Simmed 8 years and the transfer fees..

Are just wow... So many players being sold over the £100m mark. Just mental, Mbappe joined Real Madrid for £49m after 1 full season after the £160M full transfer. Thats crazy. Then 5 years later, rejoins Monaco for £104m!! The mind boggles... Best profit I've seen though is Chelsea signing Rubens from Corinithians for £16m and then selling him to PSG 2 seasons later for £118m. Not a bad £102m PROFIT. It shows PSG not slowing their spending neither! Nor Man City... 

If this is the sign of the times for real life, I think the gap between fans and the club will become wider and wider. Just ludicrous.  

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Neymar was an anomaly.

Neymar €222m (2017)
Ousmane Dembélé  €105m (2017)
 Paul Pogba  €105m (2016)
Gareth Bale €100m   (2013)
Gonzalo Higuaín    €90m    2016    
Romelu Lukaku    €85m    (2017)
Luis Suárez    €82.3m   ( 2014)
James Rodríguez    €78m   ( 2014 )
Zinedine Zidane    €77.5m  (2001)

Trend suggest 70 - 100m for top top top players. 

If players are being sold willy-nilly around the world without ever being "the best" then there's something wrong in the transfer market end of the game. 

• Administrators

I don't think there's anything raised in the original post I'd go as far to call a bug in fairness, the market now is suggesting players will move for close to and over £100m in some cases. 

If Harry Kane was to move now how much would you expect a team to have to pay?

1 minute ago, Neil Brock said:

I don't think there's anything raised in the original post I'd go as far to call a bug in fairness, the market now is suggesting players will move for close to and over £100m in some cases. 

thats what I thought. 

My transfer emotional rollercoaster flow:

2007: wow, these top players are going for 30 mil now, transfer budgets need to keep up

2012: wow, these transfer budgets of around 100 mil are huge!! At least I can get some good players

2018: wow, these top players are going for 100 mil now, transfer budgets need to keep up

etc?

Just now, Takamaru said:

My transfer emotional rollercoaster flow:

2007: wow, these top players are going for 30 mil now, transfer budgets need to keep up

2012: wow, these transfer budgets of around 100 mil are huge!! At least I can get some good players

2018: wow, these top players are going for 100 mil now, transfer budgets need to keep up

etc?

agree mate. budgets seem to be lacking behind.

Top Deals:

1st Season: Chelsea - Jordi Alba - £54m - Summer window.

1st Season: Barcelona - Lorenzo Insigne - £76m - January Window. Also Karim Bellarabi - £50m to Bayern.

2nd Season: PSG - Mbappe (pre arranged) £160m. Mauro Icardi - £74m Man Utd, Karim Benzema - £58m - PSG. - Summer Window.

2nd Season: Adrien Silva - £75m- Real Madrid - January Window.

3rd Season: Andre Silva - £128m Man City. Dybala - £106m - PSG - Summer Window.

3rd Season: Alex Grimaldo - £51m - Man Utd. - January Window.

4th Season: Eric Dier - £76m - Man City. Ousmane Dembele - £85m - PSG. Vitolo - £61m - Monaco.

4th Season: Franck Kessie - £46m - Liverpool. 

5th Season: Gelson Martins - £120m - Monaco. Marquinhios - £103m - Man City. Marcos Asensio - £76m - PSG.

5th Season: Sergi Gomez- £32M - Juventus.

6th Season: Moise Kean - £94m - PSG. Patrick Schick - £75m - Monaco. 

6th Season: Franco Heredia - £82m - Spurs. Lukas Piffer - £81m - Real Madrid. 

7th Season: Rubens - £118m - PSG. Ivan Gomez - Monaco - £101m. Julien Brandt - £78m - Chelsea.

7th Season: Kingsley Coman - £80m - Chelsea. 

8th Season: Moise Kean - £127m - Man City. Klylian Mbappe - £104m - Monaco. 

8th Season: Andrea Melis - £137m - PSG. Endika Garcia -£133m - Barcelona.

9th Season: Lukas Piffer - £125m - PSG. 

MENTAL MENTAL MENTAL !!!

1 hour ago, bucket said:

Are just wow... So many players being sold over the £100m mark. Just mental, 1) Mbappe joined Real Madrid for £49m after 1 full season after the £160M full transfer. Thats crazy. Then 5 years later, rejoins Monaco for £104m!! The mind boggles... Best profit I've seen though is Chelsea signing Rubens from Corinithians for £16m and then selling him to PSG 2 seasons later for £118m. Not a bad £102m PROFIT. It shows PSG not slowing their spending neither! Nor Man City... 

If this is the sign of the times for real life, I think the gap between fans and the club will become wider and wider. Just ludicrous.  

1 hour ago, Neil Brock said:

I disagree 

Since 2001 up to 2017 the fee for players at the top top of the world are priced at 70-100m 

The question is really how much would Zidane be worth in todays market. 

The bug as I see it

1) Mbappe being sold to Real Madrid after just 1 season 

Harry Kane - I reckon Spurs would accept about £100m for him in real life. 

• Administrators
Just now, Smurf said:

I disagree 

Since 2001 up to 2017 the fee for players at the top top of the world are priced at 70-100m 

The bug as I see it

Then please find examples and raise them on the bugs forum. Thanks. 

8 minutes ago, Smurf said:

I disagree 

The bug as I see it

Harry Kane - for £100m - Never. Out and out striker, could play any league and for any team. Easily over £100m

13 minutes ago, Smurf said:

I disagree 

The bug as I see it

No they wouldn't :lol:

It remains to be seen how he'd do at the top level. Spurs have never won the league. Never won a champions league, England haven't performed in Euros or World Cups. He's a good Premiership striker, given top goalscorer two years in a row. 

He's a good striker - but largely unproven - I would be delighted to be proved wrong, as I'm a massive fan - but have to remain realistic based on current achievements. 

I'm sure he'll flourish - but I don't think Spurs are the club for him. And I don't think financially they are in a position to turn down £100m for him. I think they'd jump at the chance. If anything I'd say he'd go for north of that - but not the fees of Mbappe, Neymar etc. 

That being said, that's what I think Spurs would take for him - but personally I'd say he's absolutely priceless and any time would love to have him. If a team did really want him I wouldnt' say a club like Real Madrid would have any issue with paying £200m for him if that's what it takes. But I reckon Spurs would buckle and salivate at the thoughts of £100m-ish for him. Which would be a bargain for him. 

• Administrators
Just now, Smurf said:

That being said, that's what I think Spurs would take for him - but personally I'd say he's absolutely priceless and any time would love to have him. If a team did really want him I wouldnt' say a club like Real Madrid would have any issue with paying £200m for him if that's what it takes. But I reckon Spurs would buckle and salivate at the thoughts of £100m-ish for him. Which would be a bargain for him. 

Given the fees Daniel Levy has charged in the past, if Everton can get £75m for Lukaku, I'm certain Spurs would get a lot more for Kane. 

4 minutes ago, Smurf said:

The bug as I see it

Mbappe transfer to Real Madrid is definately unrealistic. 

PSG aren't pushovers and even if they were, it still makes no sense to sell a young star player for third of what you spent on him a year before. It's like the AI manager is unaware of the transfer fee they spent on him, probably because it's been coded to happen before game starts.. 

4 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

Given the fees Daniel Levy has charged in the past, if Everton can get £75m for Lukaku, I'm certain Spurs would get a lot more for Kane. 

Well he did sell Kyle Walker for about £50m - if he can do that he can sell Kane for £1bn :):):) 

1 minute ago, Smurf said:

Excuse me... I'm entitled to my opinion. 

Bale for 80m - Walker for 50m 

Spurs have a history of selling their top players for under £100m. 

Until something definitely happens it's all up in the air. 

Bale went for 80 before newest TV deal had kicked up. He'd have been comfortably 100m, and Kane is an even bigger asset 

3 minutes ago, Smurf said:

Excuse me... I'm entitled to my opinion. 

Bale for 80m - Walker for 50m 

Spurs have a history of selling their top players for under £100m. 

Until something definitely happens it's all up in the air. 

You've got to recognise how quickly the transfer market changes. Bale was four years ago - that was the world record at the time. Now it buys you Lukaku, a striker who's talented but struggles a bit in the big games and tends to have fairly lengthy dry patches. If Kane was to go (which would only happen if he sulked and demanded a move which seems highly unlikely), it would probably be in the £200m range.

2 minutes ago, Spurs08 said:

You've got to recognise how quickly the transfer market changes. Bale was four years ago - that was the world record at the time. Now it buys you Lukaku, a striker who's talented but struggles a bit in the big games and tends to have fairly lengthy dry patches. If Kane was to go (which would only happen if he sulked and demanded a move which seems highly unlikely), it would probably be in the £200m range.

Zidane was 70m in 2001. It hasn't changed that much. 

Just now, Smurf said:

Zidane was 70m in 2001. It hasn't changed that much. 

You can't just look at the record fee, Zidane was a huge outlier. £70m-£90m is what a proven, quality attacking player for a top-level club now costs. World-class talent likely double that.

Higuain - 75.3 in 2016

Well yes, exactly. He's a striker that scores slightly better than 1 in 2 playing for top sides creating a lot of chances. Very good, but not quite world class. And he's £75m, the same as what you'd have paid for one of the best players of all time in Ronaldo in 2009. And yet you think Kane, who's scoring average this year is better than 1 in 1, would be about the same?

Ok you're saying Higuain is not world class?  What's he done you may ask?

3X SPANISH CHAMPION
11/12    Real Madrid    Real Madrid
07/08    Real Madrid    Real Madrid
06/07    Real Madrid    Real Madrid

1X SPANISH CUP WINNER
Spanish cup winner
10/11    Real Madrid    Real Madrid

1X SPANISH SUPER CUP WINNER
Spanish Super Cup winner
12/13    Real Madrid    Real Madrid

1X ITALIAN CHAMPION
Italian champion
16/17    Juventus FC    Juventus FC

2X ITALIAN CUP WINNER
Italian cup winner
13/14    SSC Napoli    SSC Napoli

1X ITALIAN SUPER CUP WINNER
Italian Super Cup winner
14/15    SSC Napoli    SSC Napoli

1X TOP SCORER
Top scorer
15/16    Serie A    Serie A - 36 Goals

Can't imagine anyone who has paid even the slightest interest in the transfer market this summer ( or indeed Spurs transfer dealings under Levy) would think Kane would go for anywhere near 100 million. 

He has 4.5 years left on his deal and is the best striker in (at worst) the 2nd best league in the world , Spurs are financially strong and have absolutely no pressure on them to sell anyone they don't want to and have a chairman who is notorious for how difficult he is to deal with. There is a reason that the likes of United and City didn't even attempt to sign the likes of Kane or Alli this summer.

And "My opinion" isn't a get out clause. You can have a bad and wrong opinion. 

OT - those transfers listed by  @bucket don't seem that outrageous really.

2 minutes ago, NavyWolf87 said:

Your forgetting Bale left 4 years ago for a then record.....clearly you have no idea as Kane would be at least £150mil in today's market have a word fella! 

Higuain was 75m only a year ago... 

Sorry - but Kane is good - but he's largely unproven on the world stage. 

Can't see anyone buying him for that when you can get a Lukaku, Augero, Cavani, Higuain, Suarez, Lewandowski, Costa, Aubameyang, Lacazete, Sanchez, Hazard, Griezman, Icardi, Morata, Dybala, Gotze, Mertens, Beleti or Gomez.. 

There's just far too many players that are better - and proven on the Word stage. Why pay over the odds for an unproven player, when you pay the same or less for a player that is proven.

There's only so many clubs in the world with that much money to buy Kane - so why would they over the list above? 

I see Spurs fans have assembled... it makes it dificult to have a logical conversation on this. 

All I can say is that Kane is 24, not 18, if he was 18 he'd command a huge fee for the form he's in. He's 24, never won a league, never won a cup, never got far in Champions League, and underperforms on the big stage internationally at competitions.

It's sad to say - but he's completely unproven at the top level. You cannot deny that. 

I see Spurs fans have assembled... it makes it dificult to have a logical conversation on this. 

All I can say is that Kane is 24, not 18, if he was 18 he'd command a huge fee for the form he's in. He's 24, never won a league, never won a cup, never got far in Champions League, and underperforms on the big stage internationally at competitions.

It's sad to say - but he's completely unproven at the top level. You cannot deny that. 

deary me :idiot:

4 minutes ago, forameuss said:

Everyone is absolutely entitled to their own opinion, but that doesn't come with protection from people disagreeing completely.

When did I disagree completely - 100m for a player is an awful lot. And in line with other transfers in the last 2 years. 

Neymar is an exception - he had to buy out his own contract. 

Just now, Smurf said:

When did I disagree completely - 100m for a player is an awful lot. And in line with other transfers in the last 2 years. 

Neymar is an exception - he had to buy out his own contract. 

You didnt, but you did keep talking about your opinion like it was beyond reproach when others disagreed. 100m is a lot of money, but nowadays it just isn't. We're not going to see players going for Neymar money regularly (not yet at least) but top players will start going for 3 figures, and the leading players will probably push beyond 150. Then in a few years even the just very good will have their benchmark raised to that level.

Clubs now have more and more money, and that fact is so very public. So why would selling clubs accept less? They'll want more and more for less and less, and it'll keep spiralling like that.  The only thing that'll see values even stagnate, let alone fall, is a crash. And that looks very unlikely.

On the OP, I'd raise as a bug purely to let the devs have a look, but I'd agree with those questioning whether there's anything wrong. Super fees always had the potential to come up in game, it's only sensible that they start becoming more common.

I'd actually love to see him go to Madrid, or anywhere other than Spurs. 

But why did Man Utd go for Lukaku and not Kane? It wasn't the fee that put them off.

Why did PSG go for Neymar and not Kane? It wasn't the money, that wasn't an issue.

When Barca sold Neymar, why didn't they buy Kane, they pursued Coutinho??? Why?  Money wasn't an issue. 

I'm just being honest. There's a reason why Kane hasn't moved to a top club. It can't be the fee - clubs have the money, that's not an issue. 

1 minute ago, forameuss said:

You didnt, but you did keep talking about your opinion like it was beyond reproach when others disagreed. 100m is a lot of money, but nowadays it just isn't. We're not going to see players going for Neymar money regularly (not yet at least) but top players will start going for 3 figures, and the leading players will probably push beyond 150. Then in a few years even the just very good will have their benchmark raised to that level.

Clubs now have more and more money, and that fact is so very public. So why would selling clubs accept less? They'll want more and more for less and less, and it'll keep spiralling like that.  The only thing that'll see values even stagnate, let alone fall, is a crash. And that looks very unlikely.

On the OP, I'd raise as a bug purely to let the devs have a look, but I'd agree with those questioning whether there's anything wrong. Super fees always had the potential to come up in game, it's only sensible that they start becoming more common.

Exactly my point - 100m is a lot of money for Kane. It's not that I'm beyond reproach - I even said he could be worth a bit more north of £100m. 

It's just Spurs fans, and England fans - defending their player - and that's fine, I completely understand that.

But there's logic in what I'm saying. Kane is a wonderful player, by far the best player in the premier league (scoring wise). 

I really like him -  but there's a reason why top clubs didn't bother their arse with him - because there's better out there for 150m so they won't go for it. 

In today's market, with the quality of players ahead of him he cannot command a £150m+ fee, but defintely a huge fee of £100m+ 

If Spurs win the leauge and the champions leauge and england win the World Cup and he's the top scorer then Spurs can ask for £1bn and get it.

9 minutes ago, Smurf said:

I'd actually love to see him go to Madrid, or anywhere other than Spurs. 

But why did Man Utd go for Lukaku and not Kane? It wasn't the fee that put them off.

Why did PSG go for Neymar and not Kane? It wasn't the money, that wasn't an issue.

When Barca sold Neymar, why didn't they buy Kane, they pursued Coutinho??? Why?  Money wasn't an issue. 

I'm just being honest. There's a reason why Kane hasn't moved to a top club. It can't be the fee - clubs have the money, that's not an issue. 

Because it was widely reported that United and City had both spoken to Spurs early about Kane and Alli but understood that Spurs weren't entertaining any offers at all.

Do you think United would have deliberately perused Lakaku over Kane if they could have just spent an extra 20 mill on him ? 

And here is the thing , you started this by saying Spurs would sell him for 100, that's absolute rubbish and anyone with knowledge of football in the UK knows that. Him not being worth more or there being better options for the extra £ it would cost to buy him are fair points to argue , but the statement you made to kick this off is what started the conversation in this thread.

He's worth somewhere between what Tottenham think he's worth and what a buyer thinks he's worth. Given one side has Daniel Levy on it, I'd imagine that side would be favoured. If they don't get offered what they believe he's worth then he probably just won't go.  Most of the interest is probably manufactured by a media absolutely desperate to have an English player dine at the top table. If he goes, it'll be silly money, but he likely won't.

This opened a can of worms huh? I suppose he and all the other players are worth whatever the buying team thinks they are and are willing to pay. Lets leave it at that! Anyway I think from some peoples comments, its not unrealistic that these players go over the £100m barrier. They are all top top class players and some unreal regens.

1 hour ago, Smurf said:

Ok you're saying Higuain is not world class?  What's he done you may ask?

3X SPANISH CHAMPION
11/12    Real Madrid    Real Madrid
07/08    Real Madrid    Real Madrid
06/07    Real Madrid    Real Madrid

1X SPANISH CUP WINNER
Spanish cup winner
10/11    Real Madrid    Real Madrid

1X SPANISH SUPER CUP WINNER
Spanish Super Cup winner
12/13    Real Madrid    Real Madrid

1X ITALIAN CHAMPION
Italian champion

2X ITALIAN CUP WINNER
Italian cup winner
13/14    SSC Napoli    SSC Napoli

1X ITALIAN SUPER CUP WINNER
Italian Super Cup winner
14/15    SSC Napoli    SSC Napoli

1X TOP SCORER
Top scorer
15/16    Serie A    Serie A - 36 Goals

5x English Champion, 1x FA Cup Winner, 2 League Cups, 3 Community Shields and the Champions League itself, it's the world-class midfielder... Darren Fletcher.

5 minutes ago, Spurs08 said:

5x English Champion, 1x FA Cup Winner, 2 League Cups, 3 Community Shields and the Champions League itself, it's the world-class midfielder... Darren Fletcher.

I must have missed Darren Fletcher getting 36 goals in a season...

Goes to show - even winning all the titles in the world doesn't make you the best. So winning none at all, like Kane, must make him the worst, going by that logic. 

I must have missed Darren Fletcher getting 36 goals in a season...

Goes to show - even winning all the titles in the world doesn't make you the best. So winning none at all, like Kane, must make him the worst, going by that logic. 

Relax man Igor Biscan won Champions League too...:D

Archived