FM19 England down to Level 11 *Released*

4 minutes ago, Card is King said:

I don't know exactly Either the Southern league south div 1 or Isthmian Div 1 south central. I suspect most of the divisions are incorrect.

I'm playing as Abbey Rangers and they had no regional divisions set at all, probs why they ended up north somewhere

The current location of the isthmian leagues.

Capture.thumb.JPG.2b0d88d036ed43d76e478045d4942b79.JPG

• Replies 799
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, lionel messi said:

That don't look far of the mark to be honest seeing as Horsham are in that league and are not much further east than Walton & hersham

don't know much about english regions, but in my polish regional database when I don't know where to put regional division - I usually go for 60-70km(35-45 miles) which is usually 1hour to the 'main city' rule. The main city is usually the big rounded or squared boundary of region.

12 hours ago, lionel messi said:

The current location of the isthmian leagues.

Capture.thumb.JPG.2b0d88d036ed43d76e478045d4942b79.JPG

image.thumb.png.a5b7e738b010697486ca421a30546aad.png

But then this is the Southern leagues where Staines and Walton Casuals are. It makes no sense...Did they get to choose which league they went into? 

I've decided to run a save and give my team a load of money and see what league they get promoted to. I can't be doing my third save in that league and end up in the wrong league again!

Although I do now know exactly what players and staff to buy! Got some great players to recommended if anyone wants them!

Edited by Card is King

3 minutes ago, Card is King said:

image.thumb.png.a5b7e738b010697486ca421a30546aad.png

But then this is the Southern leagues where Staines and Walton Casuals are. It makes no sense...Did they get to choose which league they went into? 

I've decided to run a save and give my team a load of money and see what league they get promoted to. I can't be doing my third save in that league and end up in the wrong league again!

Although I do now know exactly what players and staff to buy! Got some great players to recommended if anyone wants them!

There will be some kind of overlay just to keep the numbers balanced in the leagues, especially now has some leagues could have more teams getting promoted than other leagues, I have changed a few of the boundaries in some leagues.

If you notice any teams going in to leagues you think they shouldn't let me know.

the updated file is on the steam workshop.

I have just started my save now in level 10.

11 minutes ago, lionel messi said:

There will be some kind of overlay just to keep the numbers balanced in the leagues, especially now has some leagues could have more teams getting promoted than other leagues, I have changed a few of the boundaries in some leagues.

If you notice any teams going in to leagues you think they shouldn't let me know.

Will do. Thank you. I appreciate how much time you have put in.

Who you starting with?

This was the original proposed boundaries of step 3 and step 4 (level 7 and 8) which ended up being implemented.

https://www.thenonleaguefootballpaper.com/latest-news/22003/the-fas-leagues-committee-reveal-provisional-step-3-and-4-league-boundaries-for-the-2018-19-season/

It's far from ideal as basically the league went from a non league structure of 1, 2, 3, 6 to 1, 2, 4, 7 (number of divisions) at the start of this season.  So you get step 4 teams located in Norfolk/Suffolk in the Isthmian that in the event they are promoted end up in the Southern at step 3.

Hopefully this is all controlled within FM19 based on the boundaries that are set but given the fact there is an uneven number of promotions per division at step 3 and step 4 I'd expect there to be a couple of teams ending up somewhere you'd not expect them to be.

Fantastic job though.

Andy

Edited by andydick

4 minutes ago, andydick said:

This was the original proposed boundaries of step 3 and step 4 (level 7 and 8) which ended up being implemented.

https://www.thenonleaguefootballpaper.com/latest-news/22003/the-fas-leagues-committee-reveal-provisional-step-3-and-4-league-boundaries-for-the-2018-19-season/

It's far from ideal as basically the league went from a non league structure of 1, 2, 3, 6 to 1, 2, 4, 7 (number of divisions) at the start of this season.  So you get step 4 teams located in Norfolk/Suffolk in the Isthmian that in the event they are promoted end up in the Southern at step 3.

Hopefully this is all controlled within FM19 based on the boundaries that are set but given the fact there is an uneven number of promotions per division at step 3 and step 4 I'd expect there to be a couple of teams ending up somewhere you'd ot expect them to be.

Fantastic job though.

Andy

yeah its a bit of a mess, a couple of more leagues added are being added to them levels over the next few years too to make it a 1, 2, 4, 8 system.

38 minutes ago, Card is King said:

It is a bloody mess. In the season I ran, Hayes & Yeading moved leagues without being relegated or promoted...Went from Div 1 Central to Div 1 South East. 

It may well happen like that in real life, I don't know. 

Yes it does happen like that in real life. Teams get moved due to number of teams in the league and boundaries.

43 minutes ago, Card is King said:

It is a bloody mess. In the season I ran, Hayes & Yeading moved leagues without being relegated or promoted...Went from Div 1 Central to Div 1 South East. 

It may well happen like that in real life, I don't know. 

Yes, happens all the time and it depends on which divisions teams from the higher leagues are relegated to.  As an example if East Thurrock, Chelmsford and Concord were relegated from the National South they'd all end up in the Isthmian.  Consequently there would be too many sides in there so someone like Bishop's Stortford would transfer out to the Southern.  Bishop's Stortford have moved back and forth between leagues for years without getting promoted/relegated.

Thanks for the great work with this!

I had this idea to manage Plymouth Argyle because their reserves are in Level 10. I thought I could focus on getting the reserves up the divisions with the "assistance" of the senior team :)

When I checked the rules for that division it says "B teams are not allowed to be promoted from this division". Can I just check - does this mean that if the Plymouth reserves finish top, they will stay in Level 10 and the team placed second will go up?

Are there any other teams with reserve teams that could be promoted all the way to the top?

11 minutes ago, chucklechuck said:

Thanks for the great work with this!

I had this idea to manage Plymouth Argyle because their reserves are in Level 10. I thought I could focus on getting the reserves up the divisions with the "assistance" of the senior team :)

When I checked the rules for that division it says "B teams are not allowed to be promoted from this division". Can I just check - does this mean that if the Plymouth reserves finish top, they will stay in Level 10 and the team placed second will go up?

Are there any other teams with reserve teams that could be promoted all the way to the top?

Nope, there are rules in place to stop this. The same in Spain. 

That is why the link ‘parent clubs’ was created 

1 hour ago, Card is King said:

I’m struggling with finances on this save. ‘Other’ is killing me. Only two weeks in and £26k has gone on ‘other’

Anyone had the same trouble? Or know how to stop it? 

i'm not even clear on what goes into "other"

I really like the file but I’m hoping someone would make a modification for me since I have no clue how. I want to play as hashtag United but the founded date is blank and the rep is probably lower than it should given their real world notoriety. I know it doesn’t bother most, but for me it’s the details. Would anyone be willing to 

2 hours ago, jcp1417 said:

I really like the file but I’m hoping someone would make a modification for me since I have no clue how. I want to play as hashtag United but the founded date is blank and the rep is probably lower than it should given their real world notoriety. I know it doesn’t bother most, but for me it’s the details. Would anyone be willing to 

Its very easy to do. Open the editor file and click the database tab.

Open up clubs and search for hastag. Change there year of formation and reputation then save it and your good to go.

4 hours ago, jcp1417 said:

Using Dan'd db I started in the same league as Hashtag. I used the pre-game editor to do as LM said; in the first season they finished above me, but in the second as I won promotion, they finished last!!

11 hours ago, Card is King said:

I’m struggling with finances on this save. ‘Other’ is killing me. Only two weeks in and £26k has gone on ‘other’

Anyone had the same trouble? Or know how to stop it? 

This is a common problem with edited databases. I have always had this problem with the World League's I created and had to compensate for millions being spent on "other" by awarded prize fees e.g. for winning or drawing, or just participating, in a game. And/or increasing prize money for competitions and where teams finish in the league.

9 hours ago, lionel messi said:

Ive not lost that much. Im about 6k in the red.

Usually I make between £10k-£20k a month if I can get my U23's and U18's playing friendlies against bigger clubs. Not to mention squeezing friendlies in pre-season and during the season.

20 minutes ago, Card is King said:

Usually I make between £10k-£20k a month if I can get my U23's and U18's playing friendlies against bigger clubs. Not to mention squeezing friendlies in pre-season and during the season.

A big issue, though, is that the AI teams are not doing this. So you can end up with most lower league teams in debt.

On 11/12/2018 at 03:37, lionel messi said:

Quick questions; was the file in the first post updated with the regional change?

Also, I am editing in a created team in Level 10 and wanted to know what I should put for Player and Staff contract types; non-contract or part time? Or just leave it blank? 

Thanks for the update!

Edited by pebsykid

2 hours ago, pebsykid said:

Quick questions; was the file in the first post updated with the regional change?

Also, I am editing in a created team in Level 10 and wanted to know what I should put for Player and Staff contract types; non-contract or part time? Or just leave it blank? 

Thanks for the update!

I dont think i have updated the file on the 1st post but i will do soon. But the file has been updated on the steam workshop.

Not sure about contracts. I just left them as they were when i created the database.

Hello mate, The file isn't appearing in my game (or the pre game editor) I add files every year so I know how to add them but have never had this happen before :seagull: 

Anyone else? Eager to get stuck in haha.

10 minutes ago, calcal said:

Hello mate, The file isn't appearing in my game (or the pre game editor) I add files every year so I know how to add them but have never had this happen before :seagull: 

Anyone else? Eager to get stuck in haha.

Sorted it, it was my end!

Database looks great! Bravo :applause:

7 minutes ago, lionel messi said:

I didn't know this had happened, I will fix it.

You may want to check if the finals are taking place at Wembley for FA Cup, Vase and Trophy. This needs to be set in fixture dates cause it seems to be set to Home (this is a problem with the advanced editor)

1 hour ago, lionel messi said:

is there a way of putting the fa cup back in? because doing the history some of the winners teams are not in the database

Open the file in the editor, click on "Database Changes",  in the Database Table find the entry for when the FA Cup was deleted, remove that change and the click "Reload Database and Apply undeleted changes", then obviously you'll need to replace the "new" FA Cup competition in England->Competitions and the rules you created with the original one.

New update coming soon to fix a few things.

FA Cup history now added

FA Cup Semi-Final/Final ties now played at Wembley, they was using the home stadium.

Winners of the FA Cup now qualify for the Europa League.

FA Trophy/FA Vase Finals now played at Wembley, they was using the home stadium.

Reserve teams denied from entering FA Competitions.

Local cup finals now played at neutral ground, they was using home stadium.

Southern League Division 1 South playoffs fixed, They was not taking place due to an error in one of the rules so no possible promotion from that league was happening.

Reserve Teams reputations reduced in Level 10 to the same as the rest of the teams.

Euro Cup name changed to Europa League.

Champions Cup name changed to Champions League.

Club World Championship name changed to World Club Cup.

Edited by lionel messi

Wow this looks great! Appreciate all the hard work.

Looking forward to getting FM19 for Christmas and giving this database a go. Most likely be starting in Level 7 or 8 tier and see how far I can get.

Edited by Dan_987

Glad you found your glitches :)

I did do a little play while file was getting ironed out, and personally found that clubs were very stagnant in their signings of both players & staff.  For example there were stacks and stacks of clubs advertising for a Manager/Chief Scout/Chief Physio, even three or  four games into the season.  I meanwhile was kicking up a storm and grabbing what I felt was a massive advantage by bringing players in for trials, and basically cherry picking the available player base.

I'm thinking of playing a holiday manager for a season (or two)  before starting out. By starting in season 2019/20 or 2020/21 all the teams should hopefully be fleshed out with staff which then should give my game with a more even starting platform. I just have to hope the club I want to Manager doesn't get promoted (or relegated) from Level 10 in that first or second year.

Edited by Taipan