Suggestion: Alerts when game finishes processing

As someone that likes to multi-task while playing FM, I often get distracted by other programs running on my computer while the game is processing. This can usually result in me completely forgetting that the game is running, & I end up unintentionally abandoning the game for hours! Understandably, I find this really frustrating.

What I'd like to see added to future editions is an option which enables taskbar alerts whenever the game finishes pocessing. What I mean by a taskbar alerts is that your FM icon on the taskbar is made flash whenever the game is ready to go again, just like what happens when you receive a new message on Windows Live Messenger or when you are sent a message through the FM Live chat function. Just in case I've lost anyone here, I'll include a screenshot:

featurerequest.jpg

Any thoughts on this idea would be welcome. I feel that this would really help people with ridiculously poor attention spans such as myself :p

As someone that likes to multi-task while playing FM, I often get distracted by other programs running on my computer while the game is processing. This can usually result in me completely forgetting that the game is running, & I end up unintentionally abandoning the game for hours! Understandably, I find this really frustrating.

What I'd like to see added to future editions is an option which enables taskbar alerts whenever the game finishes pocessing. What I mean by a taskbar alerts is that your FM icon on the taskbar is made flash whenever the game is ready to go again, just like what happens when you receive a new message on Windows Live Messenger or when you are sent a message through the FM Live chat function. Just in case I've lost anyone here, I'll include a screenshot:

featurerequest.jpg

Any thoughts on this idea would be welcome. I feel that this would really help people with ridiculously poor attention spans such as myself :p

Great idea, as long as it's made fully optional of course and doesn't include an annoying audio signal. :thup:

Fantastic idea, this would be a great help to me :thup:

I'd like to expand on it. I use the continue game timeout so that I can leave the game running and come back when there is a news item that needs my attention or a match. So rather than flashing everytime the processing has finished (as in 10 seconds it will auto-continue anyway), I'd like the option of it flashing when my input is needed in order to continue, just for those of us who do use the auto-continue function.

Great idea' date=' as long as it's made fully optional of course and doesn't include an annoying audio signal. :thup:[/quote']

Of course, perhaps I didn't stress it enough that this should only be optional. I can understand why it wouldn't be some people's cup of tea.

I'd like to expand on it. I use the continue game timeout so that I can leave the game running and come back when there is a news item that needs my attention or a match. So rather than flashing everytime the processing has finished (as in 10 seconds it will auto-continue anyway), I'd like the option of it flashing when my input is needed in order to continue, just for those of us who do use the auto-continue function.
That's definately somehing I'd also like to see included.
You could just set the processing to slowest so that the game is active when processing? Then you don't need to go away from it at all. :D
As someone that likes to multi-task while playing FM...
That is why your suggestion wouldn't suit me at all :p

• 2 months later...

Thought I'd bump this because it is something I would find very useful. I often find myself switching to these forums when the game is processing, and forgetting about it. This is a lot of game time I'm missing out on, so this feature would mean I can play more of the game.

Big :thup:

Archived