Help me find a club to manage (English lower league)

Hey guys, I'm looking for a new club to manage. League two or below, preferably a club that has fallen from grace. It would be great if you could provide some background as I'm not that familiar with the history of English football.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Blackpool could be a good challenge, not too long ago they were promoted to the Premier League (2010) but found themselves free falling down the Leagues and are currently in League Two.

Not really any sides that have fallen from grace but there are some good challenges in the Conference, with clubs like Stockport & Tranmere who used to be around the Championship and League One. 

I challenge you to take on my local team FC Halifax.

Stadium - They have a nice stadium for a club at this level and has room for improvement as well!

League - They start in the Vanarama National League

Liquidation and The Past - Unfortunately the club previously known as Halifax Town was subject to liquidation and had to start from scratch down in the English Regional First Division. The club had been in a very slow downward spiral since the 1970's, having played in what is now know as League 1.

The Present - Now known as FC Halifax, the club has had a tremendous rise up the leagues back into the Vanarama National League. They now need you to take them above and beyond!

Based on "fall from grace", Portsmouth would be a good one also as a former premier league team who went into administration (basically taken over by the bank for lack of a better example) and was purchased by the supporters.  They are now in League Two but projected to get promoted.  

Their background is here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portsmouth_F.C.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived