Whaddya do with short players?

4 hours ago, DementedHammer said:

What's his jumping reach? I'm pretty sure that has more impact within the game. 

3 lol its in the post albeit misspelled

2 hours ago, Johnny Ace said:

Sell him, I hate short players (Messi says hi) :D

Seriously though,  short full backs are a problem, a lot of regens are short 

I'd guess if his mentals are all solid he could outmaneuver taller players 

aw man that sucks i guess it will free up a non eu spot though

To put 161cm into context, I considered Mascherano a short central defender and he was 174cm tall. I'd definitely not bother with him at CB, but potentially he could be retrained in a different role, maybe a BWM etc. (like Kante, who is only 168cm)

11 hours ago, Tiger666 said:

There's a big problem with jumping reach in regens.

True, I was looking for two fullbacks last night, 11 years in so regen time & they're all 5 6" - 5 7". It's no wonder so many far post headers are scored  

3 hours ago, Johnny Ace said:

True, I was looking for two fullbacks last night, 11 years in so regen time & they're all 5 6" - 5 7". It's no wonder so many far post headers are scored  

Yeah I'm looking at my squad now and it turns out everyone's on the short side. I've got a regen at 1.98 cm but he's an outlier lol. Here are his stats:2145538435_Screenshot2020-10-14at7_26_18PM.thumb.png.6cb0d3ec98dcecf3b884101af6339059.png

He's not perfect right now but he's only 19 and I've only had him for half a season.

2 hours ago, JordanMillward_1 said:

Depending on his stats, I'd retrain him elsewhere - fullback or DM/CM as a BWM/DLP.

He can certainly play DM/CM but I don't need bodies there now :P I have too many MC's, I had to move a couple of DM's down to CD's. I play 4-4-2.

As with most things it is all about the trade off. Personally I'd be saying that I expect my team to dominate most games, boss them with circa 70% of the ball, and therefore back that he'd have more good moments and contributions than the odd occasion when the lack of height/aerial prowess was exploited. But that's just how I see it...

I'm struggling to find CBs with good jumping reach in 2029. There's also a dearth of defenders and defensive MF with decent levels of aggression too, need to find a way to angry them up a bit :mad:

I had a young CB I inherited with jumping reach of 8. At the time he was rated as my best defender, possibly best player full stop. I got bids of £20m+ from bigger clubs but held them off as they didn't meet his min fee release clause. Retrained him as a midfield anchor man, turned out he was equally crap there too. Flogged him to a Spanish team for £8-9m in the end, very disappointing!