FM17 Youth Academy Challenge

yfUvqd4.png

Chimney Corner - Season 4 - 2020/21 NIFL Premier Intermediate League

Table | Cups | Squad | Transfers

It's been a while since my last update because to be honest I was dreading playing this season. After the way we finished the previous season I was fearing another challenge ending relegation, so this sat on the back burner. Eventually I plucked up the courage, reviewed my squad, and decided that what I ran last year just didn't suit the players I now had. I needed to make use of all the quick wide players I had, and I needed something that spread the scoring around a bit more. 4-3-3 seemed the most logical, if a bit awkward since I lacked a DM anywhere in my squad, but a retraining mission was begun.

Early season in Northern Ireland throws a multitude of cups at you so it gave us a good chance to test how we were going, and results looked pretty good. In fact by the end of the year we'd have exceeded board expectations in all 5 cups, so it seemed we were doing something right. But the cups are pretty meaningless with so many to choose from, it's the league that matters.

The league was looking a bit of a ding-dong battle, we managed to be there or abouts all the way but never seemed to quite capitalize when results elsewhere went our way. By the second half of the season it was clear that Wakehurst and Limavady Utd would be our competition, we see-sawed back and forth with them until we hit the from after game 17. 5 to go, we had top spot, and we hosted the other two contenders in the final two games. Our destiny was in our hands. I felt like we'd been here before.

Unlike the last times we've been in this position we held firm. Sure, our defense leaked a bit, but we slammed home the goals, going 4-2, 3-2, 6-2 and doing what we needed to do to set ourselves up for the last two games. As it turned out our competition faltered, and we had a 5 and 6 point lead on them with 2 to play. A draw was all we needed!

Wakehurst scored early in our encounter and I have to admit that I did think we could find a way to stuff it up. But not this time, this time we found a way! Can't say it was the prettiest way - we scored both our goals from the penalty spot - but we won 2-1 to go up. A lovely dead rubber for the last game to give ourselves the chance to blood three of our newest intake, which we also won, to end the season on a 6 match winning streak and run away with the league by 11 points.

Sometimes the table lies, it was nowhere near that easy, but easy or hard, finally it's a promotion!

Youth Intake

Not as stellar as in the past, hopefully this reflects that our team is getting better not the intakes are getting worse!

• (21a) Gareth Chambers - DC - Big centre back with great aggression and bravery. Bit of a plodder so needs some time on the quickness regime, but otherwise a good prospect.
  • (21b) Eddie McKnight - MC - My favourite of the prospects, not a natural DM but the report says he's retrainable there and I certainly intend to do so due to my previously mentioned need.
  • (21c) Alan O'Connor - DL - An either footed fullback is something that I always like for my teams. With only 5 on the bench here it's tough to carry cover for both sides so it makes him even better.

Awards

• (18k) Uel Nicholl - AMR - The huge beneficiary of our tactic change, he went from not getting a league game last year to setting the all time competition record for assists. You can't argue with 11 goals and 17 assists in 35 games from someone who was on the discard pile!
  • (18f) Chris Bell - ST - I honestly think the fans are blinded by the goals here. Sure he scored 21, but he does little else, and 9 of those goals were in cups and a further 5 in a single league game. A useful finisher but not one of our best 3 players.
  • (19a) Paul Quinn - MC - Definitely a guy who does a bit of everything, he's by far our most well rounded player and more important for us than average rating alone suggests.

Next Season

I'm pretty bullish about what we can achieve. I don't think the gap is that big, and if our young guys continue to improve there's no reason why we can't be in the top division in the next year or two. We need to be, I don't think my sanity can take too many more seasons of dealing with an entire squad on non-contract terms!

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Soviet

- Certain players are complaining that the training is too heavy, but they are not training a new position and don't have addition focus, so I can't disable anything to make it lighter. What do?

Ignore them and hope they get more professional over time.

- Should I be making screens of youth on the day of intake or at the end of season, like above?

I do it on the day of intake, but it doesn't make a lot of difference. Whatever is easiest for you.

- Timeless question: loan or train at club?

I've been doing this challenge since FM12 and in that time I can remember one player I've loaned out that came back and went on to be a first team regular for any period of time. Generally if they're young they do fine in the youth team, if they're old enough for the senior team but not good enough, they never will be.

Hi all, really like your updates about this challenge. Following them all, will reply on some shortly.

I've started myself this challenge in Belgium with Berchem. Will be a massive task to get up in the leagues but looking forward to get involved in this topic!

Keep up the good work and motivation all.

How do you all handle players who are complaining that they want to move to a bigger club?

I had in 2 weeks in-game-time, now 13 (!!!) players who made a fuss about leaving because they've outgrown the club. I lost only 2, yet, but the rest is pissed...

In FM16 i had some ways to handle that (unrealistic high asking prices, for example), but in fm17 nothing seems to work.

@Soviet - Honestly I don't think it matters, it's just a rule to restrict the players loaded that all zero to hero challenges seem to have. I suspect it's a hangover from back in the day for the dafuge challenge when you could load places like Reunion and cheese it.

@Kazushi80 - Asking the captain to talk to them seem to work really well - may depend on your captain's leadership ability?

41 minutes ago, Kazushi80 said:

How do you all handle players who are complaining that they want to move to a bigger club?

@Kazushi80 If I have them under contract for (atleast)the next two seasons I hang on to them. They usually complain during the transfer windows, but when the interest cools off they might even sign a new deal. If the rest of the squad supports their teammate I usually solve it by pointing out that the team will be weakened if I let players go. Haven't encountered your level of complaints though.. 

I have another question: why is loading only one country important? Isn't it making the game unrealistic on a long run?

@Soviet - Honestly I don't think it matters, it's just a rule to restrict the players loaded that all zero to hero challenges seem to have. I suspect it's a hangover from back in the day for the dafuge challenge when you could load places like Reunion and cheese it.

I came here to ask the same question, as now the new patch is out, I want to start my long term FM17 save while also doing the youth challenge and reporting back here on the forums. In my long term saves I always like to have several leagues running but by doing so I'll be breaking one of the mandatory rules of the challenge.

There must be a logical reason otherwise it wouldn't be a mandatory requirement, but the reason is escaping me.

If you want to have a long term save with multiple leagues you can always load the other leagues after you complete the challenge. There's no need to have them loaded while you're doing it. I suspect it will never come up because the vast majority of attempts at this challenge fail. :D

484.png

NK Zadar - Croatia

Has been quite a while since i attempted this, and so far getting into nothing at all in FM17, and have 3 weeks off work so............ Loaded up Croatia (Reset date is 14th June if that helps for the OP)

NK Zadar are the side i have plumped for. They seem to have been up and down a bit over the years, but have solid enough facilities and enough of a squad to start with and even a couple of existing youths who look like they could be worth following. 

Manager Profile

Starting Squad

YP00a - Jurica Cubrillo - Looks like a keeper who has the basics and my Ass Man loves his potential. I have a solid enough first team keeper but will rotate with this kid

YP00b - Dragan Matic - Did someone say "playmaker" :D Those PPM's, that passing and vision. He is going right in as our main man in midfield 

As per, when i took over i was the lone staff member. So a full staff have been recruited, 9 or so friendlies set, a tactic picked (basic 4123 to start) and we are ready to go. 

Dalbeattiestar.png

Dalbeattie Star

Season 5 - 2021/2022

Season Review

I'm going to make this short.  After avoiding 10th in the first 3 seasons only via last game miracles and a playoff victory last season, the luck finally run out against Peterhead and I've lost 3-1 on aggregate (leg 1, leg 2). It was only a matter of time really and it was a painful watching the inevitable goal which killed off any hope.  Finicaly the club is in a bad way as well, losing on average £15,000 per month.  With relegation comes the sacking

So What Did We Learn?

8p0rh4m.gif

So looking back on the challenge what did I learn and what do I need to re-evaluate for my next attempt.

• I wish I paid more attention to the personalty of some of my intakes.  Some had high potential but lacked the determination/work ethic to ever progress that far ahead.
  • Tactically the way I play FM normally is to just keep the same formation and then get players to fit.  Here I need to adapt and identify a tactic quicker which I can use with the players I get rather than trying to fit a square peg into a round hole, this is purely on me (insert Alfred "I failed you crying gif")
  • I'm not too sure on the benefit of having fitness coach over say another general coach of even a keeper coach, especially for the U20's
  • I think I need to re-learn the training side of things and be more proactive on that, normally just leave to assistant manager to assign.
  • Keep a better eye on finance's and don't push too quickly in extending the youth network range when the quality of coaching is not high enough, you just get more of the average players which will not make the grade.

Not sure where I'll go next, I have a few other save files of different teams in Scotland while trying to find a team to go first time around but feel that Scotland is too be a challenge just now.  I think the frozen tundra's of Scandinavia is calling me over......

4 hours ago, The_Gato_In_Goal said:

Wow @Jambo98, I'm 9 years in and Matic would still be one of my best players!

Think it depends a lot on the league. Croatia will be one of the higher rep leagues i assume, and with only 2 divisions i will get a reasonable quality to start i assume 

yfUvqd4.png

Chimney Corner - Season 5 - 2021/22 NIFL Championship

Table | Cups | Squad | Transfers

It's a cliche but I don't really know what else to call it, it was a season of two halves. I said that I hoped we could be competitive because I didn't think the gap was very big, but I certainly didn't expect to go undefeated for our first 12 league games! Towards the end of the run complacency was becoming a real issue, and it was obvious given our much lower expectations that the team felt the job was done. Add in the other teams treating us with a lot more respect and a bunch of nagging injuries robbing us of match fitness and continuity and the form slump was inevitable. We still went into the split after 22 games well placed in second, but the trend was definitely in the wrong direction.

It got even worse in the 5 games after the split, we were just awful, scoring only two goals across those games and managing just the single draw. It was only our points in the bank from earlier in the season that got us over the line, somehow we managed to beat out a couple of teams by a point for the final playoff spot. Given our form though it was hard to be hopeful, we were playing H&W Welders who had just beaten us 2-0 in the last game of the season. 

Naturally expectations are never met and we came out firing. A penalty 3 minutes in got us on our way and we won the home leg 3-1. That set us up nicely where we could just defend for the away leg, and we did just that, sitting back the full 90 minutes before stealing a late sealer as they chased the game and we ran out comfortable 1-0 victors to win 4-1 on aggregate.

So now we had to play Institute for a spot in the top tier. An Injury to our best centre back (18b) James Whiteside in the game the previous week, and his backup in training, meant this was always going to be tough, rolling out an untested player in a big game. We never really looked like it to be honest, they scored early and we didn't have many chances at all, the final scoreline of 2-0 was pretty fair. It's pretty hard to make up 2 goals in the away leg, and although a bit of magic from (19a) Paul Quinn conjured a goal and some hope just before half time, they were the better side, and iced the game in stoppage time as we threw everything at it. A 1-1 draw to see us go down 3-1 on aggregate.

Overall the season showed us that we can definitely compete at this level, but we're not quite ready for the next, so going up probably would have been too soon, so I can't complain too much about just falling short.

Youth Intake

Pleased to see that this is an improvement on last year, with a solid bunch of guys who with some luck could make it behind the 5 star guys.

• (22a) Nigel Devine - DL - My only original first XI player is a left back so I can only assume this is the game telling me to move him on. On paper this guy may already be better, so will have to give him chances next year.
  • (22b) Stephen Owens - DC - I feel like we've got good players at centre back and last year's prospect is better right now so will have to wait in line.
  • (22c) William Agnew - ST - Another pure finisher type striker, I feel like we've got that covered, so he's going to need to show something to break into the team. Is resolute though, which helps a lot.

Awards

It's no coincidence the fans voted in three defenders this year, we really couldn't reproduce the magic going forward we had last year.

• (18b) James Whiteside - DC - Definitely our rock at the back, not the most talented footballer but makes up for it with pure physicality.
  • Stephen Hamill - DL - Our last original in the preferred starting XI is fighting hard to keep his place.
  • (18i) Bobby Black - GK - His keeping is definitely improving with experience and deserves the last spot.

Next Season

It's probably too much to hope for another fast start, so we need to make sure we maintain consistency through the whole year. A bit more improvement and we might go up, we're not far away. Will probably up the expectations with the squad so they don't feel the job is done so early.

@Sanno11 yeah I was hoping that too, but every time I thought I had made a breakthrough it took only a couple of games for it too crash down all around me.

@Shakes yeah Scotland is tough, although not totally impossible I feel.  A more skilled player than me can do it and I do plan to take another attempt at it later on but need to refine strategy first.

I'll take a look at Sweden, but the mighty nation of Iceland seem to be calling me closer....they have a decent national team I hear.

Gryf Wejherowo - Polish Ekstraklasa - Season 2018/19

gryflogo.png

League - a tough season. Polish format is quite interesting: you play everyone twice all normal-like, but then the table is spliced in two, creating championship and relegation mini-tables. You keep 50% of your points and play seven more games. I managed to be 7th before the split, which means I had absolutely nothing to play for in the championship group. Seems kinda lame from supporters perspective but sure is great for first-team opportunities for your youth. I lost five and won only one in the group, but who cares! Getting here was more important and I achieved the 7th place mainly thanks to my "amazing" anti-football tactic, which regularly provides us with more than 75% possession, but absolutely nothing going forward. Few important draws and late winners secured us a place in championship group. Look at post-season Awards.

Cup - bombed out in first game again and I still don't care.

Transfers - absolutely nothing going on.

Squad - second season, so still non-regen players. Good scheduling in Poland and lack of cup games allowed me to keep a very small team. I also made big improvements in medical stuff, which helped us avoid as many injuries as in first season.

Finances - still insecure for some reason. The money for league position and TV rights in Poland are amazing though, even for mid-table newly-promoted guys like us. We have a couple of loans and a lot of construction going on, but I'm not worried.

Key Players

Krzysztof Wicki - our best striker goal-wise and worst stat-wise. Dropped down in later stages of the season but still provided a lot of important points.
Pawel Brzuzy - another good season for our wide midfielder.
Marcin Kalkowski - solid DC all season. A lot of important tackles and not many mistakes.

Youth Intake - Second intake and still no wonderkids! I jest, I jest. Overall I'm very happy, just look at all this professionalism!

Patryk Abramowicz (02A) - decent speed, one goal and one assist in few games against the toughest in the league.
Mateusz Szymczak (02B) - looked very good in March and already improved a lot in two months. Could use more determination.
Tomasz Jordanowski (02C) - another striker, better technical, worse physical than Abramowicz.
Michal Brede (01D) - the tackling kind of MC, which is better for us. Professional AND consistent.

Career Overview

Season		League		Position	Achievements

2017/18		ILP		1st		Champions
2018/19         Eks             8th

Inspired by someone (?) a few pages back doing a summary of every attempt at this challenge in the post, i spent a few hours tonight in between games looking back at all the incarnations of this challenge since FM12 (when it was launched as more than just english leagues). 

I looked at all my attempts and summarised each club, nation and how long i lasted. Looking back on the posts, by far the most common reason for giving up was the shambolic way LLM finances are setup in most versions of FM. :(  My limited experience in the first half or so of my croatia season suggests its no better. Losing about £70k per month, despite being well under wage budget, zero transfer spend and no upgrades to facilities etc. 

55ef4cb70c7b07410131511be6a4f4e1.png

Looking back, the best i ever did was finishing 2nd in the Russian top league, and getting right into the CL group stages back on FM14 with Volgar.  Both my Portugal attempts back in FM13 brought some lovely youths and my very first attempt was in Holland, with a team i still cannot pronounce 5 years later but had a good run wit them. 

Cove Rangers was a brutal 8 seasons. The quality in Scotland is so poor, and you can easily lose any semi decent regen after a year or two for peanuts :( 

Ankara_demirspor_Logo.jpg

Season 2 - Ankara Demirspor - Turkish 3rd Tier

Currenr Profile - League Table - Results 1 - Results 2

Transfers

Season Overview

After just missing out on the play-offs in the previous season I was hoping we could kick on and sneak in this year. I wasn't quite to be though. It was a very stop start type of season. As soon as we would have a decent result, we would follow it up with a poor performance. We managed to go on a decent unbeaten run towards the end of the season and somehow got ourselves in contention for a play-off place but it wasn't to be again as we just missed out. We improved our position by 1 place though and also managed to improve our points total. We did manage to get through the first stage of the cup this year only to come up against top tier opposition. A disappointing 5-1 defeat followed. Overall I am happy with the season as we are still showing improvement.

Youth Players

From the first intake the only player really used has been goalkeeper Tolga Ozturk. He had a good first season and has been attracting a lot of interest from the league above. Thankfully he hasn't agitated for a move yet. he is also the current captain.

Youth Intake

A good youth intake in as much as a decent strike is in there. We have been struggling for goals from our strikers so hopefully Yanus Akbaba can step up next season. Also Firat Seven looks to have a good future. I will be re-training him as a left winger as we don't play with an AMC.

Next Season

So the plan for next season is to basically carry on from where we finished this season and increase on our position and points total again. Hopefully we can incorporate Akbaba and Seven into the starting 11.

Image result for sv spakenburg

SV Spakenburg - 2025/26

Jupiler League | League Table | Dutch Cup | Transfers | Squad | Facilities | Finances | Best 11 

Ultimately, this was a frustrating season. We've now got good enough players to be an established mid-table side, but the quality gap between the best teams is still pretty large. Also, so many Eredivisie players get loaned down to the Jupiler League that our job is a lot harder. Hopefully we can build up a good few youth intakes and they will be able to fill the final gaps in our team. We managed to get another junior coaching upgrade (it hasn't been an option for a couple years) and our final training facility upgrade is set to be done next September. So after that, we have the best facilities possible (at least for training) and we should be able to start producing and developing some gems. Because of that upgrade, finances are down below 1M for the first time this save, but when you get 2.1M in TV money, it's not a problem.

Class of 2026

Gerald Druppers (09a) - Already has 14 tackling and a Pro personality

Johan Schouten (09b) - FINALLY I GOT A RB

Herman Frijn (09c) - Looks like a very decent CB

Class of 2025

John Lammers (08a)

Onur Şerifoğlu (08b)

Class of 2024

Carlos Rijssel (07a)

Jos van Staa (07b)

Class of 2023

Erik van Hoof (06a)

Rob Bergkamp (06b)

Gijsbert Loukili (06c)

Toine Ruijmgaart (06d)

Class of 2022

Daan Janssen (05a)

Brian Spaan (05b)

Class of 2021

Mitchel de Koning (04a)

Erdem Yiğat (04b)

Remco van der Veen (04c)

Mike Kuijpers (04e)

Class of 2020

Emre Taylan (03a)

Dennis van der Wal (03b)

Sebastão Ntyamba (03d)

Class of 2019

Kees van Berlo (02a)

Nathan Felomina (02c)

Class of 2018

Ed van den Beld (01a)

Jan van der Heijden (01e)

2nd Nationality Watch

Turkey x9

Morocco x8

Suriname x6

Angola x2

Aruba x2

Indonesia x2

Cape Verde x1

Curaçao x1

Greece x1

Career Overview

Season    League            Position    Dutch Cup      Training Facilities    Youth Facilities     Junior Coaching     Youth Recruitment   Achievements/Notes     Top Scorer                  Most Assists                            Highest Avg Rating 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2017/18   Jupiler League    19th        2nd Round      Poor                   Basic                Basic               Fairly Basic        N/A                    Tol/van der Meiracker (16)  Tol (7)                                 Tol (7.07) 
2018/19   Jupiler League    19th        4th Round      Basic                  Poor                 Basic               Fairly Basic        N/A                    Tol (17)                    van der Meiracker (7)                   van der Meiracker (6.97)   
2019/20   Jupiler League    18th        2nd Round      Below Average          Below Average        Adequate            Fairly Basic        N/A                    Tol (13)                    Oostinjen (10)                          Custovic (7.09)  
2020/21   Jupiler League    19th        2nd Round      Below Average          Below Average        Average             Fairly Basic        N/A                    Tol (14)                    Tol (7)                                 van der Heijden (01e) (6.98)  
2021/22   Jupiler League    19th        3rd Round      Adequate               Below Average        Average             Fairly Basic        N/A                    van der Heijden (01e) (9)   van Berlo (02a) (5)                     Veerman (7.06)  
2022/23   Jupiler League    16th        3rd Round      Average                Below Average        Good                Fairly Basic        N/A                    Tol (16)                    Oostinjen (8)                           Oostinjen/van der Wal (03b) (6.91)  
2023/24   Jupiler League    16th        4th Round      Good                   Below Average        Excellent           Fairly Basic        N/A                    van der Heijden (01e) (14)  Oostinjen/Taylan (03a) (6)              van der Wal (03b) (7.06) 
2024/25   Jupiler League    7th         2nd Round      Impressive             Below Average        Excellent           Fairly Basic        N/A                    van der Heijden (01e) (15)  Bergkamp (06b) (9)                      Kujipers (04e) (7.22)
2025/26   Jupiler League    11th        4th Round      Impressive             Adequate             Exceptional         Fairly Basic        N/A                    van Staa (07b) (24)         van Staa (07b)/van der Wal (03b) (7)    van Staa (07b) (7.13)

Selkirkfc.png

SELKIRK FC - SEASON EIGHT - 2024/25

Scottish Cup - Betfred Cup - Challenge Cup

League Table:

Another 9th place finish, we actually did the opposite of what we normally did, we started slowly but our form came at the end of the season.

Squad:

Some more of the Youth prospects are coming into the team, slowly improving but still need some more quality.

Transfers:

Finances:

Still not enough to upgrade anything, we ned to start selling some players to raise the cash.

Youth Intake:

Youth Signed:

Kieran Allan seems to have a bright future and is a good striker, hopefully he can get us the goals!

Home Grown Watch:

Gerry Noble YP21a still the best player at the club, hasn't improved much.

Kieran Allan YP25a Could be the best prospect we've had so far.

Best XI

2017/18		SPFL2		10th		
2018/19		SPFL2		9th		
2019/20		SPFL2		8th 
2020/21		SPFL2		10th
2021/22		SPFL2		9th		
2022/23		SPFL2		9th
2023/24		SPFL2		9th		
2024/25		SPFL2		9th		

484.png

NK Zadar - Croatia - Season 1

Final Table | Past Positions | Transfers | Finances | Facilities

Season Summary

Final position - 9th (of 12)

It was a fairly typical opening season in this challenge.  A bit of a slog, we were inconsistent and took me some time to settle on a preferred tactic. We also were caught out a little by the fact that the Croatian second division has a rule that 3 U21 players must start (and play 45mins - Checkatrade take note...) each game. This meant our youth keeper getting more time than i imagined. We had a little run at the start but settled into a pattern of inconsistency. The long winter break in Croatia helped a bit and we went to a 4231 shape after that which was a little stranger, in that we seemed to match and beat teams at the top, but struggle with those around us. 

With 3 relegation slots from a league of 12, it was dicey. We spent a lot of time in the last relegation spot but a small run near the end, when we changed our striker, made enough of a difference and we were safe with a game to go. 

The cup was nothing worth speaking about. Beat a non league team then lost to one in my division. 

Top Performers

Picked out 2 from this year who impressed somewhat:

Vlatko Blazevic - Missed a lot of the early part of the season with injury, then i didnt play him much but with about 8 games to go i installed him as my main striker and he fired us to safety with 8 goals in his last 10 games. Has possession of the #9 jersey for the moment

Juraj Maretic - Our main source of assists a lot of the time, playing in AMR in our 4231 he really kicked on. Not great attributes but for our level, he can be a good asset

Tagged Youths Update

YP00a - Jurica Cubrillo - Started a big chunk of our games due to the aforementioned rule. Unfortunately in Jan when i went to negiotiate an extended deal, he wouldnt sign anything without a min fee release of £44k ("restricted by agent" it says - He has no agent. Nice coding). I then turned down some bids from the league above of about £80k which made him unhappy. No point selling for that, barely covers my losses for 1 month. 

YP00b - Dragan Matic - Started most of our games in the engine room. Bit of a lack of assists, have to work out how to get the best from him to help us succeed i think. 

Youth Intake 

Intake - A very nice looking first intake, with a couple who might be ready to contribute right away. A spread across positions is also a bonus. Will tag 3 this time. 

YP01a - Vlatko Ivanovic - A very nice looking young striker, with a good personality which suggests he might develop quickly. Gave him a few games after the intake and he got his first goal for us

YP01b - Milo Culina - We lack a bit of quality at DC and he has the basics, big and fairly strong and not slow. Also, his name somewhat reminds me of Mila Kunis :D 

YP01c - Ante Culic - An interesting one, because his personality looks like a real red flag, but i am tagging him to see if i can help overcome that. He actually has some nice attributes so will get tutored ASAP

Other / off the field

Finances are  a mess as the screenshot at the top shows. We lose about £70k most months, which makes no sense as we are about 70% under our wage budget and spend zero on transfers, and have no great youth setup costs. 

As a result, no chance of any facility upgrades sadly. 

Greek Youth Adventure - Season 11

htMf2.png

Here goes, our first season in the Champions League! We are so much closer to the final objective of this challenge than we have ever been. Due to the Greek League being 7th in the Nation Coefficients we went straight into the Group Stage of the competition, where we were drawn in a group with Atletico Madrid, Inter Milan and Borussia MunchenGladbach. Our performance? Well, i don't know if performance is the right word for what we did in the Group F. We finished dead last, not a single point, a single goal scored and no less than 28 received!!! We were pretty much destroyed in every single game, which got me thinking that we will need another 10 years until we are good enough to challenge for European Competitions. We did got some good money out of it though, with 12.7m for participation in the group stage and 11.5m from the TV revenue.

The poor form applied to our league also, where we as defending champions only finished 6th in the Greek Superleague. Things could have been a lot worse as we picked up the form in the second part of the season and 6th is the highest we ever been in the league - at one point in the beginning of the season we were actually last in the league and remained in the second part of the table. 6th position meant that we missed on the European places playoffs. Our luck comes again from the Greek Cup, which we won in a penalty final against Xanthi, after we met on the way to the final bot Pao and Ol. That means that next year we go back to the Europa League  Group Stages, where I hope we can do a better impression than in our Champions League experience.

I wondered what might have caused such a drop in form, from 1st to 6th in the League. I think it's a combination of our run in the Champions League and the fact that we lost this summer two of our best prospects in Transfers out to Arsenal and Valencia. I actually didn't want to sell but the chairman said that much money were to good to refuse. Actually, Stergiopoulos 25e developed quite nice and played a lot of games being loaned to Stoke, being our only former or present player which got selected to the Greek team at the European Championship 2028. I think it's the first time losing 2 players messes up my performance so bad. Might be a mistake of mine also as I realized a bit late we don't have the quality anymore for playing with AMC in front of 2 MC and switched to a DM behind them in the second part of the season. 

The Season Awards go to D Kourouthianakis 24a for being our goalscorer, C Ntoupis 17a for the most assists and  T Baltzakis 20a for being the most consistent player. Our Team doesn't lack in depth, but we need some quality enhancement I feel. What makes me optimistic is that we have no less than 6 players capped for the Under 19s Greek National Team, so maybe the quality is there, we just need to be patient and make it grow nicely. The future stars of Greek football would be: P Louladis 26b, D Maronitis 26c, A Georgous 26e, M Tzifoulis 26fM Trachalakis 27b and C Markantonakis 27c. In addition, we got more than a decent Youth Intake this summer also.

Our Finances are so good at this point that we made a profit of over 9 million the last financial year. That got me pushing for another upgrade, and I got it for our Training Facilities. Bonus to that our board increased the Youth Development Budget also. With well-established youth recruitment and excellent youth facilities I think we are not for from maximizing these aspects. At a shallow analysis after the upgrades we will be the best team in Greece producing young players. The only question now is: are Greek regens good enough to win Champions League?

As a bonus, i received two Job Offers after the European Championship: the national teams of England and Switzerland. Guess I might be doing something right after all :)

Grenoble Foot 38 - Youth Intake 2021

f4LaxHz.png

A solid youth intake for us, I've tagged 5 players from the class including two that could be fantastic starters for us. We seem to be getting a lot of wingers over the past couple of intakes, so it might be time for me to develop a second tactic I can use in cup games to try and give them some game time. At some point in the challenge it might be wise to change tactics if the intakes dictate it. 

Nicolas Guinot (YP21A) - After we got a reasonable goalkeeper prospect last season, we now have a potential long term replacement for Brice Maubleu. Guinot looks pretty reasonable so far, his high handling stat is particularly promising. I will need to improve that unambitious personality, but hopefully some tutoring from Maubleau (resolute personality) will change that. Next year, I will look to give Guinot starts in cup games and try get him developing quickly. 

Sylvain Poirier (YP21B) - Another very promising left back prospect. Poirier may struggle to make it into the first team at WBL, but his versatility in being able to play DC as well should mean he can become a great bench option at worst. If he develops quickly he could always become the starting WBL, but Clerc is developing quickly at the moment. 

Jonathan Schaeffer (YP21C) - Mentally, Schaeffer has a great base for a central defender. But he does have a lot of work to do on his technical and physical attributes. I'd also like to get right of that 'Dwells on the Ball' trait, not something I'd like to see for a DC. 

Damien Huber (YP21D) - The first of this years promising wingers. He's absolutely tiny, at only 5'0" tall. He does look interesting though with good flair and technique, a lot of developing to go before he might force my hand to change the formation. 

Remy Lucas (YP21E) - Another promising winger, he got plenty of speed and some interesting PPMs. Like Huber, he has a solid base in flair and technique, and again he has a lot of work to do before he'll challenge a starting for a starting role. 

Ilkeston F.C Season 8

Sky Bet League 2

65Nqm16.png                           

League| Squad |Transfers|Fixtures 1 | Fixtures 2| Finances

Season overview

This season saw us return to the football league and this time we made sure we would stick around. With no departures from the playing staff, we could for the first time in a while begin a season as strong as we finished the previous one. A opening day defeat at Port vale was quickly forgotten with an emphatic 4-0 home win over Leyton Orient. This great performance quickly seemed to be an outlier and after 10 games we had only won two. Our formation has been a variation of 4-1-3-2 narrow for a couple of seasons, with our form struggling I changed to a 4-3-1-2 narrow, swapping the DM for an AP and it had a positive effect. We managed to win 6 from the next 10, including wins against fellow relegation candidates. Peter Havern (YP22a) moaned about wanting to move to a bigger club, how I dealt with this affected the squads morale and we had a terrible run of form in the new year. We lost 7 in a row and went winless for 10 games in total. The gap to the relegation spots was down to 3 points. Then a completely unexpected result at home changed the season, a 6-0 thumping of Wycombe, other than a firm team talk I hadn't changed anything. This boosted morale and we won another 4 games in a run of 7 unbeaten. This took us to the point where we had guaranteed safety and so I got some youths in the first team and tried some different ideas, unsurprisingly we lost the final 3 games, finishing in 19th position. Really pleased to survive this time and with the squad developing well, I am optimistic for next year.

For only the second time in my 8 years did we put together a little cup run, reaching the 3rd round of the FA cup before losing 4-0 away at Premier League Sheffield Wednesday.

Top Peformers

Roy Lee - Lee has developed into a really solid player at this level, he has become more consistent and clinical. He managed 24 goals in all competitions, he is starting to win me over now.

Brian James (YP23d) - Came on leaps and bounds over the last two seasons, is the only player in the team that is irreplaceable. Quick and good in the year, I just need him to become a little more consistent

Youth Intake

I replaced my HOYD in the summer and the first intake for the new guy wasn't bad at all. We still haven't improved our youth recruitment network so I suppose the lack of depth is realistic.

Russel Evans (YP25a) - Definitely not the finished article, but good tackling. Work rate is his biggest weakness. With a good personality I will get him involved straight away.

Dion Parkinson (YP25b) - Finally, a fullback/wingback who can play a bit, has a great work rate, his training will focus on quickness. Due to an injury to my usual DL, he played in 10 games and managed 2 assists, looking quite comfortable.

Mark Fellows (YP25c) - I will keep an eye on his development, his Jumping reach worries me and will need to improve before reaching the first team

7098d34e4dac70d2c0fb1e5b7ab0f952.pngMOpri7K.png

Having struggled for 8 years with no suitable tutors in the squad, I am taking a stand and have hatched a plan. I need a player who has a good personality, good determination, OK ambition (enough so he develops, not too much that he wants to leave), some level of ability (least important really) and can play in a couple of positions.

This plan was conceived at the 2023 intake but it was fully initiated this year. Enter Ash Benfield.

He came to the club in the 2023 Intake. He was ranked 13th in potential ability, however he had 18 determination and a professional personality. I let him sit in the U18 squad for the following season and decided if he managed to retain a good amount of his determination I would move forward with the plan.

Here he is in 2024 (Ash Benfield), his determination had dropped to 15 but was holding. So for this season I brought into the first team. The aim is to keep him involved in the squad until he reaches 23 (as soon as he can tutor) and then he will just hang around for the rest of his career tutoring anyone who needs it.

The first season was a success (end of season profile). Ash performed well and ended up keeping a first team place for most of the season. He finished with 4 goals and 9 assists and developed well. His potential ability has now risen to 4.5 stars, so he may actually become a good little player.

Obviously this is a long term plan, it may fail or even better I may not need it if most of my intakes have good personalities but I have a feeling Ash Benfield may come in handy down the road.

Club Overview

We have had our first youth player appear in the premiership, Mullarkey who abandoned us 3 years ago, made a sub appearance for Brentford. We have pushed our youth coaching to the excellent level following this season and our stadium is being expanded to 5000.

Season summary

Barring a few bad runs it was an enjoyable season and one we can build on. I think we are more than capable of avoiding those poor runs next year and with all of the squad staying until next year I don't see why we can't hit mid table. By doing something silly like project tutor, I have an even greater affinity for the club, which will help me stay motivated,

@Sanno11 - Congratulations on staying up! Interesting idea with holding on to tutors, I hope it works out for you!

Tutoring has been working fantastically for me in this career. After a month of tutoring from Maubleu, my new GK who had an Unambitious personality is now Resolute and has had his Determination rise by 7 points.  

@The_Gato_In_Goal - Yeah, I think I'm going to have to start developing a tactic with two wingers incase he and my other winger prospects develop nicely. Might work on it for use in the cup games next season and get the prospects more playing time. 

Gr%C3%B3tta_logo.png

IF Grotta Season 1 2017

I'm back after being sacked by Atlantis, After a short period of grieving, I decided to give Iceland and its 22 game seasons a go. After my first sim I got IF Grotta and I decided to take them over.

Competitions- We lost in cup first round. And then we bottled promotion. We lost 2 of the last 3 games of the season and missed out on promotion by a point a tiny little point. As you can imagine I was fuming and I'll have to toil through another season of Icelandic 2nd division football

Squad- Overall no problems with players being too ambitious. I played a simple 4-4-2 with a standard mentality which worked moderately well and had other managers praising my tactical brain. The fans player of the season was RM Petur Steinn Porsteinsson, our top scorer was CM Asgeir Aron Asgeirson with 6 and top assists was a draw between ST Viktor Smari Segotta and the POTS Porsteinsson with 3 each.

Transfers- None, player signed happened before reset day,

Youth Intake- Very impressive youth intake with 7 5 star PA players. Top player of the intake had to be Guomunder Einarsson 17D. Kari Porsteinsson 17E was the only player to play senior football, but was dissapointing in the final game when his sending off resulted in the goal that ultimately stopped us from winning.

484.png

NK Zadar - Croatia - Season 2

Final Table | Past Positions | Transfers | Finances | Facilities

Season Summary

Final position - 1st!!! (of 12) - PROMOTED 

Well, that was both epic, scary and unexpected at this point in the challenge. Going into the season, i felt reasonably optimistic that we wouldnt be in a relegation battle again. We had a tactic which was good going forward, but felt shakey at the back, and so it proved! 3 wins from our first 5 was a nice solid start, but then we hit a mini slump and were back down to mid table. Another nice run from mid October to the winter break brought us back up into contention at the sharp end.

In the transfer window (which coincides with the long winter break), with just a day to go, my chairman sells YP00b) from under me, and for a pathetic price. Was raging at this as i had him tied down for 3 more years at a tiny wage. Also had very little depth in the CM position to make it worse. 

Post break, we stared ok with 2 wins and 2 draws, including drawing away at the top club. It was incredibly tight at the top and at this stage, i felt like i had a chance to nick the playoff spot with a fair wind. 2 consecutive defeats, including at home to the bottom club, put a bit of a dent in that. With 9 games to go we were down in 4th and were really going to have to go some to catch the second placed team for a playoff spot. We set off on a run which i can barely believe. Across the next 7 games, we had 4 wins and 3 draws, and what was most unbelievable was that we had a crazy run of injuries and suspensions through this. At times i was struggling to field a side, and did something i never do twice, gave players injections in order to have them available. 

2 games in this phase summed up my ups and downs:

First, when you go down to 9 men, and still score a late winner, you start to think "this might just be our year"

Then, 7 days later, you have a 4 v 1 lead at home, with less than 30mins to go. The game ends up 4 v 4 and you think "yeah not happening"

However, we regrouped. After the 4 v 4 draw, we had 2 games  to, and fate would have it that we had to play the 2 other teams in contention for promotion (We sat 3rd at this point). It was in our hands. 2 wins and we would be champions. 4pts would almost certainly see us in the playoffs. Even 2pts might. 

First up, away to the pace setters all season, Lokomotiva Zagreb. We fell behind early, but YP01a (starting because we still had insane injuries, and had to shuffle my star striker out to the wing to fill a space) smashed one in from 19 yards to put us level.  With 12mins to go, they get a red and we go for it. 2mins later, my star man Blazevic pops up in the box to turn in the winner. We hold on, and are now just a win away from a promotion part. This was our biggest challenge yet and we came through. 

Final game, home to 3rd place Cibalia. We got off to a flier with 2 set piece goals (both by the same DC) but on the half hour mark they get one back. We look comfy but my defence all season has been horrid so i was nervy. Our injuries had improved marginally at this point, but i had opted to keep YP01a in the starting line up, and keep my best striker on the wing. YP01 duly reward me with a stunning 3rd goal, off the underside of the bar from 30 yards and we were home and dry. 

Champions :D Promoted :D 

We fired our way to this promotion really, 59 goals in just 33 games. 40 conceded is a bit scary - this approach surely wont work in a league higher. I do fear that promotion is a little early, as we are very light on quality but what the heck!

The cup was nothing worth speaking about, again. Lost in ET to a non league team in the first round

Top Performers

The 2 non youths who were the engine behind this season. 

Vlatko Blazevic - Our key man up top smashed in 17 goals. He did have to play on the wing a few times, purely because we are light on CM / AM types and my regular AML was pressed into action elsewhere a few times, and i have no backup AML. 

Antonio Zupan - This guy looks pretty poor attribute wise, but his speed and crossing ability, with that PPM, mean he had a crazy 14 assists from right back! 

Tagged Youths Update

YP00a - Jurica Cubrillo - Became clear first choice, and after a bit of argy bargy when i turned down Jan bids, he relented and signed a new long term contract. His attribute development is slow, but most likely that is down to our poor facilities and standard of coaching. 

YP00b - Dragan Matic - Had a nice enough first half, then gone forever to Hadjuk. The deal was £40k up front, £36k over 12 months, £5k per appearance for 10 appearances, £24k after 10 league apperances, £24k after 1 cap and 40% of profit on next transfer. So realistically i might get £150k total out of this deal, unless he kicks on and they sell for a profit. Not good. 

YP01a - Vlatko Ivanovic - A nice first season, got 10 starts despite Blazevic being in hot form up front, and lots more time from the bench. 8 goals a nice return, and gives me an interesting dilema for ST in season 2

YP01b - Milo Culina - Was unlucky in that our formation was so shaky at the back, i was reluctant to play anything other than my 2 best DC. Need to give him game time next year though if he is to develop

YP01c - Ante Culic - Got a chunk of game time due to injuries, and i also pushed him into 2 games near season end with pain killing injections. Did not perform badly, but also not brilliantly. Tutoring has developed him from "lacking ambition" to "balanced" already

Youth Intake 

Intake - A bit low on quality if i am honest, but i had a good one last year so shouldnt complain. One good loking winger, a possible replacement for YP00b. Also a bit striker heavy, and given i already have a few youth strikers and play only one up, creates a bit of a dilema

YP02a - Toni Culina - A right winger, which i could do with, and starts with speed, crossing ability and work rate / team work. My coaches are all bullish on his potential, and Dinamo were already sniffing around him after 4 end of season cameo appearances. 

YP02b - Jozo Juric - Possibly a CM who could replace Matic. No where near as good, but good technique and first touch will help in a playmaker role, and decent PPM to start. 

Other / off the field

Finances continue to be a disaster, the Matic sale barely making any impact. We are half a mill in the red, but i did get an end of season message about a potential change of chairman (although can he really afford that price.....) 

All facilities remain static as a result of the financial situation :( Hopefully promotion might help with that. 

Yi2H6Ua.png

Eléctrico F.C.

Season 3 – 2019/2020

Squad // League Table First Phase (5th) // League Table Relegation Stage (2nd) // Transfers

A little bit of an uneventful season. We couldn't get in the promotion stage since our group was harder than last year. We had a long time a big problem with goalscoring. Our oldie Rui Costa was the second best goalscorer with only 5 goals. The amateur was again the best player, but he's getting too old, now. He's too slow so i don't think he will get that much game time another year. Luizinho found his game in the second part of the season after a tactic change. Because of the high number of good central defenders i changed to 5 at the back with attacking wing backs and Luizinho could play in his best role as a Poacher just waiting upfront. After that we started scoring more goals and winning more games. So a 5 – 4 – 1 will be my system next season.

The Youth Intake: Don't fix something if it's not broke. Decided to hire a new Head Of Youth Development i discovered with better stats than his predecessor. The result: worst intake ever. Not one player with at least 4 stars potential. On the upside: A lot with high determination so i kept them to get the team average up in the hope of avoiding the big determination drops the next season i had in the past

- Vitor Sa (YP03a): The one player i used and will use in my first team already. The quality in goal is a big problem, he and Daniel Carneiro (YP02e) are very similar, but since Vitor has better Handling, Reflexes and Command Of The Area i tend to make him my first choice goalkeeper

- Diogo Funenga (YP03b): since i tried a new system with 5 at the back at the end of the season, i try to make a right wing back out of him (because he has 5+ crossing and dribbling, which have not many players at my club.

- Diogo Carapinha (YP03c): the next central defender. Will he ever play a role in my first team? I dont't know.

I don't know what i should think about next season. My plan was originally to get in the promotion stage again and challenging that, but the off season was catastrophic. As i wrote already here, we got a load of offers for our players. Every younger first team player was wanted by a bigger (professional) club. I made a bad call and sold my two best players (i ask myself why since a few days), the rest is pissed because i declined all other offers. And squad harmony seems to be a big deal on FM 17. So the start to the season is not good.

Grenoble-Foot 38 - End of Season Review 2020/21

kW9Cw2e.png

Squad - League Table - Ligue 2 Results - French Cup Results - Coupe de la Ligue Results - Transfers - Finances

Ligue 2 - 10th

I was hoping to stay up this season, but this was a fantastic way to do it! We were never really in danger of relegation and spent the whole season right around mid-table. We secured safety with 5 games to go, we weren't impressive after that as players seemed complacent and I gave some youngsters game time. 

After scoring around the league average in our promotion campaign we have surprisingly ended up with the 6th best scoring record in the league. Our defensive performance dropped a bit with the step up, we've still managed to have a middle of the pack defense conceding just over a goal per game. 

Coupe de la Ligue - Knocked out in 3rd Round

I used the cups to give some of my younger players some game time, so getting to the 3rd round of this competition was quite a surprise. But we played well to knock off two of the teams in out division, unfortunately Montpellier were too strong for us. On the plus side we did earn over £300k in prize money from this little run.

French Cup - Knocked out in Quarter Finals

It was a solid run thanks to some favourable draws. I'm really disappointed we didn't make the Semi Finals after were drawn against Bourg-en-Bresse, currently a National division side. 

Top Performers

Brice Maubleu (GK) - we weren't quite as strong defensively this year, but Maubleu still had a great season for us. He played every game for us and conceded only 46 goals in 47 games and kept 18 clean sheets. I'll look to give youth GKs games in the cups next season, but Maubleu will still be the best in the squad for a few more years at least. 

Hugo Cianci (WBR) - Another great season for Cianci, he scored 4 and created 5 this season and his huge work rate and distance covered really is a huge benefit to the rest of the season. He does pick up plenty of cards, but when he has a lot of attacking responsibilities and has to get back to defend I think they're pretty acceptable. 

Julien Clerc (YP19B) (WBL) - The first of three youngsters to establish themselves as key players for our side this season. Clerc has developed fantastically now we're training full time, his mental and physical stats are looking really solid. He does have some work to do on his technical stats, but I'm delighted with his development and performances this season.

Mathias Horjak (YP17A) (MC) - A bout of food poisoning cost Horjak a  third consecutive season of starting every game for us. He has been fantastic adding more assists to his game this season (7) and chipping in with 4 goals as well. It may well be a struggle to keep hold of him, half of the Belgian Premier division is after him and I ended up accepting his transfer request. Hopefully I can reject a load of offers and they might lose interest.

Nicolas Belvito (ST) - He might be 34 now, but Belvito is still a key member of our side. Despite the jump in class he managed to score (15) and create (9) more than he did last year. He will be around for a couple more years I imagine, but I could really use a tall striker prospect to start developing as his replacement. 

Jeremy Amestoy (YP18A) (ST) - I was originally planning to have Crus be our starting poacher again this season. But Amestoy gave me no choice but to start him, he came of the bench in the second game of the season and scored the goal to put us up 2-1 before adding 2 goals in the Coupe de la Ligue game. He earned a chance to start early on, and he excelled! His 19 goals in a season (13 in the league) equalled Belvito's single season record from the 2017/18 season. He's a key player for us now

Youth Watch

Julien Guillaume (YP18C) - Guillaume got plenty of game time this season due to injuries and suspensions and has developed really well. His average rating isn't as impressive as our other CBs, but I will look to continue to give him starts where possible, although it might be a bit early for him to earn the starting job outright. 

Cherubin Kouyombo (YP19D) - Whilst Cianci looks to have a few years left him in him yet, Kouyombo is the future at WBR. He needs to improve technically, particularly on the attacking side of things, but he's still very young and has a lot of time. With Cianci picking up bans quite regularly, Kouyombo will get plenty of starts in the league in addition to cup games. 

Robert Fabre (YP19A) - Fabre has surpassed Crus as our third choice striker after looking impressive in his limited opportunities this season. He will get starts in cup games as I try to work out how to pair him and Amestoy together. With both being under 6 foot tall using a target man doesn't seem wise, I'm attempt to use a false nine in a two striker formation no idea whether that will work at all!

Club Overview

With the addition of TV revenue, improved attendances, and additional prize money from the Coupe de la Ligue; we've made a profit of £1million this season which has got us back into the black! Hopefully by the end of next season we will have built up enough of a bank balance for the board to consider granting me some facility upgrades. 

We're in the midst of a takeover at the moment. Hopefully we get lucky with a new owner who is happy to build through youth and is interested in investing into the facilities. 

Goals for Next Season

We had a great season this year, but if we do regress a little I won't be too disheartened. I'd like to see us finish in at least a comfortable mid-table position. Hopefully we can also manage a nice cup run again. 

Otherwise, we just want to hold on to the players we have and try and get some fast development from the youngsters to set us up for a promotion push in a few years time. 

Yi2H6Ua.png

Eléctrico F.C.

Season 4 – 2020/2021

Squad // League Table First Phase (9th) // League Table Relegation Stage (3rd) // Transfers

Our worst season, yet. It's going downhill. I said it in the last report already, we had a big problem with other clubs going after our players and i made the big mistake to let our two best players leave. The First Phase was so bad. We scored only 13 goals in 18 games, in only 3 games we scored more than 1 goal. At least our 5 at the back system proved to be solid in the defense. In the Relegation Stage we turned it around with 8 wins and only 3 losses in 14 games. And we started to score more goals.

Luizinho is still our best striker, but he has so many real bad games. We need some one more reliable upfront. Reliable was our new goalkeeper. Youngster Vitor Sá (YP 03a) from last years intake became our new number 1 and proved himself with 13 clean sheets in 32 league games. Unfortunately his stats are not really improving that much (maybe because of his low determination?).

On other news: a lot of players from the beginning left us, so we've a real small squad. As i exptected our oldie and best player in the past years Rui Costa didn't feature that much, so he decided to leave. A few weeks later he retired and is now searching for backroom staff job. Unfortunately his stats are not great, so i've no use for him.

The Youth Intake: The second disappointing intake in a row. At least two players with 4+ stars potential...

- Francisco Matela(YP 04a): A talented striker, good finishing and i like his teamwork. Since we've problems in front of goal, i gave him a few games in the first team already. Had some very good performances, some disappointing ones. Not consistent enough to be a starter every week, but i'll try to give him as much game time between the youth and the first team as possible.

- Corentin Texier (YP 04b): The next central defender. I've a lot of players for this position, so he stays in the youth team for now. But he's big, has good marking and tackling so i think he'll become a first team player in the future...

- Animaxandro Camará (YP 04c): Only 3 stars potential, but his stats are okay, so he could feature a little bit next season. He's a versatile offensive player, but don't know yet, where he'll exactly fit in my plans. On the wings i have wingers and since he's right footed and more of an inside forward he would not be that perfect for the left wing … but since i need players for there...

Don't know what to expect from next season, again. I need to make progress. Otherwise I may be tempted to start this challenge again (and without repeating some big mistakes i made). I am really unsure about tactics at the moment, but since it worked so good in the relegation stage i think i'll keep the 5-4-1 for now – hoping that we've no injuries since we've no depth in some positions.

Season 3 - Ankara Demirspor - Turkish 3rd Tier

Current Profile - League Table - Results 1 - Results 2

Transfers

Season Overview

After just missing out on the play-offs again in the previous season the target was to finish top 5 this year and qualify. I was in for a shock. We had a terrible season. with just 1 loss in the first 6 games it looked like we might actually be able to challenge but the wheels fell off and if it hadn't been for a 1-0 victory over Bucaspor 3 games from the end of the season we would of been relegated. The only plus point from the season came through our performances in the Turkish cup. Particularly a 4-3 win away to top tier Alanyaspor. The win meant we progressed through to the group stages for the first time and we didn't embarrass ourselves despite a 6-1 away loss to Besiktas. Believe it or not we was the better team on the day.

Youth Players

Tolga Ozturk - Has gone from strength to strength this season and is looking like a real prospect. Getting a lot of interest from other teams now though. So far I have managed to reject all offers without the board interfering. The offers got as high as £400k so I am hoping the board don't step in again (see below).

Yanus Akbaba - There was a lot of pressure on his young shoulders to provide the goals this year. Despite scoring in the opening 2 games he only had 4 league goals in 19 games when the board decided to accept a £180k bid. I was fuming! I hope this doesn't become the norm as we are struggling as it is.

Firat Seven - Big things were expected from the attacking midfielder. He didn't live up to expectations though. I re-trained him as a left winger and I don't think this helped. Next season I will be building a new tactic with an attacking midfield position to accommodate him.

Emirhan Cimen - Broke through to the first team and had a decent first season finishing with an average rating of 6.99.

Youth Intake

The youth team facilities were improved in the first season and we now have good junior coaching. It seems to have paid of as we had our best intake yet. Hopefully a few of these lads can influence the first team next year as we certainly need a boost.

Next Season

It's almost back to the drawing board next season. I will be building a new tactic and hoping to utilise some of this years intake. Hoping to keep hold of Tolga Azturk as well as he is now getting agitated following interest from other clubs.

Rot-Weiß Oberhausen - Season Two

3.Bundesliga

ZhZ3mZO.png

League Table | SquadTransfers | Youth Intake | Fixtures 1 | Fixtures 2 | Best XI

League

Finished the league in 8th, one point shy of last year's finish. Unlike last year's quick start, we struggled for form early in the season before rebounding and spending the second half of the season firmly in that 7-10 range. GK Robin Udegbe was injured early in the season and we spent 4 games with a greyed-out keeper, parking the bus and praying for luck. We lost each game 1-0 before trying something different and losing 3-0 in the final game without Udegbe. Winning 11 out of 15 matches from the end of September until the beginning of February allowed us the cushion we needed to comfortably avoid relegation. We never challenged for the promotion unfortunately, hopefully we can make a push next season.

Finances

Still bad. Not sure how to fix this without fielding a team that can't play competitive games.

Key Players

Patrick Bauder - 8 goals and 7 assists along with 6 PotM awards in 37 appearances - enough to be named to the 3.Bundesliga Team of the Year. Highest average rating this season.

Rafael Garcia - Key member of the attack this season, 32 appearances, 4 goals, 8 assists.

Simon Engelmann - The other winger. Engelmann was outstanding this season, with 8 goals and 5 assists in 32 appearances.

Youth Intake

A few good guys here. We'll see if they can start to contribute in Year 4.

Kleto Beqiri (YP02a)

Edin Muharemovic (YP02b)

Niko Landgraf (YP02c)

Nicolas Dopper (YP02d)

Marcel Blaswich (YP02g)

Career Overview

Season      League         Position    Top Scorer      Top Player    Achievements
2017/18     3.Bundesliga   7th         Kaya (15)       Kaya (7.07)   Earned Nat C & Nat B Badges
2018/19     3.Bundesliga   8th         Steinmetz (10)  Bauder (7.14)

Off-Field Progress

Season  Finances    Av. Attendance  Capacity    Training Facs.  Youth Facs. Youth Rec.     Junior Coaching
2017/18 (£696K)     4,328           21,318      Adequate        Adequate    Fairly Basic   Adequate
2018/19 (£1.2M)     3,986           21,318      Adequate        Adequate    Fairly Basic   Adequate

Next Season

• Mid-table finish - challenge for a promotion spot
  • Upgrade facilities - don't see this happening with our finances the way they are but we'll see
  • Start integrating youth - my first youth players will be eligible for the senior team next season. Hopefully some of them can get appearances.

Gryf Wejherowo - Polish Ekstraklasa - Season 2019/20

gryflogo.png

League - three points more than last season, one position higher. My goal was top 8 for safe place in championship group, which we achieved without any problems, mostly due to the great start. We even spent some time on 3rd and 4th place, which now means European competitions. I still feel we should be playing division lower and most of the amazing results were thanks to - once again - my ultra-defensive tactic. Let me just tell you that all our strikers scored 13 goals this season. We had nothing really to achieve in championship group and that allowed me to test the youth. Good news: I think I can now field entire team of regens (except for DR) and survive.

Cup - as tradition dictates, one game and we were done.

Transfers - some clearance to lessen the burden on coaches.

Squad - 36 players used! Still mostly non-regens but the youth is slowly breaking in. Our strikers were absolutely incapable of doing anything this year.

Finances - smooth sailing, despite continuous construction efforts. Did I mentioned money in Poland is great?

Key Players

Pawel Brzuzy - best player and best scorer this year.
Przemyslaw Monka - worked extremely well with Brzuzy, which can explain his great rating.
Amadeusz Skrzyniarz - without a doubt the best player skill-wise in our team.

Youth Intake - As you can expect, improved facilities generated the worst intake so far. No wonderkids!

Damian Wojdyga (03A) - could be something? Small and slow, but with dribbling.
Witold Wojcik (03B) - good physical are always a good base, lets hope the technical can follow.
Daniel Dymek (03C) - strong defender.

Youth Watch

Tomasz Dziadulewicz (01C) - new category just for this guy. He's a first team regular now, but - unfortunately - big clubs have their eyes on him already.

Career Overview

2017/18		ILP		1st		Champions
2018/19         Eks             8th
2019/20         Eks             7th

Our new ownership is here, and within 2 months of owning the club they've sold two players :(, both times, the offers came with other offers at the same time and I couldn't find any option to protest the sales. 

Julien Clerc (YP19B) has been sold to Club Brugge for £725k, that could rise to £1.6 million. He might not be able to reach the 10 league goals clause, but it should rise to at least £1.15 million and has a 40% of profit of next sale and a friendly with Club Brugge.

Mathias Horjak (YP17A) has been sold to KRC Genk for £550k, which could rise to £2.5 million. The clauses are per game for 10 games, and a lump sum after 10 games. We should get all of them and we will also have a 40% of profit of next sale on this deal as well. 

I'm obviously disappointed to lose 2 of our best players, but we should make over £3 million from the two sales by the end of the season. As we're profitable now, this should give us a pretty healthy bank balance. Hopefully we can use it on some facility upgrades, and it may dissuade the board from selling other players.

Greek Youth Adventure - Season 12

htMf2.png

Another season in our quest for performance. We actually did pretty good in the League this season, coming back from the depths of last season to win our second title in the career. We lead the league from the start to the end, and even been undefeated for the first part of the season, all defeats coming in the second part where I rotated more to give younger prospects some playing time. Not the same success in the Cup as we lost in the quarter-finals against Olimpiakos, but not bothered to much. In the Europa League we were drawn in a easy group with CSKA Moscow, Reims and Mainz, and we managed to qualify for the knockout phases - where we lost against Roma but we didn't embarrassed ourselves as we did the last time we met. 

The squad performed pretty good, with Season awards going to M Trachalakis 27b for top goalscorer and most player of the matches (our best player this season), C Markantonakis 27c for most assists and T Papadimitriou 22f for the highest average rating. Special note to our captain C Ntoupis 17 who was voted by the supporters as player of the year.

I want you to have a special look at the national teams: Greek U21 and Greek U19. It is obvious that we have lots of potential in the squad by now. And that is only backed by this year's Youth Intake. Problem is that all that potential is atracting the vultures from the bigger leagues, unsettling my players which all seem to want now minimum release fees in their contracts for foreign clubs. And to top it all, my chairman is willing to sell. So we lose a playerTransfers.  Spoiler alert for the next seasons: we lose our best player! I have spent half of the time during the summer rejecting all sort of bids, and things are getting pretty annoying right now. Don't know how we will be able to keep our players, figure we need to raise our reputation more by good runs in the European cups and winning trophies at home.

During this season I have reached 500 games, won the Manager of the year award in the League and also put my name on another contract with the clubs, despite offers from the big boys in the league. The board decided to reward me with another upgrade in our training facilities and by reaching an extensive youth recruitment network. Although we did lose some money the last financial year, we are looking pretty good in the Finances department, as actually we are the club with the highest value in Greece (42m). Probably next year in Champions League will only add to this.

What do we expect from next season? Just not to lose anymore players would be ideally, keep our title and have a nice run in Europe (maybe grab a point or two in the Champions).

And to top it all off, Jeremy Amestoy (YP18A) has been sold on deadline day!

He's gone to Anderlecht for £675k initially. With games and goals clauses the deal should reach £1.8 million, we've also got a 40% of profit clause and a friendly with Anderlecht. 

Fortunately we have Robert Fabre (YP19A) who can step in for Amestoy, but when we've lost three of last years key players I may have to adjust my personal expectations for the season and consider avoiding relegation to be a success. 

Season 4 - Ankara Demirspor - Turkish 3rd Tier

Current Profile - League Table - Results 1 - Results 2

Transfers

Season Overview

After finishing the previous season with our head just above the water, it was back to the drawing board. I created a new tactic that suited the team I had and I brought in 4 of last years intake to improve the squad. The tactic was a massive success. It was a 4-1-3-1-1 formation. Something I hadn't used before. This now meant that players like Firat Seven could hopefully thrive in their best positions. I couldn't of asked for a better start. We made it all the way to 24th December without defeat and even then it was in the cup to higher league opposition. We had already knocked out super league opposition (for the second year running) beating Kayserispor 3-2 away from home. Despite being in a difficult group, we almost made it through missing out by just a point.

Back in the league we struggled to keep our run going. After losing out in the cup morale had started to drop and it affected league form as well. We slipped out of top spot and wouldn't regain it again until the last day of the season. We had managed to hang in there by finishing strongly (as we always do). But going into the final game of the season we needed to better Mersin's result to win the league. The only problem being Mersin were playing the team sat bottom of the table and already relegated. We kept our side of the bargain with a 4-0 away win and to my complete shock Mersin dropped points, managing only a 2-2 draw. Somehow we were champions. From almost being relegated the season before to CHAMPIONS!!! A Turkish 3rd tier Leicester!!!

Star Players

Tolga Ozturk - Goes from strength to strength and is now attracting interest from top tier teams. Bidding got as high as £500k this season but we have managed to hold of as of now despite him handing in a transfer request.

Emirhan Ciman - Now the first choice centre back who was flying along until he managed to break his leg in training. Hopefully can come back just as strong next year.

Akif Akova - Came into the side after last seasons intake and was performing brilliantly until the board accepted a bid of £275k in the January window. This is 2 years running that players have been sold on mt. Hope this trend doesn't keep up.

Serder Ulusoy- Another one who came through last seasons intake and had a superb first season. A star in the making!!

Firat Seven - Moved into his favoured attacking midfield position and started to deliver the sort of performances I was hoping for last season.

Cemal Duran - Came from last seasons intake and had to be used straight away as our striker had been sold on us last season. Despite a dip in form in the middle of the season, his goals fired us to the title.

Youth Intake

Another consistent intake. I'm hoping a couple can go straight into the starting 11 and a few others can become the back up we need.

Next Season

After a superb season that was probably ahead of schedule we need to keep our heads above the water, hold onto our best players and hopefully improve some more of the facilities. We have also now moved to another stadium as the one we was in didn't meet the leagues criteria.

SEASONS PROGRESS

Season     League              Pos	Top Scorer                             Av Rat	                     Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2017/18    Turkish 3rd Tier    7th	Serman Karamadm - ST  - 9 goals	       Ozkan Serbest - DC  - 7.25
2018/19	   Turkish 3rd Tier    6th      Bilal Isak      - MC  - 16 goals       Bilal Isak    - MC  - 7.33      
2019/20    Turkish 3rd Tier    15th     Eren Balkan     - AML - 7 goals        Hasan Tuscu   - DL  - 7.10
2020/21    Turkish 3rd Tier    1st      Camel Duran     - ST  - 21 goals       Firet Seven   - AMC - 7.40    Promoted As Champions!!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OFF FIELD PROGRESS

Season     Finances  Stadium      Av Att    Capacity  Corporate Fac.  Training Fac.    Youth Fac.    Junior Coaching    Youth Recruitment
2017/18    £218k     TCDD Ankara  342       3,975     Adequate        Basic            Basic         Adequate           Basic
2018/19    £176k     TCDD Ankara  362       3,975     Adequate        Basic            Poor          Average            Basic
2019/20    £344k     TCDD Ankara  420       3,975     Adequate        Basic            Poor          Good               Basic
2020/21    £600k     TCDD Ankara  606       3,975     Adequate        Basic            Poor          Good               Basic

Selkirkfc.png

SELKIRK FC - SEASON NINE - 2025/26

Scottish Cup - Betfred Cup - Challenge Cup

League Table:

A very bad season, we don't seem to be improving, another long season ahead methinks.

Squad:

We are slowly integrating more young players into the team.

Transfers:

Finances:

A loss, we need a takeover!

Youth Intake:

A few good intakes, might make a difference!

Best XI

2017/18		SPFL2		10th		
2018/19		SPFL2		9th		
2019/20		SPFL2		8th 
2020/21		SPFL2		10th
2021/22		SPFL2		9th		
2022/23		SPFL2		9th
2023/24		SPFL2		9th		
2024/25		SPFL2		9th		
2025/26		SPFL2		10th		

Image result for sv spakenburg

SV Spakenburg - 2026/27

Jupiler League | League Table | Dutch Cup | Transfers | Squad | Facilities | Finances | Best 11 

Finally. It took long enough, but we're finally going to be playing in the top flight next season. We had some difficulties during the season, including a couple of long injuries for our best striker Jos van Staa (07b), but in the end, everybody stepped up their game and Onur Şerifoğlu (08b) had an insane season. Also, notable mention to our fan's player of the year, Toine Ruijmgaart (06d) who doinated central midfield with only 9 goals and 3 assists, but a 7.42 avg rating. Most players are staying with us for the move up to the Eredivisie on long term deals except for Rob Bergkamp (06b) who wouldn't sign a new deal and went to Telstar on a free at the end of the year. The moron decided to turn down first team Eredivise game time to play in the reserves of a Jupiler League side. He was our "key player" and will be a huge miss for us next year, but will give John Lammers (08a) and Carlos Rijssel (07a) chances to shine. Finances are starting to look insecure now, but that will most likely change when we start to play teams such as Ajax and PSV and get the better gate receipts. The intake was pretty good this year, with Bennouna looking promising.

Class of 2027

Yassine Bennouna (10a) - Looks like he could be very good

Jasper van Voorthuizen (10b) -Not sure whether to play him at CAM or change my tactics to have wingers

Class of 2026

Gerald Druppers (09a)

Johan Schouten (09b) 

Herman Frijn (09c)

Class of 2025

John Lammers (08a)

Onur Şerifoğlu (08b)

Class of 2024

Carlos Rijssel (07a)

Jos van Staa (07b)

Class of 2023

Erik van Hoof (06a)

Rob Bergkamp (06b)

Gijsbert Loukili (06c)

Toine Ruijmgaart (06d)

Class of 2022

Daan Janssen (05a)

Brian Spaan (05b)

Class of 2021

Mitchel de Koning (04a)

Erdem Yiğat (04b)

Remco van der Veen (04c)

Mike Kuijpers (04e)

Class of 2020

Emre Taylan (03a)

Dennis van der Wal (03b)

Sebastão Ntyamba (03d)

Class of 2019

Kees van Berlo (02a)

Nathan Felomina (02c)

Class of 2018

Ed van den Beld (01a)

Jan van der Heijden (01e)

2nd Nationality Watch

Morocco x11

Turkey x9

Suriname x7

Aruba x3

Angola x2

Indonesia x2

Cape Verde x1

Curaçao x1

Greece x1

Career Overview

Season    League            Position    Dutch Cup      Training Facilities    Youth Facilities     Junior Coaching     Youth Recruitment   Achievements/Notes     Top Scorer                  Most Assists                                      Highest Avg Rating 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2017/18   Jupiler League    19th        2nd Round      Poor                   Basic                Basic               Fairly Basic        N/A                    Tol/van der Meiracker (16)  Tol (7)                                           Tol (7.07) 
2018/19   Jupiler League    19th        4th Round      Basic                  Poor                 Basic               Fairly Basic        N/A                    Tol (17)                    van der Meiracker (7)                             van der Meiracker (6.97)   
2019/20   Jupiler League    18th        2nd Round      Below Average          Below Average        Adequate            Fairly Basic        N/A                    Tol (13)                    Oostinjen (10)                                    Custovic (7.09)  
2020/21   Jupiler League    19th        2nd Round      Below Average          Below Average        Average             Fairly Basic        N/A                    Tol (14)                    Tol (7)                                           van der Heijden (01e) (6.98)  
2021/22   Jupiler League    19th        3rd Round      Adequate               Below Average        Average             Fairly Basic        N/A                    van der Heijden (01e) (9)   van Berlo (02a) (5)                               Veerman (7.06)  
2022/23   Jupiler League    16th        3rd Round      Average                Below Average        Good                Fairly Basic        N/A                    Tol (16)                    Oostinjen (8)                                     Oostinjen/van der Wal (03b) (6.91)  
2023/24   Jupiler League    16th        4th Round      Good                   Below Average        Excellent           Fairly Basic        N/A                    van der Heijden (01e) (14)  Oostinjen/Taylan (03a) (6)                        van der Wal (03b) (7.06) 
2024/25   Jupiler League    7th         2nd Round      Impressive             Below Average        Excellent           Fairly Basic        N/A                    van der Heijden (01e) (15)  Bergkamp (06b) (9)                                Kujipers (04e) (7.22)
2025/26   Jupiler League    11th        4th Round      Impressive             Adequate             Exceptional         Fairly Basic        N/A                    van Staa (07b) (24)         van Staa (07b)/van der Wal (03b) (7)              van Staa (07b) (7.13)
2026/27   Jupiler League    1st         4th Round      Excellent              Adequate             Exceptional         Fairly Basic        Promotion              Şerifoğlu (08b) (15)        Şerifoğlu (08b)/Lammers (08a)/Bergkamp (06b) (10) Ruijmgaart (06d) (7.38)

Archived