What is your PA? ***this should be fun***

If you were added to the game as a 16yr old youth, what do you think your PA would be? and at what position?

Doesn't matter what age you are now, and try to be honest!

(If you're under 16 then estimate just as us oldies will)

If I'm being totally honest, my best position (now) is AML (Right footed) but the only position I ever played in an organised match was GK, and I was pretty handy (get it?) at Sunday League level, winning a couple of amatuer cups.

I'd say I would be a PA of -6, and I'm being generous.

What say you?

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you were added to the game as a 16yr old youth, what do you think your PA would be? and at what position?

Doesn't matter what age you are now, and try to be honest!

(If you're under 16 then estimate just as us oldies will)

If I'm being totally honest, my best position (now) is AML (Right footed) but the only position I ever played in an organised match was GK, and I was pretty handy (get it?) at Sunday League level, winning a couple of amatuer cups.

I'd say I would be a PA of -6, and I'm being generous.

What say you?

I played footie for years as a kid. I quit at age 18 when my knees and ankles started feeling it. Worrying, I know!

My most common position was at left-back, though I was deployed everywhere across the back four at some point, and also in central midfield. I imagine I'd have a pretty crappy potential ability, though. In all honesty, my best position was goalkeeper.

Won a Youth tournament run by Portsmouth FC and my school, when i was 10 years old.

I have a couple of friends in the game in the Portsmouth Youth Team. and other lower league teams based around Portsmouth, England

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bod1035:

seeing as i have pretty much been boozing since the age of 12 i would have to say honestly a P.A of 40. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I really love this answer.

I only started boozing when I was about 20 so my PA remains intact.

Phew!

Depends really when i was very young say 11 or so i was a pretty good winger and it was noted by oxford for my agility and southampton for my crossing. I then got an injury which took me out for 18 months and this lead to me becoming really quite unfit. So i guess i'm one of these people who would have a not bad PA but wouldm't be able to achieve it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by butts:

Depends really when i was very young say 11 or so i was a pretty good winger and it was noted by oxford for my agility and southampton for my crossing. I then got an injury which took me out for 18 months and this lead to me becoming really quite unfit. So i guess i'm one of these people who would have a not bad PA but wouldm't be able to achieve it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Butt if you HAD to say?

What WOULD you say?

-7?

-8?

150?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Starr_Man5:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bod1035:

seeing as i have pretty much been boozing since the age of 12 i would have to say honestly a P.A of 40. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Phew! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am glad you liked it icon_smile.gif

Shame its true. Oh what wasted talent icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Starr_Man5:

Phew! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am glad you liked it icon_smile.gif

Shame its true. Oh what wasted talent icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I say that every day, looking disgustingly at my just-too-big-to-suck-in man-gut.

Oh what wasted talent indeed.

I could've been "Touted as the next Pepe Reina".. icon_wink.gif

chav icon_wink.gif

Id be a CB, probably a -6

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">seeing as i have pretty much been boozing since the age of 12 i would have to say honestly a P.A of 40. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't forget about women icon_wink.gif

I apparently had potential when I was about 13/14 (or so I was told icon_wink.gif) but those particular distractions took away my focus.

I coulda had class. I coulda been a contender. I coulda been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what I am, let's face it.

I would say a PA of maybe 40 but a CA of 1.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Michael Foster:

chav icon_wink.gif

Id be a CB, probably a -6 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Please dont insult me icon_wink.gif

I've never played anything other than hockey, so it's hard for me to say where I'd be best in football.

Though, if I played I'd want to play goalkeeper since I have always had horrible, horrible stamina, so running is out for me icon_wink.gif . Plus, I'm always goalie in hockey, so I guess I'd already have the basic concepts to get me started.

As for my potential... I have no idea what range the game uses(EHM is something crazy like 1 - 200 plus a bunch of special negative numbers)... so I'll just go by the typical 1 - 20 scale from in-game. And with that, I'd say my potential is around maybe a 5 at GK. Then maybe a 4 at defence; 2 at midfield; and definitely a mere 1 at anything further forward than midfield.

@ B. Stinson

FM gives PA from 1 (awful) to 200 (better than Messi)

Then on those occasions where an exact number is impossible to define, those special negatives come in to play =

-10 (170 - 200), -9 (160 - 190), -8 (150 - 180) and so on and so forth.

I was bobbins at sport at 16 but three years later was playing top club level tennis through sheer application rather than talent. Hammered my A'level results, although as I went to art college, that hardly mattered.

Translating that to football, my CA at 16 would be shocking, but I'd have a PA roughly equivalent to a L1/Championship player. I would have high injury proness, so just as it looked like I would possibly be able to make the breakthrough to the Premiership I would suffer a chronic injury that dropped my CA and PA to lower BSP or BSN/S level. In my mid-late 30s I would finally be injury free again and have a couple of golden seasons at BSP level before exiting to the non-league game.

My PA would be approximately 1, and my CA would be approximately -42.

Shyt at football, me. First time I played it in year 6 I had no idea what I was doing and in an adrenaline-fuelled frustration kicked the keeper when he had two hands on it, made the lad cry icon_biggrin.gif.

And things haven't improved a great deal in the years since.

@ B. Stinson

FM gives PA from 1 (awful) to 200 (better than Messi)

Then on those occasions where an exact number is impossible to define, those special negatives come in to play =

-10 (170 - 200), -9 (160 - 190), -8 (150 - 180) and so on and so forth. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks, mate. icon14.gif

On the real scale, then, I think I'd have potential around a 50 - 60 at GK... working my way down to maybe 10 at any attacking position.

I'm still a loser no matter what scale I'm on... icon_wink.gif

My PA would probably have been -1, maybe -2 if I am really (really) lucky.

My prefered position would be right wing and drift into the box. In school/college matches I have played DC several times (getting a lovely OG, which I knocked over the keepers head with my knee in to a 5 a side goal - it was a beauty, shame it was in wrong net!) also left back (on pitch and changing rooms icon_wink.gif). Also played as a striker once, and capped it with a goal - much to my delight. Never played RW but reckon I would have been good there.

This is a great topic, LMAO!!!

I live in Australia, so the competition is nowhere near as fierce as in Europe, South America etc. I reckon I was pretty handy when I was younger, playing all kinds of positions before seeming to cement a place as a right footed left back, mostly because I was one of the few who could play with both feet and get forward on occasions. I probably peaked at age 17 when I won best and fairest in 3rd grade. But around this time I discovered partying, booze, weed etc and some desperate girls finally agreed to shag me, and then priorities quickly shifted away from football. Then I was off to university so no time for football.

But now I’m about to embark on a return to competitive football for the first time in 13 years. Pre-season training is killing me and last night I chucked my guts up after a sprinting drill!! (I’m now 31...and feeling it!). So I reckon my PA may have been about -6 (generous?), but I probably never had a CA past 50! Who knows, maybe I’ll be a late bloomer!!!

My PA would roughly been -2/-3, played for Arsenal for 3 seasons up front (or left wing) for the reserves, was going to be anounced in the squad for a friendly but injury kept me out, because of my build i would get kicked left right and centre from the centre halfs which ended my career icon_frown.gif.... Pat Rice once compared me to Vieri though icon_biggrin.gif

when i was about 10-12 i used to play AML (right footed) but ive never been full of pace, i'd probably get a maximum of 12 on the game. so i decided to start playing MC and occasionaly drift out wide as i had a pretty good cross ( maximum 18). I'd say my best attributes would be long shots (18/19) and free kicks (20, i was a set-piece beast), but due to my lack of natural fitness, will power, my habbit for peforming martin taylor-esque tackles and my constant partying at the weekend, i'd have a low PA

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kezman9:

My PA would roughly been -2/-3, played for Arsenal for 3 seasons up front (or left wing) for the reserves, was going to be anounced in the squad for a friendly but injury kept me out, because of my build i would get kicked left right and centre from the centre halfs which ended my career icon_frown.gif.... Pat Rice once compared me to Vieri though icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What he said you where Italian icon_wink.gif

I have a couple of trials with league 1/ Championship clubs in the summer, so considering that I'd say I have 30-60 CA and around 110/140 PA.

And just to gloat, I was the top scorer for my school ever before I moved down south. 124 goals in 60 odd games icon_biggrin.gif.

I was only at the school for 2 years icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kezman9:

My PA would roughly been -2/-3, played for Arsenal for 3 seasons up front (or left wing) for the reserves, was going to be anounced in the squad for a friendly but injury kept me out, because of my build i would get kicked left right and centre from the centre halfs which ended my career icon_frown.gif.... Pat Rice once compared me to Vieri though icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What he said you where Italian icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hahah Quality.... icon_biggrin.gif No he compared me to Vieri as the style of player, tall, strong, left footed etc icon_smile.gif in the summer on my way to trial at Turkish side Bursaspor icon_biggrin.gif

What he said you where Italian icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hahah Quality.... icon_biggrin.gif No he compared me to Vieri as the style of player, tall, strong, left footed etc icon_smile.gif in the summer on my way to trial at Turkish side Bursaspor icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good luck hope it goes well icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Celtic_1967:

i'm a proper leftie its just unfortunate that you couldn't describe me as a proper player. Infact describing me as bad is doing a dis-service to all the bad payers out there! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, I guessed that by your user-name.

icon_biggrin.gificon_wink.gif

For me personally. between 140 and 160. I played for Croydon Athletic as a youth, and got a contract at Barnet by the time i was 15, (back when they were in Div 2). I played in the Youth team there for a while, but left shortly after on the grounds of having some northern Div 1 teams interested (Old Div. 1), so decided, if i'm going up there, I'm not going to see out my contract at barnet. Unfortunately, got injured (Knee ligaments), and never quite made it back to the fitness levels I was at, without the money to pay for good physiotherapy. Played lower league footy for a few more years, before and ingrowing toenail stopped me playing.... (Seriously)

considering i had a nasty knee injury at sixteen, and have not played more than 20 minutes of football at a time since, and none in the past year my CA woould have to be 1. but at fifteen, my PA would have probably been around 90/100. i actually did my knee in a trial with my local non-league team Lincoln Utd.

oh, and i wanted to play as a striker all the time, but as my crossing ability and dead ball precision were ace, and i had a left foot (just as good with both though. more power in the right, more accurate with the left) i got stuck out at left wing. no pace though, none.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NepentheZ:

For me personally. between 140 and 160. I played for Croydon Athletic as a youth, and got a contract at Barnet by the time i was 15, (back when they were in Div 2). I played in the Youth team there for a while, but left shortly after on the grounds of having some northern Div 1 teams interested (Old Div. 1), so decided, if i'm going up there, I'm not going to see out my contract at barnet. Unfortunately, got injured (Knee ligaments), and never quite made it back to the fitness levels I was at, without the money to pay for good physiotherapy. Played lower league footy for a few more years, before and ingrowing toenail stopped me playing.... (Seriously) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

woah, scary, it was my ligaments that went on my knee. was yours the result of a bad challenge ala eduardo. mine was. my knee was massive and it was agony like never before or since

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dirty1982dec:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NepentheZ:

For me personally. between 140 and 160. I played for Croydon Athletic as a youth, and got a contract at Barnet by the time i was 15, (back when they were in Div 2). I played in the Youth team there for a while, but left shortly after on the grounds of having some northern Div 1 teams interested (Old Div. 1), so decided, if i'm going up there, I'm not going to see out my contract at barnet. Unfortunately, got injured (Knee ligaments), and never quite made it back to the fitness levels I was at, without the money to pay for good physiotherapy. Played lower league footy for a few more years, before and ingrowing toenail stopped me playing.... (Seriously) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

woah, scary, it was my ligaments that went on my knee. was yours the result of a bad challenge ala eduardo. mine was. my knee was massive and it was agony like never before or since </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nah, just a bad pitch, and worst weather. It's a little embarrassing, but here goes anyway icon_biggrin.gif

I was running down the wing, 2 v 1, my team mate square on the penalty spot, the defender caught in no mans land, all I had to do was square it. As I put my standing foot down, my studs got really badly caught on the pitch, swung my right leg towards the ball, which took an unfortunate bobble, I completely missed it, and my swinging leg wrapped around, but my standing leg was still solid in the mud, so my knee twisted icon_frown.gif

Had I hit the ball, it wouldn't have happened. I try not to wonder what could've been though. icon_frown.gif

i was never really that great, played for about 4 years when i was 10, i quit eventually as i was kept being played in defence and tbh i really did suck. But then i have played against people who play week in week out and find that it is really easy to defend against them and i actually like defending so i think i might start again, hopefully its not too late for me icon_smile.gif

i think i have a pa of about -3 haha

Probably about -4 lol

Despite being the smallest and youngest in my year (born 31/08) played everywhere for school team. Started at LW but somehow became a CB! Played well there for 2 years, although in a struggling team. After I realised I was nothing special I decided to try new things.

I now play cricket for my local team, with a shiny trophy after winning the cup. Finished runners-up in the league and then the next season it was the other way round. Long live the future

I played centre back for Northern Irish League, Glentoran's youth team. Then I went in for a slide tackle and as my leg went underneath me the studs broke my Coccyx bone at the bottom of my back, absolute agony and off school for 4 months as I could hardly walk. Now 25 and still suffering bad back pains because of it icon_frown.gif

Despite that wonderful story, I reckon my PA would have been about 4 icon_biggrin.gif

Archived