX10 graphics, you control your players as they embark on that tired old team-bonding exercise of paintballing. Never mind fighting the jerries, you have to duck the paint bombs from that big lump you dropped last week.

:D, lol, love it ;)

What do you mean you weren't being serious!?

I almost spat my drink out reading that. :D

For people who are saying "not for me", I totally understand.

For people who are saying "it becomes a total different game", i would like to disagree.

Adding a few options that you can choose not to use, or even not to show in the preference pages, would hardly be able to make this a different game in my opinion. There are a few options some people always won't use but exist in the current game, and some of them are quite unrealistic actually. For example, Go on holiday. In reality, manager may go on holiday during the season break, but having it available in the entire year, i.e. you can go on holiday when your team is playing Euro Championship final can hardly be reasonable or realistic. But, the option is there, and it is only your choice whether you want to use it or not. Would this option makes this game as Football Holiday? Probably not.

So, I can't really see how adding a few opinions in the game can make it a different game. The total earning is already existed in current game as a useless number. Negotiating a new contract with your current game is even more stupid as i don't think many people in the world won't want to have max out their salary in the most possible way, yet for us, or at least i do, who are playing the game as football manager would probably want to just get the minimum salary possible in order to create more salary space in the budget to afford signing more/better players.

So, you would rather than having your board member, or some random NPC names to takeover your club when it is in financial difficulty(i.e. bankruptcy), but not have an option that you can takeover the club yourself if you do have the money available. Maybe you don't love your club enough to buy it?LOL

Of coz, if you are telling me that it is illegal to own and manage the same club, then i would totally say it is a bad idea.

P.S. I hate FIFA manager stuff like having a wife, car and house, or even the part that you can design your own stadium and stadium village in specific detail or the part that you have to purchase your merchandise, set the price and sell it. I think these specific detail makes you become a football chairman, owner, not a manager.

actually more to the point, graham turner

Sorry i missed the word "often" there are female profesional players but regens shouldn't be female because of 2 real world examples, players die of heart attacks etc but it shouldn't happen in FM because it's happened a couple of times, players get arrested but it doesn't happen that often etc etc etc

For something that happens very rarely there is nowhere near enough real life precendent to include it in FM. Appologies if my overly succinct response led to any confusion.

I would love to see this in the game, people who dont want it can turn it off, it would be better for people to accept good wages and also would improve long term career games, i personally havent got past my 6th season on one save.

Most people dream of being a footballer or a football manager, my dream is to own a football club

let me live my dream through a brilliant feature!

I like this but it should be a little cosmetic feature after the gamer decides to retire.

Just be a chairman and allocate funding whilst watching the manager do his thing.

Funding, stadia & facilities and manager.

I don't think I'd personally use a function in the game to buy a club, however what I would like to have in the game is that if there is a player I think would be a fantastic addition to the squad, but the board refuse exrtra transfer funds. I'd like to see an option where I can use my earnings to personally bankroll the deal. I know that this would be an issue with those that think the game needs to be kept as realistic as possible, but I do think the manager career earnings part of the game could be doing with being expanded in some way and this is just an idea off the top of my head for another way to implement this.

i like the John Terry's mum GTA idea! and Football Tycoon!

I think as a dumbed down version of the original idea, we could have that you can help your struggling club if they get in debt by giving your money to them. This only should be an option of your team is really up **** creek financially otherwise everyone would just use it all the time. A kinda non-league option per-se.

I've got a good extra mini-game option idea to add tho. Multiplayer11 and 5-a-side vs your mates! Either on a network, or just with 2 saved games of your own, you can make up cups and pit your teams against your mates, to see who really has the best team!

Archived