Introducing The Byline

• Administrators

The Byline is our new home on the Football Manager website for original, written content that will include regular series, interviews, tips and content written by the FM community. The Byline will celebrate the things that make FM so compelling, focusing on the highs and lows we all feel over the course of an FM career and will give you more advice to help you get the best out of your save.

To kick things off, we’re launching our first series, Wednesday Wisdom. This week we’re looking at how to protect a lead inside the last 10 minutes of a match with community stalwart FMCatenaccio giving us his advice on how to set your team up in such a scenario - FM19.info/HoldingOn 

https://www.footballmanager.com/the-byline/jonny-sharples-why-i-love-fm?

An interview with the guy behind Ivica Strok ( for those who don't know, https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2587913-the-undying-legacy-of-ivica-strok-legendary-football-manager-regen ) I enjoyed reading this one as much as the one with Jota. 

I'd love to read more of these. The most sought after has to be an interview with Griezmann as he's a fan, though that's pretty unlikely.  It's unsurprising though Interesting how it tends to be the players who look forward to management (Griezmann, Jota, etc) who are big football manager fans.

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/05/2019 at 21:09, Vilmar said:

The latest post about filters suggest there is a 'Media Descriptions' condition but I can't find it. There is only Media Handling Style

Go to page 2 in this thread and scroll down to see  @yolixeya  's comments about filtering to find wonderkids

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

https://www.footballmanager.com/the-byline/seven-transfers-were-excited-about

KEVIN MBABU, WOLFSBURG 

Kevin Mbabu has long been a promising talent. As a youngster, he was tipped for big things, but his move to the English top-flight oddly didn’t go to plan, which meant that the right back has spent the last two seasons in Switzerland. Growing, developing and winning titles.

His performances there, in Europe and for his national team have shown why he was such hot property years ago and how he still has room to improve his game. Now 24, his move to Wolfsburg has come at a perfect time, mature and incredibly athletic, Mbabu can go both ways at full-back and will add to their exciting roster.

Notable attributes: Stamina, Work Rate, Tackling.

One of my best signings in FM ever, I would highly recommend him :thup:

Another very good player (and also a fullback) that can be bought for relatively little money is Aissa Mandi from Real Hispalis (a.k.a. Betis). 

• 4 weeks later...
52 minutes ago, Marabak said:

Has this stopped being updated? I can't see anything new on the website since late August.

That was only approx. 2 weeks ago, I wouldn't say that a delay of that long would suggest that they'd stop updating it. At this point, they might be waiting to discuss FM20 once more info is released about it in the next week or two.

1 minute ago, JordanMillward_1 said:

That was only approx. 2 weeks ago, I wouldn't say that a delay of that long would suggest that they'd stop updating it. At this point, they might be waiting to discuss FM20 once more info is released about it in the next week or two.

From what I can see, it has been 24 days since the last article, and 14 days before that article (so 1 article in 38 days or so), compared to every 2-3 days prior to that. That level of output concerns me and makes me think it isn't being maintained anymore, which is a shame.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Neil Brock featured and unpinned this topic