This is a joke, right...?

Why are people these days so achingly insecure that they're so desperate to be "right" on a completely subjective matter?  You don't like the game, others like it, some are largely unmoved.  Does it really matter which group you're in?  Can you really not stand by your convictions and just accept that rather than endlessly argue?

2 minutes ago, forameuss said:

Why are people these days so achingly insecure that they're so desperate to be "right" on a completely subjective matter?  You don't like the game, others like it, some are largely unmoved.  Does it really matter which group you're in?  Can you really not stand by your convictions and just accept that rather than endlessly argue?

You are aware of the concept of a discussion on a forum right?

Would you prefer there not to a back and forth about differing ideas on the game here?

5 minutes ago, forameuss said:

You are correct ultimatly it doesnt matter - but it kills some time during the day i guess with people that have the same passion 

1 minute ago, Welshace said:

You are aware of the concept of a discussion on a forum right?

Would you prefer there not to a back and forth about differing ideas on the game here?

Discussion is fine when it's expressing your opinion.  When it starts to be about "your opinion is wrong" then it starts to go off the rails.  

It's great when there's a properly unbiased discussion on here about something.  It's what it's here for, after all.  But on this?  It just seems incredibly pointless over something that ultimately doesn't matter, and seems to be going down the route of "well x number of people said they liked it"/"aaaaaakshually, y people said they didn't".

15 minutes ago, Welshace said:

What are you considering to be not realistic? the match engine is my guess..

There is literally no simulation game out there that comes anywhere near to the realism this game has.. the gap is vast..  

The game is still in beta, why are you still talking about bugs that STILL exist? if you mean some issues that were in previous games and still are now.. whenever you bring out a new edition, the work essentially starts again to balance the game ( though I agree how frustrating it is to encounter the same issues again and again).

The game isn't in beta.... that ended when the game got released (18th/19th November, I forget which).

11 minutes ago, Welshace said:

What are you considering to be not realistic? the match engine is my guess..

There is literally no simulation game out there that comes anywhere near to the realism this game has.. the gap is vast..  

The game is still in beta, why are you still talking about bugs that STILL exist? if you mean some issues that were in previous games and still are now.. whenever you bring out a new edition, the work essentially starts again to balance the game ( though I agree how frustrating it is to encounter the same issues again and again).

The game is not in Beta ? Match Engine , Scores , Transfers . Oh yes you are correct in is far and away above all simulations of football but that's an issue in itself . No competition !!! Bugs that still exist since FM18 with laggy or jittery 3D , Players skidding etc

So the work starts again . How can that be ? Should not it be built on the existing game 

3 minutes ago, forameuss said:

Discussion is fine when it's expressing your opinion.  When it starts to be about "your opinion is wrong" then it starts to go off the rails.  

It's great when there's a properly unbiased discussion on here about something.  It's what it's here for, after all.  But on this?  It just seems incredibly pointless over something that ultimately doesn't matter, and seems to be going down the route of "well x number of people said they liked it"/"aaaaaakshually, y people said they didn't".

Can you point me to where on this thread in particular you think someone is arguing an opinion is wrong in a negative manner?  discussion is always about peoples differing opinions, otherwise you are arguing over an objective fact which is clearly mental...

What the hell does an unbiased discussion about a score for a game look like? ..

The only discussion is over the merit of the score as an indicator for the games value, which I think is completely valid and worthy no?

2 minutes ago, kevhamster said:

The game isn't in beta.... that ended when the game got released (18th/19th November, I forget which).

1 minute ago, prot651 said:

The game is not in Beta ? Match Engine , Scores , Transfers . Oh yes you are correct in is far and away above all simulations of football but that's an issue in itself . No competition !!! Bugs that still exist since FM18 with laggy or jittery 3D , Players skidding etc

So the work starts again . How can that be ? Should not it be built on the existing game 

Absolutely right, it's not in beta, my mistake... still early in the life cycle of the game though.. I'm not experiencing any lag so can't add anything to that discussion but yeah, the engine still needs some work.. i don't find the skidding to be massively important to the game personally as I understand that the engine is merely a representation of what is going on and doesn't affect anything really.

7 minutes ago, prot651 said:

Players skidding etc

Animations have always been a little janky. This is why I run 2D and let my imagination run wild. The text commentary at the bottom helps to let you know if a player volleyed, headed the ball etc. 

Edited by Extra Time FM

3 hours ago, Scotty Walds said:

Of which how many have posted in this thread or even logged a bug?

25,000 posts in the bugs forum. Don't know how many people have posted, can't see that info. 

The point is, that it is all very well and good saying that there is an 86% positive review score, but that is only a very small fraction of the people playing the game. For people to say that this forum only represents a small minority of people and then quote a review score that only encompasses 3500 people as proof that the game is viewed as a great game is hypocritical. 

1 hour ago, davehanson said:

25,000 posts in the bugs forum. Don't know how many people have posted, can't see that info.

Don't confuse the number of posts with the number of bugs.  For example in the ME bugs forum there are just over 2500 posts but only about 170 topics posted, a lot of which are duplications of the same issue raised.

As you said above, there are lies, damned lies and statistics.

There are people who will love the game, there are people who will hate the game, and there will be people who can't be bothered to share their thoughts.  While its nice to have such a passionate community of users who seem to enjoy the never ending banter, once again thread seems to be moving in the direction of another feedback thread. So let's take all this discussion about how you feel about the game, make it constructive and keep it within one nice thread, called the feedback thread. I think we should close this thread before it generates into something similar to the feedback thread.