[FM20] Island of France - Une Ambition Capitale !

OlivierL

3cdcc1d920440f9e41aa2a1cef2be205.png

Island of France - Une Ambition Capitale !

d47cc31cd8701f77ccdbbca2e7f5ad10.pngc7771a83fad313f73c533cacf7ef391e.png

Intro:

Region Île-de-France:

4cd152fe9aa20bc7c5834eff94354468.jpg

Île-de-France (is the most populous of the 18 regions of France. It is located in the north-central part of the country and often called the région parisienne ("Paris Region") because it includes the city of Paris. Île-de-France is densely populated and economically important: it covers only 12,012 square kilometres (4,638 square miles), about 2% of France's territory, but has an official estimated population of 12,213,364 (18.2% of the population of France) and accounts for nearly 30% of the French Gross Domestic Product (GDP).[2] )

There are only four professional clubs in Ile de France : PSG, Paris FC , Red Star . But there are many semi-pro and amateur teams or youth academy schools in this region .

1452 players born in [Ile de France] according to the editor.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Île-de-France#Geography

2104a32ffb17daf589a9c4fde9833951.pngd457958f5178f60b352d20aa7f36afde.png

bbb1cffa78fc9980504c9a382e8be38d.jpg
The three most important stadiums: PSG - Paris FC and 'les Bleus'

image.png.d0c947ae30166675cc06b09cc59205df.png

The forgotten Parisian club !

In an attempt to propel the quality and audience of football within Paris, Paris FC was launched in 1969. The club then fused with Stade Saint-Germain to form, the infamous Paris Saint-Germain. However, the clubs divorced in 1971, as the mayor of Paris refused to support a non-Parisian club, as they had been situated in the Saint-Germain-en-Laye suburbs. Surprisingly maybe, it was Paris Saint-Germain coming off the worst off out of the two clubs.

Paris FC held both its Ligue 1 status and the right to play at the Parc des Princes, whilst Paris Saint-Germain were demoted to the French Third division. So how have the tables turned so dramatically between the two clubs? One factor is the contrasting fortunes of the clubs following the split. Paris FC were relegated after two seasons, whilst PSG gained promotion to the top division in the same year, which also led to their acquisition of the Parc des Princes over Paris FC. PSG have remained a mainstay in France’s top league ever since, although the same cannot be said for their neighbours in the 13th arrondissement.

Ever since their relegation in 1975, Paris FC have only been back in the top division of France for one season. The club was even in the Championnat de France amateur for six years, before their overdue promotion to the National division in 2006. So how did one of Paris’ clubs become a European superpower, whilst her ex-partner struggles in the lower divisions of French football?

Paris FC last season in Ligue 1 in the 1978–79 season. Paris FC spent only three seasons in ligue 1 (Finishing 12th in 1972/1973).

The club used to be the biggest and most well supported in the city, with over 20,000 supporter members at the time of the club's formation.]In 1970 the club merged with Stade Saint-Germain to form Paris Saint-Germain F.C., but quickly left the merger. In the 1973 season, the first after leaving, the club still averaged an attendance of 13,202.[13] However, after that, the two clubs' fortuned varied drastically, and as PSG's popularity rose, PFC fell into obscurity and languished in the amateur divisions. It is only when it reached the third tier its popularity started growing again, however the club currently only attracts in the region of a few hundred to very low thousands fans for each match.

That's right, France's capital has another club. Formed due to a split from Paris-Saint Germain in the early 1970s, Paris FC's history is rather less glamorous than their world-famous, Qatar-backed neighbours. They have yet to return to the top flight since their relegation in 1978-79, but last season's fourth-placed finish in Ligue 2 showed promise, even if they lost to Lens in the promotion play-offs. With €7million being poured into their facilities and the fact they're located in a city drowning in young talent, it might be a risky job to take but the rewards could be glorious. Their position at the foot of the table with eight points from 12 games in real life proves we might have our work cut out, however.

Paris FC invested heavily in their facilities(more about this in the next intro post) in 2019 but was able to compensate for this by selling contested striker Wamangituka to stuttgart at the end of 2019.

Spoiler

VfB Stuttgart striker Silas Wamangituka suspected of using a fake name - L'Équipe

L’Équipe have produced extraordinary reporting today that alleges that ex-Paris FC attacker and current VfB Stuttgart forward Silas Wamangituka is using a fake name.

Paris FC supporters have not forgotten Wamangituka, who scored 11 Ligue 2 goals last season. Last summer, the striker received a lot of offers. The French clubs that were interested ultimately gave up. Firstly because of the price, too high. But also because of a doubt about his identity. The Congolese footballer, who joined VfB Stuttgart (German 2nd division) for just over €8m, is unlikely to be called that.

So who is he? Is his name Silas Wamangituka? Or is it Silas Mvumpa Katompa, as the head of a club in Congo believes? L’Équipe’s investigation was not easy. Several people refused to speak, the player in particular. Others agreed to go on the record before retracting their comments. There were also some calls made to the newspaper that intended to make them understand that it was a story that was “pointless to investigate and write.”””

https://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2019/vfb-stuttgart-striker-silas-wamangituka-suspected-of-using-a-fake-name-lequipe/

Credits : https://taleoftwohalves.uk/featured/paris-fc-forgotten-parisian-club# and https://medium.com/@thefootballcult/a-brief-history-paris-fc-a06127e2572a

Edited by OlivierL
added tags for user

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

dc128201068da1f4953f6f92d0df51d8.png

Intro part 2

Youth Development Paris

Though Paris FC have struggled domestically, the club has served as a springboard for several youth players who have gone on to have successful professional careers. Notable players who started their careers at PFC include Jean-Christophe Thouvenel, Paul Meunier, Mamadou Sakho, Tijani Belaid, Aymen Belaïd and Gabriel Obertan. Sakho and the Belaïd brothers have since became senior internationals for their respective national teams, while Thouvenel went on to win a gold medal at the 1984 Summer Olympics. Manager Roger Lemerre started his managerial career with the club before leading France to titles at UEFA Euro 2000 and the 2001 FIFA Confederations Cup.

397a5f5bd43a730b6209f234086a97ce.png

Sakho opened the new training facilities in 2019

It seems for a club like Paris FC the prospect of young talent is more important than most French clubs. At the 2018 World Cup, 52 players were born in France, more than any other country. For example, Mehdi Benatia was born in France but chose to represent Morocco due to his parents. Out of the 52 players born in France, 15 were from Paris. There has been an increase in the amount of Parisian both in the French team, and Parisians participating at the World Cup between 2002 and 2018.

As the graph shows, three Parisians represented France in 2002, which increased to seven in 2018. Similarly, seven Parisians were at the 2002 World Cup for all countries, compared to 15 in 2019. What is potentially even more enticing for a club like Paris FC is the estimated worth of Parisian talent. Players from Paris at the 2018 World Cup had an accumulative worth of 483 million euros (according to Transfermarkt values- taken 5.6.2018). This is nearly triple the value of what players from London at the World Cup were (167 million euros). Although Paris FC is unlikely to have too many players competing at the World Cup in the near future, they are sure to take optimism from the deep pool of football talent that Paris holds.

34f6f60b71cb712f1fccc2042fd9bd7f.png

06dd99083576d96e70fc0b7262572caa.png

I'm going to scout a few teams during the season and will keep a close eye on them after every youth intake , below listed clubs have the best youth facilities/recruitment etc:

66da53a18887078400f86770fd2e0033.png862616b9bf0dfaf9a871c3f3defdce18.png

Facilities Paris FC

cffc0bb30e6ed9f4c70b00e0b0c0bcb8.png22c98b5cf416b8b69ecb447c3951f504.png

Since May 2019 the facilities from Paris FC were greatly improved :

"It's the end of amateurism at Paris FC, with this centre, it has now entered professionalism..." Since his arrival at Paris FC in December 2015, Pierre Dréossi, the general manager, has worked to transform the club in depth. The construction of the "Groupe ADP-Centre d'entraînement Paris FC" is a first step.

It will be officially inaugurated this Tuesday late afternoon in the presence of many personalities such as Anne Hidalgo, the mayor of Paris, and under the patronage of international Mamadou Sakho (Crystal Palace), trained at the PFC, who will give his name to the pitch. "This is the culmination of a long work of almost two years," explains Laetitia Fabiani, project manager at Paris FC.

On eight hectares at Orly, the club now has three natural grass pitches, one synthetic and 16,000 m² of hybrid plain comprising two fields, a goalkeeper's area and a warm-up area.

A month and a half ago, the club's headquarters moved from the 13th arrondissement to the new site. The building for the pros (L2 and D1 women) is now operational. Covering 1,100 m², it includes two changing rooms, five offices, four medical areas, two meeting rooms, two relaxation areas...

Paris FC, who have been making great strides in the last two years, are still in the running for the L1 play-offs and have given themselves the means to fulfil their future ambitions.

Phase 3 coming soon !

"Even if it's not going to give us more points, it's a real plus for the club," says Pierre Dréossi, who has played in Lille and Rennes. We've managed the space well so that everyone can train and play in good conditions. It's a very nice centre that's similar to what you see in some L1 clubs. We've grouped together the athletes, the training and the administration. It allows us to create a real club life. This reunification is a strength for everyone. Communication is more fluid. The professional coach can have lunch at noon alongside an administrative staff member... And we still intend to develop this site to match our ambitions.

In the coming months, after the land and buildings, phase three of the project will be completed with new premises for accommodation, schooling and catering at the training centre. In total, the cost of the works, almost entirely borne by Paris FC, amounts to 7 million euros.

Ferracci explained: “In the 10 years I’ve been here, 15 to 20 youngsters between the ages of 11 and 19 have left the club every year. Without a professional academy, there was little we could do to stop that. We couldn’t offer professional contracts before the age of 20, and we lost players at a younger age, too."

“Take [France U21 defender] Nordi Mukiele, for example. He left Montpellier for Red Bull Leipzig for €15 million last summer. He was at Montpellier for two years, and before that at Laval in Ligue 2 for three years. But he was with us for nine years – aged seven to 16. We made some money from his move to Germany, but not much.

“Mamadou Sakho was with us from six or seven years old to 13. Then he joined PSG, who benefitted from having him far more than we did. Now there’s young Hannibal Mejbri, only 16, at Monaco, who may be on his way to Manchester [United], according to the papers. Before Monaco, he was with us.

“I ate with Arsene Wenger after an Arsenal vs Chelsea match seven or eight years ago. I remember what he said to me: if you ever establish a second club in Paris, the youth academy has to be central to it, because Paris has the best talent pool in the world, along with Sao Paulo in Brazil.

“I’m not saying that 100% of our first-team players in the future will be from the Ile-de-France region, but our team will have a strong francilien (local) spine. You can’t have as much talent as we have in this part of France and let your players go and play elsewhere. Some will still leave, of course, but now we can finally compete.”

d8a7cd256956fbed35f0bffbafc668a7.png
Training facilities were not updated on FM20 . I have adjusted this after contacting the French Reseacher( more info in the next post)

Edited by OlivierL

Setup Paris FC save:

Part of my family lived in Courbevoie, Hauts-de-Seine Department.  Only about 15 kilometers from the stadium of Paris FC ( Stade Sébastien Charléty). During my entire childhood we visited them twice a year so I know the region and Paris very well. Since a few years they live in la Garenne Colombe , not much further and still close to Paris FC .

I want to challenge PSG on the long term and I noticed they were almost relegated this season, so this is a big big challenge !

Editor

9c6a50fd3dd048f5037dfc3c16266bfa.png

*Tagged all the cities from region Ile de France with [Ile de France] tag.

*Added ‘Paris’ as birth city to four or five youth players from Paris FC B , they didn’t have a birth city but are educated by Paris FC.

*Added ‘Tours’ as birth city to Paul Bourdelle (youth GK) & added ‘ Reims’ as birth city to Yanis Laib (youth GK). 

*Upgraded training facilities with ‘2’ (from 10 to 12)

=> After reading a number of articles related to the investment of seven million in youth and training facilities, I have chosen to make some adjustments via the editor.

I have been in contact with the French Co-head researcher and he confirmed to me that at the next update, the training facilities of Paris FC will be brought up to date. According to him this should already have happened at the winter update.

4cfcd26c99547369e1a72f003b554a4d.png

5a7b95ad6d6bfb0efdfd4991c38158d3.png

Rules & transfer policy

7ba1566397340086c7d111c44491bb8d.png

*Educate and promote players from our own youth academy .They receive a (YIDF+YEAR (they were born )) tag.

*Recruit players born in the Ile De France region. They receive a (IDF) tag.

*Recruit players who are homegrown for Paris FC. They receive a (HG) tag or (HGIDF) if they are homegrown and born in the correct region.

*Players born in France or with second nationality ‘France’ on their passports and already present in the squad at the start of the save may stay.

*Players not born in France, already present in the squad at the start of the save may stay but I'm trying to replace them as soon as possible.

I created player search and shortlist filters with above specifications (born in [Ile de France] or homegrown ‘Paris FC’.

Objectives

ca3f1e757f5fd61fa9251692e1debb4e.png

Next post : Meet the club .

Edited by OlivierL

6 hours ago, Gonner said:

Bonne chance ! Joli challenge.

I will keep on going in English, I do not know if this article (in French) made you start the challenge, but you may find it interesting https://www.eurosport.fr/football/formation-francaise-l-ile-de-france-le-plus-grand-vivier-du-monde_sto7745824/story.shtml

Merci !

I've found and read a lot of articles but I didn't know this one. Thank you. It's obvious... Ile de France is a pool for potential top players... Now I have to get them to Paris FC and develop them.

11 hours ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

Awesome thread so far. I am going to start a French league 2 save sometime soon. I am now tempted to do it with Paris FC but I never like copying other people on here with team choices but you make them so tempting to manage.

Thanks, i'll contribute to your new topic about Frens leagues . Good luck with your new save. There are many interesting teams in ligue 2

Edited by OlivierL

8 hours ago, Gonner said:

Bonne chance ! Joli challenge.

I will keep on going in English, I do not know if this article (in French) made you start the challenge, but you may find it interesting https://www.eurosport.fr/football/formation-francaise-l-ile-de-france-le-plus-grand-vivier-du-monde_sto7745824/story.shtml

Great article and thank you for contributing @Gonner

I wonder who is going to be first to start a post in here with a new French league save. I might start one tomorrow after work. I just got to finish up this Ultimate Manager challenge I am doing but I really want to finish it so I can start a French League save.

Meet the club :

5317017d099aaf4bcfc7c3285c5a242c.png

1f4bb8cc28c7b37071c906710563c840.png
b5835496c22d0f2fb2fa6e2422db73d9.png

e07c1dd71332847517d20fb3f0677761.png
 cf819a7ecff2029053e04c630d0dcf79.png9c2cb2a18e46791b8dc8f7e5c38cd8d2.png
Promotion in 4 seasons. I'm going to try to do it quicker.

Next post : Meet the Manager & Staff .

Edited by OlivierL

Meet the Manager:

b60c1c08594038d66049962b47070750.png
0f053092979bb76f5f8ea741e94f7a93.png
Not the highest or lowest coaching badge or experience to keep it real.

Meet the Staff:

4279ae8182528b83951945dbda8e2d8b.png
Signed a lot of new staff. Also a few English famous ex-players like Stuart Pearce and David Platt. Jari LItmanen is my new u19 coach. 

31d389e4d2b5bb11de72d6c691eeedff.png
First time i'm going to work with a loan manager.

4a119b435058c36f7ecf1c33358911e1.png
Hoyd is ok, personalty could be better.

Next post : Meet the squad & transfers season 1.

Edited by OlivierL

Found a great documentary about the French Banlieues.

"In their documentary ‘Concrete Football’ (currently available on Netflix), filmmakers Jesse Adang and Syrine Boulanouar offer an absorbing insight into the world of street football that reigns in the housing estates of suburban Paris."

Edited by OlivierL

Bon Chance mon ami!

PSG needs to die a fiery death....

I'm not bitter....I usually play with ASSE in Ligue1. Between them AS Monaco and OL, I don't know who to hate the most.

I might have to get on the French Thread Bandwagon....Maybe I should Start a CRUSADE with Clermont Foot 63. 

28 minutes ago, Hootieleece said:

Bon Chance mon ami!

I'm not bitter....I usually play with ASSE in Ligue1. Between them AS Monaco and OL, I don't know who to hate the most.

I might have to get on the French Thread Bandwagon....Maybe I should Start a CRUSADE with Clermont Foot 63. 

@Hootieleece feel free to post in my unoffical French League team guide if you do start a French division save. I am about to start my own Ligue 1 save as well soon.

This is the thread 

@OlivierL aweosme update in your thread, sorry for hijacking yours and I think I might watch that Netflix documentary you just posted as it looks interesting.

Meet the squad:

b4703ae57180345f838c2e584ca886d6.jpg
This is my squad for season 1. I had to search for a right wingback and some youth because there were no players younger than 18 in the squad.

09ecb4271df33f96f5f4088b903e68ec.jpg
I'll update this map every season . As u can see i have 8 players from Île de France .

902d9fc5b79f103e917c31eadf90e035.png
 As some of you know , i'm a big fan of Excels and calculate a lot of things. I decided my first X1 with above excel and i'll use this for future transfers and youth intakes.

22dcd9c653cf2b078e49c0a9ede6b401.png
First team after the pre-season with tags included (more about the tags in the first posts).

Most important players - season 1

e4cbeb6d0af4ef99505f8ed7f115c91e.png
On loan from Köln , He won't be at Paris for a long time..

9fbb2ba8c01f2fff4812c1a288b5b095.png
Homegrown and a good defender from île de France ! He extended his contract.

435e2f7fbfcff76755330f52600d29df.png
Former PSG, Monaco, As Roma and Milan player , he is here to push Paris FC to ligue 1 . I was able to extend his contract.

Transfers in - season 1

aa3e5db4a40f0b02b8dce9a8409e74c0.png
Wanted to loan a few players but already had the maximum of 5 allowed loans at the start of the game.

f1ff81bb9dc2a3e1db1f3b3a61fa5500.png
PSG product, played in Portugal since 2014/2015. From the right region and the best option i was able to find.

f57825eb68ed3f2364eed49868b8fe3c.png
Experienced goalkeeper from Ligue 1(Montpellier) and formed at the  Clairefontaine academy . He could challenge for the nr 1 spot.

ce172100aefa6ef7e4b41657760639da.png
No need for a leftback but he was one of the 20 players i invited for a trial (free - île de France). He was to good (and expensive) to refuse.

Four players signed for the Paris B squad because i needed some 'young' players for that squad. They were the best i could sign from my big trialist squad.

Guillaume Victor (ex Nancy) - Rémi Cabral(ex Mets/PSG) - Fabio Torres(ex PSG) - Allan Clément(ex Bordeaux)

Transfers out - season 1

2dd8469695c8a75dfe882de79d42238d.png
Nothing special. Sold winger Pitroipa and loaned out good wingback Ali Abdi . He'll be back next season.

Next : Meet the prospects

Edited by OlivierL

1 hour ago, B.W.G said:

This has been a really good write up,loved the depth to it,

Best of luck with Paris FC :thup: 

Thanks, your story is great and inspired me !

1 hour ago, Hootieleece said:

Bon Chance mon ami!

Merci beaucoup ! love to see your story in the french thread.

37 minutes ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

@Hootieleece feel free to post in my unoffical French League team guide if you do start a French division save. I am about to start my own Ligue 1 save as well soon.

This is the thread 

@OlivierL aweosme update in your thread, sorry for hijacking yours and I think I might watch that Netflix documentary you just posted as it looks interesting.

Thanks, no problem. Just continue this and your thread with great comments and questions :)

1 minute ago, OlivierL said:

Thanks, your story is great and inspired me !

Merci beaucoup ! love to see your story in the french thread.

Thanks, no problem. Just continue this and your thread with great comments and questions :)

Yeah you and SMP's career save with RC Lens has inspired me to do a French League save.

I'm 10 seasons into a save with Palermo, where I'm doing this exact same thing but with Sicily instead of Ile de France! Best of luck with this, I'm sure it will be great. Would love to get access to the editor file for this if you were willing to share it

5 hours ago, Tilling said:

I'm 10 seasons into a save with Palermo, where I'm doing this exact same thing but with Sicily instead of Ile de France! Best of luck with this, I'm sure it will be great. Would love to get access to the editor file for this if you were willing to share it

Did u tag all the cities from Sicily ? yes send me a pm and i can send u the editor file(only added the tags and some birth cities from youth players - Paris 2).

6 hours ago, OlivierL said:

Did u tag all the cities from Sicily ? yes send me a pm and i can send u the editor file(only added the tags and some birth cities from youth players - Paris 2).

Not exactly, I made a filter instead; I went into the editor and found Sicilia as the region, and then looked at what places were listed under there. Then I made a 'Place of Birth' filter in-game that covered the 40 places with the biggest population. I use that to find Sicilians, and scout Catania, Trapani, Sicula Leonzio etc. Not sure if you could recreate that exactly for Ile de France just because there are soooo many places listed under the Ile de France region, I really wish we could search by Region in FM

Edit: I also did this for Catalonia as well! If anyone wants this filter, let me know in a PM and I'll send it over

Edited by Tilling

1 minute ago, Tilling said:

Not exactly, I made a filter instead; I went into the editor and found Sicilia as the region, and then looked at what places were listed under there. Then I made a 'Place of Birth' filter in-game that covered the 40 places with the biggest population. I use that to find Sicilians, and scout Catania, Trapani, Sicula Leonzio etc. Not sure if you could recreate that exactly for Ile de France just because there are soooo many places listed under the Ile de France region, I really wish we could search by Region in FM

Edit: I also did this for Catalonia as well! If anyone wants this filter, let me know in a PM and I'll send it over

Sounds great! I am going to use the same approach in my Bolton save, as an intermediate to switch over to a youth only game, search filter with the 30 biggest cities/towns in the North West region in England. I have had back to back promotion to the Premier League ( first season now in EPL i am only allowed to buy U23 English players, season two only region players and season 3 will be as yt only + region only).  But the method that Olivier uses is simpeler and more overlooking i guess. 

10 minutes ago, Tilling said:

That's a good way but ,It does have a number of disadvantages.
If your scouts recommend players, you should normally click on player information to see if he was born in the right city.
Without tags, you have to know all those cities .
You can of course add the recommended players to your shortlist and make sure there is a search filter on your shortlist for the right cities... then you know immediately. (u can use the filter in player search for shortlist etc., same layout).
Tagging in advance has many advantages, but takes time.
I know you're safe with the biggest 20/30 cities. But still, Paris FC already has three players in the core of smaller cities.

Edited by OlivierL

Nice idea and love the level of detail 

My scouts were recommending the young striker Diaby so you should keep an eye on him seems to have good potential 

Best of luck! 

Edit - Diaby Fadiga I think 

Edited by karanhsingh

21 minutes ago, karanhsingh said:

Nice idea and love the level of detail 

My scouts were recommending the young striker Diaby so you should keep an eye on him seems to have good potential 

Best of luck! 

Edit - Diaby Fadiga I think 

Thanks ! Diaby fadiga is my main targetman. He is quite good and one of the only prospects i have :) 

Meet the prospects:

c2f8a1a1ce4aa763537069f65612f939.png
Not many prospects in our B and U19 squad. 

142b1bcbd888eaa9ad0fa923e706ca02.png

Some older players are loaned out and the green one have potential.

The prospects - Season 1

64043390602ec54d2fb71d1b009b6178.png
My main targetman and best prospect.

8549d507de3409830b3cd88730bbcde5.png
Central defender with potential and developed at Paris FC.

69267ae3672accaacc6f4b15ac652ab2.png
Free transfer ex Nancy. He is not ready for the first team.
  c3988152e063195dfae15cd640e6c6aa.png
Not the best potential but he is one of the many average prospects .

4d0f9576ddc03f5efe52ca41ee5ea585.png
Signed a pro contract in real life. I'm going to loan him out this season, should be an option for season 2.

Next: Pre-season & tactic.

Edited by OlivierL

Preview season 1:

Pre-season - season 1

8b45581a3d8fb2acfc6ed3451051e8bc.jpg

f26ba9e491745cf9a046dd2fee9d95f6.png
Good pre-season , everybody was matchfit except Arrondel (a few weeks out after the last friendly)

0100ae53d846254f92a7ec8367d8fd23.png
Best players in this pre-season. Koziello is a beast !

30c5da88e31ee425264d60ae677de6ff.png
Playing my Libero press tactic (created at the beta FM19).

dbee82b2b8211ef8f061fedff9a00855.png

264e1d656c537826bad89eb31575a861.png

Expectations - season 1

Don't know what to expect this season. I think i have a squad to finish near the play-off places. I hope i can promote in three seasons. Koziello won't stay long at Paris .. so i have to profit from his presence.

Next post: I'll post every two months . Extra posts for Youth intake , end of the season review AND if i receive a stadium named after my son :)

Edited by OlivierL

Season 1 - July & August 2019

A perfect start !

489e786045b8b0117ade7047aa0322f0.jpg

24bb1f39e0cdbd7c9ff7f58606528d78.png
Great start against Le Havre and hard fought battles against Caen and Clermont. The win against Guingamp( Ligue 2 favourite) in the Coupe de la Ligue gave me the most pleasure.

All my strikers are scoring at the moment.

6d02a896c96dfafcaf867ba9325d8c3f.png

8d55d6a71412a874af1602c66d443079.png

f2db3a7b8cabd268b76da601e833bb24.png
Adama Sarr(not in the starting X1) - player of this period.

Edited by OlivierL

On 17/05/2020 at 11:49, Ronaldo Beckham said:

Cheers for the info.

Is it possible to play as Clairefontaine as they have produced some awesome players.

i don't know...i think with the expansion database it is

13 minutes ago, Hootieleece said:

Domination...at least Clermont aren't propping up the table.

No , we fought hard to win at Clermont. They missed a penalty (1-1 score)

10 minutes ago, stefaanpeeraer said:

great start! 

Thanks , it is !

After reading the great topic  from @_Ben_

I want to inform you that I will not only post the annual dna attributes calculation of the first team, youth and youth intakes but also the progress in attributes of the youth players as well as the personalities will be included in the excel.

From time to time I will highlight the progression of a number of players.

Upgraded views and excel to keep track of the players' progress. Every season I hope to be able to post an update about this.
I have such an overview for the First team, for the B and Youth team, for the youth intake and to calculate possible transfers.  Career apps included for keeping track of the progress.

685b0b307b610d58ac004d302234dd3c.png

+ 12 in green and the best two for each role in yellow. Green is the best average for each role.

e8e46f9589027a90c6431f28378ac955.png
+ 10.5 in green and the best two for each role in yellow. Green is the best average for each role.

7f7443437965208de944e57efb213f50.png

And a new view to keep track of my squad options ( RIP notepad or paper)

88ce73d0fc8140fef9ee8271350e4853.png
This are my DNA attributes for my tactic.

Edited by OlivierL

2 minutes ago, Hootieleece said:

This and the other thread are almost making me want to build my own spreadsheet....almost is the operative word. I will continue to use MK1 eyeballs and gut instinct!

Thanks :) i'll update my spreadsheets with some more details.

13 hours ago, karanhsingh said:

Great start and loving your write-ups! KUTGW 

Have you downloaded a face-pack for the French league or are these from the default ones?

I downloaded all the pictures at sortitoutsi and a addes a 'real face' to a few real players without picture .

11 hours ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

I am really enjoying this thread, It keeps me entertained when I am bored in the office lol.

Updated my spreadsheets and squad views so i can calculate everything real fast ( ctrl + p at the squad view/ webpage / copy past to excel).

383ba5596fd46bf90df97d575a4046a7.png

Yellow = two best per column. green = high enough average.

DNA : most important attributes (see post above).

Tech : average technical attributes

Ment : average mental attributes

Phys : average physical attributes

Total: average of tech - ment - phys attributes.

Roles : average of most important attributes for each role.

The green column at the right  : best average for each player. The green row at the bottem : average per role / squad. The big number in the bottom right = average of all roles and indication how my squad is growing (or not).

I'll use this to monitor my squad and decide who should be signed after every youth intake (or signed and retrained).

acb6d380ae87bf763e24da10d8ffecb4.png

Edit: changes my calculations for my goalkeepers. They now have a technical calculation, only for Goalkeeper technique.

94a6ba85d994ae9502cb2e4952ba0c02.png

Edited by OlivierL

Wow, that's impressive! Good job mate.

As a Parisian, I'm following this topic and the one from B.W.G about Stade Français. I'm trying my own success with Maisons-Alfort (in R3 at the beginning, playable with the extended DB).

Bonne chance et allez Paris !

I really, really love the way you're assessing your squad strength. Might incorporate that in my saves too. I've once made an excel like that calculating the best role for each player based on their attributes but never really did anything with it. Might I ask how do you calculate yours?

37 minutes ago, djiwai91 said:

Wow, that's impressive! Good job mate.

As a Parisian, I'm following this topic and the one from B.W.G about Stade Français. I'm trying my own success with Maisons-Alfort (in R3 at the beginning, playable with the extended DB).

Bonne chance et allez Paris !

Thanks , story from B.W.G is great and is a real inspiration.

8 minutes ago, Timetxu said:

I really, really love the way you're assessing your squad strength. Might incorporate that in my saves too. I've once made an excel like that calculating the best role for each player based on their attributes but never really did anything with it. Might I ask how do you calculate yours?

I hope u'll incorporte it but u have to know that it takes a lot of effort (once is it's finished it's not that hard :)) .

I define what the most important attributes are per role. I put all those attributes in my squad view on FM and copy paste everything in my excel (where I specified the calculations per role, an average of all attributes). Besides averages per roles I also have the averages of DNA attributes (see screenshot above) as well as ALL technical, physical and mental attributes. I use this to form my core but especially to decide who can stay or has to be retrained after youth intakes.

51 minutes ago, Hootieleece said:

@OlivierL:You might want to add Decisions attribute and Positioning back into your Goalie calculations. 

Looking at all these spreadsheets makes my Head hurt...LOL:lol:

😃😃 positioning  is included in the GK calculation. 

2 hours ago, karanhsingh said:

Impressive stuff, it must take you ages to input all the data into Excel?

Till a few month ago yes.. i was typing a lot :( but i forgot that u can take a print screen (ctrl + p) and save it as a webpage.. then u can copy paste all the info u like, into your excel. Only text and numbers are shown as webpage, no CA / PA stars etc, that's not possible.

1 hour ago, Timetxu said:

I was actually curious what you base the 12.0 and 10.5 frontier/benchmark for the player evaluation on?

It depends what level you are playing . I think my first team players should have +12 at their best positions. Youth players should have + 10.5 . But in Iceland (IR) I was happy if one of my players got a 10 on their attributes / calculation.