[FM18] Club Overview Panel

D_LO_

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/11/2017 at 19:18, bluestillidie00 said:

Good work man, this is what I went with!

00z67pL.png

@bluestillidie00 I am trying to get my sidebar to have the gradient effect that you have produced here. I am not too good at editing graphics in photoshop so I was wondering if you could send me the paper.png file that you used for your sidebar here. Thanks

hi guys! I'm trying to do my skin by mixing some of the awesome work you already did, and I would like to include the chairman into the key employees container, as shown in the image. Is this possible? Does anybody know what is the id to utilize? Thanks!

Immagine.jpg

On 11/13/2017 at 02:32, D_LO_ said:

3rd Update

club_overview_files.rar

or

http://www.mediafire.com/file/08hfeb1ya9022m3/club_overview_files.rar

Metallic logos interfere with city pics (so use an alternative) which also needs to be the vitrex city pic pack.

Awesome work, DLO has to revamp it a bit to fit my skin, but looks great,

Now to work out how to stretch the pitch horizontally only to fit the box, .... any ideas anyone? 

5a0cde37d2bd9_ManchesterCity_Profile-2.thumb.png.b88047a1595bb32b278801f0c8139778.png

18 minutes ago, wkdsoul said:

Awesome work, DLO has to revamp it a bit to fit my skin, but looks great,

Now to work out how to stretch the pitch horizontally only to fit the box, .... any ideas anyone? 

5a0cde37d2bd9_ManchesterCity_Profile-2.thumb.png.b88047a1595bb32b278801f0c8139778.png

which panel do I edit for the pitch? Mine needs darker text/a background or the roles removing...

Screen Shot 2017-11-15 at 00.31.21.png

On 13/11/2017 at 02:32, D_LO_ said:

3rd Update

I think this will be the version that I'll be using but I remain open to suggestions/alternatives for now... 

Just extract file directly into your skin and over-write any files when prompted. It should be fairly self explanatory.

(as already mentioned the stadium pics and city pics are a separate download)

Untitled.png

club_overview_files.rar

or

http://www.mediafire.com/file/08hfeb1ya9022m3/club_overview_files.rar

Metallic logos interfere with city pics (so use an alternative) which also needs to be the vitrex city pic pack.

This is awesome D_LO_ - it's exactly the look I'm after ! I downloaded your files, and I thank you for them... sadly it doesn't quite turn out like yours, in spite of numerous attempts:

5a0d98056bb7d_ScreenShot11-16-17at01_22PM.thumb.GIF.120d863157c5e0d49d6649c288c9e429.GIF

It's all squished on the right! Can anyone tell me how I'm screwing up please?

So close! At least the pretty pictures are visible now...!  We just appear to have a squeeze on the left side this time...

Sorry D_LO_, no doubt you have better things to be doing than going around in circles with me.. :(

19 minutes ago, D_LO_ said:

You will need to reduce the default_width value on line 7:

<container class="vertical_adaptive_container" id="left" default_width="400" inset="0" offset="0" >

Changed from '400' to '100'

19 minutes ago, D_LO_ said:

Reduce the default_width value on line 48:

<container class="vertical_adaptive_container" inset="0" offset="0" default_width="600" >

Changed from '600' to '300'

Screen Shot 11-16-17 at 02.17 PM.GIF

1 hour ago, D_LO_ said:

If you want the selector panel next to the city pic out (what you describe as contract box) I can advise. I can see how that might cause issues too. 

I have scaled everything to how I like now - it was such a success that I even tried to add 'starting 11' back in, but it was indeed causing problems! So I've just left it out... I'm happy anyway!

The only slight annoyance is the middle column is a bit bare wihout the starting11 panel, as the stadium pic won't use the space. No biggy though.                                                                        

Screen Shot 11-16-17 at 03.58 PM.GIF

Thanks D_LO_! It's getting exciting now - that looks so much better now!  The new selector panel is greyed out, that's the only issue (and a small one at that)5a0dbd619001d_ScreenShot11-16-17at04_23PM.thumb.GIF.9fd72b02e3dbe25cea2617bbe94f2350.GIF                                                                                                                      

On 15/11/2017 at 18:20, D_LO_ said:

If it was me, I'd extract the base files (particularly the panels, have a look at the guide on resource archiver at top of forum or use search function in forum to find if this is an alien concept to you). 

I would then search the extracted panels for a relevant term, i.e. chairman (there's numerous methods but good old fashioned windows explorer always helps me). Or if I knew a panel in which it appeared have a look within that code. I'd then try any associated IDs, I don't know if it would work though... IDs are only compatible with some pages. 

thanks! unfortunately i've tried a bit of everything but it seems that nothing works :(

5 hours ago, adjs88 said:

Okay! Done! Happy! 

My efforts for a 1366x768 resolution laptop! Thank you for all your help D_LO_ - you are brilliant!

5a0ddfb3e3256_ScreenShot11-16-17at06_53PM.thumb.GIF.6d26500eab64021f0628733b97bf9134.GIF

If anyone would like this on low res too, let me know and I'll share D_LO_'s awesome files that I butchered/modded!

I'd be interested as not had time to edit for my low res yet

On 11/16/2017 at 14:01, adjs88 said:

Okay! Done! Happy! 

My efforts for a 1366x768 resolution laptop! Thank you for all your help D_LO_ - you are brilliant!

5a0ddfb3e3256_ScreenShot11-16-17at06_53PM.thumb.GIF.6d26500eab64021f0628733b97bf9134.GIF

If anyone would like this on low res too, here are D_LO_'s awesome files that I butchered/modded:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/l1cqnl5554qwbzq/low res club info.rar

On 11/16/2017 at 14:01, adjs88 said:

Okay! Done! Happy! 

If anyone would like this on low res too, here are D_LO_'s awesome files that I butchered/modded:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/l1cqnl5554qwbzq/low res club info.rar

Awesome work! One little problem i have is you can't really see the name of the countries in the player column. How do i change that? Be it get it show, or delete it so it just shows the flag?

image.thumb.png.1dacc59f8b88152097c8ec94a6af720a.png

34 minutes ago, D_LO_ said:

The easiest thing would be to disable the icon (flag), line 43 of person snapshot club overview, i.e. true to false. 

Alternatives would get a little unnecessarily complicated, i.e. looking for alternative widget_classes and possibly altering layout. Not really worth the effort imo. 

BTW if you're not already aware... re. your city pic and the logo, that's the metallic logo pack you have installed interfering, you need to use an alternative logo pack. 

When i open that file it doesn't have that many lines, certainly not 43, and when i search for flag nothing is found.

11 minutes ago, D_LO_ said:

Use notepad++, free software, if necessary it gives line numbers (you really should be using appropriate software if you want to skin and when following line instructions, like what I've given, they will be numbered in such a program. I'm not expecting you to literally count them, regardless I don't know how the xml will appear in less appropriate programs).

You seem to doubt me though so just to be clear, I created this panel :lol:

My mod. has been customised for low res. but the panel in question hasn't been touched (person snapshot club overview...just to make sure you've got the right one). 

...and like I said disable the icon (I just put flag in brackets so you would know what I was referring to when saying icon)  So you're looking for something like icon_enabled or along those lines just change 'true' to 'false'. 

Thank you very much! I found "icon enabled" and it's got rid of the flag.

I didn't mean to come aross rude, apologies!

I've used the panels in the opening post with the default base skin and cannot get stadium pictures to appear.

I'm using a 3840x2160 (4K) screen resolution.

Can anyone please help? I've read through this topic and found nothing to aid my issue.

EDIT: I hadn't created the 'club' folder in the panels section. I know it has been said, but I would put emphasis on the need to create this folder.

Anyone willing to upload their panels being used on a 4K screen?

7 minutes ago, steveyisatard said:

How would I alter the size of the section titles?

Have a look in the base thread at the top of the page, its the subsection box, i asked mike the same the other day. he posts the graphic adddress

Can't work out why the honours title isn't showing correctly :/

Code is the same as for the other subsection boxes in that column.

Screen Shot 2017-11-26 at 00.46.47.png

EDIT: Now I've got the title in both places, can't get rid of it from the trophies widget so it just displays on the subsection box header.

10 minutes ago, D_LO_ said:

The subsection container for the trophies is presumably already within that panel (it's called something like team honours container panel but I haven't needed to touch this so haven't needed to edit the game file at all or even look at it). It's a safe assumption though because I haven't needed to add a container for it in the club overview, it's merely a widget, so everything is clearly contained already and requires little work. You may want to have a look at my download even if you don't want to use it's there. 

It looks like you've got unnecessary containers. 

Transplanted your trophy code into my panel and worked a charm.

On 20-11-2017 at 00:43, D_LO_ said:

Have you installed the right picture pack? Everything is already mentioned in bold on the  download post. 

I had no logo pack installed

On 20-11-2017 at 05:03, turgi said:

I did. Downloaded a different logo pack.

Which did you use?

Only thing what working for me was using a background pack,  then it shows the city's. But i dont like the backgrounds pack

On 27/11/2017 at 02:50, D_LO_ said:

In the club overview panel... get notepad++ (free software) ...cut the snapshot selector 1, line 36-51 and swap it with the stadium coding, line 113-147 in the default files but be prepared to play around with these two's container heights. Swapping the height values around should in theory do it...

The stadium pic. mod. is obviously in the first post, I don't think it differs much from the default files and the guidance above but be prepared to use a bit of license if necessary.

Thank you mate, some reason I still can't get it to work, sizing is all off. 

1 hour ago, The Good Rebel said:

Thank you mate, some reason I still can't get it to work, sizing is all off. 

Hmmm fiddled around some more and now I'm getting a parsing error upon loading the game - 'no element found at 147'. What I did was switched the coding between the two, so 113-147 was in place of 36-51 and vice versa, is that correct? Or should I literally just cut out line 36-51 and put 113-147 in its place?

Sorry for all this I am new to skinning and absolutely useless at it :lol: but haven't found another panel view I like yet, I like to keep my overview simple but showing a sizeable stadium pic if possible!

4 hours ago, D_LO_ said:

There was never any doubt you'd have to play with the container heights. 

Look out for height values on line 34, 37 (prior to your amendment), 54 & 72 for the middle column.

90,102 & 114 (prior to you amendment) for the last column.

Everything should clearly be labeled so you can see what height relates to what part and change as appropriate. I'd recommend doing one at a time so you can see the effect and understand the principles.

EDIT: In response to second message...You've not closed the code correctly, or there's something off somewhere in the coding, can be something big or just a letter or symbol out of place. Just for some context it's very common and part and parcel of skinning, I must have had the error at least 50 times already this year through carelessness. 

Unless you can identify it, start over. From past experience trying to advise on this is a thankless task over a forum so trust me when I say it's probably the easiest solution to cut your loses if 'undo' isn't an option. 

Well after much fiddling I have finally got this, which is more or less what I wanted to begin with. My only minor gripe is that I sometimes like to play on 125% zoom, but the kits appear too big when I do. However I can live with that! Thank you for all the advice and help. Much appreciated. 

Untitled.png

43 minutes ago, mastelli said:

hi guys! it's me again. I've almost finished my work on my personal overview panel, but I was wondering if it is possible to delete the three bars under the shirts. Thanks!

20171129203231_1.jpg

Yes, club overview kits panel.  delete the relevant widget codes

12 minutes ago, mastelli said:

man, it was the easiest thing to do in the whole panel, I don't know how I've missed it. Thank you very much!

no worries, i take it out every year. :D like the overview great work.

thanks, it is the first year that I've tried to do something on my own. I'm also trying to edit the personal overview panel, I would like to insert some sort of sticker graphic. The job is not done yet: do you know how to distribute the name on two lines? In the xml file I found

<widget class="person_button" dslk="true" font="title" spec="semi_bold,can_scale" size="15" alignment="top,centre,can_scale" multiline="true" >

So the multiline option should be activated but the name goes on one single line. Do I have to create a small container or something?

20171130001929_1.jpg

1 minute ago, mastelli said:

thanks, it is the first year that I've tried to do something on my own. I'm also trying to edit the personal overview panel, I would like to insert some sort of sticker graphic. The job is not done yet: do you know how to distribute the name on two lines? In the xml file I found

<widget class="person_button" dslk="true" font="title" spec="semi_bold,can_scale" size="15" alignment="top,centre,can_scale" multiline="true" >

So the multiline option should be activated but the name goes on one single line. Do I have to create a small container or something?

20171130001929_1.jpg

Auto_size="horizontal" i think off the top of my head, with a narrower container. 

9 saat önce, mastelli said:

20171130001929_1.jpg

hey bro could you share ur skin pls ? i like light skins.

16 ore fa, wkdsoul ha scritto:

Auto_size="horizontal" i think off the top of my head, with a narrower container. 

hi again, I don't know if this is the right thread to continue this discussion, if not I'll start it in another one. Anyway, this is my situation now about the multiline problem:

<container class="bordered_box" appearance="" >
    <widget class="person_button" dslk="true" font="text" auto_size="horizontal" size="14" spec="semi_bold,can_scale" colour="black" alignment="top,centre,can_scale" multiline="true">
                <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="bottom" inset="65" />
            <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="left" inset="70" />
        <record id="object_property">
            <list id="get_properties">
                <record>
                    <integer id="get_property" value="objt"/>
                    <integer id="set_property" value="valu"/>
                                                </record>
                                            </list>
                                        </record>
                                    </widget>
                            </container>

With this code the result is what you see on the picture I've posted before. Assuming that the problem is the container, the problem is that I don't know how to make a smaller container, I tried to add witdh="xx" or height="xx" or something like maximum or minimum height or width but nothing change. Some days ago I was messing up with the code and I was able to put the text in two lines, but I didn't save and I have no idea of what I was doing - so at least it is possible to get the text in two lines, but I don't know how. Any suggestions?

On 28/11/2017 at 22:23, The Good Rebel said:

Well after much fiddling I have finally got this, which is more or less what I wanted to begin with. My only minor gripe is that I sometimes like to play on 125% zoom, but the kits appear too big when I do. However I can live with that! Thank you for all the advice and help. Much appreciated. 

Untitled.png

Could you post a download link for this please?

hi guys, just a quick update so that I can close this little offtopic about the multiline thing, I've managed to get the name and the surnname on separate lines. I have two problems though: I play in windowed mode, but sometimes I like to go fullscreen. The moment i do that, the names of players and teams change their positions, I guess because they are in a vertical adaptive container or something like that. I tried to insert the names on other types of containers but they disappear, so I guess there is nothing to do about that (or not? any suggestions?). The second thing is that when it comes to certain players with just one name, or a nickname, like brazilian players or spanish players (suso, neymar and so on) the game shows the same name on two lines, like shown in the images. I can live with that though

20171206193729_1.jpg

20171206194429_1.jpg

Archived