FM17 Youth Academy Challenge

1 hour ago, XaW said:

Ok, I've decided to go a little closer to home this time. I am a Scandinavian after all, so Iceland should be pretty homely for me. I'm now the new manager of Íþróttafélag Reykjavíkur. Quite the mouthful in pronouncing that, even for someone who knows how to pronounce þ (it's kind of the 'th' sound in 'the'). Luckily, the team just goes by ÍR, so it's quite simple. I have a squad full of homegrown talent, and a single fellow from Senegal who seems to have gotten lost up here in the freezing cold. Should be interesting.

Good luck!! Very nice club to play with, IR. I'm having a youth save with them also. You need a very long breath. Season 2030 is almost finished in my save. Winning the league and both cups isn't very hard. But beeing successfull in Europe is way more difficult.

I will follow your career :)

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@fabreth Nobody has even made an offer for any of my players yet, so too soon to tell if my chairman will be like your 'douchebag'. Thanks for the workaround for Norway.

@darren1983 and @WinskiThat's the thing about this challenge. If you stay in the same division and at the same level forever it can be boring. I think it was last year with Piacenza I was in a rut just staying in mid-table season after season, so I started instant resulting, and instantly got relegated.

@XaW Good luck in Iceland. I am keen to do more challenges in Nordic countries. I did Iceland this year in the Ultimate Challenge, but that only lasted a couple of seasons. I've always fancied managing one of those teams with a Viking-ish name. I've just looked it up, and there's Viking clubs in lots of different nations, not just the Nordic ones. Widnes Vikings would be fun next year in they manage to do the EEE Database.

@vossmaj It is scary when that many teams are relegated the first (or any) season. As discussed I'm in a 25% relegation league myself. Hope things are more interesting and successful than they were in Hunan.

Polonia Warszawa 2021/2022

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSsbPCWYyR0jwgC2HvvWl7

League - Squad - Transfers - Finances

Fast update from Lotto Ekstraklasa... Great season 8th place in league and at the end of split we joining champions split where we losing everything but we are safe in this season and get extra money that give us possible youth lvl up. We COULD AND Shoul win National Cup in the final we were wining 2-1 but in 88' my goalkeeper just pass the ball to enemy and we tied then we scored for 3-2... RED Card and in finally we losing 3-4 ;D after another Goalkeeper mistake;)

Youth intake

I say good intake some boys with good potential.

Marek Wojciak (YP22a) 

Oskar Ruszkowski (YP22b)

Mateusz Wisniewski (YP22c) 

Dariusz Jastrzebski (YP22d) 

Rafal Zwolinski (YP22e)

•  

Season		League		Position		Achievments

2017/18		PFD		11th			Survived
    2018/19		PFD		5th			
    2019/20		PFD		9th
    2020/21		PFD		2nd			Promotion
    2021/22		LE		8th		   	Survived

Vikeologist's 2016/7 Chita Season Report

th?id=OIP.WeVsBZAqlhOgAVdlSImNAACCCm&w=1

We threw it away.

We’d been in or around the playoffs all season, but with 5 matches to go we went to 2nd and an automatic promotion place.

Then we shot ourselves in the foot (had one of my players actually literally walked on to the pitch with a gun and shot himself in the foot, that wouldn’t have been the stupidest mistake we made) with just 1 point from our next 4 matches. I thought that was it, but even though we went into our last match in 7th place, we were still just 2 points behind a playoff spot (5th because Spartak Moscow’s 2nd team were in 4th and couldn’t be promoted). I thought we were going to need a miracle to overtake the 3 teams above us, but when went ahead almost immediately, I realised that teams on the same points must be sorted on results between them, not goal difference. We were in a playoff spot, and maybe all we needed to do was hold on and win. That was indeed all we needed to do, but we couldn’t do it, conceding a goal. So 2 points from our last 5 matches.

Maybe being promoted would have been disastrous, but we’re going to need to find out at some point.

Despite having the 5th largest attendance for the division, and by far the lowest wage bill, I am not sure that we are all that stable financially, and I really do not want to have to sell off my best players.

Top Goalscorer – Andrey Razborov– 23, but only 5 from his last 14 matches, which is largely why we fell short. Hopefully next season Andrey and Daniil Anisimov (YP1a) will score a lot of goals. Andrey is just 23 years old, and is still improving, though he’s now at 4.5 stars in his report.

Best Average Rating Artem Yarmolitskiy 7.12 He’s a 24 year old central defender, and the only first team player whose wanted by another club. Hopefully I can fend them off, because we don’t have a lot of depth in central defence so losing Artem would be a huge blow.

Man of Match – Andrey Razborov - 5

MVP – I’d say a tie between Andrey and Artem, but make no mistake, Daniil Anisimov (YP1a) is the future of this club and beyond value. He's the reason I was happy with the first youth intake. He’s our designated free kick and penalty taker. He provided a solid 7 goals from his 14 games since the intake, and if he stays and the challenge takes a long time, could well end up being my first and only shot at the Danny Roberts 1,000 goal challenge, or would be were it not for the fact that our current division only has a 38 game season, and soon we’ll be promoted to the 30 match top division. Daniil’s media description is only promising striker, so maybe he only seems good compared to the rest of the team. In any case, he’s our player with the most potential according to my humbly attributed judging potential coach.

Transfers (One guy was bought before I took over)

Personalities and potentials

Performance

League Table

Season	Division				Position	Notes										
2016/7	National League				7th		Missed out on playoffs with 2 points from our last 5 matches.

US_Saint-Malo_Logo.png

Saint-Malo

Founded : 1902

Home stadium : Stade de Marville

LaCourneuve-42_500x375.JPG

Due to expansion of the 'Stade' we're sharing Roazhan Park, home to our near neighbours Rennes.

My profile.

2kDU4.jpg

A total of 15 players will form the squad for the season, survival is the priority!

21 hours ago, Winski said:

Good luck!! Very nice club to play with, IR. I'm having a youth save with them also. You need a very long breath. Season 2030 is almost finished in my save. Winning the league and both cups isn't very hard. But beeing successfull in Europe is way more difficult.

I will follow your career :)

Thanks! I'm not expecting much in Europe for a long long time, so I'm concentrating on Iceland at the moment.

20 hours ago, vikeologist said:

@XaW Good luck in Iceland. I am keen to do more challenges in Nordic countries. I did Iceland this year in the Ultimate Challenge, but that only lasted a couple of seasons. I've always fancied managing one of those teams with a Viking-ish name. I've just looked it up, and there's Viking clubs in lots of different nations, not just the Nordic ones. Widnes Vikings would be fun next year in they manage to do the EEE Database.

Thanks, Iceland seems to be fun so far. I'm just about to finish the season, with so few games in the league, the years should fly by. Should be possible to do a Viking-challenge? At least Iceland and Norway from my recollection, maybe Sweden as well?

XaW - Íþróttafélag Reykjavíkur - 2017

Emblem_of_%C3%8D%C3%BEr%C3%B3ttaf%C3%A9l

Table | Past positions | Squad | Transfers | Finances

Iceland. Home to, well snow, ice and the decedents of the ones Norway wanted to get rid off. Just don't tell them that. Still, they are very good footballers! Especially since the entire country only have about 330,000 people in total. If Iceland was a city in the US, it would be the 58th biggest city, or just about the size of Leicester populationwise. Some quick math; half of those are women, 2 thirds are outside the propper age for football. This leaves about 55,000 people, this are roughly all possible males in the age group. Of this Iceland have an amazing 20,000 registered footballers. So about half of all males in Iceland who might play, actually does. Anyway, my club, Íþróttafélag Reykjavíkur or ÍR, is located in Reykjavík, the capital. With a population of 123,000 we should have quite some youngsters to choose from in the intakes. 

After looking at the stadium, and I use the term veeeery loosely, I should probably got to know each and every fan personally:

19002738771_2a190c5d39_b.jpg2473.jpg

As the season started we played in the Upper League Cup. We were in a group with some teams from our division, and some from the top one. We lost the first match against top tier team Stjarnan, but did well in the rest, and we somehow managed to win the group. From then on we defended our way through to the final! We did end up short in the final though as ÍBV took the title. We also played in the VISA bikar karla, a more normal cup, like the FA Cup, and we did very well there also. The team progressed as far as the semi final where we got knocked out by top tier team Valur Reykjavík. Since we proved ourselves as a force in the cups the next step was to get up into the top tier. I kept playing defensively away and a more controlled approach at home. This turned out to be a great success, seeing as we only conceded 11 goals in the league this season. With a lot of goals as well, we finished on top as champions and promoted. The teams I have are pretty good, but the issue was the backup players. I think I'll let most of the backup go and just keep up with the youth as backup for the next season.

The youth:

We had a great youth intake this season! A lot of talented players and the best are probably Kristinn Einarsson.

Season League Position Upper league Cup VISA bikar karla Europa League Champions League Top scorer Youth Coaching Youth Recruitment Training facilities Youth Facilities Average attendance Season tickets Achievements
2017 1. deild karla 1st Runner up Semi final N/A N/A Stefán Þór Pálsson – 14 Good Average Adequate Adequate 551 242 Champions

Just got relegated IDK if I want continue this save must think about it ... I mean I didnt get sacked  but I have no power in my team since start i Have like 3 players that might be in Top league lvl and 2 of them probably will leave so...

PS. Fun fact one of lowest clubs from lower league changed chairman for Belgium one and Blekitni are now worth 58mln EUROs - the best Polish club is worth 32mln Legia :D

XaW - Íþróttafélag Reykjavíkur - 2018

The top tier of Icelandic football, we got to travel to famous places like Hafnarfjörður (a suburb to Reykjavik), Garðabær (another suburb to Reykjavik) and Kópavogur (seemingly a part of Reykjavik) we really felt that most football is played in or very close to Reykjavik. The longest trips we took was to Vestmannaeyjar, a small island south of main Iceland. According to Google Maps it was a two and a half hour ride from Reykjavik to Landeyjarhöfn and then a ferry out to Vestmannaeyjar. Am I weird for looking up local geography when playing FM? Still, I find it interesting to see how the local travel arrangements are. As the season started we played in the Upper league cup, but failed to qualify this time. It didn't go any better in the other cup as we got knocked out in our first match. In the league it went a bit better. I stuck to the defensive minded counterattacking tactic that worked wonders last season and we were very good in that regard. What we failed this season were any good attacking play. Evident by our top scorer ending with 6 goals. Our inability to scored enough was also the reason we struggled quite a bit this season. We did manage to avoid relegation though, and that was the main goal.

The youth:

We had another good youth intake! Some very talented players with Darri Auðunsson (YP18a) as the best of the pack, but I forgot to take a screenshot of him when he came through so the one is from the end of the season.

Season League Position Upper league Cup VISA bikar karla Europa League Champions League Top scorer Youth Coaching Youth Recruitment Training facilities Youth Facilities Average attendance Season tickets Achievements
2017 1. deild karla 1st Runner up Semi final N/A N/A Stefán Þór Pálsson – 14 Good Average Adequate Adequate 551 242 Champions
2018 Pepsi-deildin 8th Group stage 3rd round N/A N/A Róbert Kristinsson (YP17c) – 6 Good Average Adequate Adequate 840 358 Survived

Hi all,

I know I'm a little late to the party here but I've decided that this challenge is something that I'd like to give a go. Only problem being that I'm liking the look of Hungary (hopefully help them return to glory :lol:) but they aren't on the nations list.... is there any way they can be added or should I just pick another nation?

Hmm.. time to start the challenge, but..

Norway or Sweden... Sweden or Norway...  There are also Iceland, or Denmark, but in Denmark i would start with an amateur team.. no contracts.. too many headaches!

In Norway, I would take Lyn or Fyllingsdalen, and I would have the advantage of the first intake before the start of the season, but the start would be in 2018

In Sweden, I don't have a clear idea about the team, and would start one division below (4th division!). There's Vastra Frolunda(but with only 10 players), or other teams with 12,14 players.. but if I survive the first season could become interesting.

What do you think?

Oroshaza 

download.jpg

FinanceClub OverviewFacilitiesManager ProfileSquadTransfers

I’d usually give a little run down of the clubs history here but since the club was only founded at the turn of the millennium there’s nothing of note to mention really… 

As a whole what I’ve got here isn’t too bad, there’s a little money in the bank (for the time being), the facilities aren’t nearly as poor as I had expected and the squad, although it has a few glaring holes right now, looks like it can be at least competitive in the first season.

The board seem to be pretty co-operative with me at the moment since they’ve agreed to increase spending on junior coaching and sending me off to go get my first coaching badge pretty much straight away, which is nice.

As I’ve mentioned the squad is looking solid enough to probably manage a safe mid-table finish this year and build from there, there are two players that I am a little excited about though..

Csaba FoldesAlthough he doesn’t look like much now he apparently has the potential to be a decent top division mid-fielder and he had some impressive pre-season form. Unfortunately he picked up a lengthy injury in the final game before the start of the league which will likely keep him out till late November but with a little luck he can recapture the form he was in when he gets back fit.

Jozsef SimonOriginally I didn’t think too much of this guy but due to an injury to my 1st choice Attacking Mid he came into the starting XI and hasn’t looked back since scoring 5 in his first 9 competitive games and at only 16 looking like he can be one that can turn into something special for this club.

So, yeah, just a short one to get things started. Fingers crossed the league goes as well as I’m hoping and if there’s anything else anyone would like to see just let me know.

Good luck in Hungary, @Virtual Male! I had fun there with a club called Budafok a couple of years ago. My problem was taking the throne from Ferencváros.

@fabreth: I've tried in Finland, but the chairman sold all my talents for pocket change, so I got tired of it. Tried in Sweden some time ago, but couldn't finish it. Never tried in Norway or Denmark, so it would be interesting to see how it goes there.

In other news, we had a big sale just now. Still, a good amount for a talented goalkeeper. The reason I decided to cash in was the fact that I have 2 others who are about the same level.

Edit: I thought I'd elaborate a bit. This is the guy I sold, and this is the guy who took over his spot after the sale.

XaW - Íþróttafélag Reykjavíkur - 2019

We survived last year, and I was hoping for the same this season. I was hoping for some more town or cities to travel to this season, but both teams promoted into the Pepsi-deildin this season were located in Reykjavik. So just more local trips this season. As usual we started in the Upper League Cups, but as last year we failed to qualify when we ended in 3rd place in our group. In the VISA bikar karla we had a bit of a run and went as far as the semi final, before we got knocked out against a 1. deild karla team who won it in the end. In the league we got of to a good start and did lose any of the 12 first matches. Then we hit a little rough patch and other teams started to catch us. In the end though we managed to hold on and secure a very surprising title. Much earlier than I expected, but a welcome happening none the less. We are heading into Champions League!

The youth:

We had another surprisingly good youth intake! The best one are probably Valgeir Hróðmarsson (YP19a).

2018 Pepsi-deildin 8th Group stage 3rd round N/A N/A Róbert Kristinsson (YP17c) – 6 Good Average Adequate Adequate 840 358 Survived
2019 Pepsi-deildin 1st Group stage Semi final N/A N/A Darri Auðunsson (YP18a) – 21 Excellent Average Adequate Adequate 1,034 383 Champions

Oroshaza

download.jpg

Manager Profile - Transfers - Finances

Ness Hungary NB II - League Table - Past Positions - Fixtures

Well…. I’m not really sure where to start here, my aim was mid-table, the media predicted a 2nd bottom finish (and relegation) and yeah we finished 2nd and got promoted instead.

Over the first half of the season we were doing as i expected and were sitting 6th going into the winter break, we were scoring lots of goals with (I think) 38 in the first 15 league games leaving us the league's top scorers but we were also conceding for fun too having the 3rd most conceded at half way…. Lots of 3-2 Wins/Losses. After the Break we were still scoring just as many but only conceding 1 a game instead of 2 or 3 which lead to us going on an unbeaten run for 14 games after the winter break, going into the final day of the season 1 point ahead of 3rd place, needing to hope they don’t win their game if we do anything that isn’t winning ourselves….. We go in at half-time 1-0 up, Great… Then in the second half the defense downs tools and lets in 3 in 10 minutes and we end up losing 3-2… Luckily the team hot on our tail let in a last minute goal to draw their game and we go up on goal difference.

Cups

• Magyar Kupa - Reached the last 32

• LigaKupa       - Knocked out of the group stage (where we entered)

Not much to say about these games really.

Transfers

There has been some interest in a few of our players throughout the season with enquiries being made for Csaba Foulds by some teams in the league above. 8 of the 16 teams in Serbia’s top tier made bids for Daniel Bozoki but nothing over 25k and with him being one of our top players he’s staying put. One player that there was a full blown bidding war for over the winter window was Jozsef Simon with bids reaching £90K but again despite his young age he is one of the first names on the team sheet so unless something ridiculous comes in he’ll be staying.

Squad

I’ve got nothing but praise for the whole team for the season they’ve just had performing well above expectation for the full year. Some of the key players were;

• Zsolt Antal - He finished the year as our 2nd top scorer with 22 in all competitions (30 games) and got himself 12 assists too, I’ve got hopes he should be able to make the step up next season.

• Adam Hietler - Our and the league's top scorer with 20 league goals, 25 in all competitions, I got him to sign a one year extension mid-season so his contract now expires at the end of next season. However, he has started kicking up a bit of a fuss over the last few weeks and wants a move to the Austrian 3rd tier… I’ll wait to see what happens there now we’re promoted

• Jozsef Simon - By far (in my opinion) the best of the young players here this season. He scored or created a goal every 110 minutes over the whole season finishing with 11 goals and 14 assists, as I’ve already said there is lots of interest in this lad and with abit of luck he’ll be sticking around for a few years to come yet.

The Youth - Intake

I’m unsure if it was an exceptional intake or we have a poor squad.. Either way I’ll take seven 5* potential players. The pick of them is;

• Attila Juhasz - He’s come into the first team over the second half of the season, competing with Jozsef Simon for the Attacking-Midfield spot and in the 400 minutes he’s managed he has picked up 2 goals and 4 assists which has led to him becoming not only the clubs youngest player, but also the club and leagues youngest goal scorer.

Summary

I can’t really say much apart from I am delighted with how the season unfolded, ending in an unexpected promotion. The only thing I can say is the number of penalties we are giving away is just silly, the team conceded goals from 10 and the keeper saved another 3 or 4 (We gave away 3 in one game.. 2 were saved) so we were facing a penalty once every 3 games over the season :seagull:. I’m not sure how to fix it but maybe it was just unlucky.

The step up next year is going to be tough, but hopefully we can avoid relegation and start to develop some of the younger players that we have at the club now that there is a higher level of competition.. Also any money that comes with next season will really nice.

Thanks @Virtual Male! It came very surprisingly, but the money should be very welcome!

I can't seem to be able to view any of your images from the last post? I only get:

Sorry, an unexpected error occurred.

Please try again or go back to the previous page.

Maybe something to do with public/private or something?

@XaW I've just had a quick look, it seems to be an issue with the site I've used to upload the images (the whole site is down) hopefully it will get sorted quickly... or i'll find another place to upload in the future.

It should be working again now :D 

On 13/4/2017 at 23:16, XaW said:

@fabreth: I've tried in Finland, but the chairman sold all my talents for pocket change, so I got tired of it. Tried in Sweden some time ago, but couldn't finish it. Never tried in Norway or Denmark, so it would be interesting to see how it goes there.

On 13/4/2017 at 20:32, Muttley84 said:

@fabreth - why not go out of the box and pick finland? :) Between Norway and Sweden I would like to see it in Norway. Good luck any choice you make.

So it seems Norway wins... it was also my preference. So maybe it's time to bring back Lyn to the top and restore the Battle of Oslo against Valerenga!

Thanks for the suggestions.

Vikeologist's 2017/8 Chita Season Report

League - After pushing for promotion all last season, I expected to do at least equally well this one, but it didn’t work out like that.

We were in a relegation battle all season, although there was only one match where we actually dropped into the bottom 5 relegation spaces. We won a few matches near the end of the season to push out pretty much clear of danger. 8 points clear with 6 matches to go I started playing a team almost entirely on my youth intakes. I began to regret that decision when with 3 matches to go our margin of safety had been reduced to 4 points. I started to worry that perhaps I had made the biggest cock-up in the history of this challenge, but despite losing our last 6 matches, we were safe with 2 matches to go.

Still, the fact that we did so badly with essentially exactly the same team as the previous year was disappointing.

The reason that it was the same team is because I had to sell my top 3 players from my first intake.

The board accepted a ridiculous £400k offer for Sergey Magamaev (YP1b), and I protested. He is a winger so it wasn’t so much that I wanted to keep him, as I wanted more money for him. I eventually sold him for £2.5 million.

This meant though that the board wouldn’t let me object to the sales of Daniil Anisimov (YP1a) and Dmitry Romanov (YP1c) for comparative peanuts; my starting striker and attacking midfielder respectively. In the case of Anisimov, he wanted to go, but I could have got a lot more money for him, and indeed I did get another team to bid slightly higher, but he went to the team with the lower tender.

However, the silver lining is that the money temporarily solved any financial worries, and the board have agreed to improving both the training and youth facilities, which should be complete mid-way through next season. We’ve also improved the junior coaching from adequate to average. This means that we’ve spent pretty much all the money we got from the transfers so may have to sell more players at some point. I plan to sell players I probably don’t need before the board undercuts me again.

Developing players in the meantime though is still a struggle

·       Hard to get good staff

·       Although I can’t even fill up all my U21 coaching spots, I still don’t have enough coaches for the senior team, with just one coach for fitness and goalkeeping respectively

·       Our squad personality has gone from fairly professional to fairly ambitious, but I think really it’s low determination as young players determination goes down while their professionalism never went up (except by tutoring). The only tutors worth using are the 3 who have balanced personalities, but I know from their reports have some degree of professionalism from their reports in the past.

Frankly in retrospect I’d have been better off with a different tactic (with wingers), but the one I’m using has worked on the previous 5 or 6 teams I’ve used it for, so I’ll have to stay the course.

Squad

YP2 Intake (profiles are from intake date)

8 with 5 star potential, but actually I’m not sure any of them are that fantastic. Last year 2 of them were immediately put into the first team, but none of this year’s lot were good enough to start straight away. Valuable for quantity rather than quality. I gave contracts to every single one of the intake, and I don’t think I’ve ever done that before. Some of them are long-shots, but you never know.

Nikolay Kuprin (YP2a) An attacking right winger, which makes it sort of unlikely that he’ll end up being that useful to me, except hopefully the money I’ll be able to sell him for. Am trying to improve him as a central midfielder, and given that our midfield is pretty awful, he may well get more matches next season.

Georgy Chernov (YP2b) Has more current ability than last year’s best youth intake goalie, and is obviously a year younger. He’s now my (equal) second choice goalie. I’ll probably keep him in the youth team though, as they have more coaches. My starting goalie isn’t that old at 24, and with the hiring of a better coach, has finally shown some improvement. It’s going to be tough for Chernov to displace him any time soon.

Sergey Rylov (YP2c) I don’t use defensive midfielders either, so an another retrainee to central midfield, and he’s far more capable in that position than Kuprin at the moment. Looks like he may be our best free kick taker straight away, but not good enough yet to start on merit. However my midfielders are mostly poor and old, so I do need him to step up. Kuprin and Rylov are my only prospects in central midfield, and it’s not ideal that neither of them are natural central midfielders.

Nikita Ivanov (YP2d) Third best left back (excluding those players who start elsewhere), but left back is the other weakness in the squad, so it was quite tempting to see what he can do. He has looked good, but it would be a stretch to start him yet.

Victor Morozov (YP2e) A striker, who could be useful because 2 of the 3 players I lost from last year were strikers. Honestly can’t say I hold out much hope for him based on his attributes, but I like his professional personality.

Ivan Proshin (YP2f) Left winger. Useless to me probably, but I’ll see if I can make a central midfielder of him, but so far showing no competency at the role.

Igor Popov (YP2g) Last of the tagged players. A central defender, and fairly professional which might be useful in about 8 seasons. Got on the pitch a little near the end of the season.

YP1 update

Valery Nikitin (YP1e)- No sign of being able to play as an attacking midfielder yet.

Sergey Bondarenko (YP1f) Young goalie still has lots of potential, but frankly has been made obsolete by Chernov from this year’s intake.

Sergey Ivanov (YP1h) Now my 3rd choice central defender, and unless Fomin (YP1d) turns out to be able to score more than a goal a year, Ivanov could turn out to be the YP1 who plays most matches for the team.

The following players are the same as last season, but with dramatically worse results.

Top Goalscorer – Andrey Razborov– 13 (from 23 goals). By far my best striker. A pity he’s forgotten how to score. He’s partnered either by an old guy that has never scored many goals (though his rate was a lot better than Razborov’s this season) or Maxim Fomin (YP1d) who in 1,454 minutes on the pitch managed just 1 goal. Maxim’s attributes are improving, but that’s a strike rate that’s pretty hard to show faith in.

Best Average Rating Artem Yarmolitskiy 7.08 (from 7.12) Pretty shocking when that’s the best average rating. Yarmolitskiy and Rozborov are head and shoulders above everybody else in the team. On the good news front, nobody has put a bid in for him.

Man of Match – Andrey Razborov – 6 (5 the season before), but this should not be a number that is the best. Razborov has a (paltry) minimum release clause, so maybe it’s a good thing that he’s not attracting the attention of other managers, or indeed other goalkeepers. Oh wow, Razborov just accepted my first contract offer, so I obviously pitched that way too high (like most of his shots on goal). Still at least it’s got rid of his minimum release clause.

Transfers

16/7	National League				7th		Missed out on playoffs with 2 points from our last 5 matches.
17/8	National League				14th		Flirted with relegation all season, but it never got to see us naked.

Oroshaza

download.jpg

2018/19

Manager Profile - Transfers - Finance

OTP Bank Liga - League Table - Past Positions - Fixtures

I came into the season expecting to spend the entire season in and around the relegation zone but as the winter break came around we were sat solidly mid-table and thats where we stayed till the end.. Only being in the relegation zone for 2 match days at the start of the season and never being in any real danger of falling into a battle to avoid the drop. In all a very good league season.

Cups

• Magyar Kupa - After an early scare needing penalties in the 1st round we got to the 4th round before losing to eventual league winners Gydr.
  • LigaKupa        - The less said the better, 1 win from 6 and knocked out bottom of the group.. Pretty embarrassing

Squad

For the most part the squad was again playing well above expectation for the season, with the exception of Ferenc Voros and Zsolt Antal who last season couldn't stop scoring goals but apparently could't handle the step-up and only managed 13 goals between them in 52 appearances, I might be looking to move one of these guys on over the summer if they aren't scoring so there's some room upfront for some younger players to get some more game time. But, like I said I'm very happy with the rest of the squad with a few who stood out above the rest;

• Adam Heitler - He slowed down a little this season but remained our best (and most prolific) forward this season grabbing 14 in 31 over the season and winning fans player of the year. Hopefully he can keep it up next season while a few of the younger strikers settle in but it's looking like he's starting to decline physically.
  • Tamas Csiszar - He picked up a pretty big injury half way through the season leading to one of last years intake coming into the first XI (more on him later) but before the injury he got 8 assists in 14 and developed alot... Has been called into the Hungary U19's.
  • Peter Vagi 2017/18 - The replacement for Tamas Csiszar and the first of our own to make a real impact on the first team averaging a 7.18 over 19 league games (he got 2 reds in his first 3 games) and at 16 there looks to be lots to come, especially since he's been called into the Hungary U21's squad, although he hasn't played a game yet... He may well be my 1st choice right back for next season given he won the league's Young Player of the Year... It's a good problem to have really.

The Youth - Intake

Not as impressive as last years intake but still very good, 3 that can apparently develop into good players for the league.. 2 of which came into the team as rotation straight away.

• Tamas Csurka 2018/19 - Meet the club and Leagues new youngest player and scorer.. He came through with the same ability as our starting Attacking-Mid so made 8 appearances over the 2nd half of the season and got into the Hungary U19's towards the end of the season.. Can apparently become a leading player in the league.

Summary

I'm not expecting to improve or even replicate this season next year, my aim is to get 35 points in the league so I'm not having to worry about the possibility of relegation and see what happens from there. Long term I don't expect to be getting a top 4 finish to reach any sort of European competition any time soon, but hey.. Leicester won the Premier League so anything can happen, Right? ;) 

One thing that is becoming a real worry is the finances, we are losing money at an alarming rate and there don't seem to be any more cuts that I can make. We are already spending the least in the league on wages (less than half of the next lowest spending team). I'm not sure what can be done to remedy this, We're predicted to lose £300k-£500k over the season, the prize money in Hungary helps but doesn't fix things like in the bigger leagues, if every match is televised it'll bring in £60k which again would be nice but I actually get maybe 7 games on TV.. So £14k. Even player sales, although they'll help more than the other things, clubs just seem to be throwing in silly low bids.. No-one seems to be getting unsettled though, so thats nice.

I'm sure that money will sort its-self out, I've just got to continue cutting any extra expenses around the club.

1590.png

Manager  |  Club  |  Facilities

So, the choice is Lyn. Former Oslo top club who went bankrupt and is trying to climb the ladder up again. 2 Tippeligaen and 8 Norwegian Cups won in the past. Facilities are average in all, which is not bad, and team mentality is professional, which is very good. The media predict us 9°.

Since the intake is at the beginning of every season, I think I'll do two posts per season, a preseason one with the intake, and the second with the season recap.

Pre-season 1 - Year 2018

Squad  

The actual team is maybe too much on the offending side, I have many strikers and only two natural central midfielders. But I seem to have some very good players and already some talents. This squad depth seems adapt to a 3-4-3 tactic,  I sense it's a risky one but I'd like to try. I'll also prepare a simple 4-4-2. There are anyway some versatile players who should give me a variery of choices.

Intake

Not bad as a first intake, with good personalities too. Gundersen could already be our third natural midfielder, and I should give Magnussen, Kristofferson and Bjorkhaug game time in the first team. A bit too much left midfielders/wingers, with nothing interesting on the right side.

@vikeologist, there's only 2 divisions in Hungary so I'm in the top division already... We defiantly are nowhere near ready to get anywhere near the top, I feel last season was somewhat of a fluke. I plan on hopefully getting 3 or 4 seasons finishing around mid-table and hopefully in that time I can go some way to strating to sort the finances of the club then go from there. One thing that does concern me slightly is the fact that in my first team squad of about 25 there are only 5 players that are over the age of 21 so there's no real experience at the moment... I suppose that one will take care of its-self in time though :p.

Oroshana

download.jpg

2019/20

Manager Profile - Transfers - Finance

We never seemed to get going this season managing an 11th place finish and 14 points fewer than we managed last season (our first in the league), the season was disappointing in comparison to last but probably much more where we should be. the whole season was spent between 10th & 14th position, never dropping into the relegation zone or looking like we could challenge to push up the league.... There's honestly not a huge amount to say about the league season, it was a solid if unspectacular one.

Cups 

• Magyar Kupa - We managed to get one round further this year after facing 3 lower league sides before losing against Puskas Akademia. 
  • LigaKupa        - For the first time we got through the group stage!! And went on all the way to our first piece of silverware :D. It did take some heroics though as we needed to overturn a first leg loss in both the Quarter and Semi-Finals to get to the final where we got a 1-0 win over Debrecen to grab our first trophy of the save.

Transfers

I got rid of a few players on a free and a couple more for nominal fees in an attempt to cut the already small wage bill down some more and to also open a few spots in the first team for some of the kids. This did cause me a bit of an issue for a while though with 2 or 3 players kicking up a fuss about lack of competition for places... the trouble-makers weren't anywhere near the level of the first team though so that confused me a little.

The big business came in the winter window with Daniel Bozsoki leaving for Roda JC for £200k, he was one of our starting central midfielders but the money was too good to turn down. The other was last seasons Young Player of the Year, Peter Vagi who left for Rosenborg for £475k and 50% of what they sell him on for. It's a shame he went but again the money will help the club out so much and there was cover at the club already and someone who came through in the youth intake that I'll talk about some more later on.... Rosenborg have been offering me 250k to get rid of the sell on fee percentage clause almost every month since he went but I think I'll leave it active for the time being since he's only 17 and has another 2 years on his contract there.

Squad

I'm staring to see a number of players that have come through the youth intakes coming into the first team now even though it's only 3 years in which means that there isn't actually much game experience throughout the squad with only 5 players over the age of 21 which has really shown in some games where we've let leads slip because of little mistakes etc. but they're all doing their jobs. There were only really two player that stood out this year, one because of performance and the other because of his rapid development over the season.

• Adam Heitler - Another year, another Fans Player of the Year award for this guy. for the 3rd year running he was our top scorer with 13 in the league and 19 in all competitions. But I still have the same worry as the end of last season, he's 32 now and I guess we'll see how long he can still compete at this level for.
  • Bela Lenzser -  He only came into the first team after one of last years starting center backs decided to retire from this level of football and over the season he's made his name one of the first on the team sheet and at only 18 is rated as a good player for this league with potential to become a leading player. He's recently signed a new contract but was insistent on a £300k minimum release fee which is less than ideal but I wouldn't be too unhappy if he did go for that amount of money.

The Youth  - Intake

Another pretty good intake, there's a few that have come into the first team and have got a little game time over the second half of the season with one or two that I'm pretty excited about and looking to get into the team quickly, the main guy being;

• Richard Simon - After losing Vagi in the window before the intake I was a little light at right back so to say I was a little pleased seeing this guy come through would be an understatement he has the ability to come into the squad as a rotation option already at 15 and has potential to be one of the best players in the league, although I suspect he won't be around long enough to realize that potential fully here but he should command a pretty nice fee when the time is right.

Summary

Because of the money brought in through transfers I've managed to get the board to improve both the junior coaching and youth recruitment. I'm hesitant to start working on youth and training facilities for the time being just because of the pretty large sums of money needed to get them done but hopefully within the next few years I'll be comfortable enough to start work on those. The board also decided to relay the pitch at the end of the season, which is nice because I can't imaging it looked any different to some Hungarian waste-ground :p. At the end of the few upgrades this is what the facilities are looking like now.

For next season I'm expecting much of the same hit 30-35 points so relegation isn't a worry and continue giving a number of the young players minutes so they can develop. Another cup run would be nice but it's not something I'm prioritizing but the Magyar Kupa would be nice since the winner gets a place in the Europa League 1st qualifying round. 

1590.png

2018 Season Review

Review  |  Awards  |  Transfers  |  Finances

Post-Nord Ligaen Avdeling 1 - Table - Squad Stats

An interesting 5th place. Season started not to good, it's only from July onwards that we climbed up the table. When the 3-4-3 and 4-3-3 began to click in, we started a winning streak, with 3 goals/match at least. In fact we ended as the second best attack of the league. With the early tranquillity I could concede our prospects some game time.

I'm a little worried with the finances, as it seem it will be a down spiral until we get promoted. I didn't ask for youth coaching improvement because that would get the situation worse. In reality, with the November election the re-elected chairman put 200m in the club... let's see what happens next season without the elections.

Players

Johannessen - I admit he was a surprise. He finds his form mid season and started to score like a madman... end-season he went to "sleep" again but in the end was one of our best

Aase - our "resolute guy", our tutor, our big boy on the frontline. Hope to keep him for many years because of all these definitions.

Dahm - the "Lyn guy", many years in the team and a solid defender. He plays even better in the center of a 3-4-3

Hammer - would be even better if it wasn't for that determination and stamina...

Johansen - was a bit of a delusion, but it's a jolly and from next season onwards will be a great  tutor

Class of 2018

Magnussen - Probably the best of the lot, already played many matches

Kristoffersen - Potentially good full-back, didn't play very well though

Gundersen - the third natural midfielder, entered as substitute in many matches cause of Hammer stamina, didn't do bad

Oroshaza

download.jpg

2020/21

Manager Profile - Finance - Transfers 

Our third season in the division and another where we were solidly mid-table. We only scored 37 league goals which is far fewer than in the previous two seasons, probably due to a combination of an aging strike force and a change in formation moving away from playing 2 up-front to 1. In all a solid season and something to build on for next year.

Cups

• Magyar Kupa - Got to the 4th round before getting beaten on penalties against a team we dominated.
  • LigaKupa        - No repeat of least seasons heroics with the team barely getting out of the group before losing in the first knock-out round.

Transfers

• Attila Juhasz - Moved to Odd for £450k with us receiving 50% of what they sell him on for.
  • Tamas Csiszar - Trnava paid £180k for what was our 2nd choice Right Back, again with a 50% sell on clause.
  • Bela Lenzser - Was my best Center Back but had a £300k release clause and KRC Genk came in for him with a bid close to this, i got £295k and 50% of a future fee in the end... He's since come back into the league on loan at one of the larger teams.
  • Martin Csurka - At the time one of our starting Cebter Backs but kicked up a fuss during the winter window when clubs started showing interest in him, Left for Elfsborg for £425k and 50% of a future fee.... He's back on loan in our league too.

Everything else is just youngsters coming to the end of their deals with the only other thing worth mentioning being that Peter Vagi, who was last season sold to Rosenborg moved onto Malmo FF for £900k which netted us about £450k because of the sell on clauses I like.... He's on loan back in Hungary too at one of the larger teams.

Squad

Like I've already said goals seemed hard to come by this year, likely because of an injury to Adam Heitler which ruled him out for a few months and he never really came back from, unfortunately this meant he couldn't get back into the team and at 33 I couldn't justify offering him a new contract so he's now moved on. Some other things I noticed over the season is my team are woeful at defending against set pieces and crosses in the box so I had a little look and it turns out my team are on average both the shortest (5ft10.. 175cm) and lightest (11st6.. 72kg) in the league .. I think the average ago of under 20 years old goes some way to explaining this as the team still has some growing to do yet but it's frustrating non the less.

Hopefully I can avoid selling players that are in the first team for a year or two so the core of my squad can age a little and then we can actually have some experience in the team.. Only one player stood out this year so I'll show him then one player thats developed nicely over the season too.

• Jozsef Simon - a 6.90 average doesn't really do him justice and he played much better than that over the season, he was one of the players I wanted to grow into something nice when I came into the club and he's defiantly well on his way. At 20 years old he's actually one of the more senior players in the squad and is the Vice-Captain now... Scandinavian clubs are sniffing around him though.
  • Sandor Kovari - He was one of the players to come through the intake last year and I expected him to come into the first team over the next 3/4 years with him not being an outfield player but over the season he's come along really rapidly and is now just as good as my 1st choice keeper at only 17, the only thing that lets him down is his aerial ability and the fact he's abit on the short side but he's been fairly solid when hes played. He also made his U21's debut over the summer at just 17.

The Youth - Intake

I forgot to grab a screenshot of the actual intake but it was another fairly good one with just the one player who looks like he'll go onto bigger things than the Hungarian leagues.

• Csaba Juhasz - A decent looking Central Midfielder who I think will come into the first team and get some minutes next season, his physicals are okay so he should do pretty well in the league.

Summary

In all another solid and unspectacular season, I'm fairly happy we managed to keep our mid-table position given we sold on a number of important players. I'm not expecting anything else for next season because the squad is still so young and the quality we have is nothing in comparison to what the top 6 clubs have, as an example here is the goalkeeper of the team that finished 6th in the league last year compared to my best... It's going to take a while :p.  I've spent some of the tranfser money upgrading the youth and training facilities at the club, setting us back £1.3m so this should help in the long run.

Vikeologist's 2018/9 Chita Season Report

League - We were top of the table for the first two thirds of the season. Then our form fell off badly, but we still managed to crawl over the automatic promotion line in 2nd with 2 matches to go. We picked up 41 points in the first half, and just 27 in the second. I wasn’t sure if I wanted to get promoted this season; relegation next year is a probability. Often it didn’t look near the end of the season as though the players wanted promotion either. However, it will hopefully bring in better coaches and help us hold on to more players.

Transfers – We lost 5 of our youth intakes this season. 4 of them didn’t hurt too much. 3 were wingers who would probably have never retrained to much. We lost our promising goalie, Chernov (YP2e), but he might never have overtaken our comparatively young starter. The one that hurt was our third string striker Morozov (YP2e) who was blooming and probably on the point on being a starter. Chernov and Chernov, plus Kuprin (YP2a) were sold by my chairman, not me. It’s frustrating, not just to lose the players, but to know that I could have sold them for much higher prices.

However the money we do get is going to good use improving the facilities. Junior Coaching has been upgraded twice, Youth Training once, and our second training facilities upgrade is under way.

Squad – The reason I’m so pessimistic about our chances next season is because the squad has massive gaps, because we haven’t had enough central or attacking midfielders come through. We started the season with 6 of our starting eleven having less than 3 stars current ability according to our coach who’s the best judge of these things. I’ve pretty much given up trying to retrain wingers who come through now. I’ll just try to improve them as wingers and sell them off after a couple of seasons.

We still don’t have a midfielder with 3 stars, although hopefully a few of the youngsters will get there next season.

We have a huge age gap. There are no players between 19 and 24 inclusive in the entire squad.

The standout player(s) is in fact just one familiar name.

Top Goalscorer – Andrey Razborov– 26 Sounds a reasonable amount, but the goals largely dried up the second half of the season. His goals are kind of seasonal.

Best Average Rating Andrey Razborov 7.20

Man of Match – Andrey Razborov – 7

MVP – Artem Yarmolitskiy. Our central defender, and maybe best player. We just seem to concede a lot more without him.

Youth Intake

Thankfully we got a couple of promising midfielders.

Igor Bondarev (YP3a) – Central midfielder. Played a few games this season, but isn’t quite good enough to start yet.

Mikhail Prikhodko (YP3b) Straight in as our back up right wingback, and given that our starter is 32, a welcome arrival.

Alexey Bedretdinov (YP3c) We have a lot of good central defender prospects now, so hopefully he can either improve quickly, or I’ll be able to loan him out to a club in the National league, from whence we have just been promoted.

Maxim Zaitsev (YP3d) We’ve lost so many good strikers that Maxim is not that far off a place on the subs bench.

Danil Mironov (YP3e) Straight in as out starting attacking midfielder, because frankly he’s just about the only natural in the club, and I’ve already ruined too many good strikers trying to fit them into this hole. The weak link in our team, but hopefully not for long.

First Team Intake Players

Igor Popov (YP2g) Now a starting central defender.

Maxim Fomin (YP1d) I could have sold my starting striker at the start of the season, and after his single goal last year, I did wonder whether I should, but he flourished this year with 18. Ironically he was on the point of being dropped for Morozov who my chairman sold.

Sergey Rylov (YP2c) Segey is seriously unhappy at my refusal to sell him, and as he’s a defensive midfielder, I’m playing him out of position in central midfield, but my promising midfielders are guests at Hotel Chitafornia who can never leave, though I couldn’t stop him checking out any time he wants, and believe me, he did for the last part of the season. Maybe he’ll be happy now we’re in the top division. Our relationship is probably unfixable though.

16/7	National League				7th		Missed out on playoffs with 2 points from our last 5 matches.
17/8	National League				14th		Flirted with relegation all season, but it never got to see us naked.
18/9	National league				2nd		Automatic promotion.

Oroshaza

download.jpg

2021/22

Manager Profile - Finances - Transfers

Right, where to start with this one.... I suppose the positives first so, an 8th place finish and looking at the table another year being a solid mid-table club so that's nice and the lack of goals from last season wasn't a problem this season as we ended as the leagues top scorers with 59 in 30 games on top of that we had two players scoring 13 league goals and finishing joint top scorers in the league. But, there were some not so great bits too, the first would be the form, before the winter break it was pretty good.. after it not so much as we only took 13 points from 39 available when we came back. A big reason for this is the huge amount of goals we let in, we got the most in the league by a long way (17 more than the next worse) and let in 70 goals in only 30 games.. 2.3 a game. The first reason for this is the 9 penalties we gave away over the league season and the other is it feels like every floated ball into out box is destined for the back of the net as out defense and keeper just sort of stand and watch without making any real attempt to do anything...... If anyone has any ideas to do anything about this then they're welcome :D.

Cups

• Magyar KupaThe less said the better, we got to the 2nd round before losing to a 3rd division side.
  • LigaKupa        -  We went with the form here and didn't get past the group stage.

Transfers

• Csaba Foldes - Hamilton came in for him, he complained... I ended up getting £325k and 50% of the next transfer
  • Tamas Csurka - Another one that went to Scotland, Aberdeen paid £725k with 50% of the next fee before sending him straight back to Hungary.
  • Szilard Herczeg -By far the biggest fee I've received so far with KRC Genk paying £2.5m for this guy, I'll get 50% of his next transfer too.

I know I said last year that I wanted to keep the squad together but the money for these players was too good to say no to and is going a long way to improving facilities etc. around the club. Another one of our former players moved to Malmo FF with Attila Juhazs going there for £900k so I'll be getting £450k of that.

Squad

Another solid season with one or two standing out for good or bad reasons... our starting Left Back averaged 6.57 over more that 2000 minutes :(. A couple of the better players were;

• Jozsef Simon - At 21 he became our captain this year and he didn't disappoint grabbing 13 goals and 5 assists in the league finishing the leagues joint top scorer, from midfield.
  •  Csaba Buza - Came into the squad when another of out strikers decided he doesn't really like scoring goals and hit the ground running getting 13 before getting an injury that kept him out for the end of the season, leagues joint top scorer in his first season.. lets see what he does next year.

The Youth - Intake

A pretty good intake with some players that should be coming into the squad over the next season or so (depending on transfers) but no-one that really stood out above the rest.

Summary

Lots of good and bad this year. It looks like we should be good for goals now, fingers crossed, but there are holes that need tightening up at the back. At the moment i'm unsure if it's something with my tactics or if its just because my no-one in my regular back 4 is over the age of 20 so their reading of the game isn't where it could be.. either way its frustrating and will be something I'll look into. As far as the squad goes, i'm pretty happy with where it is and again unless silly money comes in for a player that there is youth available to replace I'll be trying to keep everyone at the club so we can start to develop as a unit, but we'll see what happens.

I've got all the available coaching badges now so I guess manager progress will slow up now. The bank balance is looking pretty healthy now so I've got the training facilities upgraded again so they're going to bump up to 'average' when thats done.

If we can get over 40 points next season I'll be happy.

Oh, and there have been 3 players who came through our youth intakes that now have caps at full international level with Hungary; Szilard Herczeg, Peter Vagi & Richard Simon have all made their debuts at 17/18 years old.. Only Richard Simon is still at the club though (for now).

XaW - Íþróttafélag Reykjavíkur - 2020

After last years surprising title win I hoped we could fight for it again, but was unsure if we were good enough. Before the season started properly we once again played the Upper League Cup. We managed to scrape through the group stage after mostly drawing against the other teams. Then we had a couple of easy draws to progress to the final. There we beat a 2nd tier team to take the cup. Only a few days after we played against last years cup winner in a Community Shield-like Super cup. We won it to claim our second title in 4 days. Yay, I guess. Then the season started, we did rather well and as the year went towards the summer we were in the lead, but only a few points ahead of Fimleikafélag Hafnarfjarðar, FH for short, and Knattspyrnufélagið Víkingur trailed only a couple points behind them. It continued to be close the rest of the season, but in the final 5 games both FH and Vikingur lost a couple of games in a row to give us another title! 2nd in a row, and I'm very happy.

More cups: We got as far as the quarter final in the VISA bikar karla before we lost to a 2nd tier team, in a game we dominated, but just couldn't find the net. We also had our first try in Europe. We got into the Champions League 2nd qualifying round and seeing as we are a small team from a very small country we were not seeded. This lead to a hard draw where we got a tough opponent in Celtic of Scotland. A close 1-2 loss at home was followed by a controlled 2-0 loss away knocked us out very short after joining. Still it netted us almost half a million pounds, so we can pay our bills again.

The youth:

The  youth intake this season was more based on quality than quantity! Two very good players in Brynjar Óli Þráinsson (YP20a) and Sindri Hilmarsson (YP20b)!

2019 Pepsi-deildin 1st Group stage Semi final N/A N/A Darri Auðunsson (YP18a) – 21 Excellent Average Adequate Adequate 1,034 383 Champions
2020 Pepsi-deildin 1st Winner Quater final N/A 2nd qualifying round Róbert Kristinsson (YP17c) – 13 Exceptional Average Adequate Adequate 1,502 821 Champions

I thought I'd present the players in a bit more detail once in a while and now is as good a time as any.

Keepers:

Kristinn Einarsson (YP17a) - Our first choice and a player targeted by a lot of teams around Europe. 6 games for Iceland U21, and have been called up the main team, but haven't played there yet. I hope I can keep him longer, but other teams are bidding close to one million pounds and I'm not sure how long the board will stay out of it.
Daníel Kári Víðisson (YP18c) - Second choice, but I have no problems with him playing. If he continues to develop I might get tempted to sell Einarsson. Capped once by Iceland U21, and a lot for the U19s.
Pétur Már Leifsson (YP20c) - Came through this season and got a match since the other two were away on international duty. Promising, but very young.

Right back:

Alexander Magnússon - No youth, but was our main choice on right back before he broke his legg. His stats have dropped a lot, so I'm unsure if he can return to his former glory or if he is done.
Sigurður Snorrason (YP19d) - Was a young talent and backup, but since Magnússon got injured he played the most of the season. Might be our first choice now.

Left back:

Reynir Haraldsson - No youth, but was one of the best players at the club when I took over and still are. Play great and are still young.
Hermann Ágúst Ólafsson (YP17e) - Mostly a backup and sub this season, but have had a great progression. Will get more chances next season. Capped twice for Iceland U21.

Center back:

Björn Anton Guðmundsson - No youth, but a solid defender. Never injured and always solid in the back.
Sindri Hilmarsson (YP20b) - Came through this season, and are probably the best defender already. My only issue is that he is a bit short and is lacking something in his jumping. I've put him on extra training, so hopefully he can improve there.
Halldór Arnarsson - Solid center back with a good amount of experience.
Brynjar Helgason (YP18e) - A very talented defender I hope can continue improving.
Bergur Sveinsson (YP18b) - Got quite a lot of matches this season due to injuries, but are a bit behind some of the other youths.

Defensive midfielder:

Dagur Pálsson (YP16b) - Solid and almost never plays a bad game. Does the dirty work, and does it well.
Rúrik Bernhöft (YP18d) - Backup, but better physicals than Pálsson, so he might be fighting for the spot next season.

Central midfielder:

Björn Pálsson - Old, but gold! The maestro of the squad, hopefully he can continue another season.
Bjarki Þór Ómarsson (YP17b) - His breakthrough season now. Scores quite a few goals as well.
Stefán Þór Pálsson - Versatile player, but mostly played in midfield, due to the lack of great players here.
Valgeir Hróðmarsson (YP19a) - A bit injuried, but played a bit and will most likely play more next season. Capped for Iceland U19.
Hörður Ingi Sigurðsson (YP18d) - Mostly a backup, but a talented player.

Right winger:

Róbert Kristinsson (YP17c) - Very good attacking player. Also plays some striker if needed. Capped for Iceland U19.
Jón Gísli Ström - Most capped player in the club. Mostly a backup, but does well when he play.
Arnar Sigurgeirsson (YP19b) - Young talented winger with good technical skills.

Left winger:

Viktor Örn Guðmundsson - A very good and balanced winger. Another one of the best players at the club when I took over.
Ágúst Benediktsson (YP19c) - Talented player, but need some work on the technical skills.

Striker:

Brynjar Óli Þráinsson (YP20a) - Came through this season, but instant impact as he scored on his debut. One of the biggest talents at the club.
Gunnar Geir Símonarson (YP17d) - Injured a lot this season, so I'm not sure how much he can contribute.

The ones who left:

Árni Freyr Tryggvason (YP16a) - Sold to Gent by the board a few seasons ago. Loaned out to another team my league this season. Very talented.
Darri Auðunsson (YP18a) - Sold this summer to Cardiff in the Championship. One game and one goal for the Welsh team so far. Very sad to see him go, but the board went over my head here as well.

All in all I think I have a very talented team, and the most talented in the league, I hope they can improve so we can go further in Europe in the coming seasons.

Polonia Warszawa 2022/2023

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSsbPCWYyR0jwgC2HvvWl7

League - Squad - Transfers - Finances

Relegation time... It's nothing I can say right now im disappointed we had great last season but now we are backing down... I would say most impact that make us die in league was offer from NAC Breda for Sauczek(200k couldnt do anything he wanted it in hes contract) that was our only striker and we just start losing after that. We lost with cup with Legia but in good style so im happy about that but anyway ONLY good thing that we reach in this season is youth facilities upgreat so I hope I will generate better talents! And ofc new main sponsor contract is great. There is no way we are able to back in next season on top we have no playmaker, striker and DR and DL. We losing Olesinski to Watford for 650k and Sajdak for 250K to Gornik Leczna so 2 best players so next season will be exciting xD

Youth intake

3 new boys inc. Kesek will be great talent after losing Sajdak...

Grzegorz Kesek (YP23a)

Grzegorz Koncki (YP23b) 

Dawid Jarzebowski (YP23c) 

•  

Season		League		Position		Achievments

2017/18		PFD		11th			Survived
    2018/19		PFD		5th			
    2019/20		PFD		9th
    2020/21		PFD		2nd			Promotion
    2021/22		LE		8th		   	Survived
    2022/23		LE		15th			Relegated

Thats really unfortunate you couldn't avoid relegation @Sn00gle.. On the upside some of those regent look like they could turn into solid players and fingers crossed for a nice intake to fill in some of your problem areas in the squad next season :D.

I should have an update on what was quite a big year for Oroshaza hopefully tomorrow once I've sorted some PC issues I'm having.

1590.png

2019 Season Preview

Let's begin with the intake. A pretty solid one, it seems. With these two leading the way: Jorgensen and Nowak, a striker and a defender. Other youths are a little behind but they have good potential.

Media prediction: 9th

Board expectations: Top half

I hope to restart from past season and at least confirm the good progresses done. It's a short league with only 26 matches, and teams are balanced, so a few points could make the difference. Bigger teams start to knock the door for the likes of Magnussen and Kristoffersen, let's see how it goes. We are semi-professionals so we have to climb up the leagues in order to hope to retain the strongest youths.

@fabreth - Jørgensen looks like a real fox-in-the-box to me. A bit more pace and you have a real poacher at that level.

In other news: I just got my third chairman. Damn this elections and one year terms. My youth philosophy gets removed every time and I have to wait a while to get it implemented again...

2 hours ago, Sn00gle said:

@XaW Such money for my club are just impossible from transfers so far :D

The fact that the first youth prospect I sold went for £2.5 million means that the fact that every subsequent youth I've lost has been for less money.

I do enjoy playing clubs off against each other and creating a frenzied bidding war, but obviously I'd prefer the players not to leave at all, and I'd definitely prefer for my Chairman to go back and reject offers once I've enticed higher ones form other clubs.

Im positive that my players cant be so bad to lose with so **** teams in that case my tactic are garbage  and I cant complete this challenge anywhere so I thinking of giving up I lost fun playing my save totaly... In Poland is like to play club from National League in England and straight vs league 1 league 2 teams and try to get into Championship :D

Relegation is always tough to take @Sn00gle but if you believe it's a tactics problem and not player quality then that can be worked on.. Maybe just use this season to play with tactics to find something that clicks? also a huge part of the game is moral management so if that's an issue then it might be an idea to get some friendlies arranged against tiny little teams to give your players a bit of a boost. Whatever it is you decide, the best of luck to you :).

A nice intake there @fabreth, Jorgensen looks like he could grab you a fair few goals in a few years.

Another solid season there @XaW, the league was never in doubt ;) It was unfortunate to get Celtic so early in the Champions league qualification rounds (I'd assume the were one of the bigger teams in that round?) hopefully you can get a little more luck next season.

37 minutes ago, Virtual Male said:

Another solid season there @XaW, the league was never in doubt ;) It was unfortunate to get Celtic so early in the Champions league qualification rounds (I'd assume the were one of the bigger teams in that round?) hopefully you can get a little more luck next season.

Thanks, yeah Celtic was one of the biggest teams at that stage. They even went into the group stage, so they were pretty tough. The league was closer than it looked, to be honest. But most of the teams are pretty even, so the winner of each game is never clear. This means teams can fluctuate up and down the table a lot. My biggest issue is that FH are professionals while the rest of us are still semi-pro, so FH are an issue to meet at times. I'm a bit into the next season by now, and I'm not in position to retain the title at the moment.

Archived