FM17 Youth Academy Challenge

23 hours ago, darren1983 said:

I prefer 17 to 16 and have played it much much more but that is probably due to me really enjoying this save, I never really got into a save on 16 (think my longest save was 6 or 7 seasons) I wouldn't say there's too much difference between the games though other than the new match engine being better but then again that might be just because I'm enjoying this more.

I bought the 16 version a long time ago and never really played it. And I'm currently enjoying playing this save in fm 2016 so i dont think I'll get the new one. Maybe I'll get FM 2018 if im playing around the time it comes out. When 16 and 17 came out i wasnt really playing, so i was very late with buying FM 2016 and was previously playing with a downloaded FM 2008 on my macbook (i have all the original games from 2008 to 2013, but i dont have a disk drive). I prefer the simplicity of 2008 and some of the new features they put in are annoying but so far ive been able to enjoy this version quite a lot :D I also have a kind of weird thing were i want the skins to look a certain way, i really want that sourtitoutsi skin from 2009 back! that one was fire!

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dulwich Hamlet - EFL Championship - 2032/33

582de1dcd2b85_DulwichHamletBadge.png.ab4be1650b22e6ca1d689b30314b217e.png

League - well this season went better than I planned. A 4-1 defeat on the opening day to Walsall started a run of 5 games without a win, we slowly started to find some form but would go 5 unbeaten before going 6 without a win, a run of 7 games without a win ended with a 93rd minute winner away to Sheff Utd on 1st of Feb and we would only lose another 3 games (one of which was to a 90th minute OG away to 2nd place Derby with 4 games to go) as we secured safety. In the final 10 games I gave some game time to fine/young players to get minutes under their belts and we did well enough to finish 10th.

League Cup - win one and lose one as we were still finding our feet.

FA Cup - cracking win over Premier League Southampton before a narrow loos to then 6th place prem side Everton

Transfers - lots of loans out to give some youngsters game time

Squad - doing alright, need some strength up top as aside from Weaver we don't score many, couple youngsters in the U18 I got high hopes.

Finances - were over 2m in the red before the end of season money came in. Another couple of seasons at this level should help us.

Youth Intake - decent, couple of decent prospects. Our u18's won the league for their first bit of silverware at that level.

Les Simper (16A) - CB to add to our collection

Reece Mason (16B) - a GK, not as good as Acton who we lost last season but a better prospect that any of the others at the club

Danny Beautyman (16C) - can play in either of our wide roles

Roarie Lumeka-Graham (16D) - worth tagging for name alone :D but also adds depth to our young collection of strikers.

Career Overview

Season		League		Position	Achievements

2017/18		VNS		1st		Champions
2018/19		VNL		7th		
2019/20		VNL		14th 
2020/21		VNL		15th
2021/22		VNL		4th		Promotion via playoffs
2022/23		EFL2		22nd 
2023/24		EFL2		4th		Lost Playoff Semi Final	
2024/25		EFL2		22nd 	
2025/26		EFL2		19th 		
2026/27		EFL2		9th		
2027/28		EFL2		3rd 		Promotion!
2028/29		EFL1		3rd		Lost in Playoff Semi Final
2029/30		EFL1		13th		
2030/31		EFL1		8th		EFL trophy runner up
2031/32		EFL1		2nd		Promotion
2032/33		Champ		10th	

At the end of the season I was told we were getting a new stadium, no name, or size, or start date but we're getting one! :D 

Great season @darren1983, you made the step up the Championship look comfortable. That's great news about the stadium and the timing is good, hopefully you get a decent capacity. With you player values in your squad screenshot, it's interesting to see how much Orhan is worth relative to the rest of the squad.

I had a revelation in the last transfer window and thought I would share it. Having lost several players because my chairman couldn't refuse the offer, I realised how I was creating this problem. I was putting unrealistically high valuations on these players to try and scare teams off, however it just meant they would bid more than the players 'value'. In the last window I simply left them alone and although I had to refuse offers everyday of the January, none were accepted by the chairman. It may not work every time, but for my little squad with no players worth more than 500k it did.

Ok. Had a few false starts.

Have decided on Holland. Holidaying now and will post up some screenie links when I have chosen a team.

Depending on the horses, I think probably a 4-2-3-1 will be the tactical system I want to use (when possible). I do have a fondness for a diamond 4-4-2 as well which I find trickier. I dunno. It may be that I have 50 million strikers and need to use 3 up top.

More than likely it will be something like a 4-1-4-1 to start with though. Unless I get lucky with players. Especially if the opposition tend towards 4-3-3 with DM and wingers.

Anyone got some pointers for Holland? What do teams tend to use?

Really looking forward to this.

Selkirkfc.png

SELKIRK FC - SEASON TWELVE - 2028/29

Scottish Cup - Betfred Cup - Challenge Cup

Was this going to be the season where our firtunes change?

League Table:

Nope, bottom of the league but won the Play-Off against Clyde

Squad:

Some of the youngsters are improving, new season new tactic?

Transfers:

Nothing of note

Finances:

Still waiting for that influx of money

Youth Intake:

Another intake with potential

Best XI

2017/18		SPFL2		10th		
2018/19		SPFL2		9th		
2019/20		SPFL2		8th 
2020/21		SPFL2		10th
2021/22		SPFL2		9th		
2022/23		SPFL2		9th
2023/24		SPFL2		9th		
2024/25		SPFL2		9th		
2025/26		SPFL2		10th		
2026/27		SPFL2		10th		
2027/28		SPFL2		9th		
2028/29		SPFL2		10th		

@Dan BHTFC feel like im gonna be in the VNS league for quite some time too...

season 1 (fm2016)

Screen Shot 2017-02-25 at 14.11.46.png

Vanarama South 

2nd place finish

play-offs

2nd leg of the semi was a crazy match on our ''terrible pitch''. Opposition coach was moaning about the condition of the pitch (which we now have relayed for next season). After missing multiple half chances and conceding the 0-1 i was amazed with the 0-2, which was a misplaced clearance bouncing off one of my defenders right in front off Kaja. Luckily we got a scrappy goal going for us as well and reached the play-off final.

The play-off final was a terrible match. We didn't create enough chances and Oxford were much better. Before this match our record against oxford city was excellent having played them 4 times (2 times in a fa qualifying round) winning both our home matches and drawing the away ones. I dont understand however why the final has 800 less spectators then the semi?????:rolleyes: anyway its better to develop my youngsters in this league for our squad does not have enough depth for the next level

FA cup

Spoiler

fa cup

as i had a ****** away form i adapted the tactic too play very defensively away from home as to get a replay, which also means more money from ticket sales. It worked 

Screen Shot 2017-02-26 at 00.27.00.png

Screen Shot 2017-02-26 at 00.27.14.png

Screen Shot 2017-02-26 at 00.27.28.png

as to demonstrate the effectiveness of this tactic, in this match^^^ oxford had 21 shots and 0 ccc. 

58b21411cdcfa_ScreenShot2017-02-26at00_27_59.png.b003b5a30d27b2c0b05fbcfcf97c5b26.png

Screen Shot 2017-02-26 at 00.28.14.png

Screen Shot 2017-02-26 at 00.28.25.png

got lucky with the draw here

58b214134213d_ScreenShot2017-02-26at00_28_37.png.d88db62349ce6a05bfca07bb133026f3.png

Screen Shot 2017-02-26 at 00.29.05.png

this game was televised... so $$$$$ 

will edit this post with the youth intake and the second season

20 minutes ago, Sanno11 said:

I am not ready to write this up yet, but just finished my season and have to share this.

Bt9wfnl.png?1

Just going through all the end of season stuff now, this is crazy.

Fabulous stuff mate!

Congratulations!

58b4dbc7de1c9_ScreenShot2017-02-28at12_55_07pm.png.30be02db39de411030953716e2634664.png

The Club | My Experience | Club Overview

Database Setup | Advanced Options

Main Stand

I did a bit of reloading to get my preferred team and eventually there they were! Amsterdam Football Club (Amsterdamsche Football Club) were founded in 1895 and play at a lovely little ground shown above. I chose them because I like the colours and the fact that they are in Amsterdam. This should mean (I think) that once we increase our profile, we should have some pretty nice youth intakes. Should, of course, being the operative word. Anyways, it's a decently sized squad but our best defender is refusing to sign a professional contract at the moment. The evil man wants over £2k per week.

Given that would be 10% of our budget, it isn't happening. Unusually for these sorts of challenges (in my experience) we actually have some players in the U19s already as well as a keeper in the reserve squad.

First order of business is to get some staff in. Then we shall organise a ton of friendlies as the season start is only a month away. Given the makeup of the squad I think we shall go with a 4-2-3-1 to start with. What's the worst that could happen? Besides, we have some solid(ish) players in attacking positions so I think we can certainly score some goals.

Wish me luck. We are pounding lesser teams in the first couple of friendlies, but I don't know how valid that will be once we start facing proper competition. Predicted dead last... Aim is 19th.

Yi2H6Ua.png

Eléctrico F.C. - Season 16 – 2032/2033

Squad // League Table (10th) // Transfers

Second half problems

On The Pitch

10th place again. My new tactic with 3 central mids worked very good in the first half of the season. We were 5th after half of the games, but again we dropped in the 2nd half of the season. Only 4 wins and 4 draws in 17 games. I need to find a solution for this problem we had in 4 of our 5 seasons in the Liga NOS. Btw: We even had this problem this years in games, we lost or drawed several games because of goals in the last minutes or in overtime.

Key Players

- Daniel Pinto (YP10x): The left back is one of our best players since a few years (after I didn't rated him that high at intake day), but had his best season this year. He was a defensive rock.

- Hélder Hipólito (YP13x): Was the surprise of the season, because he never played a role in our youth team and had two mediocre seasons on loan. Profited from the new formation with 3 central mids and was the suggestion of my assistant after an injury to another player. His free kicks were a weapon, but a weird thing: After only one (!) season he got in our overall best eleven. So good was his season not, that he's in there before players who are playing since 5 or more seasons on this level...

Off The Pitch

There were some weird things on the financial side. Our status was “insecure” and than I received the message that the board pumped 3,6 million into the club to save us from receivership. At that point we had over 3 million in the bank and were on course to make a good profit over the season. We've a big loan because of our new stadium, but we have no problem paying our interest every month. Because of that I couldn't extend contracts with players until the end of the season. Luckily no one got snapped up. At the beginning of next season we had over 12 million in the bank and the financial situation changed to secure. So I don't complain about the extra money...

The Youth Intake:

A strong intake, but as in most years the best players are central mids and central defenders. That are the positions where we by a big margin produced the most talented players in all the 16 seasons.

- PFernando Rola (YP16a): A gem!!! My head of youth development believes he could become one of the best players of his generation. That sound's promising. What's even better, With his stats he goes straight into the first team and will feature next season. He even got straight in the U19 national team of Portgual. Since we've another talented central mid now, we will keep the formation with 3 of them.

- André Alberto (YP16b): An already decent central defend, who could maybe make some first team appearences in the upcoming season

- Rodolfo Vidigal (YP16c): this years second central defender, far from first team ready

Next season sees us move in our new stadium. That will bring us even more cash. But I hope that the grand opening is not a sign of things to come. We got trashed 1:6 in our first game of the season and in the new stadium. Our preview season was bad, too, so I fear we could get some problems (and that in the first year that we are not predicted to finish last)

Btw. A legend is back: Luis Paulino (YP01a), the first ever from my produced youth player that played for the first team, is our U19 assistant manager now after his predecessor got snapped up by Porto

Through The Seasons
Season Division League Pos. Taça de Portugal Taça da Liga Europe Squad Miscellaneous
2017/2018 Camp. de Portugal Prio 6th / 4th R 3rd Rnd - - Squad National B Licence
2018/2019 Camp. de Portugal Prio 1st / 8th P 2nd Rnd - - Squad Average Junior Coaching
2019/2020 Camp. de Portugal Prio 5th / 2nd R 2nd Rnd - - Squad Continental B Licence
2020/2021 Camp. de Portugal Prio 9th / 3rd R 2nd Rnd - - Squad Good Junior Coaching
2021/2022 Camp. de Portugal Prio 6th / 2nd R 3rd Rnd - - Squad Continental A Licence
2022/2023 Camp. de Portugal Prio 3rd / 1st R 3rd Rnd - - Squad Excellent Junior Coaching / Continental Pro Licence
2023/2024 Camp. de Portugal Prio 1st / 3rd P 2nd Rnd - - Squad Exceptional Junior Coaching
2024/2025 Camp. de Portugal Prio 1st / 2nd P 2nd Rnd - - Squad -
2025/2026 Ledman LigaPro 8th 2nd Rnd 2nd Phase - Squad Professional Club / Average Training Facilites (Downgrade)
2026/2027 Ledman LigaPro 4th 3rd Rnd 1st Phase - Squad Good Training Facilites
2027/2028 Ledman LigaPro 2nd 4th Rnd Group Stage (2nd) - Squad -
2028/2029 Liga NOS 11th 5th Rnd - (bug) - Squad Average Youth Facilites (Downgrade) / Stadium expansion from 1.500 to 4.000
2029/2030 Liga NOS 16th 3rd Rnd Semi Final - Squad Impressive Training Facilites / Average Youth Recruitment
2030/2031 Liga NOS 14th 4th Rnd Group Stage (2nd) - Squad Good Youth Facilites
2031/2032 Liga NOS 10th 5th Rnd Group Stage (3rd) - Squad -
2032/2033 Liga NOS 10th 5th Rnd Group Stage (3rd) - Squad Excellent Training Facilities / Great Youth Facilites

Ilkeston F.C Season 15

Sky Bet Championship

65Nqm16.png                           

League Table| Squad|Transfers| Finances |Results 1| Results 2

Season overview

A brilliant season that saw us slowly creep up the league and eventually win promotion through the playoffs.  We began the season poorly, losing our opening game at home and then getting knocked out of the EFL cup by league 2 Lincoln. We were struggling to score goals, which was worrying. After experimenting with different combinations of players up front we managed to find some form, winning 4 out of 5 games and settling us into mid table. Our form was pretty consistent and we only really struggled against the recently relegated teams, who were just too good for us. Despite good or bad results we always managed to score goals which is always encouraging.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, we had a lot of bids come in for our players this January, Muggleton especially. 16 of the 20 premier league teams put a bid in for him. But I was able to fend them all off and the bids never reached an amount that tempted the chairman.

We recorded 3 great wins in a row in February, against strong sides and scored 11 goals, which gave me hope of a promotion push. However we then went 6 games without a win. I think at this point the season could have gone either way. The turning point was the scrappy 1-0 win over Luton, we scored a penalty and that was enough. We followed that up with a 5-0 win over Leeds. We saw the rest of the games out well and our excellent away form made up for a couple of poor home performances. We needed to beat Coventry in our final game to confirm a play off spot and we did that emphatically. with a 5-1 win.

The play off semi final was against QPR, our league games had both been high scoring, with 12 goals over the two games, so I knew we in for a tough game. We survived the away leg a left with a 2-2 draw, they created a lot of chances. The home leg started brilliantly with a headed goal from a corner in the 2nd minute, we added a second goal late in the game to win 2-0.

The final was against 6th play finishers Norwich. There was no real drama, we started well and took the lead after several good chances had been created. At 1-0 we were in control. As the second half wore on I made us more defensive and to my surprise we created a golden opportunity which Partridge (YP30a) put away. Norwich pulled one back to make the last 15 mins nervy, but we held on well. Ilkeston are going to the premier league.

Top Performers

Jonathan Partridge (YP30a) - This season saw Partridge emerge as our best goalscoring talent. His form wasn't always consistent but his physical attributes make him a nuisance, he managed 23 goals and 11 assists. Has the potential to be a Premier league player and just hope we can keep hold of him.

Dale Key - Quickly becoming one of our most important players, as with with most of the squad he is rated as decent for league 2, but with his pace he creates havoc. He scored 16 goals and got 11 assists.

Dennis Doherty (YP23a) - Has won consecutive fans player of the year and is by far my favourite player. Has been in the team since the Vanarama National and will start in the premier league. 

Miles Muggleton (YP31a) - Our star player and one who's future looks bright, if uncertain. Had some poor games but largely very good and his development has been incredible. He is head and shoulders above all most of our squad.

Youth Intake

Another attack heavy intake but with a couple of decent players we can be happy. My HOYD has been with us since the early days but I really need to get a defensive minded one in and hope we start producing some better centre backs as we are vulnerable in that position.

Peter Cooper (YP32a) - Great vision (best in squad) and decisions make Cooper and exciting prospect. Only negative is the bottleneck of good players in his position, so he may be retrained as a striker.

Tafari Dill (YP32b) - Will need a bit of luck to get to the first team, but if he improves he has a chance. Good physical attributes and a good personality.

Project Tutor: The Ash Benfield Story

At this I will end this little section. Ash is still with us and is tutoring regularly. It has been a success and with Ash and several other players of age to tutor, bad personalities will be a thing of the past.

Club Overview

In the aftermath of the promotion to the Premier league our Stadium Expansion was announced, in 7 months we will have a 15,500 all seater. In the mean time we are back at Notts Forest ground. Our youth level and Youth training facilities are being upgraded, We have the option to improve youth recruitment but when I requested it was refused due to lack of funds. I have never managed in the Premier league but I know I can expect lots of TV money, so I will be patient and request this when it becomes available again.

Season summary

A brilliant season for Ilkeston. We will really struggle to stay up, but either way the Money and reputation increase should set us up for years. I noticed this season that Championship winners Watford had players on their wage bill earning more than my whole entire squad, I don't even want to think what the Premier league will be like.

4 hours ago, baye said:

@DrPoods in real life their youth teams actually play on the highest level, in the same competition with the eredivisie teams. 

Screen Shot 2017-02-28 at 12.08.58.png

Well isn't that interesting!

I was thinking more of how (I believe) FM does youth recruitment/intakes.

Would presume a better chance of a good player than in a small town somewhere if that makes sense.

Mini update: Have gone on a run in the few matches before the winter break and it seems to be continuing. Up to 13th now, playing a 3-4-3/5-2-3 counter/structured tactic.

Was trying to be a bit more attacking earlier and jeez we shipped a ton of goals in the last 10 minutes of games. Even when I would try and change the mentality to hold on.

Counter working beautifully at present. So I will stick with it. Starting the arduous process of retraining players as depth in key positions is rather slim.

Finally, the board have agreed to build new training AND youth facilities. Also, they have promised a feeder club I can send players on loan to. Obviously I can't bring any of their players in. But I think it could come in handy as time goes by.

@DrPoods i always do the sideline thing where i tell the players to ''concentrate'' works pretty good although not faultless 

Screen Shot 2017-02-25 at 14.11.46.png

17/18

5th in the league

play-offs semi-final

Play-offs final

FA Cup

Fa cup 3rd qualifying round

FA cup 1st round

Dreadful start to the season with only 6 points(1 win/ 3 draws) from the first 8 matches. Players requested a meeting and everything. However i kept faith in my beloved 442 formation and tweaked a bit with the individual roles. It worked and the next 8 matches we got 22 points and 8 clean sheets in a row. After being out of the play-offs spots for most of the season, at the last match day we got into 5th place by winning 3-2 at home against Bath and getting lucky with the results elsewhere. Play-offs; same old story, lost in the final for the second year running.

Youth Intake

Suleiman George (y183)

2nd choice rightback at the moment

Serkan Demir (y184)

(this screen is from the beginning of season 4) Promoted directly into the first team. Made 10 appearances in his first season, scored 3 and assisted 3. His determination went from 10 to 18 after i let one of my senior strikers tutor him:D. Has been outstanding in season 3 (will post that later) and has at this point caps under his belt for the turkish national team under 18 and 21. 

Joe Payne (y180)

Has 4,5 stars potential and now in season 4 also 4,5**** current ability. Best player at the club right now.

and a couple of other 3,5/ 4 star potentials who as yet havent been involved much in the first team

18/19

1st in VNS

fixtures 1 fixtures 2 16 game unbeaten run

Serkan Demir (y184)

Player of the season for my 17yr old

Joe Payne (y180) 11 goals in 35 appearances from left wing

won manager of the season

4 youth players in the starting 11; left wing, 2 midfielders and my striker. 

youth intake

Jimmy Rivers (y190) one of the best of his generation

18 minutes ago, darren1983 said:

We got our first ever full international call up. And he played. OK it's for Barbados and he's not someone in my team just yet but still :D 

Nice one, I have a few U21's.

Interestingly my Dulwich Hamlet team has a lot of Youth intake from places like Barbados for some reason!

Just now, Gareth Winter said:

Interestingly my Dulwich Hamlet team has a lot of Youth intake from places like Barbados for some reason!

Maybe your HOY has a second nationality? I got one Jamaican player too though

btw i dont know if in 2017 its still possible but i found out that you can make other staff then the HOYD responsible for the youth intake (going trough staff responsibilities). So i had a great under 18 manager and i made him responsible for the intake and got some good results

On 27/2/2017 at 22:52, Ivs said:

Guys, please give me confirmation on using FM Touch for this challenge.

I saw at least one user adopting this version like @Muttley84 (By the way congrats mate for your achievements in Greece).

So could I start my career and share it with you?

Someone could kindly give me an answer?

Bilderesultat for county haverfordwest

Season 27

2043/2044

League Table | Transfers | Player Stats

Dafabet Welsh Premier League

Lost twice to our (very) old rivals TNS, and drew a game against Airbus making it a below average league season for us.

Cup runs

We won both cups. Barry took us to extra-time in the Welsh Cup, but we prevailed 3-2!

Champions League

We drew RB Salzburg, BMG and PSV in our CL-group, which would seem like a pretty good draw. However we were unable to keep our great run of advancing to the knock.out stages going, picking up only 5 points and narrowly securing 3rd place. This could have been a blessing in disguise, as I felt like we had a decent chance at achieving something great in the Europa League. The draw was merciless, pitting us against by far the best team in the competition, Juventus.

Juventus are one of the top teams in the world, and proved to strong over the course of 2 legs. We lost 3-4 at home, with them scoring on every shot at target. The return game went the opposite way, with us showing incredible effieciency while they dominated the game. We went up 2-3 in overtime, but while throwing everything forward to get the winning goal, the countered in a 3-3 equaliser.  All in all a pretty disappointing european season.

Youth Setup:

Forgot to screenshot the youth intake. A couple of 3,5 star recruits, who might have a shot down the line. One of them came through our affiliated club Mansfield, which I was quite pleased with

Big Fat Goalie Challenge:

Dave Owen 14B - 92 Goals. 9 this season, 2 free kicks. Closing in on 100 goals, pretty nice!

Danny Roberts Challenge

The aim in this Challenge is to get a player to score 1000 goals during his career, national team goals count.

Most goals:

• Huw Price 4A - 447 goals in 669 games. The legend has retired.
  • Jacob Davies 10D - 391 goals in 354 games. Has left the club, so wont add to this. Is currently playing week-in and week out for the elevator team that is Burnley.
  • Matthew Rees 18A - Club: 390 goals in 387 games. 41 goals in  49 games this season. International: 14 Goals in 45 caps. 2 goal in 8 caps this year.       Total:  404 Goals

Rees 18A bounced back with a good scoring output this season. We still need more from him if he is going to have any chance at closing in on 1000 goals.

Semi-Interesting stuff

After 27 season we finally were able to upgrade our Youth Recruitment. About gosh darn time!!:applause:

1 hour ago, Gareth Winter said:

I assume it's due to being based in London, have had many players with a Caribbean, African or Turkish 2nd (sometimes first) nationality which would fit the likely demographic of the catchment area. 

Berchem Sport
Season 2 (2018-2019)
Fixtures part1-part2 | League Table | Cup Fixtures | Squad Stats | Youth Intake | Facilities | Transfers | Finances | Awards

Season Overview
First Division Amateurs - 6th
It has been a ride with ups and downs. A mixed season which saw us miss out the play-offs. Decisive for this were the bad runs at the end of December and the last 10 games of the season. Especially the last period was dramatic. Morale was completely gone in the squad. Despite that I’m not that upset about this season. Maybe it looks like a little setback but there was already a lot of squad transition. 4 youngsters already gained more than 10 games on 33, a more than decent number. Maybe a bit quick to do this but the reason is that on short term some original players get into their “mid 30’s” and lose quality. They need to be replaced.

Belgian Cup - 6th Round Same sort of campaign as last year. Managing to get through the first 2 fixtures beating Hasselt and ASV Geel. After that a draw against Pro League outfit Zulte Waregem who beat us 3-1. Not the most profilic team in the top division so the finances were more limited this time.

Player Stats and Awards
1. Roy Mauro: Once again key at the backbone. Played all 30 league games and has a brilliant discipline record
2. Ciro Torelli: One of our first youngsters to break through. Scoring 12 goals in his first full season
3. Bruno Appels: 14 clean sheets in 30 games is a very strong record. Excellent performance

Youth Academy "Het Rooi"
Class of 2019
Nicolas De Witte – back-up goalkeeper despite his personality. Due to a hernia injury (Appels) he played the last 3 games of the season. Decent prospect.
Jef Wuyts – left wing back with great determination. Can grow steady as a backup. Good prospect.
Dylan Hendrickx – left footed central defender with a good personality. Certainly a promising prospect.
Simon Goris – another left footed central defender but less quality though. Doubtful prospect.
Komlan Adrika – Belgian-Togolese defensive midfielder. Position with a lot of options. Decent prospect.
Screve Mukendi – another defensive midfielder. Not much extra to say. Decent prospect.
Miloud Amrani – player with double central midfield position. Will get chances. Decent prospect.
Liam Van Herck – excellent personality but lacks quality. Decent prospect though

Class of 2018
Ciro Torelli - really a good debut season. Scoring 12 goals, 3 assists and 6.96 avg in 23 games. Excellent progress
Jelle Van Huffel - also a regular in his first first season (18 apereances). Promising progress
Joaquim Martin - together with Torelli introduced as a striker and scored 7 goals. Excellent progress
Tristan Put - due to an out of form key player, more substitute chances as expected. Decent progress
Luca Cardella - I’m short in midfield so got regular game time. Promising progress
Warre Meyvis - Active in the youth squad with sporadic first team minutes. Future unknown
Jonas Claes - A couple of minutes in central midfield. Future unknown
Jelle De Winter - back-up in the AMC position. Decent progress
Bjorn Van Den Eynde - central defender but passed by Van Huffel. Future unknown
Daniel Boyer - Due to constant performances on the left, short on game time. Future unknown

Manager’s Office
Youth recruitment was upgraded a level to basic. Average attendance was 911.
Heading to our next season I'll try to bring more youngsters. My core of experienced players is getting smaller so I have to make the right choices now. Torelli and Van Huffel definitely can make their breakthrough. Other opportunities lie in center midfield. Hopefully someone can step in there.

Challenge Overview

SEASON		LEVEL	LEAGUE		CUP	TEAM	TRAINING YOUTH
2017–2018 	AMA1	4th (PO 3rd)	6th R	Rooster	Basic	 Basic
2018-2019	AMA1	6th         	6th R	Rooster	Basic	 Basic

4 hours ago, Ivs said:

Someone could kindly give me an answer?

If you don't mind getting small intakes of 2-3 players if your facilities suck, then there is no reason not to do it on Touch. Good luck, will be following.

UcSl6ZH.png

Hayes & Yeading United - English Youth Career

Season 1 Preview - Vanarama National League South - 2017/18

Lurker for almost a year and FM series player for nearly 3 years, I finally decided to put myself on the line and share with you joys and sorrows of this tough, but hopefully rewarding journey.

So, what better way to complete the challenge goal starting from England, the ultimate football homeland, trying to reach the promise land better known as Premier League and conquer Europe?

I'm playing this career on FM Touch and I set up the game selecting only England and a large db, but (as you probably have seen from the screens) the total players count is just over 50,000 because I used two ddt files to retain:

• all players from all not playable countries
  • all top division players from all playable European nations

all this in order to increase realism as suggested in the challenge's rules.

(If anyone's interested in those files, you can download them at this link on sortitoutsi.net)

After holidayed for one year, I got my starting point at Hayes & Yeading United Football Club, a team relegated in English seventh tier at the end of 2015/16 season and bounced straight back to sixth division in 2017. No honours for this club, except for a Conference South Play-offs trophy in 2009. So the trophy case is waiting for some silverware...

Here's the manager. The screen is quite explanatory: a complete stranger with no football experience. This does not bod well for United...

22 teams at the gate of 2017/18 National League South and the bookies already predicted Hayes as first club to go down. Lots of hard work will be necessary to prove them wrong...

Nevertheless, on the whole, current squad seems pretty good. Definitely one more reason to not search players on transfer market.

The season is almost upon us. Wish me luck and hope for the best!

Hi all. 

First time I have ever posted on here. 

Can anyone shed some light on the Scottish dates. I am currently 'holiday man' and came back from holiday just in time to see if sterling uni could beat berwick in the relegation playoff. They did not so have gone on holiday again. Is it true with this league that I will need to do this until a non league team manages promotion?

Hope that makes sense. 

Hi @Chesterfield1866, I think I can offer some help until someone playing in Scotland can contribute. To give yourself the choice of teams you need to save before the relegation play off is drawn, then you can re-load until a team you like appears . Then continue until just before the games are played and save again. Then keep reloading the game until the non-league team achieves promotion by winning over the two legs. 

How I read your post is that you have continued holidaying until the next season, you don't need to do this, just re-load.

11 hours ago, Gareth Winter said:

I can't even play at the moment since the update :(

Ah that sucks, my game slowed right down after the update so I've had to remove my custom graphics for now just to make it playable till a solution is found.

While my game is running slow I thought I would share this.......

okmvD0F.png?1

Which I kindly rejected, however I just randomly looked at who they hired instead

xd5wytU.png?1

Something isn't quite right here, I checked and this guy has no history at all? Very odd.

Update to come.

We survived quite easily in the end. Even fluked a playoff place in one of the league periods.

Got smashed in the playoff though. Still, a bit concerned about next season. Our intake had about 5 left wingers and no central midfielders (or so it seems) which will cause trouble down the line.

13 hours ago, Sanno11 said:

I had a bit of time earlier to play and noticed my game had slowed down to. I see others flagging this up in the bugs forum so hopefully something gets sorted.

Yeah seems to be something that has affected old saves, they're working on a fix for it but it's bloody frustrating :( 

Dulwich Hamlet - Season 2033/34 - EFL Championship

League Table - Graph - EFL Cup - FA Cup - Transfers - Squad - Finances

A frustrating season but with a cause for optimism. After last season's 10th place finish I was optimistic about this season, optimism that vanished as we won only 2 of our opening 10 games, we also lost in the first round of the league cup to league one Gillingham, this was doubly annoying as it was near our strongest team out. A couple little tweaks to players and we found some form, a run of only 2 defeats in 17 games meant that at the end of Jan we broke into the top 6, we would only win 2 of the final 17 games, our main problem was scoring, we only scored 1 in our final 7 games (only lost 3 of those) as we would dominate teams but not kill them off, our usual reliable scorer Angel Weaver (09B) who had got at least 20 goals in each of the past 4 seasons only ended with 16 this year but the biggest issue was goals drying up from midfield as our next top scorer had 4 goals. We drew 18 games this season and lost only 14, improve on both of them and we'll fly up the table.

In the FA Cup we finally got Man Utd in the cup - sadly was at home so only made £150k for our 3-0 hammering in the 3rd round. In other news our new stadium finally has some details but I'm not liking that the council own it and we have to rent it from them. I also managed to get the board to finally agree to moving our youth level from 4 to 3 so hopefully that will help.

Youth Intake

Pretty decent one this year a couple outstanding (in my view) prospects

Rory Colis (17A) - this guy has me very excited, has already made his debut as I looked to end out goal drought. Will be used as back up to Weaver next season.

Ashley Whichelow (17B) - the other exciting prospect, not as good as Colis but I am hopeful he'll make the AP role of out midfield 3 his own in time

Ben Blackburn (17C) - young defender

George Sawyer (17D) - Winger that is being trained to fit what I need from him

Jermaine Hallett (17E) - another defender 

Career Overview

2018/19		VNL		7th		
2019/20		VNL		14th 
2020/21		VNL		15th
2022/23		EFL2		22nd 
2024/25		EFL2		22nd 	
2025/26		EFL2		19th 		
2026/27		EFL2		9th		
2027/28		EFL2		3rd 		Promotion!
2028/29		EFL1		3rd		Lost in Playoff Semi Final
2029/30		EFL1		13th		
2030/31		EFL1		8th		EFL trophy runner up
2031/32		EFL1		2nd		Promotion
2032/33		Champ		10th	
2033/34		Champ		16th

New patch, and I get lured back into FM. So I'm having another go at this challenge. I'm heading to a country I've never been before in Slovakia. The home of great players like Martin Škrtel, Marek Hamšík and Róbert Vittek. Let's see if I can produce some players like that. Holidaying now.

15 minutes ago, XaW said:

New patch, and I get lured back into FM. So I'm having another go at this challenge. I'm heading to a country I've never been before in Slovakia. The home of great players like Martin Škrtel, Marek Hamšík and Róbert Vittek. Let's see if I can produce some players like that. Holidaying now.

Good luck in Slovakia. Anything but Inter Bratislava or Matador Puchov would be nice.

Bilderesultat for county haverfordwest

Season 28

2044/2045

League Table | Transfers | Player Stats

Dafabet Welsh Premier League

A horror show by our standards, 4 losses and a draw. Still we won the league for a decent 23rd consecutive time.

Cup runs

We won both cups for the second year in a row.

Champions League

We drew Man City, Barcelona and Austria Wien. A very hard draw, but we have beaten the big teams before! After three games we had zero points, and had lost to Austria at home. We then proceded to draw against Barcelona at home, before a loss to City meant that we had to win in Austria to grab the 3rd place and a chance at the Europa League. Thankfully we handely defeated Austria, and advanced to the Europa League knock-out stages. After tasting the CL knock-out stages several times, it's a bit of a let-down to go to the EL in back-2-back years, but it's still a great challenge for us.

We drew Zenit, an opponent I fell we should be able to beat. We won 3-2 at home, with them scoring a crucial late goal. The cold in Russia proved to much for us, and we were anemic in a 1-0 loss, and once again we're bounced by the way of the away goal rule.

The moment our european campaign is over, is a very though time for the club. All the domestic games feel somewhat hollow, when we don't have the benefit of approaching them as preparation for the european ties. The rest of the season feels like work, rather than pleasure:seagull:

Youth Setup:

Youth Intake

Phil Reynolds 28A | Thomas Rees 28B

The intake came only a couple of weeks after our european disappointment, and this year it served as a major encouragement. For the first time in what feels like quite some time our intake makes a great first impression. The top two prospects are both centre backs, and they both look like future starters. Phil Reynolds 28A looks especially good, and he became both our youngest player ever and the youngest goal scorer. He has a professional personality, is a consistent performer and has 20 determination, amazing.

Furthermore a couple of players from the last two intakes have made great strides, and both got loads of playing time this year which prompted great growth. Gareth Smitham 26A and Jamie Bishop 27A have earned tags, defying my inital impressions of them. Smitham had a slack personality and 6 determination, but has been tutored into a professional personality with 12 determination, which has massively helped his progression.

Big Fat Goalie Challenge:

Dave Owen 14B - 105 Goals. 13 this season, 2 free kicks. Dave cracked triple digits this year, pretty amazing stuff. He looks to have a great shot to beat Rogerio Ceni's GK scoring record of 131 goals. 13 goals is actually his best ever season from a scoring perspective.

Danny Roberts Challenge

The aim in this Challenge is to get a player to score 1000 goals during his career, national team goals count.

Most goals:

• Huw Price 4A - 447 goals in 669 games. The legend has retired.
  • Jacob Davies 10D - 391 goals in 354 games. Has left the club, so wont add to this. Is currently playing week-in and week out for the elevator team that is Burnley.
  • Matthew Rees 18A - Club: 423 goals in 434 games. 33 goals in  47 games this season. International: 14 Goals in 50 caps. 0 goal in 5 caps this year.       Total:  437 Goals

33 in 47 is not going to cut it.

Dulwich Hamlet - Season 2034/35 - EFL Championship

League Table| Graph| League Cup| FA Cup| Transfers| Squad| Finances

Another frustrating season, never really cracked the top half. For the first time in about 17 season I even tried some different formations as my usual 433 stopped working and I tried to get some more goals into the team. It worked at times but our usual habit of dominating sides but not killing them off and letting them back in. The aim for next season will be a tighter defence as that feels like our main issue right now. Rory Collis (17A) played much more than I planned and even got a England u21 call up at the end of the season. He already wants to move to a bigger club so I've got 2 seasons to convince him/win promotion. Our new stadium has been delayed which is frustrating as we could do with the extra money.

Our cup was poor in the league cup where we lost in the 2nd round, but a good run in the FA Cup saw us beat Premiership side Middlesborough before finding Everton far too strong.

Youth Intake

Was another solid one this time with another 5 players tagged

Richard Byrne (18A) - another good looking forward, not int he same league as Collis but seems like he could be become solid
Kyle Urwin (18B) - midfielder who looks capable of getting a starting role in any of the midfield roles we use
Peter Evans (18C) - another midfielder that looks capable
Eric Boateng (18D) - needs work but could be a good squad player with his ability to cover a few roles and positions 
Nicholas Adams (18E) - we need a keeper but this guy probably needs a lot of work

Career Overview

2018/19		VNL		7th		
2019/20		VNL		14th 
2020/21		VNL		15th
2022/23		EFL2		22nd 
2024/25		EFL2		22nd 	
2025/26		EFL2		19th 		
2026/27		EFL2		9th