FM16 : Liverpool FC - Ran out of Klopp puns

cezar.sl

Ibe wants 125k a week wages after i won the league......got him down to 83k but think its still too high :/

Edit: Oh wow.....i just found out Palombo's hidden mental attributes....WOW. I am soo glad i got him as a backup and tutor! Model Citizen indeed....and his tutee Rossiter is now also a model citizen!

Palombo is an amazing squad player for any team. His tutoring attributes are unmatched and I'm going to buy him immediately, now you've reminded me.

I try to set a salary cap of £150,000/week for any of my players and if they want more, they can bugger off. I've made exceptions in the past though.

edit: Sampdoria won't budge for him at all. Shame.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The game is crazy.

I just won the Premiership in 31 games, 7 in hand.

Youth Intake time!!

I scout ALL OF THEM!

Try to sign the best, they reject me for no reason and sign with lesser teams, sometimes even Championship teams.

Why would a young person do that?

Edit: Even better, they sign with X club, then I put in a small transfer bid, club accepts, then that player will sign for me!!

WHAT THE!!

Nope.

Only 2-3 players in my team we're on that sort of money when I got it all sorted.

Within 1 season, they all want another contract, some are even asking for 200k, it is ridiculous.

I don't cave into them.

I refuse to offer over the 150k a week as I think its too much.

funny that you end up selling some players over it and they end up on less money at the new club

I refuse to offer over the 150k a week as I think its too much.

funny that you end up selling some players over it and they end up on less money at the new club

That drives me nuts I tell ya.

I have seen players on half as much at times, but they won't sign with you for that much.

at the start of Feb in season 1. its a 3 horse race with Chelsea 52pts, LFC 51pts & Arsenal 50pts after 22 games each. 12 point gap back to city in 4th should mean that we are certs for CL football now.

Jan window was fairly good to me. Got Neves, Gimenez in and Rulli signed on a free.

out went Lucas 14m & Skrtel 7m with Chirivella & Ajar going on loan to get them some more games.

couldn't get any offers for Allen & Milner so both are happy to wait until the summer now.

Benteke & ings both offered out but only got very low bids in for them. Have taken both out of my European squads as they are not getting any games now for me. Will probably drop them down to the U21's

I have seen players on half as much at times, but they won't sign with you for that much.

have to laugh at it. player on €30k would take an improved deal for €60k which is realistic but in the game he wont budge from €100k+

So do you guys think I should buy Alli whilst I can? Being quoted £17.5 - £24.5 million for him in January.

I'm thinking of going for him in season 2. adds HG player to the squad and has quality as well. him and Ward-Prowse are top buys for HG squad players.

will promote Harry Wilson to the first team next season as well. stats are shooting up and will give good cover for the AMR/AML roles.

Zvikovic will make way for him, hasn't set the world alight and fans have been getting on his back for a couple of performances.

Maybe the player wants 1st team football and they offer him a higher squad position? Or maybe, if you both offer the same squad status, the player doesn't think he will actually play in the 1st team? Or, if the player just signed (or if he is with his original club), he has a high loyalty attribute and feels that it is too early after his most recent transfer (or he is loyal to his original club). Sometimes the game doesn't make sense, but sometimes there is a good reason that they don't want to sign...

Maybe the player wants 1st team football and they offer him a higher squad position? Or maybe, if you both offer the same squad status, the player doesn't think he will actually play in the 1st team? Or, if the player just signed (or if he is with his original club), he has a high loyalty attribute and feels that it is too early after his most recent transfer (or he is loyal to his original club). Sometimes the game doesn't make sense, but sometimes there is a good reason that they don't want to sign...

We were talking about how a player at YOUR OWN CLUB, asks for stupid wages, you reject and he leaves on a transfer then signs a contract for HALF the amount he wanted from you/me/whoever..

For example Ibe, who wanted $150k at Liverpool, but accepts $50k from another team when I reject his stupid wages. He was first team at Liverpool for me, and has played nearly every game, he had a status of first team in my squad, which is exactly what he got at new club.

I think my save has come to an end already. Got one of those crash dump thingamajiggies and I can't open the save up or anything.

May as well just restart it and play alongside my other save. Still so lame though.

We were talking about how a player at YOUR OWN CLUB, asks for stupid wages, you reject and he leaves on a transfer then signs a contract for HALF the amount he wanted from you/me/whoever..

For example Ibe, who wanted $150k at Liverpool, but accepts $50k from another team when I reject his stupid wages. He was first team at Liverpool for me, and has played nearly every game, he had a status of first team in my squad, which is exactly what he got at new club.

Sorry, I must have responded to the wrong post. I meant to respond to the guy that was complaining that youth players from other clubs don't want to sign with you.

The game is crazy.

I just won the Premiership in 31 games, 7 in hand.

Youth Intake time!!

I scout ALL OF THEM!

Try to sign the best, they reject me for no reason and sign with lesser teams, sometimes even Championship teams.

Why would a young person do that?

Edit: Even better, they sign with X club, then I put in a small transfer bid, club accepts, then that player will sign for me!!

WHAT THE!!

Young players want to be in a club that gives them the best chance of development. How many players do you have already?

Just finished my first season as Champions :)

Quite a exciting but frustrating season, scoring for fun but conceding goals way too much for my liking. This is how the league ended:

29fuzxh.png

npi3qx.png

2hi2sgn.png

As you can see, my away form is dreadful for champions. I'm struggling to find an effective tactic away from home, so that is aim number one for season 2.

This is my home tactic:

25qf4i8.png

Only TIs Close down more and get stuck in. Only PIs - GK - Roll it out

I used this for away games against lesser teams, to differing effect. It was a bit of a lottery tbh, trying to outscore teams (exciting but stressful!) One example where it went horribly wrong was losing 4-0 to Villa and 7(!)-2 away to Ajax in the second round of the Europa League.

Against better sides I would use this:

2la3qqo.png

Useful to nick a draw, not great in winning many matches. Arsenal tore me apart using this (although they only managed to win 1-0).

I'm now working on this for an away tactic, based on Cleon's possession thread:

15d48qt.png

This is my hope for away games next year. Much better with possession and seems less leaky, but still a little blunt going forward with poor chance creation and low shots on target %age, so work to be done still.

These are my transfer in and out (I've also sold Skrtel, Ilori and a few youths in the close season and listed Benteke, Ings and Mignolet):

dzwec1.png

And my budget for the coming season:

2u5atkk.png

Aim number two for the season is to build a squad capable of not being battered in the Champions League, as I struggled in the Europa. I'm eager to sign Aguero who is transfer listed by request, as City finished outside of CL places, but his asking price is £116m!! I've offered a deal rising to £90m after 48 months but they rejected, so I can't justify going higher.

I'm thinking I need a better GK, DL, DR, DC and DLF.

How would you guys go forward from here?

season 1 review

PL finished 3rd behind Chelsea (1st) & Arsenal (2nd), thought I had a shot of winning the league after 32 games as I was joint top but a loss to Chelsea saw my form die. we had been unbeaten for over 30 games in all comps and ended up losing another 3 in the PL to drop off the pace

FA cup - WINNERS only trophy for the season but a good one to start with. beat Spurs 2-1 in the final

League Cup - out in first round away to Arsenal

Europa League - lost in the Qtrs to Valencia. first leg cost us, 4-1 loss away and we wond 3-2 at home even with Flanno getting sent off.

really need to sort a tactic out, despite our long term good form we were struggling for goals. going to forget the possession tactics and just go ahead with an attacking tactic.

for season 2 I'm just up to the start of July

IN's

Rulli on a free, done in Jan

Delle Alli brought in for 30m, need another HG player and he has quality as well

Matteo Kovacic 37m, perfect attacking CM

Breel Embolo 15.75m - wanted a pacy striker and he can play AMR as well.

outs

Allen - while he ended up having a good season for me he had wanted to leave since early in the season, 20m to spurs

Milner - just not getting enough games early meant he started moaning, couldn't sell in Jan so out the door now for 7.5 to spurs as well

Benteke - was never a fit for me as a striker. never got a look in once Sturridge got fit. 30m to Monaco

Mignolet - had to accept a low 7.5m bid from Norwich to get rid

Ilori & Ojo 8m combined to clear out low squad players

trying to sell Markovic & Balotelli now for big money to allow me a couple of other buys as I need a Left back. grimaldo was only in on loan and won signing of the season but cannot get barca to accept a decent offer. gaya wanted 200k a week so need to identify someone else now

would also consider selling Firmino as he just hasn't done enough for me and doesn't play AMR/AML positions that well. Origi is wanted by a few clubs and would sell for silly money and upgrade with Vietto or Berardi

First season over.

Won the league by beating 2nd place Arsenal 4-2

Won the League cup beating Sheff Wed 4-0 in the final

Won the FA cup beating Watford 4-1 in the final

Won the Euro cup beating Wolfsburg 2-1 in the final.

Even though Sturridge missed 5 months he still scored 30 goals.

Coutinho missed the last 3 months with injury too.

Hendo was Liverpool player of the season, Coutinho was Liverpool young player and Corchia best signing.

I am now going to sell a lot of players, and release a lot of u21 youth.

Benteke, Mignolet, Balotelli, Bogdan are definately being sold. Milner im not sure about yet with him being HG.

What do people do with Markovic? hes got greats stats, is young and most important for his positions.....is very fast.

If i get a good bid for Luan or Firmino i think i will sell one or maybe both of them. I have the like of Embolo, Ibe, Coutinho, Zivkovic, Wilson, Kent and possibly Markovic for AMR/L positions, though most arent at their level yet.

Rossiter is going to play a lot more this season, so may sell Lucas or Bender. Keeping Palombo as backup too as i want him to become an u18 coach as his mentals and personality are fantasic and i think U18 coaches personality can rub off on youth recruits.

Villa have bid 7m for Ilori as part of his loan fee, kinda dissapoining as he could be a good squad player and i think i could get more for him.

After the selling, i will have Sturridge, Barbosa, Ings and Sinclair left upfront, im fine with that.

Already have Rulli and Romero coming in for free. Romero is mainly as backup/loan and then probably selling on for lots (hopefully) of profit. Also Kuyt is coming in for free to hopefully tutor some youth. And of course, i have some great youth coming in :)

slEBera.png

oa2UBd3.png

L5dQZvJ.png

8wD4b1k.png

Because he was winging i tried for 40mill then all the teams pulled out of the deal dont want unhappy players at the club

not too easy to get a big fee when the player is pushing to leave. we try to unsettle players to get the fee down, other clubs do the same in the game

I am in 2018, 9 games in, this is my squad..

Mignolet

Clyne

Rugani

Sule

Moreno

Henderson

Kovacic

Ibe

Coutinho

Vietto

Barbosa

Perin

Riedewald

Asensio

Embolo

Gomez

Tielemans

Bonazzoli

Sturridge

Maia

Gabriel Jesus

Ojo

Rossiter

Chambers

Sakho

Bazoer

Almamy Toure

Brandt

Franke

Dunn (Regen)

Odegaard and Goretzka join in Jan, got another $60 mil from board, was able to get both of them for that cash.

A very Large squad, with Ojo and Rossiter only there to fill HG player spots, I have about another 2 squads worth of 4-5 Star Regens, so the future is no issue, once severl of those become HG, I will start off loading the backup players I have.

How do Sule and Rugani develop? Looking at both at the end of the first season but seem very expensive. How much did you pay for them?

Great combination, develope into world class.

Sule is like Sakho just slightly better, and he is a beast in the air, and no yellow/red card issue. He has now replaced Sakho.

Rugani compliments Sule perfectly, it is a little/big man combo you want. But even Rugani is reasonably tall and good in the air.

Use those two with two fast Wing Backs playing as either WB or DL/DR, and you got it made.

Great combination, develope into world class.

Sule is like Sakho just slightly better, and he is a beast in the air, and no yellow/red card issue. He has now replaced Sakho.

Rugani compliments Sule perfectly, it is a little/big man combo you want. But even Rugani is reasonably tall and good in the air.

Use those two with two fast Wing Backs playing as either WB or DL/DR, and you got it made.

Cheers. How much they cost you?

I'm also looking at Bazoer as a decent rotation option for Sakho/De Vrij. Is he any good?

who would sell Moreno for 26 million non negotiable if so who would be a replacement ive signed Federico dimarco from inter my scouts rate him highly 4 1/2 star potential

I got a £35m bid for Moreno, so replaced him with Jorge and Andrew Robertson.

Finished season one finally. Nothing too spectacular, was very happy to win the league though.

Season%201%20Overview_zpsx6idjakv.png"]Season%201%20Overview_zpsx6idjakv.png[/url]

I was happy overall with the squad, but there are certainly some changes that need to be made. I was fortunate to avoid major injuries until January, but then they hit fast. I lost Ibe for 8 months, Sturridge for 6, Rugani for 3, and a couple others. Thankfully the depth saw me through to the title.

Season%201%20Squad_zpszocjqnhl.png"]Season%201%20Squad_zpszocjqnhl.png[/url]

Transfers were pretty good overall.

Season%201%20Transfers_zps6nq0vuiw.png"]Season%201%20Transfers_zps6nq0vuiw.png[/url]

What tactics are every one using? I'm having a hard time finding consistency, some games I destroy the opposition but then last night lost 6-0 to Arsenal!!

I'm playing with 1 up top as a F9, 2 inside forwards on attack, the 2 CM are BBM and AP, I DM as HB, 2CB and 2 WB attack.

I often find myself open on the flanks but that I know is because I have the WB attack, if I drop them to FB or even to support, I do find my defence less leaky, but almost lose all of my attacking punch.

I suppose this does happen in real life, but I was intrigued to see how everyone else sets up.

Moving into the summer after season one, I've got Rulli and Romero arriving on frees, and will focus on maybe getting another striker if I can get rid of Bentenke. What should I do with Lucas? I want Can to play the DM role as a DLP, and I also have Rossiter as a HG player and Romero arriving on a free, so I'm thinking I should sell him. Any ideas?

Archived