"The kids are alright. At least, they better be." - What happens when a top club decides they don't need anyone from the outside world?

hasdgfas

image02.gif

"Arsene, it's not going to work anymore."

"I am not sure what you mean"

"Fourth place, the constant end-of-season or midseason stumbles to fall out of title contention, all of it"

"We just need little bit more time."

"I"m sorry, but we can't give it to you. Sure, you've done well for a very long time. But we want a fresh approach."

"I see. Any chance I stick around to act as director and give some advice to the new manager and help him with his transfers?"

"Well, that's the thing, Arsene. There won't be any transfers. At all. Not anymore. We're looking inward to move forward"

"That's a terrible catchphrase".

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Over the years, many, many jokes have been made about Arsenal's reluctance to buy players to strengthen areas of need. In this save, I'm taking that to an extreme. There will be NO transfers in for the duration of the save. I will only be using players already at the club, as well as developing the youth that come through.

This is sort of an experiment to see what happens with a "top club youth save". Most that I see around here involve starting at clubs in the lowest tiers or in low-reputation foreign countries. I wanted to try something different, partially because I am just more comfortable at the top tiers of the game as opposed to the bottom, and partially because I think it's an interesting twist, at least for me. I'm intending to sort of role-play as a Head of Youth Development who is also the manager. With that in mind, If I get sacked, I'll just add a new manager and continue the development, as I'm also curious about the levels of patience with a youth save at the top level, and the goal is more to follow the development of the youth anyway. There are a lot of things that I expect this save to allow me to play around with that I really haven't spent much time with. Youth training in the past has mostly been just me sending people on loan and hoping that they get game time. I'll be micromanaging a bit more than I usually do in that area of the game.

Initial Senior Squad:

4686de8ce4.jpg

Obviously, for a side with title expectations, it's very strong. There are only a few U21s in the initial squad that I really want to follow the development of.

Hector Bellerin should be a known name for Premier League fans. He's a very strong right back and will be my starter for the foreseeable future(read: until Barcelona comes in for him and turns his head).

Rob Holding is a young center-back. He looks like he has some potential, but seems to be distinctly average for now. We'll see what happens in the future. I'll be giving him some game time, especially while Gabriel and Mertesacker are out for a couple months.

Alex Iwobi has been seeing some game time in real life and shown some potential. In game, he looks like a very solid option for the attack, especially at 20. He'll definitely get some time.

U23 Squad:

69e2d973e5.png

54cec2da58.png

There are several players here I'm pretty excited about and really hope that they can turn into something.

Jeff Reine-Adelaide is very similar to Iwobi in terms of what he can do. I'm considering bringing him into the first team this season to get a couple games. He may even surpass Iwobi if things go well for him.

Vlad Dragomir is called out by the coaches as having high potential as a midfielder. I can definitely see the potential here, it's all about bringing it out.

Jon Toral seems to me to be a slightly more developed Dragomir. Maybe I can bring him up within a season or two.

Krystian Bielik is probably coming up to the first team for a good 6-month run as a backup until January or so, due to the injuries to Mertesacker and Gabriel. He seems to have some decent potential as a central defender.

U18 Squad:

3b62fb8e17.png

Not a ton going on with the initial U18 squad except for this young one.

Reiss Nelson is only 16, but there is already a lot going on here. With a little bit of development, he could really be something special.

-----------------------------------------------------

If you're looking for screenshots of literally every single youth player so we can see how they develop, I've got that too!

Hector Bellerin - 2016
Rob Holding - 2016
Alex Iwobi - 2016
-----
Jeff Reine-Adelaide - 2016
Vlad Dragomir - 2016
Takuma Asano - 2016
Donyell Malen - 2016
Jordi Osei-Tutu - 2016
Chris Willock - 2016
Ainsley Maitland-Niles - 2016
Jon Toral - 2016
Krystian Bielik - 2016
Ismael Bennacer - 2016
Gedion Zelalem - 2016
Eddie Nketiah - 2016
Marcus McGuane - 2016
Tyrell Robinson - 2016
Marc Bola - 2016
Glen Kamara - 2016
Chuba Akpom - 2016
Kelechi Nwakali - 2016
Matt Macey - 2016
Yassin Fortune - 2016
Ben Sheaf - 2016
Stephy Mavididi - 2016
Kaylen Hinds - 2016
Stefan O'Connor - 2016
Tafari Moore - 2016
Julio Pleguezuelo - 2016
Dan Crowley - 2016
Deyan Iliev - 2016
Aaron Eyoma - 2016
Chiori Johnson - 2016
Ryan Huddart - 2016
------
Reiss Nelson - 2016
Joe Willock - 2016
Alex Crean - 2016
Daniel Ballard - 2016
Robbie Burton - 2016
Josh Benson - 2016
Emile Smith-Rowe - 2016
Joao Virginia - 2016
Tolaji Bola - 2016
Hugo Keto - 2016
Jay Beckford - 2016
Dominic Thompson - 2016
Nathan Tormey - 2016
Joseph Olowu - 2016
Josh Dasilva - 2016
Nathan Tella - 2016
Charlie Gilmour - 2016
Savvas Mourgos - 2016
Kristopher Da Graca - 2016
Tobi Omole - 2016
Kostas Pileas - 2016

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maybe there's a hidden gem or two in there that I can't quite pick out of the crowd just yet.

For now, I guess we'll see what the basic squad does in season 1.

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I can already tell this will be slow going. I may have been a bit too ambitious with the leagues I loaded :D

Here are the loans I sent out. A lot fewer than my usual "literally everyone who can go out on loan will" of my normal saves.

2798f99aab.jpg

38 minutes ago, ManUtd1 said:

What's your plan for spending it down?

well, this is happening:

363e790c2d.jpg

But besides that, I'm not really sure what to do about it. It's Arsenal, the facilities in general are already so good. It only takes a little bit to keep it up to snuff.

image02.gif

2016/2017 Midseason Update

Let's get the boring stuff out of the way to start with.

League Table:

3e9cd93a42.jpg

Champions League Group:

a6359dccc3.jpg

All Competitions:

0db8940993.png

Match results:

0bd24b2929.jpg

One thing you may notice there is the incredibly inconsistent away form. Only home trouble I had was PSG, but away? Anything could happen. Wins at Man City and Liverpool, losses at Stoke, Hull, and Celtic among others. I've had trouble away in all my FM17 saves, and I can't figure out what's going wrong or how to fix it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, the bits I actually care about, the youth.

First, those in and around the first team:

Hector Bellerin has been as good as anticipated so far. He's the starting RB and is performing very well. 

Rob Holding has been a very serviceable backup. 7 decent league appearances, plus a start in our cup disaster at Nottm Forest. He was tutored by Koscielny over the past 6 months, so has seen a bit of an increase in determination, but nothing else so far. He's good enough that he should probably be getting more game time, but Gabriel Paulista and Per Mertesacker are now back from injury, so I'd like to get him out on loan for the rest of the season.

Alex Iwobi has seen the biggest improvement of all the youth in the first team. After being tutored by Alexis Sanchez, his determination has gone up to an incredible 19! As you can tell from the screenshot, he is now being described as a wonderkid. He's seen a lot of substitute time, as well as a good number of starts. If he can find some consistency, he will definitely start to, well, start consistently.

Next, the U23s I made note of in my initial post:

Jeff Reine-Adelaide is showing some improvement. I've given him a bit of first-team time, but he hasn't shown that much yet in his performances. Patience is required here, I expect. Perhaps I can find him a tutor for the second half of the season and we can see a good improvement here as well.

Vlad Dragomir has seen a good determination jump as a result of being tutored by Aaron Ramsey. I already have too many midfielders for him to get any time in the first team, but he's developing fairly well so far. I'd like to keep him around instead of sending him on loan right now, maybe get him tutored again by someone else.

Jon Toral remains on loan at Granada, who are currently 15th in La Liga. No real attribute improvement, and he's not performing especially well. Unfortunately, this loan may not have worked out as well as I hoped(although I didn't set it up).

Krystian Bielik saw a couple games in the first half of the season while I had a couple long injuries to central defenders. As a result of that, plus his tutoring by Shkodran Mustafi, he has seen some really solid improvement, and a change in personality to Resolute. I really think there's some more potential improvement here. I think it's time for him to get a loan to try to get some game time, but I want to make sure he goes to the right place.

Plus, in the U18s, we had Reiss Nelson. He's already seen a little bit of improvement. I'd like to see if he can be the next to get the Sanchez bump that Iwobi got.

So it's been a good start on the youth side of things and the league is going all right as well. In the end of season update(which likely won't be until after the weekend), we'll see if I can figure out away matches, as well as take a look at the biggest training surprises of the youth. Plus, we'll continue to follow along with the youth I made note of at the beginning. Also, we'll get our first youth intake!

3 hours ago, LATB said:

Hilarious myth about Arsenal. They've spent fortunes in all positions and have a massive wage bill. No idea how they have this reputation.

which myth? If you mean the "not needing anyone" bit, I know. That's why I'm not signing anyone new for the save. I'm not pretending they're already acting like that. If you mean something else, fair enough.

Youth Intake Day (2017)

7c151261c5.png

This seems like a pretty good first intake. A good set of players with potential in here, with a variety of positions. I'm particularly excited about Danny Adams and Jordan Sutton.

Top 5 Potential according to Assistant Reports:

Tom Laskowski

Seidu Mumuni

Jordan Sutton

Danny Adams

Ho Tuan Anh

Now, I was intending to only follow along with the development of players I'm keeping at the club(although I'll keep them tagged for easy searching if I get curious once they've left the club). However, in order to keep things a bit fun, and allow for some participation from readers, if those of you following along would like to nickname one of the bottom ~5 intakes each year, I can also follow along with their development, even though they'll likely never make it here. This is an experimental save for me anyway, let's keep it fun!

1 hour ago, hasdgfas said:

Now, I was intending to only follow along with the development of players I'm keeping at the club(although I'll keep them tagged for easy searching if I get curious once they've left the club). However, in order to keep things a bit fun, and allow for some participation from readers, if those of you following along would like to nickname one of the bottom ~5 intakes each year, I can also follow along with their development, even though they'll likely never make it here. This is an experimental save for me anyway, let's keep it fun!

Aidan Telleus.  Hakan's half-brother.  :ackter:

(He IS the black sheep of the family, after all...)

10 minutes ago, BoxToBox said:

Nice, he's like me trying to start a save on FM. :D

EDIT: Who's tutoring him, he has a great personality already?

Laurent Koscielny is tutoring him right now, but he came in with that personality. Personality is one of the things I haven't spent a ton of time researching though. I tend to just assume that high determination = good.

11 minutes ago, hasdgfas said:

Laurent Koscielny is tutoring him right now, but he came in with that personality. Personality is one of the things I haven't spent a ton of time researching though. I tend to just assume that high determination = good.

Determination is good, but Professionalism is key, so personalities with high professionalism are the best. Resolute is good.

2016/2017 Season Review

All Competitions:

fef35f04bd.png

Inconsistency away from home doomed me in the most punishing way, with Spurs winning the league :mad:

We bottled it, top of the table with 3 matches to go, then lost 1-0 away to Bournemouth. It wouldn't have been a deserved league win with some of our away losses, but still very frustrating. I really need to figure out my tactics away from home and get more consistent there.

Match Results:

eee26e2e90.jpg

One home blemish all season, with the loss to West Ham in a classic FMing, with my 17 shots, 7 on target, to their 2 shots, 1 on target. But away from home, it was a crapshoot. Second half of the season was better than the first in that respect, but I was never comfortable against anyone away.

--------------------------------------------------

Youth Screenshots

-----------------------------------------------------

Hector Bellerin - 2016 2017
Rob Holding - 2016 2017
Alex Iwobi - 2016 2017
-----
Jeff Reine-Adelaide - 2016 2017
Vlad Dragomir - 2016 2017
Takuma Asano - 2016 2017
Donyell Malen - 2016 2017
Jordi Osei-Tutu - 2016 2017
Chris Willock - 2016 2017
Ainsley Maitland-Niles - 2016 2017
Jon Toral - 2016 2017
Krystian Bielik - 2016 2017
Ismael Bennacer - 2016 2017
Gedion Zelalem - 2016 2017
Eddie Nketiah - 2016 2017
Marcus McGuane - 2016 2017
Tyrell Robinson - 2016 2017
Marc Bola - 2016 2017
Glen Kamara - 2016 2017
Chuba Akpom - 2016 2017
Kelechi Nwakali - 2016 2017
Matt Macey - 2016 2017
Yassin Fortune - 2016 2017
Ben Sheaf - 2016 2017
Stephy Mavididi - 2016 2017
Kaylen Hinds - 2016 2017
Stefan O'Connor - 2016 2017
Tafari Moore - 2016 2017
Julio Pleguezuelo - 2016 2017
Dan Crowley - 2016 2017
Deyan Iliev - 2016 2017
Aaron Eyoma - 2016 2017
Chiori Johnson - 2016 2017
Ryan Huddart - 2016 2017
------
Reiss Nelson - 2016 2017
Joe Willock - 2016 2017
Alex Crean - 2016 2017
Daniel Ballard - 2016 2017
Robbie Burton - 2016 2017
Josh Benson - 2016 2017
Emile Smith-Rowe - 2016 2017
Joao Virginia - 2016 2017
Tolaji Bola - 2016 2017
Hugo Keto - 2016 2017
Jay Beckford - 2016 2017
Dominic Thompson - 2016 2017
Nathan Tormey - 2016 2017
Joseph Olowu - 2016 2017
Josh Dasilva - 2016 2017
Nathan Tella - 2016 2017
Charlie Gilmour - 2016 2017
Savvas Mourgos - 2016 2017
Kristopher Da Graca - 2016 2017
Tobi Omole - 2016 2017
Kostas Pileas - 2016 2017

-----

Tom Laskowski(17A) - 2017

Seidu Mumuni(17B) - 2017

Jordan Sutton(17C) - 2017

Danny Adams(17D) - 2017

Ho Tuan Anh(17E) - 2017

Kobe McDonald(17F) - 2017

Joe Page(17G) - 2017

Jon Holland(17H) - 2017

Louis Jupp(17I) - 2017

Declan Clarke(17J) - 2017

Joshua Smith(17K) - 2017

Scott Anderson(17L) - 2017

Drake G. Johnson(17M) - 2017

Ian Richardson II(17N) - 2017

Paulo(17O) - 2017

Aidan Telleus(17P) - 2017

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

More complete youth review to come within the next day or so. At this point in the save, there are just too many people for me to keep track of everyone. I need to start to focus on a few different players to work on development of and leave the rest behind. Plus I want to see if anyone can start to make the step up. Youth review will include my own assessments of potential of players based on their development this season and their current attributes. So expect that soon, I just wanted to get a quick season review out and post updated screenshots of the youth, mostly for my own use as data for the larger-scale Youth Review :D 

Full Youth Review - Summer 2017

While I could try to keep every player developing, the truth is that not everyone's going to make it at a club like Arsenal, even with their newfound allergy to buying players. It's only worth putting full effort into some of them to ensure they develop well. This post will be a review of each young player and their likelihood to make it into the first team. I will avoid adding those players already in the first team, because they've already made it, and the review would be "already there".

Rob Holding - He performed fairly well in the few appearances I gave him while I had two first team defenders injured. When they returned, I sent him out on loan to Watford, where he performed admirably. He's likely to go back out on loan next season in the absence of a sale or a surprise retirement. However, he's also very likely to hold a place in the first team once one of those happens, even with the minimal improvement to attributes over the course of the season.

Jeff Reine-Adelaide - He got a few appearances during the first season, and performed well in cup games, but the Premier League is a bit too much for him right now. Once Danny Welbeck came back from injury, he started tutoring Jeff, and his personality has changed to Fairly Professional. Although he was injured near the end of the season, he still has excellent attributes. He's incredibly likely to make the first team at some point. Next season may involve him going out on loan to get regular playing time, as I think that would serve him better than sitting on the bench or playing in the U23s at this point.

Vlad Dragomir - Fantastic improvement in his attributes this season after being tutored by Ramsey. He also got a couple cup games and performed fine. He looks like a lock to make the first team at some point. If I didn't already have a surplus of midfielders, that would probably be next season. As is, he's probably good enough to go out on loan next season. But I will be watching closely to try to find a spot for him somewhere.

Takuma Asano - was out on a hardcoded 2-year loan when the game began . I'll be re-evaluating him when he gets back for sure, but at an initial glance, he looks like he could find a spot as a different kind of striker to what I'm currently playing. I wish he could get more games though.

Donyell Malen - Slight improvement this season. He a really interesting case. I think he's probably good enough to claim a spot if his development continues strongly. I'm going to be keeping him around and seeing how he develops, and that'll determine if he breaks into the first team.

Jordi Osei-Tutu - Very solid improvement to his attributes this season. I'd love to see more out of his mentals, but as a full-back, his physicals are right where I want them, and his technicals are set up about how I like a full-back's to be. I'll be trying to continue his development, because I think he has a future.

Chris Willock - I was very impressed by his development this season. An upgrade in personality to "Fairly Determined", plus a lot of match time at Inverness(although he didn't perform incredibly well) means I'm going to be trying to get him good enough for the first team.

Ainsley Maitland-Niles - I didn't see much of an improvement from him this season, plus he whined about his individual training a lot. I'm giving him another year, and if I don't see a big improvement, I don't think he's going to make it. Not with the strength of young wingers I already have at the club.

Jon Toral - Started the game off on loan at Granada. No change in attributes, but he got a lot of game time and played ok. Falling behind Dragomir in my priority order, but we'll see how next season goes. He can probably make it if he hasn't plateaued.

Krystian Bielik - I'm very excited by his development this season after being tutored really well. He got a few games on loan at Villa, and performed well. He'll definitely make the first team once one of the old central defenders leaves, and will probably be on loan until then, getting game time.

Ismael Bennacer - Very solid improvement from him this season. Again, he's hindered by the surplus of midfielders I have, but he definitely has a good chance to claim a spot once some of them start to leave.

Gedion Zelalem - Minor improvement, plus a big determination increase. Likely a loan this season, but another player with an excellent chance to make it here.

Eddie Nketiah - 2 determination really scares me here. If I can't get him tutored this season and see those mentals go up, I don't think he's going to break into the first team.

Marcus McGuane - Very happy with him this season. I gave him quite a few cup games, and he performed quite well! Plus I've seen a ton of improvement from him this season. Definitely going to keep up with his development, I really think he can make it, and I didn't think that at the start of the save.

Tyrell Robinson - very minor improvement, and I'm not seeing enough from his technical attributes. Not going to make it.

Marc Bola - Good season for him. Personality upgrade to Fairly Professional, and good attribute improvements. I didn't have high hopes for him initially, but he's right on the edge at this point. I'll probably keep him around since I need to make sure I have a left-back at some point.

Glen Kamara - I really don't see much coming from him. He didn't improve much while out on loan this season, and I have a few other midfielders I simply have higher hopes for.

Chuba Akpom - Right on the edge of being able to make it. Some solid attributes, and what seems to be a solid personality, but I want to see some improvement this next season. I think he needs a season out on loan to see if the game time does it for him. If it doesn't, then he just may not quite be good enough for the top level.

Kelechi Nwakali - Minor improvement, but I just don't see him making it with some of the other midfielders in the youth teams.

Matt Macey - Goalkeepers are the hardest for me to evaluate of any position, but I don't think that he's good enough.

Yassin Fortune - Very physical, although that's probably not enough. If he can get a tutor, we'll see if that improves his technicals and mentals enough. If not, he won't make it.

Ben Sheaf - Went with Willock on loan to Inverness. I was happy with his performance. My concern with him is he's good at a variety of stuff, but not really outstanding at anything. He had some solid improvement this season for someone I wasn't expecting a ton from. I'd like to see another season or so before making a final decision on him. He could definitely make it, and maybe he'll just be a decent universal backup.

Stephy Mavididi - He's fine. I don't think he's going to make it though.

Kaylen Hinds - Some solid improvements after a successful loan at Partick Thistle. He could make it, but is likely to be a bit too far behind the top midfielders.

Stefan O'Connor - I don't think so.

Tafari Moore - I'll probably keep him around just because he's a fullback, but I don't think I'd keep him around if this weren't a youth save.

Julio Plegezuelo - Probably just a little too old to develop enough to a point I'd be happy using him. 

Dan Crowley - Some potential, but probably behind the top midfielders.

Deyan Iliev - Nope

Aaron Eyoma - Nope

Chiori Johnson - Don't think so

Ryan Huddart - Again, don't think so

Reiss Nelson - I'm thinking about starting to bleed him into the first team right now. A very solid improvement this season, plus some game time at Bristol City. If I can keep him around, get him tutored, and get him a few games, I think he'll be special.

Joe Willock - Really needs a solid tutoring session to have a shot at getting good enough, I think.

Alex Crean - I don't think he's going to make it, but maybe Cech can be a miracle worker in a tutoring session?

Daniel Ballard - I just don't think there's enough here for him to improve enough.

Robbie Burton - I don't see it.

Josh Benson - Again, not seeing it.

Emile Smith-Rowe - Probably not enough, but he's still very young, and his strengths are in the right places

Joao Virginia - Cech got him to a professional personality, but we'll really have to see some improvement next season for that to be enough.

Tolaji Bola - Not seeing it for Arsenal, at least.

Hugo Keto - Not seeing enough potential here, personally.

Jay Beckford - Don't think so

Dominic Thompson - I think he just has too far to go.

Nathan Tormey - Not seeing it.

Joseph Olowu - Nope

Josh Dasilva - Improvement this season impressed me, but I still think he has too far to go.

Nathan Tella - Nope

Charlie Gilmour - Nope

Savvas Mourgos - Better starting point than a lot of players, but probably not enough.

Kristopher Da Graca - Too far to go

Tobi Omole - No

Kostas Pileas - Don't think so

-----

Those are all the players that were already at the club, along with how I feel about them now. Youth Intake will be evaluated next season, after they've had a full season's worth of development.

This is an interesting idea, but it's going to be a lot of work for you to track every single youth player yearly like that! If you're enjoying it it's fine, but I'd consider cutting down to just the most exciting prospects.

Also love it that your first season was the perfect homage to Wenger by not winning anything and bottling the title to Spurs at the very end. :D

14 hours ago, noikeee said:

This is an interesting idea, but it's going to be a lot of work for you to track every single youth player yearly like that! If you're enjoying it it's fine, but I'd consider cutting down to just the most exciting prospects.

Also love it that your first season was the perfect homage to Wenger by not winning anything and bottling the title to Spurs at the very end. :D

I even cut ties with him hoping to avoid that. Instead, we decided that we hated playing away. :mad:

As far as youth tracking, the last big update was mostly to figure out who the exciting prospects are. I'll be doing assessments of those exciting prospects moving forward, and likely screenshotting every youth player while they're still at the club, because I do enjoy visualizing their changes, but only the exciting ones are going to get more in-depth analysis. It's just too much otherwise. Part of the reason I'm letting the bottom few youth intake prospects get nicknamed is because I genuinely enjoy seeing how the random players that don't make it at a big club fare after they've left.

12 minutes ago, ManUtd1 said:

As if I'd sign a 32-year old...much less a 32 year-old on 80k/week for 3 years! That's Bobby Manc, there. :lol:

Exactly :) 22 points off the top last season, just barely making Europe.

In the meantime, i can't say I'm too upset about this after they bottled the last match of the season home to Spurs and got walked over, when they could've let us win the title if they'd held serve at Stamford Bridge.

aaf1406abc.jpg

5 hours ago, hasdgfas said:

Part of the reason I'm letting the bottom few youth intake prospects get nicknamed is because I genuinely enjoy seeing how the random players that don't make it at a big club fare after they've left.

I'll always make a shortlist of players who used to play for me and at least once a season I'll go thru this list and check how they are doing

Now that I have done a bit more of an in-depth analysis of the youth, I tried to get some loans for the players who need to get some game time to get over the hump, as well as loaned out some of the people who are never going to make it.

2c39c8f483.jpg

On 1/1/2017 at 17:41, ManUtd1 said:

Aidan Telleus. Hakan's half-brother. :ackter:

(He IS the black sheep of the family, after all...)

I figured out why :D 

foMruMy.png

Looks like someone in the family had a fun little trip, and ended up with more than they bargained for 9 months later.

8 hours ago, hasdgfas said:

I figured out why :D 

foMruMy.png

Looks like someone in the family had a fun little trip, and ended up with more than they bargained for 9 months later.

What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas. It doesn't go on to become a crap footballer. I should sue!

All right, I'm going to do a quick update right now, since I'm going to be away all weekend and won't be making any more progress. It's been slower progress this season because I've gotten more caught up in Witcher 3 lately.

No Losses in the League so far, but away matches are still massive stress inducers. I think some more familiarity with the tactics is helping them a bit, but I still feel like I don't know what I'm doing during away matches.

Reiss Nelson is performing quite well in the little bit of Premier League time I've been giving him, and has even scored 2 Premier League goals in his 3 appearances so far this season. I continue to think he's going to be something very special.

Krystian Bielik picked up his first senior international team cap!

General Loan Report. Solid performances from most players so far. I am paying particular attention to Jordan Sutton(17C), who seems to be performing and developing well while out on loan, and getting lots of games.

8 hours ago, Keano16 said:

Any youth players still available? I like this twist on a familiar save!

I'll make sure to leave you one in the second intake, but I think the four I've named in the first one are enough for that intake. There'll be plenty more intakes to get players with fun names in :) 

Archived