NEW CSE Hall of Fame for Small to Big club challenges

I personally haven't seen anything that makes me suspect him of cheating, the only thing that I thought was extraordinary was the progress that Puckett made in his first season at the club. However that doesn't mean he's cheated, as someone else said in another thread, why would he post if he'd cheated?

because hes sad and needs to get praise of a forum to make himself feel good btw hows hsis squash going

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Should the owner/organiser of any challenge state they believe someone cheated and there completion is bogus I will remove them, until then they stay.

Nobody has ever been 'disqualified' from my challenge for cheating, they have always removed themselves.

In the past, cheats have either owned up and stopped posting or suspected cheats have just gone quiet. Those who protest their innocence we have no option to trust for the sake of the enjoyment of the thread and I have encouraged people to ignore people if they cannot do this.

I will not be reporting anyone for cheating unless they admit to it.

If people are cheating and pleading their innocence then they have obviously misunderstood the ethos of my challenge and should be ashamed of themselves.

Nobody has ever been 'disqualified' from my challenge for cheating, they have always removed themselves.

In the past, cheats have either owned up and stopped posting or suspected cheats have just gone quiet. Those who protest their innocence we have no option to trust for the sake of the enjoyment of the thread and I have encouraged people to ignore people if they cannot do this.

I will not be reporting anyone for cheating unless they admit to it.

If people are cheating and pleading their innocence then they have obviously misunderstood the ethos of my challenge and should be ashamed of themselves.

Was pretty sure none of the challenge organisers had ever had to 'out' someone for cheating as they do self-regulate very well. So many eyes is difficult to fool.

Was pretty sure none of the challenge organisers had ever had to 'out' someone for cheating as they do self-regulate very well. So many eyes is difficult to fool.

I seem to remember in the very first challenge we had quite a few cheats but as the ethos grew they faded away over time. This is the first big accusation of cheating we have had for some time.

funny but you're the only one saying he cheats. Can you provide any real evidence of him cheating? Having FRMTE open isn't exactly evidence.

Hi Mikael.

I haven't been about many of these threads much this year, (except for the Monkeys/Softies one), but after getting a nudge in the right direction from someone I have just reviewed the last 10 or so pages of teh dafuge challenge.

Now I don't have any proof at all, and opinions as we all know are like arseholes, (everyone's got one), but I call it as I see it, (and I used to be pretty good at sniffing out the cheats), (I think I was nick-named the threads "Sniffer Dog" in seasons gone by).

I have absoluetly no doubt that he has cheated, (much to my surprise). Now if you don't believe me, (or don't want to believe me), then that's fine, and I have absolutely no intention of making a big deal about it, but I think if you just look at some of the evidence that is available, (it takes a little time I know), then the only conclusion that you can come to is that either he is on the lucky lucky lucky lucky lucky lucky lucky lucky lucky lucky lucky side of very very very very very very very lucky, (in addition to bing pretty good at the tactical side of the game), or that he has used the editor.

Just look at some of the stuff that has happened in his game and go back and look at the devlopment of players and to anyone experienced with the development of young players I think it will become clear what conclsion you will come to.

I gave up weeding out the cheats last season when it almost took over the thread at one point. Now though, when I see such a blatant disregard for the effort that some of the non-cheaters have put into their games, I wish I had continued.

Some of you might call be bitter, (I have NEVER completed either the dafuge challenge or the Gundo challenge, and probably never will because of the way I play), but the truth is that my journey is FAR more important than what I achieve at the end of it.

I'm sure to some of the more recent arrivals in these threads I will sound like a whinging old windbag who should keep his opinions to himself. I am also aware however that some of the more established posters in these threads might agree that I probably have a decent understanding of certain things within the game and probably be able to form a decent opinion about such things.

I have seen posters such as NepentheZ, dafuge and Michaeltmurrayuk, (to name only but a few), perform outstanding feats with their teams over the years, and have nothing but respect and praise for their achievements. When however I see such ridiculous levels of cheating I am unable to keep it to myself.

I suspect that I will get shouted down by many for voicing this opinion, (and of course that is your right), but I will not be responding in here on in any other subject because I have nothing to gain and plan on wasting not a second more on the subject.

I just think the whole situation that someone would play the game for that long and cheat to achieve it is just sad sad sad sad sad.

What some of the younger guys don't seem to get is that these challeneges are not challenges against eachother and there are no winners or losers. We are all competing together against the game. As soon as you use the editor to change reputation or just up a few stats here or there, or give you a few quid because the stupid chairmaj robbed you or this or that then you cease to be participating in the same challenge as the rest of us.

I can hear myself going on and realise that those that agree with me do not need to be swayed and that those that don't agree with me cannot be swayd, so I will stop trying now.

If you want to cheat then go ahead and cheat, but for the love of God just stop trying to flog us all the line that you haven't cheated. T be honest most people don't care as long as you don't make a big deal about it. I'm sure this 1 poster is not alone, so let's not make a big deal out of it, (it's just that his cheating was possibly more blatant and less camoflagued than others.

:(

mind you, this is not about me cheating ;)

But I hear what you say. The problem is really that I just want someone to point out the evidence they state are so obvious. Personally I'm winning everything in Dafuge's Challenge. Does that make me a cheater? I too have players that development rapidly. Does that make me cheat too? I too find fantastic regens but does that make me a cheater too?

I use tactics other have made. I use training others have made. Does that make me a cheater? I don't think so. This just makes me win almost everything and my players to develop faster.

All I'm saying is that just because someone has some success in the game, it doesn't necessary make him a cheater.

mind you, this is not about me cheating ;)

But I hear what you say. The problem is really that I just want someone to point out the evidence they state are so obvious. Personally I'm winning everything in Dafuge's Challenge. Does that make me a cheater? I too have players that development rapidly. Does that make me cheat too? I too find fantastic regens but does that make me a cheater too?

I use tactics other have made. I use training others have made. Does that make me a cheater? I don't think so. This just makes me win almost everything and my players to develop faster.

All I'm saying is that just because someone has some success in the game, it doesn't necessary make him a cheater.

Not at all.

I don't have an issue with anyone achieving success in their game. I do have an issue with the way it is achieved when we are. I even don't have an issue with anyone using the editor if that is what floats their boat, (it's just not for me).

There really isn't much point in continuing as I'm sure we all have our own opinions and each are as valid as the other.

Good luck to all.

Hi Mikael.

I haven't been about many of these threads much this year, (except for the Monkeys/Softies one), but after getting a nudge in the right direction from someone I have just reviewed the last 10 or so pages of teh dafuge challenge.

Now I don't have any proof at all, and opinions as we all know are like arseholes, (everyone's got one), but I call it as I see it, (and I used to be pretty good at sniffing out the cheats), (I think I was nick-named the threads "Sniffer Dog" in seasons gone by).

I have absoluetly no doubt that he has cheated, (much to my surprise). Now if you don't believe me, (or don't want to believe me), then that's fine, and I have absolutely no intention of making a big deal about it, but I think if you just look at some of the evidence that is available, (it takes a little time I know), then the only conclusion that you can come to is that either he is on the lucky lucky lucky lucky lucky lucky lucky lucky lucky lucky lucky side of very very very very very very very lucky, (in addition to bing pretty good at the tactical side of the game), or that he has used the editor.

Just look at some of the stuff that has happened in his game and go back and look at the devlopment of players and to anyone experienced with the development of young players I think it will become clear what conclsion you will come to.

I gave up weeding out the cheats last season when it almost took over the thread at one point. Now though, when I see such a blatant disregard for the effort that some of the non-cheaters have put into their games, I wish I had continued.

Some of you might call be bitter, (I have NEVER completed either the dafuge challenge or the Gundo challenge, and probably never will because of the way I play), but the truth is that my journey is FAR more important than what I achieve at the end of it.

I'm sure to some of the more recent arrivals in these threads I will sound like a whinging old windbag who should keep his opinions to himself. I am also aware however that some of the more established posters in these threads might agree that I probably have a decent understanding of certain things within the game and probably be able to form a decent opinion about such things.

I have seen posters such as NepentheZ, dafuge and Michaeltmurrayuk, (to name only but a few), perform outstanding feats with their teams over the years, and have nothing but respect and praise for their achievements. When however I see such ridiculous levels of cheating I am unable to keep it to myself.

I suspect that I will get shouted down by many for voicing this opinion, (and of course that is your right), but I will not be responding in here on in any other subject because I have nothing to gain and plan on wasting not a second more on the subject.

I just think the whole situation that someone would play the game for that long and cheat to achieve it is just sad sad sad sad sad.

What some of the younger guys don't seem to get is that these challeneges are not challenges against eachother and there are no winners or losers. We are all competing together against the game. As soon as you use the editor to change reputation or just up a few stats here or there, or give you a few quid because the stupid chairmaj robbed you or this or that then you cease to be participating in the same challenge as the rest of us.

I can hear myself going on and realise that those that agree with me do not need to be swayed and that those that don't agree with me cannot be swayd, so I will stop trying now.

If you want to cheat then go ahead and cheat, but for the love of God just stop trying to flog us all the line that you haven't cheated. T be honest most people don't care as long as you don't make a big deal about it. I'm sure this 1 poster is not alone, so let's not make a big deal out of it, (it's just that his cheating was possibly more blatant and less camoflagued than others.

:(

A good post with some wise words,:thup: , but I doubt it will be understood by lots of people.

Some people play the game or make these challenges, I'm not referring about anyone on here, just to prove themselves are better than others, they misunderstand, as you said, the spirit or the ethos of the game, probably the can't even get fum from their "success" just more frustration. :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

This is the absolute key point Jimbo - well said. There are too many 'kids' on here hell bent on beating everyone to completion of these challenges. It totally is not about that. For most of us its all about beating the same AI and uncovering fantastic regens. For me it is anyway. Well said Jimbo :thup:.

ps. PRDH - congrats on the completion :)

This is the absolute key point Jimbo - well said. There are too many 'kids' on here hell bent on beating everyone to completion of these challenges. It totally is not about that. For most of us its all about beating the same AI and uncovering fantastic regens. For me it is anyway. Well said Jimbo :thup:.

I am with you on this one. All for challenging the AI, who cares if it takes me 50 years and you only 6 years, I have had a hell of a lot of fun and thats what it is all about. Oh and for me its about telling the story of my players as well.

WOOOHOOO Domegliara WINS!

I also agree with this. In my Billericay save as well as my RW Essen one I was more interesting in establishing a squad good enough to play in the above division and sticking by it, with the aim to bring through youth prospects and good regens. Alas, I didn't complete either of the challenges but that gives me more of a reason to try harder next year.

oh and...

FAO anyone who has completed the challenge:

There are currently some places left for managers of this challenge in the Ultimate CSE League. It will give you a chance to put your team up against some of the legendary teams from the CSE forum, NepentheZ has already signed up his team fwiw.

Guest roberto922

I always set myself some kind of unique aim with games, e.g. in Everton saves I want to overtake Liverpools trophy haul, with Wrexham I try to get as many Welsh players as I can etc. With my dafuges team it's usually to win the title with an all English team, I've yet to win the title full stop but there you go :D I find this much more enjoyable than trying to beat someone across the internet that I don't know.

EDIT: Oh and uncovering a hidden gem from your youth system has to be the biggest perk for me

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Didnt actually realise there was a thread like this.

But as hamilton sayd just a couple of posts up(thx:)) i have completed the Dafuge challenge twice in the same game. First with Wealdstone and later with Osset Town :)

I know and I'd added you a while back ;)

Yeah I went inactive, stopped playing FM09 and have been waiting for FM10 but I completely don't mind you doing this, am just pleased am on one of the lists :p

Don't think I'll be doing any of the challenges in the new game but then again I can't seem to decide which team to play as when I get FM10

Yeah I went inactive, stopped playing FM09 and have been waiting for FM10 but I completely don't mind you doing this, am just pleased am on one of the lists :p

Don't think I'll be doing any of the challenges in the new game but then again I can't seem to decide which team to play as when I get FM10

I'm the same! :p For 09 I only had 2 saves from Christmas that I played on and off. My Dafuge challenge game and one non-challenge game.

There were a few failed challenge attempts in there too I think that lasted a day or so.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest roberto922

heh, I forget what the old ones look like when the new ones come out :o

Well in that case you want the Dafuges challenge FM 07, this is just a hall of fame for all the challenges in FM09

Archived