FM17 Youth Academy Challenge

@Sanno11 I don't know if you're still having issue with the game running slowly since the update (or anyone fort hat mater) but there's a fix out for it. Done the job for me and game running back to normal speed now

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

45 minutes ago, Sanno11 said:

Thanks for the heads up @darren1983 I will try that out. Rory Collis looks incredible, hopefully he can be the catalyst that fires you into the premier league.

Not likely - I turned down a bid for him from newcastle just before the season started and he kicked up such a fuss the whole squad went into revolt and morale dropped like a stone, as a result our form is P5 W0 D3 L3 F1 A4 :(

Everton came in for him and I had to let him go - got a good price though

I think I would have made the same decision, it isn't worth all the hassle that one player can cause. That is a game changing transfer fee I can imagine you are now plotting the different ways that can be re-invested.

I just gave my game a quick test after opening the public beta and it seemed backed to normal speed so I can crack on now.

Yeah have already had my youth recruitment improved and youth facilities upgraded. Just gotta make sure we stay up this year I think. An injury crisis coupled with the low morale already at the club has meant his has been our toughest season at this level.

Glad to hear your game is playable again though. 

XaW - Slovan Duslo Šal'a - 2017/18

Slovan_duslo_sala.png

Table | Past postitons | Squad | Transfers | Finances

Slovakia, a county I've never been to before, and a country I would never never ever mix up with Slovenia. Pfft, who would do something like that? Not me, that's for sure. Slovakia is located a bit east of the middle of Europe. Bordering Poland to the north, Belarus to the east, Hungary to the south, and both Austria and the Czech republic to the west. The country itself is rather young as a independent state, formed in 1993 after a split from the Czech republic when Czechoslovakia broke in half. The split, The Velvet Divorce as it was called, happened without violence or war, and was inspired by countries separating from Soviet Russia. Slovakias capital Bratislava is located far west, right on the Austrian border. It is spilt in half by the river Donau, the same river which runs through the Austrian capital Vienna. Šaľa is a small town located about 65 km east of Bratislava. It has a rich history, with it's first confirmed mention in a historic text as far back as 1002. With it's 24k inhabitants, it seems like a sleepy town. With the help of Google, I found out it have a couple of ok restaurants and some hardcore trance parties coming up. This town is supposed to be our home for the foreseeable future and I'm looking forward to it.

When I took over I noticed we had a pretty good squad. Though a bit short on the depth in the wide positions, both defenders and midfielders. I had high hopes for survival, at least when playing a rather defensive 4-5-1 to keep mostly clean sheets. The season started good as we got a win in the first round. A couple of wins and losses later we were in a comfortable top half position. As the season went on we just played better and better and towards the end we found ourselves with a comfortable lead! With a couple of games left we clinched the title and a promotion to the top tier! A great feat and very surprising. We had the best defensive record in the league and managed to score quite a bit as well.

For next season I hope we manage to survive the top tier while at the same time keep developing the talented youngsters.

The youth:

A very good youth intake. 3 very talented players.

New players:

Mario Molnar (YP18a) - A very promising attacking midfielder. Good technique and solid mental stats
Robert Gajgos (YP18b) - Talented midfielder, but a bit more rounded than Molnar.
Peter Novota (YP18c) - A third midfielder, but all have different qualities. Novota is more defensive minded.

Original talent:

Vladimir Karas (YP17a) - Very promising goalkeeper who was already at the club. 3rd choice, but got a couple of matches when the title was almost safe.

Season League Position Slovenský pohár Europa League Champions League Top scorer Youth Coaching Training facilities Youth Facilities Average attendance Season tickets Achievements
2017/18 DOXXbet liga 1st 2nd round N/A N/A Erik Malinak – 12 Average Adequate Below Average 619 355 Promoted as champions
Edited by XaW

Post the update, has anyone had any luck improving youth recruitment?

It was on the changelist but dont know if you need to start a new save to benefit from it. I still cant upgrade it.

36 minutes ago, Mr U Rosler said:

It was on the changelist but dont know if you need to start a new save to benefit from it. I still cant upgrade it.

Haven't tried mate, will have a look later if I get a chance.

@XaW You kinda confused Slovenia with Slovakia there mate. Slovenia is everything you described it to be, but pretty sure your team is from Slovakia (former Czechoslovakia). Not that would matter much in your career, but just to be geographically accurate. Cheers and good luck! :)

16 minutes ago, Muttley84 said:

@XaW You kinda confused Slovenia with Slovakia there mate. Slovenia is everything you described it to be, but pretty sure your team is from Slovakia (former Czechoslovakia). Not that would matter much in your career, but just to be geographically accurate. Cheers and good luck! :)

Ah crap. I mixed them again. I did that on my first writeup and changed it before posting. Damnit. I'll edit it out and write up again when I get home later. Don't want to offend any Slovenians or Slovakians who might read it....

4 hours ago, Mr U Rosler said:

I've managed to get an upgrade approved after I made my huge sale.

5 hours ago, XaW said:

Ah crap. I mixed them again. I did that on my first writeup and changed it before posting. Damnit. I'll edit it out and write up again when I get home later. Don't want to offend any Slovenians or Slovakians who might read it....

Well now, it's correct now I think. :)

XaW - Slovan Duslo Šal'a - 2018/19

Slovan_duslo_sala.png

To continue the fun fact; The club was at one point registered to the Hungarian Football Association. This was in 1926 and up until the end of the second world war. Another fun fact, this time about the town of Šal'a; They apparently have problems with bike thieves around the main railway station. Why is this a fun fact? I couldn't tell you, I'm just the messenger.

After the promotion last season I was unsure how the top tier compares to the second, but I elected to stay with our defensive 4-5-1. The plan was to grind out the most points we could, and keep the opponents as far away as possible. It turned out, that was a pretty good plan. Granted, we got blasted a couple of times, but we scrapped out more points that I would ever expect. Early on I was even at the top for a while. We picked up a lot of points and were never in the relegation battle. Going into the winter break we were in a solid 3rd place. Towards the end of the season we hit bad form though and we only won 1 of the last 10 matches. If we had gotten in a couple of wins more in those matches we would be in Europe next season. Still, I'm very satisfied with the season as a whole and hopefully we can keep it up next season.

The youngsters have developed well this season with a couple of players getting quite a lot of matches. We did have one setback though, as the board sold my young goalkeeper talent to another club in the league. At least we got a decent amount for him.

The youth:

A great youth intake. Some very good players, and quite a lot of them.

New players:

Lubos Guba (YP19a) - Winger with good technical stats. Needs some work on his mentals, but very talented.
Stanislav Hamsik (YP19b) - Physically good left back. Might get some matches early on as this is a position I've been having problems with.
Jozef Adamec (YP19c) - Promising striker. Seems to be a fox-in-the-box.
Andrej Kosorin (YP19d) - Right winger with some talent. Seeing as I only have a single right winger he will probably see play sooner than later.

First intake:

Mario Molnar (YP18a) - Regular of the bench this season. Good progress.
Robert Gajgos (YP18b) - Got a couple of sub appearances and are progressing well.
Peter Novota (YP18c) - The one who got the most matches, though that was down to injuries. Does well, but still have some work to do to be a first choice.

Original talent:

Vladimir Karas (YP17a) - Were second choice and got some matches here and there when he got sold. Got his U21 debut for the national side as well. Sad to see him leave.

Season League Position Slovenský pohár Europa League Champions League Top scorer Youth Coaching Youth Recruitment Training facilities Youth Facilities Average attendance Season tickets Achievements
2017/18 DOXXbet liga 1st 2nd round N/A N/A Erik Malinak – 12 Average Basic Adequate Below Average 619 355 Promoted as champions
2018/19 Fortuna liga 5th 3rd round N/A N/A Francky Nguekam – 13 Good Basic Adequate Below Average 1,421 885 Top half finish

Edited by XaW

Ilkeston F.C Season 16

Premier League

65Nqm16.png                           

League Table| Squad|Transfers| Finances |Results 1| Results 2 |Facilities

Season overview

Stepping up to the Premier League was a huge ask for the Ilkeston squad, we only really have two first team centre backs and a midfield that started playing together in League 2. However by the time we had made it to game week 38, we had against the odds secured our safety. We survived the pre-season without losing Miles Muggleton (YP31a) which at least gave me hope. I couldn't have asked for a better start to the campaign, recording back to back wins. I knew this wasn't going to last and prepared myself for the struggle to come.  A spirited home draw to Newcastle was a good result and a home win against Liverpool was brilliant. The 6-1 away at Ipswich was depressing. I knew I couldn't hope for more from this squad and just enjoyed it when we did pick up the odd win. The fixture list was cruel and we faced, Man Utd, Arsenal and Chelsea in quick succession, a goal difference of 2-13 tells the story. On the bright side though our good start had meant we still hadn't been in the relegation spots yet. The low point of the season was seeing our main centre back break his leg in a friendly and rule himself out for 6 months. Our form continued and I could see it wouldn't be enough to stay in the league, eventually by game week 32 we had fallen into 18th place.

We had 6 games to turn it around and 3 of them we against the big guns mentioned earlier. To my surprise the Ilkeston lads raised their game and managed to 1-0 victories in the 3 winnable games against West Ham, Leicester and Brighton, admittedly two of those winning goals were 25 yard strikes, whilst amazing to witness, there is a bit of luck. We were now 3 points clear of Crystal Palace in 18th place, they had already lost there penultimate game, which was played at 12:45. I knew a draw would see us secure safety, but we had Chelsea and Arsenal as our two remaining fixtures. We took the lead against Chelsea and try to play safely. They took control and took the lead in the 72 minute, I went back to playing freely and to my surprise we equalized. Muggleton got himself sent off, but we defended stoically and held on. The final game against Arsenal was played without a care in the world and we were only narrowly beaten.

For us to survive this season is a great achievement, but looking at the big picture the money we received has secured our future even if we are relegated next season. The final league table shows the disparity between the two Manchester clubs and the bottom 5. The goal difference alone is pretty ugly stuff.

Top Performers

Miles Muggleton (YP31a) The only player rated of Premier League quality. He was steady this year but we would struggle without him. He is generating lots of interest and is refusing to sign a new contract but with another year left I have some time

Dennis Doherty (YP23a) Voted fans player of the year again and was incredibly consistent. Has now played in every league from Vanarama National up the Premier League

Jonathan Partridge (YP30a) Despite him being inconsistent we now rely of the big lad to perform. He led the team in goals and assists.

Youth Intake

A really important intake for us, we finally have some defenders to work with. Most of them need some work but we do have a few tutors now and so may make decent players out of them yet.

Ben Berry (YP33a)  A player full of potential but lacking the quality to make the first team just yet. I need this lad to succeed.

Ben Francis-Folkes (YP33b)  This lad has a chance of being a great player, I would like his work rate to rise but he will be in the first team

Tim Hackney (YP33c) A great prospect and well balanced already, however his poor personality will hold him back. I am lacking in a tutor for him and so will need some luck.

John Taylor (YP33d) Our first real GK prospect for years. He will have to get some game time and good be a long term replacement for Severn

Club Overview

As you can see from the finance screenshot we now have £87,000,000 in the bank. That is a ridiculous amount of money. We have increased our youth recruitment this year up to the 'above average' level. We also have youth and training facility upgrades in process. One little annoyance is the stadium upgrade that was announced last year stated the capacity would be 15,500, but upon completion it is only 12,500. I assume this is something to do with seating?

We are secure now for the foreseeable future and will just take a few years to upgrade everything to the highest level. I have a feeling it will be the players who will be behind in terms of quality for while yet.

Edited by Sanno11

@XaW What tactic you use now?

PS. Im taking control of Polonia Warszawa old Polish club with 2x Polish Champion 2x Polish Cup winner and also 2x SuperCup winner. Ruined by chairman by selling licence to other club and selling all good players.... now rebulid by fans and Jerzy Engel (famous Polish trainer which also was with national team in 2002 in Korean&Japan World Cup) and Radosław Majdan (ex-National team goalkeeper and Polonia player aswell). Will "Black Shirts" be able with new manager back on the top and get players on NT lvl like Teodorczyk(Anderlecht), Sobiech(Hannover96), Wszołek(QPR) again? Stay tuned! (sorry for bad english)

@Sn00gle I use a very defensive and narrow 4-5-1 mainly, but switch it up when I need. I tweak a lot in matches though,so the base line is a solid defense, and then change it up when I need a goal. I'm about to write up a season review now, but I can reveal that I only conceded 18 goals in the 33 league games this season. Though we only scored 41 goals in the same games, so it's no goal bonanza when we play. 

XaW - Slovan Duslo Šal'a - 2019/20

Slovan_duslo_sala.png

Another fun fact about Slovakia; The country are ranked in the top 3 with regards to beautiful women. It also have the higher rate of castles per capita in the world. So here I am in Slovakia, up to my ankles in pretty women and castles. Sometimes life is good.

Speaking of good, our season was that and so much more. After taking the level very good last season I had hopes for another good season. I don't think the difference between the first two tiers in Slovakia is very big. The team that got relegated then I got promoted didn't finish in the top half last season, so I guessing it's more down to form and luck more than difference in skill. I kept going with the same 4-5-1 with a focus on not conceding and it payed of again. A couple of the youngsters really had their breakthrough season, and it was really a season where everything went our way. We had the lead going into the winter break, but only a couple of points ahead of FC Nitra, Slovan Bratislava and AS Trenčín. When the players got back from the holiday we fell into a bit of a slump. Not that we lost any matches, but 6 draws in a row with too few goals was what we delivered. Luckily, the other teams also struggled a bit and we kept our lead. With 2 games left we were 3 points ahead of Nitra when we played them away.  A win would guarantee the championship, while a draw would almost certainly do the same. With my "shut-up-shop" tactic I had faith we could do it. We almost gave them no chances at all and when top scorer Erik Malinak hit a brace in two minutes we were flying. A couple of minutes later their right back got his second yellow card to reduce Nitra to 10 men. We controlled them rest of the match and ended as winners 2-0. The championship was ours! An amazing feat by the players! This means we are going into Europe next season, and even the Champions League qualifiers! In the cup we had a very lucky draw and go all the way to the final without playing a single top tier team. Our opponent were Slovan Bratislava. An even fought match were goalless at full time, so it was into the extra time to decide the winner. Slovan Bratislava had the most energy left and they took the lead when their striker found some space in the box and slotted it into the corner. With only four minutes left we didn't manage to answer and it ended with a loss for us. Very close to our first cup win, but no sigar. I'm hopeful we can fight for the trophies again next season since the youngsters will have developed even further then.

The youth:

A good youth intake this season.

New players:

Jozef Le Giang (YP20a) - A great talent. Good determination and a professional personality. I have very high hopes for him.
Stanislav Bartos (YP20b) - (Error in my nickname here, but fixed it later on) Promising central defender. I only have 3 decent ones so he might get some matches.

Second intake:

Lubos Guba (YP19a) - Mostly played in the cup, but are progressing well.
Stanislav Hamsik (YP19b) - Mostly a backup, but are improving.
Jozef Adamec (YP19c) - Mostly played on the right wing, but he does great. Amazing improvement this season. Capped by the U19s.
Andrej Kosorin (YP19d) - Horrible season from him, even though he got some matches. Need to step up now.

First intake:

Mario Molnar (YP18a) - Improving and plays quite a bit, but he don't produce much in the way of goals or assists. I hope for more.
Robert Gajgos (YP18b) - Great season by the midfielder. First choice in the midfield now. Even scores quite a bit. Capped by the U19s.
Peter Novota (YP18c) - Good progress as he is rotated into the first team.

Original talent:

Vladimir Karas (former Y17a) - Don't even play for the B team of Slovan Bratislava. Hopefully this will serve as a less for the other youngsters.

Season League Position Slovenský pohár Europa League Champions League Top scorer Youth Coaching Youth Recruitment Training facilities Youth Facilities Average attendance Season tickets Achievements
2017/18 DOXXbet liga 1st 2nd round N/A N/A Erik Malinak – 12 Average Basic Adequate Below Average 619 355 Promoted as champions
2018/19 Fortuna liga 5th 3rd round N/A N/A Francky Nguekam – 13 Good Basic Adequate Below Average 1,421 885 Top half finish
2019/20 Fortuna liga 1st Runner-up N/A N/A Erik Malinak – 14 Good Basic Adequate Below Average 1,603 1,030 League champions
Edited by XaW
7 minutes ago, Sn00gle said:

@XaW Nice season GRATZ your youngsters looks amazing

Thanks! I've been lucky with a couple of them!

We had our first match in Europe just now, and.... well, wow!

Dulwich Hamlet - EFL Championship - Season 2035/36

582de1dcd2b85_DulwichHamletBadge.png.ab4be1650b22e6ca1d689b30314b217e.png

League Table| Graph| League Cup| FA Cup| Transfers| Squad| Finances

What a very strange season this was. Started in the summer when Premier League clubs starting sniffing around our young prospect Rory Collis (17A) I rejected a bid from Newcastle and this proved to be a mistake as Collis was determined to leave and managed to get his team mates to agree so going into the new season moral was rock bottom. In the end we managed to get a great price for Collis from Everton and away he went. The damage was done though as we were finding goals hard to come by and a few days after selling Collis we also lost our other front line striker, and record scorer Weaver for 3 months, this meant it took us 10 games to even record our first win of the season. With goals hard to come by I started playing around with formations trying to find some form before eventually choosing to return to my 433 that has served us so well. I tweaked some roles to make us harder to beat, our form improved as we hardly conceded but goals were still an issue (At no stage of the season did we have a positive GD) but we pulled away form relegation battle and were comfortable in mid table. Towards the end of the season I managed my 1000th game which ended in a 2-0 loss to a Swansea side that only had 1 shot on target - somehow felt right :D 

In the cups we beat a couple lower league sides before succumbing to Premier League side Norwich in the league cup and in the FA Cup Spurs were too good for us.

Youth Intake

A good intake with 4 players tagged and thanks to the Collis transfer I was not only able to improve training and youth facilities but we also finally went from category 4 to category 3.

Joseph Kyricou (19A) - CM to ad to our growing list of young players that can play in our AP role
Will Dobson (19B) - another CB to add to our collection
Robert Potts (19C) - this gives us 3 keepers now all under 21 who, with some work, could make it for us
Akeen Steele (19D) - would have ranked him higher but his personality (low determination) worries me, needs some good tutoring to have a chance

Season		League		Position	Achievements

2017/18		VNS		1st		Champions
2018/19		VNL		7th		
2019/20		VNL		14th 
2020/21		VNL		15th
2021/22		VNL		4th		Promotion via playoffs
2022/23		EFL2		22nd 
2023/24		EFL2		4th		Lost Playoff Semi Final	
2024/25		EFL2		22nd 	
2025/26		EFL2		19th 		
2026/27		EFL2		9th		
2027/28		EFL2		3rd 		Promotion!
2028/29		EFL1		3rd		Lost in Playoff Semi Final
2029/30		EFL1		13th		
2030/31		EFL1		8th		EFL trophy runner up
2031/32		EFL1		2nd		Promotion
2032/33		Champ		10th	
2033/34		Champ		16th 
2034/35		Champ		13th 
2035/36		Champ		11th 

XaW - Slovan Duslo Šal'a - 2020/21

Slovan_duslo_sala.png

Table | Past positions | Squad | Transfers | Finances

Another fun fact about Slovakia; Staff from Slovakia have monthly meeting with staff from Slovenia to exchange mail that have been addressed wrongly. See, it's not that easy...

Being the reigning champion we had quite some pressure on us. The media didn't rate us though, and we were tipped more towards relegation than to retain the trophy. We were eager to prove them wrong though, but we had a rough start. We managed to pick ourselves up after the poor start though and fought our way up the table. As the season progressed towards winter two teams got a little gap to the rest. Ourselves and Nitra started to show our class and the race was on. No one really got any leads and for the longest time we were completely even. With 3 matches left we were a single point ahead of them. Then we played the worst match of the season. We lost 4-0 to one of the teams fighting to avoid relegation. Luckily for us Nitra also lost. The next match we bounced back, however Nitra lost another match. This meant we had managed to keep the title in Šal'a for another year! A very good season from all the youngsters. We also had another season of easy draws and got to the cup final once again. This time our opponent was Trenčín. We had a horrible evening and lost 3-0 to be runner-ups for a second year running.

We got to measure up against the best in Europe this season and we started in the 2nd qualifying round in Champions League. Here we got drawn against FK Partizan of Serbia. An amazing 3-0 win away was followed up by a controlled 1-0 at home. In the next round we drew Maccabi Tel Aviv of Israel. A 2-1 win at home and another 2-1 win away was enough to push the Israelis our of the way. In the Playoff our opponent was Dynamo Zagreb of Croatia. We managed a great 1-0 win at home, but away it was heartbreak as we lost 3-1 with their final goal in overtime. So close, but at least we were qualified for the Europa League group stage. There we drew Man City of England, Braga of Portugal and Austria Wien of Austria. We managed a single win against Braga and a draw against Austria Wien, but it only gave us 4th place. Still, a great try and it helped our finances amazingly. We have a new stadium on the way, as well as improved youth and training facilities.

The youth:

A fantastic youth intake with a lot of very promising youngsters.

New players:

Robert Jakubek (YP21a) - An amazing striker. Will most likely fight for a starting place soon. Scored on his debut.
Roman Kozak (YP21b) - Very talented goalkeeper. Might challenge rather sooner than later.
Jan Nemeckay (YP21c) - Central defender with a bit of skill. I hope he can make it.
Milan Mikulanin (YP21d) - Midfielder I have hopes for.
Peter Janosik (YP21e) - Lethal striker. A bit in the shadow of Jakubek, but talented non the less.
Ivan Sudimak (YP21f) - Left back with some skill. I hope he can do some good.

Third intake:

Jozef Le Giang (YP20a) - Gets better and better. Soon might be our first choice.
Stanislav Bartos (YP20b) - 3rd choice at the moment and gets some matches.

Second intake:

Lubos Guba (YP19a) - Got a couple of matches. Mostly a backup though.
Stanislav Hamsik (YP19b) - Great progress and are now fighting for the first team.
Jozef Adamec (YP19c) - Great season on the right wing, both scored and assisted quite a bit. Capped for U21s.
Andrej Kosorin (former YP19d) - Another bad season.

First intake:

Mario Molnar (YP18a) - Solid season in the midfield. Capped by u19s.
Robert Gajgos (YP18b) - Another good season. Didn't want to sign a new contract, so he is leaving for France this summer, unfortunately.
Peter Novota (YP18c) - An ok season, but nothing more from him.

2019/20 Fortuna liga 1st Runner-up N/A N/A Erik Malinak – 14 Good Basic Adequate Below Average 1,603 1,030 League champions
2020/21 Fortuna liga 1st Runner-up Group Stage Playoff Peter Janso (YP19e) – 18 Exellent Basic Adequate Below Average 3,149 1,514

League champions,
EL Group stage

Edited by XaW
2 minutes ago, Sn00gle said:

@XaW There is some problem with some screenshots (players mostly) very good season again good intake your doing amazing! 

I just ended a season so probably I'll give update soon.

What screenshot are the issues? All show when I try.

@XaW I can see only few screens from last intake otherwise there I have msg " Server failed to authenticate the request. Make sure the value of Authorization header is formed correctly including the signature. " So I guess mby some issue with server I check it again later.

PS What do you think about him Zmuda im wondering to turn him into centre defender playing ball or should I train him on centre midle?

Edited by Sn00gle

@Sn00gle They all work when I'm trying. They are uploaded through Steam so they should be ok as far as I can tell. Regarding Zmuda, I'm unsure. I would see him as a deep lying playmaker perhaps, or maybe a half back. With his technique and flair he could do good. I don't rate central defenders with low jumping so I wouldn't have him there.

Just got this offer out of nowhere. Could be fun, but it's outside the rules I imagine.

Polonia Warszawa 2017/2018

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSsbPCWYyR0jwgC2HvvWl7

League - Squad - Transfers - Finances

What I can say about this season. Our goal was ofc to survive and we reach it so I guess we are ok. Im totaly not happy about Polish Cup where our enemy Chrobry tied in 90' and we lost in extra time. For plus club decided to improve youth budget and second after all in pain but we managed to finally after whole season reach a good tactic after a lot of experiments.

Youth intake

Decent but seriously youth I've get here are on position that we have very strong players so but after all could be worst ;D Every single who was tag played at last 2 matches in the first season.

Rafal Olesinski (YP18a) - Very promising I hope he will develop well.

Damian Zmuda (YP18b) - Like I said before im using centre middle or DC playing ball for now he is staying as CM we will see how he will develop and eventually then I will switch position.

Damian Smolka (YP18c) - As scout says similar potential to Zmuda. Better phisical skills so far good for Polish phisical league.

Pawel Radomski (YP18d) - Decent DC without anything special probably sub becouse I have 3 very good DC atm.

Marcin Olczak (YP18e) - This finishing man... anyway he is the fastes striker from my players so I will use him as a sub for late game in match.

PS. Sorry for English!!<3

Season		League		Position		Achievments

2017/18		PFD		11th			Survived

Edited by Sn00gle

Varda_se.jpg

What's been going on

I know it's a little late but I started a youth academy challenge in Hungary. I wanted to create a bit of a rivalry so i changed one team to be from Budapest. 

My club is now called FC Várda Budapest and we started in the second tier of hungarian football.

Has gone pretty well so far, achieved promotion in my first season, had some really decent youth intakes but I'm struggling financially which results in my selling my best prospects every season. Even though I do have some money in the bank, we are loosing money all over the place.

Transfers season 1

Transfers season 2

Transfers season 3

Transfers season 4

Transfers season 5

As you can see we don't even sell our players for much because most transfer offers are being accepted by my beloved board and I can't do anything about it!

Frustrating but I guess that's part of the challenge.

That's my current squad and my incredible youth intake. Still buzzing about that!

Honestly I've never been that lucky with youth intakes in my whole FM history. 

We do have some issues at the back because we simply lost most of our defenders during the last transfer windows but not too much of a worry.

League table not looking to bad but the big boys seem a bit out of reach for us currently. Let's hope finances improve over the next few seasons.

Edited by SebKolbeck

@Sn00gle A good solid season and some good talents.

@SebKolbeck Looking good in Hungary. Played there some versions ago and had a blast.

@tyler16 Thanks! It was tempting, but I'm guessing it would be outside the rules for the challenge. I would probably call up a lot of the youngsters way to soon though.

Polonia Warszawa 2018/2019

Well our finances going bad, we lost asistant and trainer one of them go to Gornik Zabrze as a manager second one joined last season promoted club Stal Mielec :( We could fight for promotion but 5 lost streak at the end ruin our dream very fast. Worth noticed Rafal Olesinski (YP18a) have a bigest improvment from youth. Winner of the season is our only foreigner from Lithuania Donatas Nakrosius good season with 3 caps in national team. Again we lost in first round in cup im crying about that and *SPOILERS* in 3 season we lost again xD (3th season started very bad). Ofc my youth started to be interesting for top club's in country Olesinski, Zmuda and new one Leszczynski geting a lot of oferts im littlebit afraid. If I want to keep this save alive I need to get promotion in next 2 seasons or idk if I will able to manage something more with more and more lack of finances mby a Quatar chairman or something will help:)

Youth intake

Not bad we geting GK but still I need defenders on sides and striker

Dawid Leszczynski (YP19a) - Promising dunno what to say we will see after some time.

Jacek Sajdak (YP19b) - It's allways good to have goalkeeper in u18 with potential. Looking decent probably he will join first squad soon.

2018/19		PFD		5th				
Edited by Sn00gle

XaW - Slovan Duslo Šal'a - 2021/22

Slovan_duslo_sala.png

Table | Past positions | Squad | Transfers | Finances

Fun fact: At least for me. Liverpool won the Champions League! They have also won Premier League two times. This is unusual for me, since they tend to be horribly bad in every one of my games.

The league matches are starting to become pretty easy. We only lost 3 league matches while only conceding 18 goals in the 33 league matches. Very solid defensively, and when we at the same time scored more than 50 goals we won it quite comfortably. Trenčín held out pretty good and was the closest one all season, but in the end they fell short. We also managed to win the cup this season! After being runner up 2 times in a row we finally won it, With winning the Slovakian version of the Community Shield before the season we had our first clean sweep domestically.

We had another try in Europe this season and the Champions League qualifiers were once again drawn. Our first opponent was HJK of Finland. 3-1 win away and 2-0 win at home put us through. In the 3rd qualifying round we beat Ludogorets of Bulgaria 2-1 at home and held them to 0-0 away to get into the playoff. There we Celtic of Scotland as our final hurdle for the group stage. They comfortably beat us 0-3 and 0-2 to knock us out. This did qualify us for the Europa League group stage though, and here we drew Galatasaray of Turkey, Valencia of Spain and Ludogorets of Bulgaria once again. We lost away to Valencia and Galatasaray, but managed to draw them both at home. When we won at home and drew away with Ludogorets we finished in a very respectable 3rd place in the group. While it knocked us out of Europe it was still a valiant effort.

The youth:

A decent youth intake this season, but not as good as last year.

New players:

Martin Majtan (YP22a) - Promising right back. Good mentals and physical stats. Just need to work on his technical skills.
Matej Lukac (YP22b) - Defensive midfielder with a promising future if he progresses well.

Fourth intake:

Robert Jakubek (YP21a) - Mostly a sub this season, but scores when he gets chances. Capped for U19s.
Roman Kozak (YP21b) - Got some matches towards the end of the season. In contention for a first team spot.
Jan Nemeckay (YP21c) - Got thrown into the first team due to injuries and did great. Now our best central defender. Got capped for the U21s twice.
Milan Mikulanin (YP21d) - In rotation among the midfielders. Does ok, but nothing more. Capped for the U19s.
Peter Janosik (YP21e) - Very good progress. Gets some matches and will probably get even more next season.
Ivan Sudimak (YP21f) - 2nd choice left back now. Continues to improve. Capped at U19s.

Third intake:

Jozef Le Giang (YP20a) - Continues to get better, but it might be that Kozak is better, I'm still unsure.
Branislav Bartos (YP20b) - Backup, but have stalled a bit. Need to up his game.

Second intake:

Lubos Guba (YP19a) - First choice and did good, but for some reason his determination fell. Hopefully it won't impact him.
Stanislav Hamsik (YP19b) - Great season and are now our first choice left back. Capped for the U21s now.
Jozef Adamec (YP19c) - Another great season on the right wing. Both scored and assisted quite a bit. Scored a U21 goal even.

First intake:

Mario Molnar (YP18a) - A decent season, but I have higher hopes for what he can accomplish.
Robert Gajgos (YP18b) - Only 3 subs for Guingamp in Ligue 1. Not a smart call of him to leave, at least at the moment.
Peter Novota (YP18c) - Mainly a sub, but does ok when he plays.

(somehow the formatting is different for the table below...it really annoys me since I haven't changed anything)

2020/21 Fortuna liga 1st Runner-up Group Stage Playoff Peter Janso (YP19e) – 18 Exellent Basic Adequate Below Average 3,149 1,514 League champions, EL Group stage
2021/22 Fortuna liga 1st Winner! Group Stage Playoff Peter Janso (YP19e) – 24 Exellent Basic Adequate Below Average 2,889 1,804

Domestic double, EL Group stage

15 minutes ago, Sn00gle said:

@XaW  Fixed. Wow great season again and your youth just looking amazing:) Keep going!! Unlucky my club is not going so well as yours:P Struggling

Thanks! I picked a club with a rather good youth setup, and Slovakia might have been one of the easier places, at least in regards to the league. Europe are still far away.

Dulwich Hamlet - Season 2036/37 - Championship

582de1dcd2b85_DulwichHamletBadge.png.ab4be1650b22e6ca1d689b30314b217e.png

League - Started the season well and were 4th after 10 games when we fell apart. Only 3 wins between September and middle of Jan before finding form again. As usual problem is scoring goals. We did have a bonkers game away to Brighton though. Graph

League Cup - first 2 round were when in form and 3rd round was just as we started to drop

FA CupPremier League Everton too good for us.

Transfers -No big ones this year, some deadwood moved on and youngsters getting game son loan

Squad - not much happening here, we're still punching above our weight

Financesstill counting the money from last season's big sale, am slowly getting facilities up to a decent standard which should help

Key Players

Gary Carneycurrent 1st choice LB

Kevin Graham (11B) - plays our box to box role and chips in with some key goals

Ertgrul Orhan (07A)Still doing the business for us, but I am starting to ease him out as he's league two player and at 29 isn't going to get better

Terry Goodlife (10A) - protects the back 4 well but I really need a young player to come through here, he's solid but need better

Kyle Urwin (18B)Breakthrough season for the young winger and ended the season in good form in front of goal 

Youth IntakeOur 1st since the upgrade in recruitment (only to average but an upgrade is an upgrade) and got 5 prospects

Ramer Gibson (20A) - LB and rated as potential to be one of the best of his generation. So I'm looking forward to seeing how I mess him up.

Colin Farley (20B) - striker that is needed as we've only produced a couple of decent ones 

Ventsislav Dimitrov (20C) - a CB to add to our collection

Luke Tweed (20D) - another LB, could be useful is I mess up Gibson and I can improve his personality 

Kerry John (20E) - potentially a solid GK

Career Overview

Season		League		Position	Achievements

2017/18		VNS		1st		Champions
2018/19		VNL		7th		
2019/20		VNL		14th 
2020/21		VNL		15th
2021/22		VNL		4th		Promotion via playoffs
2022/23		EFL2		22nd 
2023/24		EFL2		4th		Lost Playoff Semi Final	
2024/25		EFL2		22nd 	
2025/26		EFL2		19th 		
2026/27		EFL2		9th		
2027/28		EFL2		3rd 		Promotion!
2028/29		EFL1		3rd		Lost in Playoff Semi Final
2029/30		EFL1		13th		
2030/31		EFL1		8th		EFL trophy runner up
2031/32		EFL1		2nd		Promotion
2032/33		Champ		10th	
2033/34		Champ		16th 
2034/35		Champ		13th 
2035/36		Champ		11th 
2036/37		Champ		16th 

Polonia Warszawa 2019/2020

So where to start in this season hmm... our tradition is lost in first round in cup so we continiue it well as you can see. Since start we start strugling in bottom of the table but in the second half we manage to back in the middle of it so somehow we reach middle table goal  I would say miracle. In half season break I've got 2 offers for our youth Olesinski (YP18a) 250K and Leszczynski (YP19a) 90K SOMEHOW our chairman decide that the 90K is offert that must be accepted WTF??? But 250K oferr I can decide LUL better for me Olesinski is better so far but anyway im angry about losing Leszczysnki he didnt improve at all but had good potential and probably he would start play in next season. Meanwhile I got offers from 2 top league clubs to join as a manager ofc I rejected. Worth to mention Olesinski (YP18a) good improve for him caped for 13min in u19 but he start geting calls anyway and Radomski (YP18d) little bit  improve but he will join my first team. I wanted mention as well Zmuda (YP18b) becouse he got good start of the season but in the half injury for 6 months so that would be all about him:)

Youth intake

I would say good/poor intake we get players on position we need (almost) but they are not enough so far.

Jakub Nowotka (YP20a) - Good potential poor skills.

Erwin Kedziora (YP20b) - Mby some striker if he improve?

Krzysztof Wegrzyn (YP20c) - Hes like worst replacement for Leszczynski.

•  

2018/19		PFD		5th			
    2019/20		PFD		9th

Edited by Sn00gle