[FM18] San Marin-oh no, not him again...

Bedese

2 hours ago, oriole01 said:

You ever had a guy with Argentine second nationality before? That sure looks exotic for San Marino.

Actually weirdly common! I've never quite worked out what the link is (or if I have I've forgotten it :lol:) but yeah, we usually get a fair few through! One of the best technical players we ever had was called Claudio Lopez, definitely was more Argentinian than Sammarinese with his talent ;) 

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Jupjamie said:

Actually weirdly common! I've never quite worked out what the link is (or if I have I've forgotten it :lol:) but yeah, we usually get a fair few through! One of the best technical players we ever had was called Claudio Lopez, definitely was more Argentinian than Sammarinese with his talent ;) 

It's probably that you're surrounded by Italy, strong Argie/Italian heritage there, wouldn't be completely unrealistic for the odd family to move to San Marino. Or some lad that couldn't get a chance at the younger ages in Italy move across and try to get noticed.

8 hours ago, BoxToBox said:

It's probably that you're surrounded by Italy, strong Argie/Italian heritage there, wouldn't be completely unrealistic for the odd family to move to San Marino. Or some lad that couldn't get a chance at the younger ages in Italy move across and try to get noticed.

Didn't know that about Italy and Argentina, cheers!

0171565f62acf3be865879c5d04f5407.png

Our squad still isn't deep enough to make a proper assault on the league, and I doubt it'll be next year, either. As soon as we get a couple of injuries, we're toast. The next intake or two should fill out our squad nicely and make us real contenders.

14 ore fa, Jupjamie ha scritto:

Well, in actual irl national team there are two Argentina-born players (Hirsch and Rinaldi), whose families have Sanmarinese heritage.

San Marino was land of emigration until 60s/70s and many (for their size of course) Sanmarinese moved abroad, not only Italy, but also U.S.A. (Detroit area), France or Argentina

6 hours ago, Jupjamie said:

0171565f62acf3be865879c5d04f5407.png

Our squad still isn't deep enough to make a proper assault on the league, and I doubt it'll be next year, either. As soon as we get a couple of injuries, we're toast. The next intake or two should fill out our squad nicely and make us real contenders.

The man of the match wasn't even a member of the first team! :D 

Season Review

League:

3d5d10abdf8cf5f94fb81bb8a3488399.png

df20e76cc8f47359ce0462a1b97abc3d.png

We had an absolute storming season, but we blew the Playoffs. La Fiorita are an absolute force.

Cup:

1a065eb608a3d42813e1fd89435e11b3.png

Winners!

Squad:

c5b149b237eb537f400fada3acf25dd6.png

Other Teams: La Fiorita lost 5-0 to Legia from Poland in the CL 1st Qualifying Round. Juvenes Dogana lost 3-0 to Kairat from Kazakhstan, Murata lost 8-0 to Hadjuk from Croatia and Domagnano lost 7-0 to Rangers from Scotland in the EL 1st Qualifying Round.

Next year: Can we finally topple La Fiorita in the league?

46 minutes ago, Pompeyboyz said:

I have seen training drop from top level and need to be redone to get to top.  Could be happening with your YR

Entirely feasible, I was thinking along the same lines. I guess we'll see how long it goes on for :lol: 

Here's the league table for this year:

6e6ecf4082158b6771f51382dc54c79c.png

Both those losses came against La Fiorita (3-2 and 5-2).

Here's the league table for last year:

059e7ca60aafb4049f7dbd83430071cf.png

One of those losses was against La Fiorita (2-0). Because we were in the other division, we only played them once.

If you combine the last two seasons, our record is:

P41, W33, D4 , L4. 

If you take out the La Fiorita games:

P38, W33, D4, L1.

We've lost one league game in the past two years that wasn't to La Fiorita. That's title contending form - only, to get the title, we'd need to beat La Fiorita. Here's our recent record in crunch time against La Fiorita:

2023/2024: 3-2 loss to La Fiorita in the cup Quarter Final.

2024/2025: 2-0 loss to La Fiorita in the cup Quarter Final, 2-0 loss to La Fiorita to knock us out the Playoffs.

2025/2026: We beat them 2-1 in the cup final! They then beat us 3-1 in the Playoffs.

This year:

We stormed through the cup until we met La Fiorita in the final, where:

a9d2c4a163686c8598d2661727492cfe.png

We were still in the Playoffs though, and beat Pennarossa, Virtus and then scraped past La Fiorita in extra time to set up a rematch with La Fiorita in the final. Could we win the league for the first time in history?

686247e7996a77e76ec28fce821e7cd7.png

They're an absolute juggernaut. I've never played in a country like this before. We're so far ahead of every other team it's barely even competitive, but then La Fiorita are equally as far ahead of us! Catching up to them is going to be one hell of a task...

1aeb24139c17db008165ccb9f708212d.png

And just in case you needed a reminder:

47cd3fe2dfcb41a1e5c63b2f624dc735.png

They did this in a league game.

3 minutes ago, Fer Fuchs Ake said:

Jesus, he's good. 15 finishing and 13 acceleration in San Marino. Recipe for success.

Easy to see why he's bagging more than one a game! They've got a load of rejects from Italy who are just a cut above the rest of the league. 

2 hours ago, Sheriff7 said:

Congrats for reach 2nd quilifier mate..La Fiorita looks too strong there..:lol:How are their results in Europe??

Good question!

They've never won a CL Qualifier, but they've done pretty well in the EL Qualifiers after they drop out of the CL - and this year they had their best run yet:

391f85e4cda70639fbb3618534ac60e7.png

We've never had an AI managed team come one game away from a European Group stage before. The Sammarinese teams seem to be faring a lot better in Europe this year, and that run is the best we've seen yet :D 

Archived