Advanced rules FM 2017 editor - ask the experts

KUBI

Got a small question and I'll really appreciate an answer guys :)

I've created a new league and set the day of the week the matches should be played.

But the problem is clubs still play their games on the 'home match day weekend' set in the editor. 

I can solve this problem by unticking these preferences for eacht club, but is it possible to untick this with just a few clicks? 

It's possible to select all the clubs (500+), but as far as I know it isn't possible to untick these boxes of  'home match day weekend/midweek'

So how do I set all these clubs to play their matches on the day I've set for the league?

• Replies 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really can't believe that the one thing I would need to ask for help about the FM17 editor is so pathetic and should be simple.

I cannot get the option to activate squad numbers for my custom nations competitions.  I have selected use squad numbers in the competition database, which didn't do anything.    Also under the advanced rules section, I have selected uses squad numbers in the competition panel of that league data, but again no squad numbers are appearing in the game.

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Anyone know how to make league structure like this (?)

Division Level 1

Year 0 Number of Team = 60 | Promotion = 3 (to Division Level 0) | Relegation = 40

Year 1 Number of Team = 24 | Promotion = 3 (to Division Level 0) | Relegation = 4

Division Level 2

Year 0 Number of Team = 60 | Promotion = 4 (to Division Level 1)

Year 1 Number of Team = 96 | Promotion = 4 (to Division Level 1)

Hi,

I would like to replicate the Italian "Eccellenza" promotion system:

Every season, 36 teams get promoted from Eccellenza to Serie D, they are:

-28 groups winners

-7 playoff winners

-the winner of Coppa Italia Dilettanti (Italian Amateurs National Cup)

If Coppa Italia Dilettanti winner has won its  group, the runner up gets promoted.

If runner up also has won its group, the winner of a match between semifinalists gets promoted.

If only one of the 4 semifinalists didn't win its championship, it gets promoted.

If all of the semifinalists won their championships, spot keeps vacant.

How to:

1) Implement the "repechage" system?

2) Avoid the Coppa Italia Dilettanti promotion spot owner to play playoffs if it qualifies?

[Update-This issue has been solved in a different post-check this:]

Hi,

I am currently making a new continent rule and am utterly confused about the ranking system. In Europe/nations I selected 54 countries and in Europe/teams I made a system that works with my competition. What I am confused is, would the number of teams that qualify in the competition for each country changes as the game proceeds in accordance to European country coefficients (as in real life where the number of teams for each association changes along time), because I found that the number each country has changes when I move its position in Europe/nations list? If not, how can I make it so?

(I just realized that FM uses league reputation to represent the coefficient. So assign slots to nations based on their league reputation is also acceptable..)

Thanks.

1.PNG

2.PNG

From time to time I try to fulfil a small dream of mine and push the german Bundesliga (and the 2. Bundesliga) to tweny teams.

I know I have to do a lot of work in the advanced rules and it's simply too much for me (CTDs, non-saveable-editor-files, etc.)
Not being a native english speaker makes it even harder :(

Could someone provide me with a smll step-by-step instruction?
Or is there already somebody who did this for himself? I'd gladly take the file.

Hi lads, 

Not sure if this is the right place to put this, apologies if it isn't! I recently downloaded the "Daniel's Real Name Fix" file from FM Scout and it's mostly great - but for some reason most English teams now have FC after their name. I tried editing them manually but it doesn't seem to work - does anyone know a way round this, or am I just stuck with it?

Cheers! 

(FM 15) Hello!

I have a question about the Financial Fair Play rules which you can edit or remove in the advanced editor.

As you who play the Premier League know there are some FFP-rules ingame. I have copied that system but made some modifications as to emulate another rule in another country. What I want to achieve is that if the team breakes the rules they are relegated 1 or 2 divisions.

The option is there in the editor but for some reason it doesnt have any effect. Point deduction, transfer embargo and fines are working perfectlly but the option to relegate the team doesnt seem to work. While ingame its mentioned as part of the rules, when they break the rules its mentioned in the teams "milestone" tab but nothing else really happends.

So to my questions:

Have I done something wrong? Do I need to make changes somewhere so more teams can be relegated from the league than just the ones that got relegated through the results? Do I need to open up places from the Second Division too feed the First?

I have been trying different solutions without any effect. So if you have any ideas of what it could be, please help me :)

Comment to the image: Yes I've set the fixture rules on the competition tab

20170214172928_1.thumb.jpg.df3c47ee2014436c6efcf9af9f9e6e39.jpg

Hello again,

Simple question. In my file, I have 3 playable divisions (Ekstraklasa, I Liga and II liga) and 2 unplayable without a league structure (III liga - 60 teams, and IV liga - 107 teams). How can I set promotion/relegation between III liga and IV liga? Because right know neither any of 107 clubs from IV liga gets promoted nor any of 60 clubs from III liga gets relegated. Any thoughts?

polish_league_structure.png

You would need to make those divisions playable and set the league structure. The game uses only clubs from the first unplayable division to promote random clubs (by reputation) to the lowest playable league.

I believe you are mistaken.

I'm looking right now at the save game on custom database (only Ekstraklasa and I liga playable), where certain club has been promoted from III liga (unplayable) to II liga (albo unplayable). I remember similar situation in FM16 between IV and III liga as well.

On 2/13/2017 at 11:29, Siobri said:

Hi lads, 

Not sure if this is the right place to put this, apologies if it isn't! I recently downloaded the "Daniel's Real Name Fix" file from FM Scout and it's mostly great - but for some reason most English teams now have FC after their name. I tried editing them manually but it doesn't seem to work - does anyone know a way round this, or am I just stuck with it?

Cheers! 

Anyone?

Hi,

I just created a new league and i want to make my league when 2 teams finish with the same points i don't the winner of the league to be the team that has the better goal difference like in the barclays premier league i want it to end in a game between the 2 teams that ended the league with the same points kind of like a final to decide the league. can you please tell me which i need to choose from the photo below.

fm.png

If 2 teams end up with the same points what can i do to make it so they can play another game kind of like a final but who ever wins the game ends up champion of the league kind of like a decider for the league. Do you make a championship playoff or there is something in the league sorting rules?

Hey guys,

Trying to create french lower leagues, the editor drives me crazy. I have this "0 team found" error for one of the subleagues, and no Idea why.

Could it be because it is the only one with 16 teams and all of the other ones have 14 ?

right... how to ask this... i've started a game in Brazil (nov 15) is there anyway to load the English league from this point aswell? i remember some sort of option in the advanced editor to load a competion when that country not selected as primary, but cant for the life of me remember where or how to do this.. im getting fed up of my Crewe team sitting on their back sides from Dec to August and want to get some competitve games running along side..

I new update (17.3.0) the Brazilian "Alagoas State Championship" has an BUG that prevents TESTING the rules of the league.

1.png

Is it possible to have league continental cup qualification and cup continental cup qualification seperate. For example I would like Swansea to play in the Welsh Cup with the possibility of Europa League through that competition (they'd be removed from the FA Cup - if that is doable) whilst still having Champions League qualification through the English Premier League?

On 05/02/2017 at 18:11, Sophomore said:

Got a small question and I'll really appreciate an answer guys :)

I've created a new league and set the day of the week the matches should be played.

But the problem is clubs still play their games on the 'home match day weekend' set in the editor. 

I can solve this problem by unticking these preferences for eacht club, but is it possible to untick this with just a few clicks? 

It's possible to select all the clubs (500+), but as far as I know it isn't possible to untick these boxes of  'home match day weekend/midweek'

So how do I set all these clubs to play their matches on the day I've set for the league?

Hi,

Using advanced rules, under your competition there is a field named flags. One selection is "Do not use teams home match day" or something like that. If needed I will put some screenshots when I'm home

Run into a small question tweaking my advanced rules DB, and if anyone knows an answer I'd really appreciate hearing it.

Is there a way to set a competition stage (say, a qualifying stage?) to not count its individual stats as part of the competition?

On 6-3-2017 at 13:26, Myhay said:

Hi,

Using advanced rules, under your competition there is a field named flags. One selection is "Do not use teams home match day" or something like that. If needed I will put some screenshots when I'm home

Thank you for the replay. Weird I see this option when I made the changes in the database. Solved the problem I had in the end by changing the 'home match day' for each team one by one (60+ teams).

7 hours ago, KUBI said:

In the league settings you can tick "store history".

I'm running cups but the only options I can find are "Automatically Add History" under the Competitions tab, and "Store Stats" / "Store stage with Name With History" under the General Stage Flags drop down. Is it one of those you're referring to?

EDIT: Found "Store League History" under Stage Finished Actions in the Competitions tab. I'm assuming that's the one you mean?

I've got a weird one. This happens both in basic rules and advanced rules. I've made a new league structure for the Republic of Ireland and it's so far working fine. In doing so, I created new competitions and made others extinct. Now here is my problem: when I go to choose the leagues when starting a new game, Northern Ireland is unplayable because the Munser First Division and Munster Second Division don't have enough teams, even though I've set these two competitions to extinct and they're both based in Ireland, not Northern Ireland. No other competition is causing issue, just these two. For what it's worth, when I started this file it was the default FM 17 database I used, and after the latest update I was using the official 17.3.0 update. Would this be the source of the issue? If so, why is it affecting NI and not Ireland? I also noticed after the update, a lot of leagues from claassen's megapack became unplayable. I've attached a screenshot of the error message

58c5a63d89e17_Screenshot(11).thumb.png.3c67142cc8fa3f3b0521f1a1719c671b.png

On 12/3/2017 at 20:49, adineen98 said:

I've got a weird one. This happens both in basic rules and advanced rules. I've made a new league structure for the Republic of Ireland and it's so far working fine. In doing so, I created new competitions and made others extinct. Now here is my problem: when I go to choose the leagues when starting a new game, Northern Ireland is unplayable because the Munser First Division and Munster Second Division don't have enough teams, even though I've set these two competitions to extinct and they're both based in Ireland, not Northern Ireland. No other competition is causing issue, just these two. For what it's worth, when I started this file it was the default FM 17 database I used, and after the latest update I was using the official 17.3.0 update. Would this be the source of the issue? If so, why is it affecting NI and not Ireland? I also noticed after the update, a lot of leagues from claassen's megapack became unplayable. I've attached a screenshot of the error message

The Claassen megapack was modified by the author to works with the latest update, and to correct some minor bug, so you must redownload it. Regarding the error, I think you may have a conflict with some other file. Try loading a new game with your file only in the editor data folder, in the manner you can verify it. Maybe you used for your structure an extinct or inactive competition and Claassen used the same competition for another league structure, (simply changing the name and the nation). The same ID causes conflicts

22 hours ago, nom245 said:

The Claassen megapack was modified by the author to works with the latest update, and to correct some minor bug, so you must redownload it. Regarding the error, I think you may have a conflict with some other file. Try loading a new game with your file only in the editor data folder, in the manner you can verify it. Maybe you used for your structure an extinct or inactive competition and Claassen used the same competition for another league structure, (simply changing the name and the nation). The same ID causes conflicts

Thanks for the help!

Two small questions:

1- At the moment, there is a rule that to be eligible for a nation, a naturalized player shoud be living for 5 years straight in the country he wants to play for. Can that be changed? And if so, how? (It's not the same as the number of years to gain a new nationality. The eligibility seems to be a general rule.)

2- Is it possible to assign predetermined numbers for national teams in friendlies and qualification games, like it is in real life? At the moment, in all games that aren't tournaments, numbers are automaticcaly assigned, from 1 to 11 for the starting players and from 12 to 23 for the subs. I don't like that and would like to change that. (This should be changed in FM 18, in my opinion.)

Thanks!

Is it possible to add marquee foreign player rule for domestic competition except australia? i want to re-create indonesian league, i want to modify foreign player rule with 2+1+1 foreign player rule (2 foreign player from non-AFC nation, 1 foreign player from AFC nation, and 1 foreign marquee player) how to add marquee player in advance editor? i can't find it in squad selection rule.

Thanks in advance.

Hey, can someone help me with this?

I downloaded a custom db with the old UEFA competitions format but i have a few problems with it.

1- In the second season i noticed Barcelona playing both European Champions Cup and UEFA Cup.

2- For example, I'm in Portugal with Benfica, I won the League, so naturally I'm on the ECC. But... Porto finished second and won the Portuguese Cup and went to UEFA Cup... what? The third place, Sporting Lisbon went to the UEFA Cup, so no problem here. However... If Porto went to the UEFA Cup, shouldn't the spot on the Cup Winners Cup go to the finalist? It was Vitória SC but the spot on the CWC went to the fourth place Paços de Ferreira.

It must be a mixup in rules of the competition qualification, but where should i look to fix it?

On 4/11/2016 at 11:07, wiregn said:

Hey

Im trying to change number of rounds in a league during a season from 2 to 1 . Spain and Italy worked like a charm but England makes my editor crash and Germany and France gives me this error: "FC Girondins de Bordeaux have played more than the max number of games in stage 0 of Ligue 1" In the german case its Dortmund instead of FC Girondins de Bordeaux.

Does anyone know how to solve this? I would be super happy if anyone could help me or give it a try! 

Maybe you should change the type of edited rules. Using combined with rules in code instead of overrides rules in code

Hi,

i'm currently remaking the European qualifying tournament and the European championship (qualifiers only 44 teams) (hosts im trying to get to qualify automatically) the other 44 are whats left (after I've removed the old Soviet nations.

how in the hell do i get the hosts of my European championship to not take part in qualifying?

I've set in the teams: (sorry not at pc with editor on so hope i get this right!)

Ignore team (ticked)
Get qualified team from Comp
European championship selected
Get host Nation (Ticked)

I've tried to use the get host nation team instead of Get Qualified team however i get an error stating no host nation found for European qualifiers,

Ive also set the 2020 hosts of the tournament (to be turkey) in the European championship section however it either puts turkey in my qualifying round and misses out Gibraltar every time (Kosovo and San Marino are both in groups)

or it states "no host found for competition: "European championships"

anyone got any ideas?

On 3/17/2017 at 15:08, Carlito85 said:

Is anyone familiar with creating awards for competitions? I've tried adding 3 but they don't show up in the game.

can you post a screenshot of one of the awards missing mate? i created custom leagues and have numerous awards myself or someone else might be able to help :)

4 hours ago, acidmonkey said:

can you post a screenshot of one of the awards missing mate? i created custom leagues and have numerous awards myself or someone else might be able to help :)

Thanks for the reply bud. Created 3 for the Europa League but they don't show up in the game. Pics attached.

FM17 - Missing Custom Competition Awards 1.png

FM17 - Missing Custom Competition Awards 2.jpg

On 3.11.2016 at 20:19, KUBI said:

Pre-Game Editor

One of the most requested features this year in the Pre-Game Editor was a change to how competition boundaries are set. As a result, it’s now possible to use local regions, so you can confine your competitions to regional groups or even limit them to particular cities.

I found this recently, took me a while to find it in the editor. I have couple of questions about this option.

I created polish 4th tier, which has four regional groups. I want them to be split like this:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/ed/III_liga_w_piłce_nożnej_grupy_2016.svg

All of those 16 local regions are already in FM database.

Since N, S, E, W boundaries in Database -> Competitions -> (competition) -> Details  are not too accurate, I abandoned them and decided to use new method.

So I went to Advanced rules -> Multiple Competitions (4) -> Child Competition Region Limits  and created 16 region boundaries, 4 per group. But it didn't work.

Then I created 64 city boundaries, 16 per group, 4 per region. But it didn't work.

I also checked in Competition option "Keep Teams in Same Regions?". But it didn't work.

I have no idea how those region limits works. Because they don't.

Do you have any idea, how to use them, even to a certain degree?

This is my current setup:

region_limits.png

7 minutes ago, acidmonkey said:

assuming if you go into the competition and view the awards drop down they arent there? ill post a screenshot of mine when im home from work 

The awards drop down doesn't appear in the Europa League.

44 minutes ago, Ceyvol said:

I found this recently, took me a while to find it in the editor. I have couple of questions about this option.

I created polish 4th tier, which has four regional groups. I want them to be split like this:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/ed/III_liga_w_piłce_nożnej_grupy_2016.svg

All of those 16 local regions are already in FM database.

Since N, S, E, W boundaries in Database -> Competitions -> (competition) -> Details  are not too accurate, I abandoned them and decided to use new method.

So I went to Advanced rules -> Multiple Competitions (4) -> Child Competition Region Limits  and created 16 region boundaries, 4 per group. But it didn't work.

Then I created 64 city boundaries, 16 per group, 4 per region. But it didn't work.

I also checked in Competition option "Keep Teams in Same Regions?". But it didn't work.

I have no idea how those region limits works. Because they don't.

Do you have any idea, how to use them, even to a certain degree?

This is my current setup:

region_limits.png

the best way is to setup regional division for each team individually or bulk using copy / paste feature

I want to re-do the old European competitions.

How do I use advanced rules to have the game select a suitable stadium for the cup finals? I'd much prefer to see them being played at bigger stadia throughout Europe, but I can't seem to find where to set the parameters?

Do I need to make a list of the stadia I want the game to choose from somewhere?

Archived