[FM20] Island of France - Une Ambition Capitale !

OlivierL

5 minutes ago, Jogo Bonito said:

Wow, that's a very heavy pre-season schedule :eek:

Strong squad though, good luck for your new season :thup:

I always try to do it like this, +- 12 games. If i do it like that i almost never have to rotate .

c4f953092d0841b159b05df7ed6538d9.png

ab96f647e001411a446cf421d9342958.png
Psg development club...

Edited by OlivierL

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, karanhsingh said:

I just noticed :eek:

Good luck for the new season!

How many games do u play in pre season? I always play 12 , since +- 6 editions and almost never have any injuries and don't have to rotate (off course everything in combination with right training schedules etc).

1 minute ago, OlivierL said:

How many games do u play in pre season? I always play 12 , since +- 6 editions and almost never have any injuries and don't have to rotate (off course everything in combination with right training schedules etc).

Around 6-7 games usually. Also I never have a big squad, 20-21 players max so it's not that hard to get everyone fit.

Just got caught up. I would never thought that playing that many preseason games would be a good thing.

I usually play 7-9 games and have a squad of 25-27 members. 

I try to rotate in the early season but usually always play the Best XI barring injury in the second half of the season.

59 minutes ago, karanhsingh said:

Around 6-7 games usually. Also I never have a big squad, 20-21 players max so it's not that hard to get everyone fit.

Just to clearify, i play all my friendlies (expect the last one) on instant result but i have a squad selection saved for A and B team and they rotate the entire pre season.

1 minute ago, Hootieleece said:

Just got caught up. I would never thought that playing that many preseason games would be a good thing.

I usually play 7-9 games and have a squad of 25-27 members. 

I try to rotate in the early season but usually always play the Best XI barring injury in the second half of the season.

Really suprised , a few FM legends taught me to do this, in the past.

But like always, there is no 'one'' way ticket for succes:)

I just taught myself to minimize injuries and always have two comparable players for every position.

I only play best 11 when playing the lower leagues and don't have the money for squad depth. 

I have just found that doing so just compounds injuries and creates "injury crisises" that LLM can't afford.

2 minutes ago, Hootieleece said:

I just taught myself to minimize injuries and always have two comparable players for every position.

I only play best 11 when playing the lower leagues and don't have the money for squad depth. 

I have just found that doing so just compounds injuries and creates "injury crisises" that LLM can't afford.

Yes two comparable players for each position if what we all want :) With only 5-8 games i never get everyone to 100% match fitness, but the last lower league that i played was Aldershot , a few FM's ago. (IR / iceland is not lower league since they where prof.)

031b4bf8899d8ab6a9516328262dd54d.png
I wasn't going to post anything after every match, but I couldn't ignore this opening match. Ben Arfa scored a nice goal pretty fast after a very mediocre pre-season.

Very satisfied that my whole front line scored. What a crazy match !

3e6f99e10ee363f8b91d07c10f38a963.png

3 minutes ago, Jogo Bonito said:

I would usually play 5-7 friendlies only, but we all have different ideas.

That was an exciting opening game against Lille there, not so exciting is the possibility of losing Fadiga to Chelsea. Good luck on that.

At the moment he has to stay four more years.. till 2026 . But if he leaves, i could sign former PSG Yakou Méïte(25 age), playing for reading and wants to leave them and join Paris FC. He scores really high at targetman role, but is expensive .

Four years to 2026 is a long contract, so you can decide unless the board make a decision on your behalf. As you know, I'm a big fan of Yakou Meite, and he would be a really good signing if played in the right system and role (for me, i played him as AMR wide target man in 433, just as he does IRL for Reading). Maybe you get lucky and can have both?

1 hour ago, OlivierL said:

Yes two comparable players for each position if what we all want :) With only 5-8 games i never get everyone to 100% match fitness, but the last lower league that i played was Aldershot , a few FM's ago. (IR / iceland is not lower league since they where prof.)

I play each team in rotation. (Team A and Team B) The first game Team A plays the first 50-55 minutes and then Team B plays 35-40. Second Game Team B plays the first 50-55 minutes and Team B plays 35-40 minutes.

The second to last game is always a Home Friendly against a big team (Think Man U, Borussia Dortmond) and is a Dress Rehearsal for the season. Team A plays the Match and only 2 Subs are used.

The last friendly before Regular season is a pushover and I play anyone that still has low fitness until they drop. I try to have 4-5 days of training in between last Friendly and First Regular Season Game.

It gets most of my players to 100% by first match especially the starters.

5 hours ago, OlivierL said:

Just to clearify, i play all my friendlies (expect the last one) on instant result but i have a squad selection saved for A and B team and they rotate the entire pre season.

Really suprised , a few FM legends taught me to do this, in the past.

But like always, there is no 'one'' way ticket for succes:)

Oh I just let my assistant take charge using my tactics! Can't be bothered with the friendlies :lol:

I wasn't going to post anything after every match, but I couldn't ignore this opening match. Ben Arfa scored a nice goal pretty fast after a very mediocre pre-season.

Very satisfied that my whole front line scored. What a crazy match !

Great stuff!! 

Just before i was going to sleep..

Quickly triggered his contract extension and this happened.. still 21 days to go in this window so i think he is gone..

What is your asking price for him? Does he have a release clause? 

4 hours ago, Jogo Bonito said:

Four years to 2026 is a long contract, so you can decide unless the board make a decision on your behalf. As you know, I'm a big fan of Yakou Meite, and he would be a really good signing if played in the right system and role (for me, i played him as AMR wide target man in 433, just as he does IRL for Reading). Maybe you get lucky and can have both?

Interesting I have never used that role on FM. How did it work out for you? 

6 hours ago, karanhsingh said:

Interesting I have never used that role on FM. How did it work out for you? 

He was (as he actually is in footballing terms), a beast as Reading were promoted in season one with no transfers in and plenty of players ejected. Meite has limited technical ability but if you play wide forwards he is excellent in that role. Like you, I think I maybe only ever used the role once before, can't recall which player it was for.

Michael Olise (French for anybody who wants a young attacking midfielder) is another star at the club and a real talent in real life. 100 hundred times better than Danny Loader, who really hasn't shown anything to justify the hype (FM hasn't cottoned on to that yet).

143611756_ReadingPlayers4.thumb.png.22f8567a2159fb0a837264f53c8ebfbe.png

Edited by Jogo Bonito

41 minutes ago, Jogo Bonito said:

He was (as he actually is in footballing terms), a beast as Reading were promoted in season one with no transfers in and plenty of players ejected. Meite has limited technical ability but if you play wide forwards he is excellent in that role. Like you, I think I maybe only ever used the role once before, can't recall which player it was for.

Michael Olise (French for anybody who wants a young attacking midfielder) is another star at the club and a real talent in real life. 100 hundred times better than Danny Loader, who really hasn't shown anything to justify the hype (FM hasn't cottoned on to that yet).

143611756_ReadingPlayers4.thumb.png.22f8567a2159fb0a837264f53c8ebfbe.png

Nice one. Yes I've heard good things about Olise. Anyway we shouldn't hijack this thread anymore. Is Olise from Ile de France by any chance :lol:

I'm not sure where Olise was born, I thought it was actually in England but he is classified as French and has represented them at youth level already.

Agree we should not to hijack the thread on Olise. The talk about Meite is relevant as he is IDF and apparently wants to join Paris FC. I think it would be a great signing for Olivier and hope he can find a way to get the best out of him if it happens.

10 hours ago, karanhsingh said:

What is your asking price for him? Does he have a release clause? 

No release clause , i would let him go for +- 20 M if i could replace him with Meite.

2 hours ago, Jogo Bonito said:

I'm not sure where Olise was born, I thought it was actually in England but he is classified as French and has represented them at youth level already.

Agree we should not to hijack the thread on Olise. The talk about Meite is relevant as he is IDF and apparently wants to join Paris FC. I think it would be a great signing for Olivier and hope he can find a way to get the best out of him if it happens.

No problem, just go on :) 

4 hours ago, Jogo Bonito said:

Strangely FM has his place of birth down as unknown, I have hardly ever seen that. Yes Meite looks a good player :thup:

1 hour ago, OlivierL said:

No release clause , i would let him go for +- 20 M if i could replace him with Meite.

No problem, just go on :) 

:brock:

dc128201068da1f4953f6f92d0df51d8.png
 Island of France - Une Ambition Capitale !

Season 3 - August 2021

Good start !

8bea5fa05fdf171c7d14c24661d2be4c.png

Good start, we are scoring a lot of goals.

a284b51140720885b9c641714308b5ad.png

bf82c597100e6105623821ae7cc0942e.png

2d1928b5f88aacaa4c025c11f618206d.png
I would be happy if I finish third in this group.

Player of the month !

6822d997ed0b33614d9648d505a7f798.png

Florian Ayé scored three and assisted two. He started really well, as he did last season.

9a92236a29b02995132379c9132c74d3.png
one more year.. i'll sell him for +- 20M next season (unless we qualify for the champions league).

Edited by OlivierL

16 hours ago, Hootieleece said:

Good Start!

Beat Olympiakos both times and don't lose to Rangers. Sneak a draw with Arsenal and you might squeak into the Knockout Round.

Would be nice, where can i sign up for this? :) 

16 hours ago, Jogo Bonito said:

Very good start and well done for putting up a fight and keeping Fadiga at the club. Not good news for Meite of course.

5 hours ago, karanhsingh said:

Good going and yes good news about Fadiga. I think you can make it out of that group too!

He is staying at the moment and just before the transfer window closed , the message popped up ' happy to stay at the club'. 4 more years Fadiga, 5 more years ! :kriss:

On 24/06/2020 at 19:45, dagro06 said:

Amazing thread, so indept. You made so excited for a FM save with an entirely different approach. Would you mind sharing your Spreadsheets?

Yes no problem, PM me please.

dc128201068da1f4953f6f92d0df51d8.png
 Island of France - Une Ambition Capitale !

Season 3 - September 2021

Unbeaten run continues!

06752099d7ce607cf0921562adb5d61b.png

We should have won against Olympiacos.  Unbeaten in ligue 1 but the home draw against Brest was not good enough.
50dea263f9cc49864de3628688e5234a.png
Happy with this start.

81c2265a4102ba8dd48846d0a10e7a0b.png

38fc524942eae00ec8118b61d2193761.png
Anything is possible but should have won against Olympiacos.

Player of the month !

ff8dbfdc82fb42d0b0c2d43a5d161296.png

Loanie Yacine Adli is the player of the month with 2 assists against Nantes .

Development

7d0704db06197ab29380173756a430e0.png

I receive a lot of this kind of messages but never see a change of personality or determination attribute.

Next month we have Lyon away, Arsenal away, Marseille home and PSG away :):idiot:

Edited by OlivierL

Would you be tempted to sign this IDF striker? I have a £2.2 million option ahead of season 4 as Auxerre were relegated from Ligue 1.

He is from Etampes but ironically also got youth trained at Bretigny FCS (Bretagne).

His physical stats mean he is a nearly identical younger version of Hamel.

598861329_YanisBegraouiprofile.thumb.png.757187ae1f6000b0fd8c27ed7d19561d.png1174496594_YanisBegraoui.thumb.png.d181556abec212d1d404306c6cea4707.png

The other options are on my thread, interested to hear your thoughts.

Edited by Jogo Bonito

9 hours ago, Jogo Bonito said:

Would you be tempted to sign this IDF striker? I have a £2.2 million option ahead of season 4 as Auxerre were relegated from Ligue 1.

He is from Etampes but ironically also got youth trained at Bretigny FCS (Bretagne).

His physical stats mean he is a nearly identical younger version of Hamel.

598861329_YanisBegraouiprofile.thumb.png.757187ae1f6000b0fd8c27ed7d19561d.png1174496594_YanisBegraoui.thumb.png.d181556abec212d1d404306c6cea4707.png

The other options are on my thread, interested to hear your thoughts.

He was not on my radar , thanks. I'm going to scout him first.

5fbba524630550dcaf00192df9ea2ac2.png
He scored 12 last season in ligue 2 . I would probably sign him as a backup striker, he still can develop.

4 minutes ago, Jogo Bonito said:

I think he looks like he could turn out good, I am beginning to tempt myself!

PSG has another young guy Daniel Libala who is well-rated IRL but not sure if he is IDF.

Are u sure about that name ?

11 minutes ago, OlivierL said:

Are u sure about that name ?

I'm sure that I spelt it wrong, oops! Daniel Labila! Sorry :ackter:

Here he is in Under 15 action for PSG two years ago, has since developed well and I believe has recently been given a pro contract.

Edited by Jogo Bonito

2 minutes ago, Jogo Bonito said:

Yes I just checked that, has been at PSG for a few years but may not be IDF (face is being added very soon).

1413170616_DanielLabila.thumb.png.7f2dc839287c393794e9454ac57c7671.png

He was born in Congo . Otherwise i would have signed him(if i found prove of IDF birth city) :)

2 minutes ago, OlivierL said:

He was born in Congo . Otherwise i would have signed him(if i found prove of IDF birth city) :)

Ah, sorry for that. I'll keep an eye on him myself - at the moment PSG want mega-millions.

As you know, my scouting of FM players is always very in depth, not just looking at attributes, I look at interviews, news stories, social media, player highlight videos, youth team records etc :lol:

Edited by Jogo Bonito

18 minutes ago, Jogo Bonito said:

Ah, sorry for that. I'll keep an eye on him myself - at the moment PSG want mega-millions.

As you know, my scouting of FM players is always very in depth, not just looking at attributes, I look at interviews, news stories, social media, player highlight videos, youth team records etc :lol:

Great ! i would sign u as a scout :)

80e514009f2911becbdb83c5c7875288.png
One of the disadvantages if u send your assistent manager to press conferences.

1 minute ago, OlivierL said:

Great ! i would sign u as a scout :)

80e514009f2911becbdb83c5c7875288.png
One of the disadvantages if u send your assistent manager to press conferences.

Oh dear Jose Luis, oh dear! Did he forget to add the words Saint-Germain before the FC?

Maybe you can scout Belgium and IDF, I can scout the rest of France and Africa :lol:

49 minutes ago, Jogo Bonito said:

Yes I just checked that, has been at PSG for a few years but may not be IDF (face is being added very soon).

1413170616_DanielLabila.thumb.png.7f2dc839287c393794e9454ac57c7671.png

He is my Backup Striker...has great attributes just isn't consistent. Of course It doesn't help that only irregular playing time.