[FM 2016] Uncle Sam's Custom USA-Canada pyramids

You likely don´t have a problem due to your team not being affected. Just check the Reserve/U18 squad of other teams and you´ll see that many are not in a league. There are a couple settings that differ from the US reserve setup in the current file (f.e. the division level of the participating teams set to -1)

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
...[/b]

USA and Canada now produced better players

The two countries should be set up to develop better players. The higher income will also allow clubs to maintain and improve their youth and training facilities.

What changes did you make to make this possible?

Alright, I've found the problem with the Canadian leagues. A lot of the clubs have the "No Reserve Matches" box ticked. I'll undo that.

I am thinking, however, about removing the Reserves league and just going with one youth division. I'm thinking U20 since both USA and Canada field youth teams at that level. If I do that I'll up the squad size to 30.

• 4 weeks later...
getting a too many teams error with this now when starting a new game, will look into it a bit morelater on and let you know if its just me

Just start with the original database instead of the winter update... ;)

TV money decreases gradually as you go down the divisions, with MLS set at $50 million evenly distributed amongst the clubs. Roster size is set at 25 with no foreign player limits, however each squad must have 8 homegrown players (3 years between 15 and 21 at any US club).

Has nayone playe this very long term, i'm trying to gauge money for a USA database myself, the top division is set at Eng Championship level but i'm not sure how to guess, Prize, TV, parachute money without making it more than the league rep should be?

Any advice SAM?

Is the TV money figure in the editor the total for the divison or per club?

Attendances were all improved, and for the top division clubs I set the Maximum attendance in proportion with the population size of the market the club is based in. For example, I think I set the Maximum attendance for the New York clubs to something like 100,000. In my tests the larger clubs were building stadiums that seated well over 70,000. I didn't want to do that for all clubs, for example Wilmington, North Carolina isn't going to fill a 70,000-seat soccer stadium no matter how popular the sport is.

I am going to start working today on a new version of this file that will work with the 16.3 update and make some subtle changes.

I've got all the clubs mostly set up, I now just have to set up the structure. I've made some changes to the format that I will announce. This is a VERY busy week at my work though so it's going to be slow.

nice too hear that. was rly happy with 16.2 version

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed that this league and mjk46's custom USA league was both affected by the 16.3 update.

By looking at the nature of errors we're getting (too many/too few teams), I'm guessing that this may have something to do with the recycling of unused teams from extinct leagues, since both of you were doing this to create new US teams. It's possible that the 16.3 update may have either removed or changed those teams in the database.

If this is the case, and the fundamental structure of your custom leagues is still intact, then maybe this league can be salvaged...

Thoughts?

A little more detail about some of the changes from the original file:

MLS and NASL have been reduced to 20 teams in each league, with 3 teams being relegated from MLS to NASL. The affiliate system is made to work a little more like it did in real life. Affiliations like Sporting Kansas City-Swope Park Rangers, Philadelphia Union-Bethlehem Steel, and Seattle Sounders-Sounders 2 allow those clubs to get some backup players the opportunity for meaningful game time. It's designed to work like Barcelona-Barcelona B. Some of those clubs even have U23 teams to help further develop youth after the U21s.

I removed the Reserves because most leagues around the world have done away with Reserves (England's Premier League, Spain's La Liga, etc). Like England's FA, I installed a U21 division. I wanted it to be U23 but for some reason the game will not generate a U23 division.

This is a great database, however I am having trouble with the Logos, quite alot of the teams have no logos even though I have downloaded the files for them, does anyone else have this problem?

Have a look through the other US threads, all the packs will prob fill in the gaps.

Have a look through the other US threads, all the packs will prob fill in the gaps.

wkd, would you be willing to metallic-ify a few other logos that I have found for some of the other higher division teams that were recently founded and therefore don't have any logos in any pack? Tri Cities FC and Evergreen FC are the two I have in mind at the moment. I have found a clean JPG of their logo, but I'm terrible at photoshop type programs.

wkd, would you be willing to metallic-ify a few other logos that I have found for some of the other higher division teams that were recently founded and therefore don't have any logos in any pack? Tri Cities FC and Evergreen FC are the two I have in mind at the moment. I have found a clean JPG of their logo, but I'm terrible at photoshop type programs.

Sure, wanna send me a link for a pack. ive got some to do tomo, so i'll add em to the list.

Archived