I think i figured out how to force verify in xml

ratio1618

You can just delete the line in its entirety.

However, it does mean that you will have to do a lot of testing in game.  Of course, given the state of the editor right now, that's probably preferable but long term once the issues are fixed you should go back to testing in the editor as the features that are there are pretty powerful and allow you to simulate very fast.

• 1 month later...
On 30/11/2020 at 22:08, magicmastermind124 said:

You can just delete the line in its entirety.

However, it does mean that you will have to do a lot of testing in game.  Of course, given the state of the editor right now, that's probably preferable but long term once the issues are fixed you should go back to testing in the editor as the features that are there are pretty powerful and allow you to simulate very fast.

Hmm, I can't get this to work for whatever reason. Even if I delete the line or just remove the "/" the file still appears as not verified in the game.

Unfortunately the original .fmf file always fails to verify but, ironically, it's a verified file, to which I just made a few edits that had nothing to do with the rules (literally, just a few renamings).

Infact even if I add a single letter to the original fmf and verify it, the editor complains. Don't even know how the guys who made it verified it. So I would really need to force verify it... any help?

2 minutes ago, Dax_ said:

Hmm, I can't get this to work for whatever reason. Even if I delete the line or just remove the "/" the file still appears as not verified in the game.

Unfortunately the original .fmf file always fails to verify but, ironically, it's a verified file, to which I just made a few edits that had nothing to do with the rules (literally, just a few renamings).

Infact even if I add a single letter to the original fmf and verify it, the editor complains. Don't even know how the guys who made it verified it. So I would really need to force verify it... any help?

Nation rules file?

22 hours ago, krlenjushka said:

Nation rules file?

Sorry, didn't get your question. But it's not your file :). It does involve changing advanced rules of a nation, yes. So just deleting that line should have worked... ?

57 minutes ago, Dax_ said:

Sorry, didn't get your question. But it's not your file :). It does involve changing advanced rules of a nation, yes. So just deleting that line should have worked... ?

You should delete complete basic nation rules plus all verf lines.

• 3 weeks later...
53 minutes ago, oche balboa said:

Tried to do this for the CONCACAF champions league but doesnt seem to work, It works for other tournaments 

I just tried and it works. I just used USA instead of Serbia because i dont wanna change continent.

• 2 months later...
On 28/11/2020 at 20:10, ratio1618 said:

So i just compared a unvalidated xml to a validated xml and it told me to change the following
image.png.29dec855e57e7f11e119901be838934b.png
Get rid of this / iat the top of the xml

Lemme know if this works?

Just tried this and unfortunately it didn't seem to work. Maybe fixed?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

This seems to be an issue with XML not working again this year. Have any of you guys investigated?

@ratio1618

@Wolf_pd

@magicmastermind124

@rmurph244

@Dax_

@krlenjushka

@oche balboa

@L55DS

@baasblack

@dmakovica

To be clear, the issue is if you use the export function and then put the xml file in the "editor data" folder, the game will no longer pick it up when selecting "Editor Data Files" when creating a new career game.

On 22/11/2022 at 02:10, Darth Rob said:

To be clear, the issue is if you use the export function and then put the xml file in the "editor data" folder, the game will no longer pick it up when selecting "Editor Data Files" when creating a new career game.

You could always import it and save it as a .fmf again.

Also, in regards to the topic, you can copy/paste the verf line from a verified file to an unverified file to force verification.

On 23/11/2022 at 00:13, rusty217 said:

You could always import it and save it as a .fmf again.

Also, in regards to the topic, you can copy/paste the verf line from a verified file to an unverified file to force verification.

I did some tests with this and it seems like the verification is invalidated when you import it, even with files previously verified in the editor. So it seems Nation Rules can't be force verified this way anymore.

Edited by V2023

6 hours ago, V2023 said:

I did some tests with this and it seems like the verification is invalidated when you import it, even with files previously verified in the editor. So it seems Nation Rules can't be force verified this way anymore.

I haven't tried it with nation rules yet, but it definitely works with continental rules.

• 2 months later...
Em 30/11/2022 em 17:31, V2023 disse:

You need to delete the basic nation rules as shown here:

And then just delete all the verf lines except the first one. You should replace the first verf line with these lines:

<list id="verf">
        <string value="23.0.0"/>
    </list>

I've tried to import it and then saving it as an .fmf file, and it worked. Be aware that if you change anything in the database or in the rules after you import the .xml to the editor you do need to repeat these steps, because the file unverifies if any changes are made.

Any doubt just ask!

• 3 months later...

Just to clarify, to delete the nation rules you need to delete the entire 'record' under <list id="files">, it ends just a few lines above <string id="file_type" value="comp"/> (be carefull not to delete the start of this record). Then you search 'verf' and replace it by

<list id="verf">
        <string value="23.4.0"/>
    </list>

23.4.0 being the most recent update of the game.

Then you save your xml, import it back into the editor (should now be verified) and save the file again in the editor without changing anything.

Now you should be able to load it in game!

Edited by MichielVM

• 6 months later...