Football Manager 2009 patch download details (was authentication and update)

Lol, I booked the day off work today getting all excited about playing this and ah well, looks like I'd have been less stressed going in! and I'm a journalist, no one likes us! I have no technical knowledge of computers what so ever and haven't got the first idea what they were going on about as a way of correcting the errors with 'cert folders' what ever the heck they might be. I might seem like an idiot but I weirdly believe in being able to buy something, put the CD in, install it and play it. This game is surely aimed largely at a younger audience who might not have the foggiest about computers and just put in and play...like me.

I think I'll just go out, drink quite a bit, wake up tomorrow put it back in and hope that what ever problems there have been will have gone away!

Lol, I booked the day off work today getting all excited about playing this and ah well, looks like I'd have been less stressed going in! and I'm a journalist, no one likes us! I have no technical knowledge of computers what so ever and haven't got the first idea what they were going on about as a way of correcting the errors with 'cert folders' what ever the heck they might be. I might seem like an idiot but I weirdly believe in being able to buy something, put the CD in, install it and play it. This game is surely aimed largely at a younger audience who might not have the foggiest about computers and just put in and play...like me.

I think I'll just go out, drink quite a bit, wake up tomorrow put it back in and hope that what ever problems there have been will have gone away!

That's one of my major gripes too. It seems that one has to ahve a degree in I.T. to authenticate a computer game these days. I don't consider myslef to be thick but the Techno-jargon is a whole different language to me. I've seen people putting up solutions to problems saying things like: "the way to get round x is to go to c\documents\footballmanager\steam\comingoutofmyears\youthicktwat and run the shortcut codex telstar kryptonite log..."

OK I may have exaggerated a little but it's all foreign to me! I am in my late 20s though so I'm probably a ducking finosaur compared to most gamers. then again, this particular title has such wide appeal that I know a lot of people (myself included) who play one game only and this is it. If we can actually get into the bloody thing!

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi,

I appreciate that it is frustrating when things like this happen but please refrain from profanities and personal attacks in this thread as it does not help the situation.

Unfortuantely there was no way for us to have forseen this problem and rest assured we are working incredibly to get this fixed asap and I will update you as soon as I know.

We want you guys to play the game and can understand how frustrating this can be!The servers are having extensive work done and is currently effecting authentication.

I will post back as soon as I hear, in the mean time please check this thread for possible steps: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=61131

Thanks

Sarah

Sorry, but that is absolute rubbish. If you had tested the authentication system thoroughly then some if not all of the issues that have arisen today would have come to light.

You should put the 5 Ps on the wall Poor planning = **** poor performance.

8 hrs and still can't authenticate a game because of the systems you have put in place. No ones fault but Sega/FM management.

Look this is so much ****ing ********. For a compagny this big to make such a huge ****up?

Well that is it. From now on I will just use piracy to get my games. **** SI and SEGA, piracy is free and I can play it instantly without all this ********.

I am sorry for them as they were a nice compagny, but this is just to much. No more buying their games, from now on I will just download it for free.

IF, and its a big if, I get the game working at some point soon there is no chance im exiting/restarting until I see some official conformation that everything is back to normal.

On a related point - can we get some guarantees about the timescale, will it be possible to play tonight? Within 2 hours? Within 1?

We were promised an update on an approx time some time ago now.

yes there is a cracked version out already - If I hadn't spent £30 today then I would be tempted

I just want to know if my problem is down to the servers or something else - full description in one of my previous posts

there isn't a working one out, anyone who claims otherwise is talking BS. anyway enough of that.

what they have put on football manager website

SEGA are aware that there have been some problems with the activation of Football Manager 2009 today. This has been due to a combination of issues relating to the printing of keycodes and the huge demand for the game

A solution is in place and is starting to clear the problem, we are confident that the issue will be solved today. The chances of successful authentication are increasing hourly. At this point consumers still experiencing difficulties are advised to leave a 10 minute gap between authentication attempts.

SEGA apologises for the disappointment caused by the problems with activating the game and asks for Football Manager fans to remain patient.

Look this is so much ****ing ********. For a compagny this big to make such a huge ****up?

Well that is it. From now on I will just use piracy to get my games. **** SI and SEGA, piracy is free and I can play it instantly without all this ********.

I am sorry for them as they were a nice compagny, but this is just to much. No more buying their games, from now on I will just download it for free.

Ok I aint going to complain about this problem as it has pretty much been covered how dissapointed players are but it would be nice if on the softanchor page if it didnt keep telling player's it there fault as they are not connected to the internet,I think at the very least get something on the screen to say it is a fault on there end.

I am just thinking of the players that maybe dont check this site and are maybe pulling there hair out wondering what is wrong...is this too much to ask?

:( well, what can I say, Sega have ballsed up big time, can't even release a game properly, you will lose alot of customers and thoroughly deserve it in my eyes.

I love FM and always try and defend it but this time Sega have shot themselves in the foot, pirates will be playing before us

Worst release of a game EVER

The game better be the best game ever ;)

So despite football manager consistently being one of the fastest selling games, sega don't see the problem coming? Yeah right! I've opened the game, put it on my PC and can't actually play the game. I shouldn't have any problems getting a refund on this should I? I bought this today because for the first time in ages i get a night in, whats the point if we can't play the game. I'm taking it back and getting the money back, disgusting. Errors in the game ain't too bad to handle, as they are usually unforseen. Sega being surprised that the next installment of one of the fastest selling game series around being a fast seller is a complete joke...

Right, I have a problem, and unfortunately I have to go out for a dinner in about 20 minutes so I can't spend any more time sifting through hundreds of posts looking for a solution, so I'll try and describe the problem and hope someone can point me to either a post with the solution in it, or give me a solution.

1. Bought the boxed version of the game, put the CD in to install (on Windows XP).

2. Chose the "Authenticate with Steam" option

3. Authenticated with Steam, went fine.

4. Installed the game. Went fine.

5. Downloaded and installed the update (well Steam did), that went fine.

6. Launched the game, put in my code when SoftAnchor asked, had the "can't connect to the internet" a few times, but then it worked.

7. Played the game for an hour or so.

8. Turned the game off, went for shower, to get ready etc.

9. Turned the game back on, Soft Anchor comes up again and asks for the keycode. (WHY?)

10. When I put the keycode back in (via the "Paste" button), it says:

"This unlock key is already active. To purchase an unlock key please visit: http://www.sigames.com"

Now, I've looked through this whole thread and can't find the solution (maybe I missed it) but I would appreciate a solution. If it is simply the case that I have to wait for the authentication servers to come back online later then fair enough, but I would like to know when that will be.

Cheers.

what if i dont have in internet connection??? like i wanna play the game on the beach i wont be able to acces softanchor and it wont load??? maybe im getting something wrong but i did pay 50 euros for this i wanna be able to play it wherever i want...

Archived