Football Manager 2009 patch download details (was authentication and update)

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those wondering how to get the telephone number up - disconnect form the internet, re-install using the uniloc system and you'll have a "Phone Activation" option underneath the "Online Activation" option.

Don't get your hopes up though. I've phoned them 14 times now - 7 times it said "our servers are busy" and hung up, 4 times it said "this number has not been recognized" and the other three times I got through, put in hte activation code and then they hung up on me without giving mt the response key to activate the game!

How do I get my money back for my phonecalls, SI?

Those wondering how to get the telephone number up - disconnect form the internet, re-install using the uniloc system and you'll have a "Phone Activation" option underneath the "Online Activation" option.

Don't get your hopes up though. I've phoned them 14 times now - 7 times it said "our servers are busy" and hung up, 4 times it said "this number has not been recognized" and the other three times I got through, put in hte activation code and then they hung up on me without giving mt the response key to activate the game!

How do I get my money back for my phonecalls, SI?

What a an absolute farce! Seemingly there are stacks of us being told by Soft Anchor that we don't have Internet connections (incidentally, are you also being told by Soft Anchor that your trial period has expired on the screen where you are prompted to enter your key no?). If they ever do actually acknowledge that we have one, I am sure I am not the only one who then faces an anxious wait to see if the frantically issued patch has worked and the game will be able to load in 2D format like SI games promised it would for those of us with "inferior" graphics cards.

No choice. If i can't get the game installed by mid-nite, before i go to bed, i will just walk back to the shop and throw the FM 2009 box at the salesman - i want a refund.

wondering what are the testing team been doing??? i am sure this game and its demo had gone through various necessary tests. why release this defect ????

sometimes, it don't pay to be too smart. getting the installation so complicated, u really need a hell lot of time to complete the process.

SI priced FM 2009 rather highly, we as consumers absorb it, however don't let us absorb your mistake and pass on your agony to us.

get thing sort out soon.

I've bought the boxed version

installed

authenticated through STEAM - went fine

Got to Soft Anchor - Says im offline, even though STEAM is online and im on the forums posting this!

I did all that was suggested, sync'd my clock, restarted, updated windows, restarted, ran the installer with admin rights, deleted the certificate, still nothing! Still say's im offline.

What else is there i can do? would be nice for SI to confirm the actual reason at least why this is happening, and let us know whats being done about it!

Im in the same boat as this guy, Softanchor says im offline, tried to activate by phone, and the line cuts off.

Complete shambles SI

Please hold off trying to activate while the uniloc server updates. At the moment, as most of you unfortunately know, it's unlikely to work. Holding off will help the speed of the update and reduce the number of fails you are getting

Thanks

ben

Ben,

Can you confirm if the SoftAnchor problems are linked to the uniloc servers or is it a separate issue?

Thanks

Those people getting errors 10 and 702 703, we are updating some info at Uniloc to try to help the issue. Unfortunately while that is updating it has slowed the system significantly and this is causing these errors, as well as the telephone outage.

This is also causing a lot of the "no internet connection" problems. Please bear with us while uniloc updates

We'd advise you to hold off trying to authenticate while this happens, we will let you know as soon as it is back up to speed.

Thanks

Ben

and roughly Translated means .. "we are going to let you go out and spend money on the game, your just not allowed to play it yet :)"

got the release date down guys, so when do you estimate is the play date ?

wasted half my day off doing everything you have said, so dont bother with the "please post your specific problems" reply

I've bought the boxed version

installed

authenticated through STEAM - went fine

Got to Soft Anchor - Says im offline, even though STEAM is online and im on the forums posting this!

I did all that was suggested, sync'd my clock, restarted, updated windows, restarted, ran the installer with admin rights, deleted the certificate, still nothing! Still say's im offline.

What else is there i can do? would be nice for SI to confirm the actual reason at least why this is happening, and let us know whats being done about it!

Im in the same boat as this guy, Softanchor says im offline, tried to activate by phone, and the line cuts off.

Complete shambles SI

can someone tell me what this is please

" the application failed to initialize properly (0xc0150002)"

and what do i have to do?

i origanally downloaded the game from steam and havent been able to get that version working since midnight!

so i went and bought a box copy and guess what that doesnt work either!!!

SoftAnchor

"Get the most out of every copy of your software."

So far speaking from experience. The most SoftAnchor got out of me is most frustration, most disappointment.

I have never have so much problem getting a software to work out of the box. Not like this. Not even Microsoft Windows XP which have an elaborated registration process.

The Activation Game is listed under the new features! Don't you people read the manual?!

Seriously, this is poor. They should have got another server up and requests redirected to it within an hour at the most. Ironically, I remember someone from SI telling ME about the importance of testing servers under load to ensure they can cope with demand at product release( in regard to FM LIVE)...

Is there an ETA for the server fix?

I love the installation guide in the manual:

Installing Football Manager™ 2009

This should read "Insert the Football Manager™ 2009 disc into your DVD drive and wait for the autoplay program to begin. From here, follow the simple on-screen steps to install the game

Apart from the point it's blatently a lie, it is quite funny that they've made a mistake in the printing of the manual by leaving the This should read " there. Clearly whoever wrote it wasn't too sure on the installation instructions either.

Ok so I have walked into a retail outlet & purchased a game for £30 of my hard earned cash, I checked the minimum specifications on the box and read the blurb, NOWHERE did it say an Internet Connection is required for play, NOWHERE, furthermore this "phone activation" people keep talking about, I cannot see a mention of it in the manual, whoever has found it I would like to know how, not that it matters as from reports on here is goes to a battery replacement company in another country, an international call!

If the later is correct, and I cant say as I cant find the number then this is the massive, elementary mistake! Either way I think trading standard would be very interested to hear about a product you require internet connection to use which doesn't notify you on the box, ok so you can phone a mysterious phone number IF you know it exists, but don't expect the software to tell you this.

Furthermore you update the activation "SERVER" (Not even Servers, but server!) and this pulls the phone activation down too, just how stupid are you guys? Surely one of these is the fallback method, they should be seperate, if one needs updating the other should be working until this is complete!

So to sum up I have brought (sorry, been miss-sold) some computer software at an over inflated price to get home to find out I HAVE TO HAVE INTERNET to play one way or another, because lets face it even if you do want to use the phone to activate you seemingly have to find out the number you need to phone off the internet as it is not in the packaging, so you phone up the activation number which unless you are lucky is an international call to find out it cuts you off half-way through the process, so you re-try & re-try, eventually you give up & go down to the library to pay to use an internet connection to find out what the hell is going on!

You are by now a further £5 down at least (and this is not including your travel money to library or net cafe), you still cant play the game have no constructive answers from the support team.

So for the sack of argument lets consider a couple of scenario's.

1. A University student purchases this game tonight on the way home, gets back to learn he requires an internet connection to activate, having been unable to find the activation number he goes down to Uni to use a computer and locates the number required, at which point he phones it using his PAYG Phone, failing a number of times he is now out of credit, only he can't buy more as he just spent his money of a game. What does this Gentleman do SI?

2. Times being tight (credit crunch n all) a customer gets his last £35 notes out of his pocket to pay £5 to get to town & £30 to purchase a game gets there and realises both Call of Duty 5 and FM09 came out and he wants them both, realising he cant get both goes for the one which is most likely to be money well spent and a place to waste some hours away, only he now experiences the same troubles! What is this person supposed to do SI?

A. DO NOT TRY TO ACTIVATE, and I quote...

"bcooper (14-11-2008, 14:17) #936

Please hold off trying to activate while the uniloc server updates. At the moment, as most of you unfortunately know, it's unlikely to work. Holding off will help the speed of the update and reduce the number of fails you are getting

Thanks

ben"

So this is now our problem and we are expected not to try to activate but to wait until we have notification that it is working, I guess you will notify us using the Forum again SI, great if you have Internet, or maybe for those who don't you would like us to visit www.SIGAMES.com using the Internet connection we just established doesn't exist!

This is the advise we get from the software YOU SOLD US SI!

Where is my refund or a copy of Call of Duty 5, I TOOK A DAY OF WORK FOR A REASON, and I tell you something for nothing it was not to sit hear spanking the monkey!

Great i get home from work, copy in hand from sainsburys and i can't even play it. So mad. I guess you have your answer Si/Sega, your experiment failed, the system behind the activation process is clearly not good enough. Way to show those supermarkets braking release date. You never know they may not stock it in future!

Any update as to when we may be able to register? This is a disaster for SI. I seem only to have read negative press about copy protection on new games, and it seems that this will be added to the DRM farces. Someone somewhere should realise that the current systems do not work and until something comes along that is reliable and effective, don't bother.

A loyal CM/FM fan from the first game on the Amiga, I feel angry and let down by SI/Sega for this. I paid £30 (more than ever before for the this game) and cannot get it to play. I was unsure about buying this straight away after the patch nightmare of last year, but this is disgracefull.

SI have a lot of very angry customers. Disgrace.

Hi Guys,

Sorry it has taken so long to get back to you and thankyou for your patience.

I can appreciate that this is incredibly frustrating and please be rest assured we are doing everything we can to fix the problems and get you guys into FM09 as soon as possible.

Those of you who are getting the 'not connected to the internet' issue, please do not worry it is not a problem with the software or the disc. In order to fix the problems and our servers we have taken them down for a brief period of time to perform maintenance, we expect them to be back up shortly and I will post here as soon as I hear internally.

If you have a seperate problem please can you post the problem and how you have tried to fix it and I will look into it for you.

Again please accept our apologies for these issues and thank you for your patience.

sarah

Hi Guys,

I can appreciate that this is incredibly frustrating and please be rest assured we are doing everything we can to fix the problems and get you guys into FM09 as soon as possible.

Those of you who are getting the 'not connected to the internet' issue, please do not worry it is not a problem with the software or the disc. In order to fix the problems and our servers we have taken them down for a brief period of time to perform maintenance, we expect them to be back up shortly and I will post here as soon as I hear internally.

If you have a seperate problem please can you post the problem and how you have tried to fix it and I will look into it for you.

Again please accept our apologies for these issues and thank you for your patience.

sarah

Thank you Sarah for the update, I think communication is what most of us want.

With this in mind, do you have an estimate of "shortly", by this i mean are we looking at 20mins, 1 hour, 4 hours etc. this would just help us and stop the constant refreshing of the thread http://community.sigames.com/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif

can someone tell me what this is please

" the application failed to initialize properly (0xc0150002)"

and what do i have to do?

i origanally downloaded the game from steam and havent been able to get that version working since midnight!

so i went and bought a box copy and guess what that doesnt work either!!!

sorry, but i have to throw in my two cents...

tried to install with the uniloc thing, same problem, blah blah blah.

then, uninstalled, and tried to reinstall. no autorun.....

rebooted, no autorun.

went back to hmv, changed it for a new copy..........

still won't autorun.

anyone else suffered falling at even before first hurdle?

any ideas what do do now admin?

I just got activated then I shut fm down and now i go to start it back up it's asking me for my key and I put it in and it says that it's already in use because I have already activated it.

So does it mean that SI lied that you only need to activate once and no internet connection will be needed agaim and you won't be bothered with unlioc again?

Hi Guys,

sarah

Default http://keylookup.fm2009.softanchorinsight.com/

I have tried typing in SEVERAL variations of my license key on http://keylookup.fm2009.softanchorinsight.com/ and it keeps giving me a "Unable to find your key" message.

I want to play my game. Someone PLEASE help me out.

I installed the game fine a few hours ago but everytime i went to start it it came up with an error report!!

I've since tried rebooting computer, and uninstalling it countless times but it does the same thing! I cant take down firewall as im on the uni network, any other solutions???

ANYONE!?

can anyone solved the problem of 'The application was unable to connect to internet' ????????????

Please be patient. SEGA will update you when the situation has changed.

Again Apologies for this. We realise how frustrating it is and we want your games to work as much as you want them to work.

Cheers.

Hi,

Valheru and vanq69: This is because the servers are currently down whilst we fix the uniloc problems, as soon as I hear more I will update. To be honest I havent heard any internal time frames but I am keeping my ear to the ground:) Trust me I would love to give you a time frame, all I can say is we are working incredibly hard to make it asap

Error 703:We are aware of this problem and are looking into it, please dont forget to check this previously posted sticky for code problems: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=61131

Archived