Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bearsuit

Will regens ever have facial hair?

41 posts in this topic

No, regens won't grow beards or moustaches

Pity it would be funny to see a regen with a handlebar mustache and a mullet icon_biggrin.gif

This was something that dissapointed me. I also wanted facial hair in Oblivion but that never happened either icon_frown.gif

i can't believe that anyone cares about this, to be honest! regens was the first thing i turned off when i bought the new version. it's so EA Sports!! they all look ridiculous.

just my opinion though...each to their own...

i agree with tjb2376 .. i can't find any sense of reality when looking at the regens, they all look like cartoons

err, yes mate! you clearly weren't around in the early eighties!! bruce grobelaar had a magnificent tash! so did graeme souness. georgie best had a beard for a bit! must be loads of others...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Apocalypse:

can u name a real player who has had a beard or tache and played top flight football?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Robert Pires

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Apocalypse:

can u name a real player who has had a beard or tache and played top flight football?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ian Rush

that wasn't a beard or a tash! that was muppet facial hair that made him look like the count from sesame street!

abel xavier at middlesborough, with his ridiculous blond dyed yeti mane with matching beard was a classic!

Beards are the new mullets tbh - Upson, Mellberg, Greening (Jesus), David James, Rooney(ish), Abel Xavier, Cisse, Gattusso, Pires, Roy Keane (ish) - all players who are current or have recently been top flight players with beards in different shapes and guises.

Facial hair should defo be included - along with that fine moustache sported by Gary Neville. It's amazing, isn't it?

George Best, Graeme Souness, Olof Mellberg, Matthew Upson, David Seaman, Nicolas Anelka, Ricardo Villa, Terry McDermott, etc, etc, etc...

Yes, dozens, if not hundreds over the years.

Mellberg has the fastest growing beard in the world I swear.

Valderrama

he had a tache coupled with crazy hair - if i had a regen that looked like him i would play every week no matter how rubbish he was

Mellberg's beard is legendary. I can't remember which commentator said it but it was something along the lines of "Mellberg is the only guy I've seen play a midweek game clean shaven, then turn up on a Saturday with a full beard"

It could've been on WM but not sure.

It's a shame they will never grow facial hair. Can't say theres much demand for it though. Only a few players spring to mind when I think Beard/Football. Santa is one of them.

It would be really cool to see a 17 year old Fred, all fresh-faced progress over the decades to become a 50 year-old hairy-faced scout.

I want the black guys with afros to have hair that looks likes an afro instead of a ball of pubes on there head.

The afros aren't even even

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ozi:

Pardon me, but regens look like gays to me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Homophobic?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dsdookie:

One of my regens has facial hair, hes portugese </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Screenie?

mathew upson as had no injuries since he gre his beard, can there be a samson like connection.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by williamshankley:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ozi:

Homophobic? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, just aware.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by williamshankley:

Homophobic? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, just aware. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Of your own sexuality? I mean, sounds like Gaydar to me icon_razz.gif

god, that Ozi is embaressing.

Olaf icon_cool.gif

I'm going to grow a nice blonde beard for his last match :***************************)