[FM20] Island of France - Une Ambition Capitale !

OlivierL

7 hours ago, OlivierL said:

Yes he is my best libero but he is the only 'reasonable' left footed player i have, so thats why i opted for him.

Maybe after the winterbreak to see what he can do at the libero spot

I think he know we are watching him , in my game against Bordeaux :

Nice one! How's that Libero working out for you? I am not too impressed on my current save, while he has a few goals it's been mostly from set pieces. 

Also do you not find yourself light in midfield with just two players? 

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, karanhsingh said:

Nice one! How's that Libero working out for you? I am not too impressed on my current save, while he has a few goals it's been mostly from set pieces. 

Also do you not find yourself light in midfield with just two players? 

Libero is doing a good job in passing and supporting the midfield. Most of his goals are idd from set pieces but i never played with a 'good' libero in this formation(using this tactic since beta fm19).

Only two players in the midfield does work because the libero is joining them, the pressing forward is aiding them and both wingbacks are there. But i agree this formation looks strange :)

11 hours ago, stefaanpeeraer said:

Great first half of the season! Some nice wins you had there. Love to see the youth tracker and the % of progress in the roles!

Thanks, i hope to post the progress from the 'first' class and new intake , at the end of this week.

Kante seems to have been liber(o)ated in his new role, very good form on his part.

I've made a signing from Paris (IDF) for my side ahead of next season. 22 years old, a fee of £1.9 million and a wage of £6,000 per week secured this player. He is currently valued at £4.6 million but deemed surplus at his current Ligue 1 club, and worth noting that in real life his current market value is estimated to be about double that too. I'm absolutely delighted by the deal.  

8 minutes ago, Jogo Bonito said:

Kante seems to have been liber(o)ated in his new role, very good form on his part.

I've made a signing from Paris (IDF) for my side ahead of next season. 22 years old, a fee of £1.9 million and a wage of £6,000 per week secured this player. He is currently valued at £4.6 million but deemed surplus at his current Ligue 1 club, and worth noting that in real life his current market value is estimated to be about double that too. I'm absolutely delighted by the deal.  

Who did u sign?

This guy is also from IDF .. but he can join any top side from Europe he wants.. for free :o i can't afford his wages .

ef94bcbe3ac0971771fd79acaece352e.png

5 minutes ago, Jogo Bonito said:

That's a shame you can't afford him. How much does he want in wages or you don't get that far?

I'll name my man when the update is done :brock:

He wants 139k / month (i can afford 89k) and he is talking with Man utd , Juventus, Madrid..

4 minutes ago, OlivierL said:

He wants 139k / month (i can afford 89k) and he is talking with Man utd , Juventus, Madrid..

Ah that's a big gap and with those clubs interested that gives no chance for you to find a solution. Unlucky on that (unless a loan might be possible if he does move to a new club).

How many IDF players are on your scout/transfer shortlist?

Edited by Jogo Bonito

31 minutes ago, Jogo Bonito said:

Ah that's a big gap and with those clubs interested that gives no chance for you to find a solution. Unlucky on that (unless a loan might be possible if he does move to a new club).

How many IDF players are on your scout/transfer shortlist?

Yes loaning him would be great.

I have 1347 players of IDF in my player search screen. 1105 are interested in a transfer.

e479363f018804c87f436aafe401324e.png
And 22 on my targets list. Only 3 of them are free transfers in six months so not sure if i can do some early transfers.

Personalities & Media Handling style

f1322c95ac4e718d3315938df01ce1b4.png
Not sure if this is complete but just created this . Not sure what i'm going to do with it ( i split every youth intake into positive - neutral - negative personalties / media handling styles but i want to do something more.. like you calculate your intellingence Ben. Since Professionalism and Determination (on and off the pitch)  and ambition ( how much a player wants to achieve success) are the most important (hidden) attributes for youth development , i'm going to do something with that in my spreadsheets)

Edited by OlivierL

42 minutes ago, Jogo Bonito said:

Interesting stuff. I hope you are able to make some of the moves you want to (if budget is enough).

I hope, i'm enjoying my spreadsheets and youth intake(s) (got only one) that much that i'm blaming myself that i didn't start a youth only save because scouting etc cost me time :)

4 hours ago, OlivierL said:

Personalities & Media Handling style

f1322c95ac4e718d3315938df01ce1b4.png
Not sure if this is complete but just created this . Not sure what i'm going to do with it ( i split every youth intake into positive - neutral - negative personalties / media handling styles but i want to do something more.. like you calculate your intellingence Ben. Since Professionalism and Determination (on and off the pitch)  and ambition ( how much a player wants to achieve success) are the most important (hidden) attributes for youth development , i'm going to do something with that in my spreadsheets)

This is amazing! Good job. 

5 hours ago, OlivierL said:

Try offering him 50% of the next sale along with maxing out the other things. It worked once for me to get Sergio gomez to move to Austria. 

dc128201068da1f4953f6f92d0df51d8.png
 Island of France - Une Ambition Capitale !

Season 2 - January 2020

Derby Parisien

33778c990bfe2840b90b56ed83e860b9.png
The 4th Derby at the highes level between Paris FC and PSG.

3162db1051a57f59d5c149022588e8ce.png

d7b381abcc5605c69aee024e20606c41.png
Have to do this without my Libero, pressing forward and ball winning midfielder(s).

f6efd97d933b310a0f4a46e2d423e425.jpg
They bought Morelos and Thiago .. we have two goalkeepers on our bench :o

7300f491992f12968a29d3f08432918a.png
No chance.. 
2d97e4fe5b5c44a9dc91ad77aaed555c.png
Not a big defeat and with my absentees it is quite allright..

515f5e6b8b2186955866c22c938083ef.png

Out of the Coupe . not my most important 'competition 'this season . We could have win at Lille but Rabiu was send off in the 80th minute and they equalised in the 85th.

c3081bf814c60d15fb1c09b0c57ff35c.png
He wasn't in great form but i'll miss him..

d377fb332ffe37b262000e9f657fca36.png
Very very happy about this situation.

e47127cf9e8f78606917e00e7be4bcaa.png

Fadiga was my best player (again) .

23e31c3827dca8fcf254e2e93d9d7c95.png

He would make me rich.. but not for sale at the moment.

Edited by OlivierL

32 minutes ago, Hootieleece said:

Fadiga should go for at least twice that offer. If you were willing to sell him.

Right now he is your Jaby. The player you build around.

Also offer him a better contract if you have to.

Agreed, try your best not to sell!

24 minutes ago, WillHoward42 said:

Love the incredible amount of detail you have put into this!

Thanks, more to come. Tonight i want to explain in one (big) post what i was planning to do with all my spreadsheets and what i end up doing . I have to cancel a few things, and add some others.

After that.. i hope i can play some games because the save is going to slow to track progress of players because i'm .. not playing .

7 minutes ago, OlivierL said:

Thanks, more to come. Tonight i want to explain in one (big) post what i was planning to do with all my spreadsheets and what i end up doing . I have to cancel a few things, and add some others.

After that.. i hope i can play some games because the save is going to slow to track progress of players because i'm .. not playing .

LOL. Excel manager does take away from football manager. 

Also I echo the others - keep Fadiga! 

At some point in this save you should bring back Silas Whatshisname too. 

1 hour ago, karanhsingh said:

LOL. Excel manager does take away from football manager. 

Also I echo the others - keep Fadiga! 

At some point in this save you should bring back Silas Whatshisname too. 

True ! but after posting all my stuff tonight.. this is going to cool down a little bit .

17 hours ago, Hootieleece said:

Fadiga should go for at least twice that offer. If you were willing to sell him.

Right now he is your Jaby. The player you build around.

Also offer him a better contract if you have to.

He is the player i need to track development from senior players so i can't sell him now.  He has a deal till 2025 , but he wants to leave and play in a bigger league.

19 hours ago, Jogo Bonito said:

Not a bad result with your absentees. Probably sad to admit, but I like the signpost image :lol: 

In my game PSG have won the league, 18 points clear of 2nd (currently AS Monaco) with four games left to go.

Thanks, idd i loved the signpost :)

Excel manager ?

What am I doing ?

As you know, I put a lot of time and data into spreadsheets. I'm doing this since 2017 but this year is extreme.

After exchanging thoughts with a number of people like @_Ben_ and @Jimbokav1971 about my Excel, I started thinking about what I actually want to achieve with this Excel and how far I still want to go.

The aim ?

My aim was tracking:

But I realize and have received the necessary input that the latter is not realistic, so I delete that.

What is new?

The second last thing about the personalities and media handling I don't delete completely but I have divided the personalities and media handling styles for myself into five categories based on their underlying Professionalism, ambition, and determination and I ignore the hidden stats Pressure, Temperament, Loyalty and Sportmanship because they are less important for youth development (but for their further careers).

d89dca0d485cee6e3996dec0adcd4ebd.png

cd69c475365972a5ad7d46a4893ee116.png

Calculation :
I'm assuming that (20-20) out of three hidden stats is the maximum score.
So I multiplied 20*20 (400). For example, Slack has (1-1) on prof. That's 1*1 = '1' . With Jovial it is (1 - 10 )on Prof. That gives 1*10 = ' 10' because the probability is that he has from 1 to 10 on prof hidden stat. So someone with (1 - 20) has more chance on higher hidden stat. Someone with (15-20 ) even higher and someone with (20-20) the highest chance.  
Based on that I started to calculate percentages. So These percentages are not a certainty but the highest chance that a player scores well on one or more of the important three attributes.

After youth intakes or transfers I automatically get to see in which category the personality/media handling style falls and I get it in the right color.  After a few years I will be able to determine whether my split was correct.

Example :

Spirited bv has: Pro ( 11-17) , det( 1-17) , amb (1-20) . Because of the range (11-17) it scores much higher as Jovial : pro (1-10) , det (1-17) and (1-20 amb) .
Spirited pro ('11') is the decisive factor here.
There remains a large margin of error as the player with personality Jovial can perfectly have pro (10) - det (17) and amb (20). And the player with spirited personality pro (11) - det (1) - amb (1).

As far as media handling styles are concerned, (fortunately) not much is known and only a few really have an impact on determination, not on pro or ambition.
I have split up the media handling styles according to that knowledge.

I'm also going to follow @_Ben_ suggestion of having as many young people as possible draw to be able to monitor how the development is going and what I can improve.
I'm going to do that the upcoming youth intakes so i won't ignore players because of lower personalities .. i want to see what will happen.

And now I'm going to make sure I'm making some progress in saving and playing matches... still the most important thing in FM 😊.

Edited by OlivierL

5 minutes ago, OlivierL said:

Excel manager ?

What am I doing ?

As you know, I put a lot of time and data into spreadsheets. I'm doing this since 2017 but this year is extreme.

And now I'm going to make sure I'm making some progress in saving and playing matches... still the most important thing in FM 😊.

I agree with you there! You take ages on your spreadsheets, I take ages on my updates. We both need to crack on and play more games :lol:

26 minutes ago, OlivierL said:

92b757e80a943faf67ad7fdf5a087cf0.png
They keep on trying.. it is a lot of money but not ready yet to sell him..

I think $25M would convince you and you should send them a counter offer to that effect. I'm sure you have a backup plan scouted.

5 minutes ago, Jogo Bonito said:

Are you finding plenty of IDF players of the standard you might want to sign now or in the future?

Yes i have a very big shortlist and a reduced target list but i can't sign anyone because i have (just like last season) no wage budget space and limited transfer budget. So i'm waiting till march/april to see what i can do in terms of getting bosman free transfers.

Just now, OlivierL said:

Yes i have a very big shortlist and a reduced target list but i can't sign anyone because i have (just like last season) no wage budget space and limited transfer budget. So i'm waiting till march/april to see what i can do in terms of getting bosman free transfers.

That's OK, as long as you have a pool of reasonable players to choose from when you can afford to do it.

Massive upgrade with the tracking of the personalties and media handling (wich i tought never would be this important for youth development)! 

I hope your spreadsheet is finished now and you can go on and take PSG from their throne 

Personalties & Media Handling for Youth Development and Senior players

Yesterday i talked about my spreadsheets and about what i was planning to do.

I have updated my color schemes and adjusted my excel according to the colors / partitions below.I use the colors and in my other lists and will monitor everything. This is my interpretation and ranking in terms of personalities for youth and seniors.

eaa044cd2e3344ce12de29554a9dca63.png

b078e4ceefa53ffb3dd858093beb2483.png

7ff375733f76246b0d7c6059679c60d0.png

Edited by OlivierL

2 minutes ago, karanhsingh said:

This is great information man. Excellent work. I am trying to apply these principles in my new save as well. 

Don't take them as granted values / ranking. it's based on calculation an interpretation .. with a big error margin :)

27 minutes ago, OlivierL said:

Don't take them as granted values / ranking. it's based on calculation an interpretation .. with a big error margin :)

Yes absolutely. We all have our interpretations. Just trying to understand the game better :)

3 minutes ago, karanhsingh said:

Why is charismatic leader and leader poor personalities? I am confused.

Because their ranges suggest that they don't guarantee enough 'value' for Ambition, Determination  and Professionalism. I was surprised too.  let's see if this is true

1 hour ago, Hootieleece said:

Mercenary good for development....I get rid of those as fast as possible. Try to mentor them if possible otherwise gone. Too much trouble on the contract front.

I agree but Mercenary have 16-20 ambition.. that is why they are high up the ranks... I think that Mercenary is not that bad for development but is bad if he still has that personalty in the first team.. thats why i'm seperating youth and senior personaliteis and MH.

Edited by OlivierL

dc128201068da1f4953f6f92d0df51d8.png
 Island of France - Une Ambition Capitale !

Season 2 - February 2020

We still exceed our wildest expectations !

ae885ac046dbda301cd49d5e220816b1.png
Very good month . a few undeserved wins.

267729cbb0f764068ab82bfadda83178.png

c322b26124e00df6b57a58738850e1a7.png

ad72638a4b5c54dfcfb32230d61235cb.jpg
Romain Armand player of the month with two important goals against Rennes.

7d99402d4be5e6490aa1d50fe16f5890.png

Bad news !

784bb7cf984a0117f7fe14aa58211f54.png

Still a long way to go but top ten should certainly be achievable now and as long as I'm in European places, I can dream

85518f1261c666d9821e267a718858a9.png

Edited by OlivierL

Found a first potential gem.. end of contract from the reserves of PSG. he scores 68% on the DC role and has a good personality.  I'm requesting a picture for him because their isn't  one in the face packs. I'll  show  him afterwards 

Just now, OlivierL said:

Found a first potential gem.. end of contract from the reserves of PSG. he scores 68% on the DC role and has a good personality.  I'm requesting a picture for him because their isn't  one in the face packs. I'll  show  him afterwards 

Newgen or real player?