Football Manager 2009 patch download details (was authentication and update)

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm afraid I will need to jump on the bandwagon now.

I've used the 'verifier' to make sure my CD Key is correct, I've tried with the anti-virus and firewall switched off and still the same - I'm getting the "no internet connection" error.

I'm on Vista, logged on as an Administrator with the most up-to-date Windows Updates (installed some yesterday in fact), and my clock is synced.

I'd also like to mention I got the following error after about three tries, "We were unable to process your unlock request. To receive a new key, please visit sigames.com.

Error (-703)" - my attempt after this failed with the no internet connection error again.

Any help will be much appreciated, as I don't particularly want to go down the Steam route :)

*edit* Oh, and I've also tried the 'run as Administrator' option but to no avail.

Ill second that me too

Me too...how many others out there with the same problem?

THIS IS AN ABSOLUTE ***ING FARCE!!!!!

Do not have error code only the "unable to connect". Ive also done all that appears to have been suggested with regard to the error codes above. WHAT NOW?????

Is it to early to start talking refund?

Its getting silly now.

People are clearly having very similar issues. far from solving them thier end SI has decided to try to reply to 1 in every 4000 posts to help people, Yes im sure there are only a few of you and lots of us, im also sure thats not my problem, ive bought the game in good faith, paid my money to you to provide me with a working game and service.

And yet that is the last thing you should do....

Infact SI should be starting to worry about Trading standards or watchdog getting hold of this as they are in for some big fines..........

And yes i still cant install the game and yess i have made my problems known and no..... SI couldnt give a ****.

my key worked on steam but i bought the dvd game and the key does not work when i try to install via unilock (or whatever) getting the same problem all the time. 51. i do not want to download all the game fromsteam cause my connection is poor and it would 10000 years. how come that it works on steam and not normally? he? i am really p****

Success at last :)

Right, for those who have XP and the boxed version like me, this is all i done,

Updated Windows

Restarted the computer

Started up FM09

Entered my code

and Bobs your Uncle, it works.

Sounds dead simple i know, but it worked for me.

what the hell is going on here!!!??? it took me 20 mins to get the corect keycode because it wasnt printed clearly, and now i cant even get soft anchor to reconise my code. what a total lash up!! i knew this would happen. can any one give us the information we need to play the game we payed hard ernt cash for please?

My issue is like many others, softanchor doesn't accept that I am, infact, connected to the internet.

Has there been a response to this issue yet? (if so, please someone quote it) or has it just been skipped over, like I've seen for the past page or two.

For those who want to sync their clock:

Click on your clock

Change date and time settings

Go to the Internet Time tab

Change Settings

Update now

:)

I got an error when trying to do this... could this be a problem?

bottom line, softanchor problems

even if SI dont want to address it, its their fault non of us can connect we are not all computer illiterate we have followed all your instructions are are yet to play the game weve all paid good money for, iv now been on this thread for over 4 hours waiting for someone from SI to come up with something new or to acccept that theyv made a mistake going with softanchor because its THERE problem not ours! THEIR problem we cannot connect, THEIR problem we cannot activiate

THEIR problem yet we suffer not to mention the £30 and time spent!

Softanchor appears to be the problem with 90% of people on here, yet absolutely no help is being offered. I really think the arrogance of SI to put their copy protection before the customer satisfaction is terrible. This would never have happened in the past, are SEGA pushing this or is it just some bad decision making in the office?

So... I admit I let the panic get to me. Anyway, my game was there when I went home for lunch. I figured I'd see if I had time to get it installed and authenticated and all that shizz. Took me ten minutes. Absolutely no bother. I think I was helped by the fact that my keycode didn't contain a single zero or letter O! But I really needn't have panicked. It couldn't have been easier and I feel silly for having panicked.

So... I admit I let the panic get to me. Anyway, my game was there when I went home for lunch. I figured I'd see if I had time to get it installed and authenticated and all that shizz. Took me ten minutes. Absolutely no bother. I think I was helped by the fact that my keycode didn't contain a single zero or letter O! But I really needn't have panicked. It couldn't have been easier and I feel silly for having panicked.

I actually didn't panic in the slightest. After spending ages trying to get Fm installed on XP 64 Bit I know cannot activate.

Me too...how many others out there with the same problem?

THIS IS AN ABSOLUTE ***ING FARCE!!!!!

Do not have error code only the "unable to connect". Ive also done all that appears to have been suggested with regard to the error codes above. WHAT NOW?????

Is it to early to start talking refund?

RAGING, cant read the damn code it just keeps saying invalid code

I am trying to activate my copy also using the soft anchor application that loads on install. I have used the license key tool to ensure i am typing this in correctly which i am but every time i try it starts thre process and then comes up with the following error message:

were sorry but this installation of FM2009 certificate could not be activated for the following reason: the application was unable to to connect to internet. Please check your connection. for help please visit si games.

obviously i have disabled the firewall on my pc and have also got an active internet connection.

Any ideas?

Wonder if SI/Sega are having more luck then me in contacting people from SoftAnchor, was hoping to use their Live Chat system, to find out if the problem was their Activation System going down or something, but only got:

"No representatives are available at this time. Representatives may only be available during office hours. The time is currently 05:33:19."

i do not want refund.i want to play my game.actually SI and SEGA should give me money for sitting here and waiting for a solution instead of doing something else. grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Amen to what he said. This is not funny.

Can someone from SI or SEGA at least tell us they are looking into the "no internet connection" problem.. your silence is only ****ing me off more.

It's quite clear that Sega are aware of this problem - and you would have seen this had you read back a page or two. I would take a stab in the dark that they ARE actually trying to get the problem resolved as opposed to posting a reply to every single post here. Yes it is frustrating, but no it doesn't help ranting (but it does feel a heck of a lot better when you do, hey?).

" THE APPLICATION FAILED TO INITIALIZE PROPERLY (0xc0150002)" is what im reciving now!!!!!

ok i downloaded from steam and have been trying to get that 2 work since midnight! so i went to tesco and spent another load of money on getting the box version! (with a broken ankle i might add) and now after trying it 5 times (4 with steam) this is what i get!!

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How do you update windows?

Could just be coincidence for me, but i got an auto update come through yesterday, just put it off though until i started having bother with the authentication, so i decided to give it a go as those with Vista were advised.

Try on the Microsoft Website, might find something in there

i dont understand why i needed to put in an activation code with steam and then a second time with softanchor. surely once should suffice. this is stupid. i bet softanchor only has one server authenticating the online requests and its a p1 133mhz mmx, 64mb ram

Archived