The Ultimate Football Manager Challenge - Silver Age Archive

Playing yesterday I just enjoyed being back on FM! I'm not too frustrated yet. Looking forward to spending some of City's money and hopefully going deep in the CL...

Good Luck On Your Last Trophy NW

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if you go to England it will be interesting to see if you can get a Championship job. You can get league 1 jobs at the start of the challenge, if you're patient, and watching the film Titanic makes you want to be a ship captain.

I really am interested to see what your first title will present in the way of job opportunties, so don't just take the first one you can get.

Well I went to England and despite my success at Cliftonville, I couldn't get a Championship job - Nottingham Forest, Q.P.R and Derby wouldn't even offer me an interview.

Didn't apply for any other jobs, but the Southend one became available (they are in League two) so I applied and got the job in November.

They were 9th in the league when I took over, only 3 points off a play off position.

Unfortunately a bad sequence of results saw us plummet to 18th position - now I know everyone bemoans bad luck, but late goals cost me at least four defeats.

We lost away at Burton and the Board decided they wanted an emergency meeting, which as a cocky 24 year old manager, I refused to attend.

They weren't happy!!

So, the season has just now finished, I've been unsuccessful in attempts at getting Melbourne City in Australia and Barnsley in League One in England.

A new close season, unemployed, beckons!!

I think my issue at Southend was trying to use my successful tactics at Cliftonville at my new club........you guys, what do you do when you go to a new club??

Do you,

A) Use the tactics from a previous club and make players play that way

B) Assess the player at the new club and adjust tactics to suit them??

Season	 Team 	 	Country		 Position	 Notes          
15/16	Cliftonville	N.Ireland	     2nd		Achieved Euro Cup Qualification
16/17	Cliftonville	N.Ireland	     4th		Won Cup, Euro Qualification
17/18	Cliftonville	N.Ireland	      1st		Manager of the Year,Won County Shield, Qualified for Champions League
18/19	Southend	England		Took over in November 9th in the league, sacked in March, 18th in League

Challenge Progress

Club
1/10 top domestic leagues (N. Ireland)
1/10 domestic cups (N. Ireland)
0/5 club continental championships ()
0/1 club world championship

International
0/5 continental tournaments ()
0/2 world tournaments ()

I try to use my normal tactics, and have a look at the players they have before deciding whether or not i want to manage there.

But there are times when you just need to adapt your tactics to fit the team. I'd say 10% of the time I change my formation. I don't really change the rest of my tactics though. at this stage of the challenge I think any team i manage should be more skillful than any of their competitiors, and so able to adapt.

It does take time to adapt, so if you take over a club midseason, you have to allow for that. i seem to remember taking over a club mideseason and we wn the league fairly quickly, but lost the first game 5-0 or something. On the other hand, sometimes it just clicks straight away.

When i took over Corinthians and had only one match before the copa libertadores, I didn't change one damn thing tactically, or indeed ever.

Happy new year everyone!!! I am finally back home after 4 weeks in Asia. Expect a few posts from me later this week when I have time to write. I am something like 4 seasons ahead of my updates now.

Congrats on everyones progress. Especially vike you must feel so close now (in terms of numbers of trophies), yet so far away (in terms of years in game). Just like I felt at the last part of my FM15 save. Do you still feel motivated to do all the international trophies?

NW come on now, just one more to go, surely you can do it with City? (Although I never won CL with them, only with Roma twice)

Season 2083/84 - Man City

2W653Ga.png

League | Schedule Part 1, Part 2 & Part 3

A summer of squad building delivered an improved Manchester City, and we duly hit over 100 goals on our way to my second Premier League title, but the Challenge significance of the season disappeared when we endured a nightmare away trip to my old club FC Porto in the First Knockout Round of the Champions League, undoing some good work in the group stage and extending things by at least another year.

Some very good signings are already lined up for the summer and the Instant Result button will be getting used on all manner of league games next year as I try to push on toward the conclusion of my epic adventure...

Challenge Progress

Club

10/10 top domestic leagues (ARG, DEU, ENG, ESP, FRA, IND, ITA, KOR, POR, USA)

11/10 domestic cups (AUS, BRA, DEU, ENG, ESP, FRA, IND, ITA, KOR, MEX, POR)

4/5 club continental championships (Africa, Asia, N.Am., S.Am.)

1/1 club world championship

International

5/5 continental tournaments (Africa, Asia, Europe, N.Am., S.Am.)

2/2 world tournaments (WC, Confed.)

Seasons

CLUB CAREER
                               Leagues        Cups
Season        Club           1st      2nd    1st  2nd   Cont.   CWC   Other & Notes
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014/15  RSA  Ajax CT        12th                                     Took over with 3 games remaining, in 15th
2015/16  RSA  Ajax CT                         R2   R1                 Sacked after 16 games, in 16th
2016/17  AUS  Wanderers       6th             QF
2017/18  AUS  Wanderers                       won                     Sacked after 22 games, in 10th
2018/19  IND  Dempo                           GS                      Sacked after 19 games, in 11th
2019/20  IND  Bengaluru       6th             SF   F
2020/21  IND  Bengaluru       2nd             won  F
2021/22  IND  Bengaluru       1st             GS   won  CC R2
2022/23  IND  Bengaluru       2nd             won  F    CL Q3E
2023/24  IND  Bengaluru                                 CC QF         Resigned after CC QF defeat/before league season
2024     KOR  Jeju            5th             SF
2025     KOR  Jeju            8th             SF
2026     KOR  Jeju            8th             QF
2027     KOR  Jeju                            QF                      Left for Pohang after 32 games, in 7th
2027     KOR  Pohang          5th             won                     Took over with 6 games remaining, in 5th
2028     KOR  Pohang                                    CL GS         Sacked after 16 games, in 5th
2028     KOR  Jeonbuk         5th             SF                      Took over with 20 games remaining, in 7th
2029     KOR  Jeonbuk                         R4                      Sacked after 35 games, in 7th
2030     KOR  Jeju                                                    Left for Wellington after 16 games, in 4th
2030/31  AUS  Wellington     10th
2031/32  AUS  Wellington     10th
2032/33  AUS  Wellington      7th
2033/34  AUS  Wellington                                              Left for Perth after 4 games, in 6th
2033/34  AUS  Perth           9th                                     Took over with 23 games remaining, in 10th
2034/35  AUS  Perth           7th
2035/36  AUS  Perth           5th/SF
2036/37  AUS  Perth                                                   Left for Seoul after 12 games, in 2nd
2037     KOR  Seoul           1st             SF        CL won  3rd
2038/39  MEX  Chivas          6th/SF  3rd/ F  QF  won
2039/40  MEX  Chivas         11th     2nd/QF            CL won
2041     USA  New York        1st/won         R4
2042     BRA  Internacional   5th     1st/won won                     Reached 1,000 games in management
2043     BRA  Internacional           1st/won SF        CL QF         Left for Lanus after 34 national games, in 7th
2044     ARG  Lanus           6th             R5        CS P2E
2045     ARG  Lanus                           R5                      Left for Velez after 15 games, in 11th
2045     ARG  Velez           4th/1st                   CS QF    F    Took over with 14 games remaining, in 1st
2046     ARG  Velez           5th/4th         R7        CL won   won
2047     ARG  Velez           1st             R7        CL QF
2049/50  FRA  Monaco          4th             F   R4    EL GS         Sacked after final game of season
2050/51  ITA  Inter           4th             F         EL R2
2051/52  ITA  Inter                                                   Sacked after 16 games, in 14th
2051/52  ITA  Lazio           8th                                     Took over with 21 games remaining, in 12th
2052/53  ITA  Lazio                                                   Sacked after 5 games, in 17th
2054/55  RSA  Wits           10th                 R1                  Took over with 12 games remaining, in 13th
2055/56  RSA  Wits                            R1  R1    CL won   5th  Left for Valencia after 29 games, in 8th
2056/57  ESP  Valencia        7th             R5        EL GS         Sacked after final game of season
2057/58  FRA  Monaco          3rd             SF  F     EL won
2058/59  FRA  Monaco          2nd             SF  R4    EL F
2059/60  FRA  Monaco          1st             won QF    CL R1
2060/61  ITA  Roma            3rd             R1        CL QF
2061/62  ITA  Roma            3rd             R1        CL GS
2062/63  ITA  Roma            3rd             F         EL F          Reached 2,000 games in management
2063/64  ITA  Roma                            QF        CL QF         Resigned after 33 games, in 8th
2064/65  ITA  Lazio          10th             R1
2065/65  ITA  Lazio           9th             QF
2066/67  ITA  Juventus        1st             won       CL R1
2067/68  ESP  Valencia        2nd             QF        EL GS
2068/69  ESP  Barcelona       1st             won       EL R1
2069/70  ENG  Man City        7th             R3        EL won        Took over with 23 games remaining, in 10th
2070/71  ENG  Man City        3rd             R4  R3    CL R1
2071/72  ENG  Man City        1st             won R4    EL SF
2072/73  POR  FCP             1st             won won   EL QF         Reached 2,500 games in management
2073/74  ENG  Fulham         11th             R4                      Took over with 18 games remaining, in 17th
2074/75  DEU  Hamburg         8th             F
2075/76  DEU  Hamburg         6th             R3
2076/77  DEU  Hamburg         4th             R3        EL GS
2077/78  DEU  Hamburg         7th             R3        EL F
2078/79  DEU  Hamburg         3rd             won
2079/80  DEU  Hamburg         2nd             QF        EL QF
2080/81  DEU  Hamburg         2nd             R2        CL SF
2081/82  DEU  Hamburg         1st             R2        CL QF
2082/83  ENG  Man City        2nd             R6  SF    EL F
2083/84  ENG  Man City        1st             R4  R4    CL R1         Reached 3,000 games in management

INTERNATIONAL CAREER

Rank         Cups
Year  Nation           FIFA  NL   World  Cont. Conf. Other & Notes
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2032  Saudi Arabia      12                           Joined 11th Jul, 29th in FIFA Rankings
2033  Saudi Arabia      25
2034  Saudi Arabia      49         GS
2035  Saudi Arabia                        won        Resigned 4th Feb, 38th in FIFA Rankings
2036  Norway            61   C                       Joined 27th Jul, 54th in FIFA Rankings
2037  Norway            57
2038  Norway            44   B
2039  Norway            39                           Resigned 14th Nov, 39th in FIFA Rankings
2042  Tunisia           36                           Joined 20th Jul, 42nd in FIFA Rankings
2043  Tunisia                             GS         Resigned 27th Jan, 37th in FIFA Rankings
2047  South Africa      22                           Joined 17th Feb, 10th in FIFA Rankings
2048  South Africa      19
2049  South Africa                        won        Resigned 7th Feb, 19th in FIFA Rankings
2049  USA               14                           Joined 1st Aug, 9th in FIFA Rankings
2050  USA               19         GS
2051  USA                                 won        Resigned 30th Jul, 31st in FIFA Rankings
2052  Spain              9                           Joined 21st Jul, 7th in FIFA Rankings
2053  Spain             10  won                      Reached 1,500 games in management
2054  Spain              1         won               Left for Brazil 2nd Aug, 1st in FIFA Rankings
2054  Brazil            14                           Joined 3rd Aug, 13th in FIFA Rankings
2055  Brazil            15                GS
2056  Brazil             2
2057  Brazil             6
2058  Brazil                       R1                Sacked 15th Jul, 6th in FIFA Rankings
2058  Spain              8   A                       Joined 21st Jul, 8th in FIFA Rankings
2059  Spain             18
2060  Spain              2                won
2061  Spain                 won                 won  Resigned 9th Jul, 2nd in FIFA Rankings
2062  Brazil             6                           Joined 23rd Jul, 6th in FIFA Rankings
2063  Brazil                              won        Resigned 7th Jul, 8th in FIFA Rankings

Edited by NormandyWept

3L1G Sorry to hear about your sacking. I'd now try and find a club in Africa or Asia if I were you. Still think there's no use in playing european lower league football in this challenge.

Normandy I have a feeling this will be yor season :) 90 is no longer old age in the 2080s. You'll get that title, take early retirement and go on to enjoy life for 40-50 more years.

I started this challenge on FM15 and got quite far, but I'm going to give it a whirl on FM16. Here's my manager Profile. My first role comes in September 2015 with Ghana U23s, I will have to wait until November to play my first game in the U23s African Cup.

My time with Ghana U23s was short lived, when it came to selection day I couldn't select any players that were currently in the National Team and there were several other players who I couldn't call up for reasons I couldn't work out. It would mean having greyed out keepers and some really weak areas, so I quit :(

Started this challegnge over the weekend, Started with the normal sunday league and no coaching qualifications. The leagues i have loaded are

England down to league 2

Scotland down to league 2

Australia

South Africa

Germany donw to the second division

Spain down to the second division

Applied for a few jobs got offered an interview with Cambridge but wasnt sucessfull, Took over my first club by the name of Stenhousemuir in the Scottish league one. They were dead bottom of the table when i took over after 15 games, about 7 points behind 9th.

There was no room is the budget to make any signings in January so i just used the squad i had and Finished in the playoff relegation match

Won the semis 5-2 agg, but in the final lost 4-3 when a 90th minute goal, i was devastated because i believed if we had a few more games in the league we would have finished out of the playoff

Onto to season 16/17 i resigned as manager of Stenhousemuir and Applied for a few positions vacan, i accpeted a job in the same with a team called Brechin, only a few loan players coming in and a young goal keeper.

What made the team quite a challenge was that they were 200,000 dollars in the red, so my pre season was made up aganist clubs from the Premier league of both scottland and england, so i could try raise a bit of funds, ended pre season at about -130000.

19 games into my season after being given the task of not gettinf relagated I sit joint top of the league with my team playing well

Sorry for the long post and no screenshots

M123 - Welcome to the challenge. Glad you've found your feet at Brechin. Would I be right in thinking that you're from a nation called America. I forget how weird Scottish team names must sound. Earlier this week I applied to ,but didn't accept, a job at an islandic team that was so long and unpronouncable I was going to refer to them as 'thingy' on this forum to save the hassle of having to copy and paste the name all the time. Do you know how to pronounce the name of your team; Bree-Kin. I just have this sound image of you cheering on a team that rhymes with Gretchen.

So, can anyone tell me how to pronouce the name Breiðablik, the aforementioned Islandic team. I won't be taking them on this save, (I was looking for a much surer bet) but in case i travel not the path not taken with FM16. I thought the Islandic league looked quite interesting.

smp- Wrlcome back. Sorry the U23 thing didnlt work out. It was an interesting way to start your ultimate career. I know some have gone into international (youth) management quite early, and i think its a good way to get better jobs (my China U23 post turned into being the senior manager, which led to the east Asian Cup, which led to losing face in some manner that I've thankfully forgotten.

Anyway, didn't realise it was possible to get a U23 job to start with. What nation(s) did you have loaded at that point? I suppose the problem was a convergence with U20 and senior fixtures. or maybe it's a bug.

NW- I suppose it must be some comfort to you that you're not getting too close. if you're anything like me, when you do actually reach the final you won't play FM for about 5 days so that your save is a schrodengers cat situation where the CL is simultaneously won and lost.

3L1g - Hope you've found a job worthy of your talents, and compatible with your tactics.

M123 - Welcome to the challenge. Glad you've found your feet at Brechin. Would I be right in thinking that you're from a nation called America. I forget how weird Scottish team names must sound. Earlier this week I applied to ,but didn't accept, a job at an islandic team that was so long and unpronouncable I was going to refer to them as 'thingy' on this forum to save the hassle of having to copy and paste the name all the time. Do you know how to pronounce the name of your team; Bree-Kin. I just have this sound image of you cheering on a team that rhymes with Gretchen.

So, can anyone tell me how to pronouce the name Breiðablik, the aforementioned Islandic team. I won't be taking them on this save, (I was looking for a much surer bet) but in case i travel not the path not taken with FM16. I thought the Islandic league looked quite interesting.

smp- Wrlcome back. Sorry the U23 thing didnlt work out. It was an interesting way to start your ultimate career. I know some have gone into international (youth) management quite early, and i think its a good way to get better jobs (my China U23 post turned into being the senior manager, which led to the east Asian Cup, which led to losing face in some manner that I've thankfully forgotten.

Anyway, didn't realise it was possible to get a U23 job to start with. What nation(s) did you have loaded at that point? I suppose the problem was a convergence with U20 and senior fixtures. or maybe it's a bug.

NW- I suppose it must be some comfort to you that you're not getting too close. if you're anything like me, when you do actually reach the final you won't play FM for about 5 days so that your save is a schrodengers cat situation where the CL is simultaneously won and lost.

3L1g - Hope you've found a job worthy of your talents, and compatible with your tactics.

I'm actually from Australia mate, yeah the names in Scotland aee defiantly strange I was pronouncing it all wrong hahah

Cheers vikeologist - I've decided to start again and I've loaded every top league on the game (51 leagues from 51 nations). Should mean that I start somewhere interesting.

Here's my Manager Profile

Tiago Afonso is the new challenger.

I've loaded South Africa (2 divisions), Argentina and Brazil (1st division only), South Korea and China (2 in each), Mexico (1st), Australia (1st), Portugal (2 divisions), England, France, Germany, Italy and Spain (1st only). As you can see by the league selection, my plan was go to Africa or Asia, gain some reputation and then off the Americas and finally Europe. Also I choosed Argentina's start date (Dec'15) to get a job quicker.

Few days after, I applied a job in South Africa's NFD at FC Cape Town. Eventually got the job and this was the league table. After 4 games (3 wins and a draw) we sit in 8th, 9 points behind 3rd, so maybe we have a small chance at a quick promotion.

PS: I made a small mistake in profile, choosing my real birth date so my manager didn't start with 20 yo. Hope that's ok.

AremaMalang.png

Arema Approach Page ~ Club Info ~ Facilities

So my first job is in Indonesia, where I will be taking the reigns at Arema. They are a well supported club and have good facilities for this league, including a 40k seater stadium. We are predicted 4th, so I hope we can really challenge for the title. I will need to bring some players in for that. We are only using 15k of a 40k wage budget and we've got 75k to spend on players, so I'm optimistic.

Good to see more people taking on the challenge, will be interesting to see the different directions people will go in. I've been spending a while in pre-season trying to formulate a plan to keep Suwon FC in the K-League Classic, between tactics and signings it's been a slow process. Have also been appointed China U-23 manager which will be interesting. I realised aswell I don't think i mentioned my time as Scotland U19s manager. It was fairly brief but i managed to get the lads to the U19 Euros where we were unfortunately outclassed and I resigned not long after.

Season 2015/16

FC-cape-town.png

FC Cape Town - National First Division

League Table | Schedule | Transfers | Squad | Squad 2

We started very well, with the new players really improving the squad and playing some nice football. However, some draws against smaller teams cost us and towards the end of the season both the players and I almost gave up, given we're fighting for nothing.

I think we have a pretty decent squad and with a couple of players, we can challenge for promotion and even the title.

[b]CLUB CAREER

Season     Club             Pos   DC1   DC2    Cont    Notes & Achievements[/b]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16   Cape Town         5th    QF    n/a    n/a    Took over in 12th with 17 games remaining

[b]INTERNATIONAL CAREER

Year   Nation        NL     WC     Cont.  Conf.  Notes & Achievements[/b]
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Challenge Progress

Club
0/10 top domestic leagues 
0/10 domestic cups 
0/5  club continental championships
0/1  club world championship

International
0/5  continental tournaments 
0/2  world tournaments

Didn't last long as China U23's manager. The African Cup of Nations just ended and there were loads of vacant posts, i applied for them all and have ended up as Tunisian boss. They've quite a good side and I look forward to seeing what I can do with this side in the African Championship of Nations, if i get there.

Good to see more people taking on the challenge, will be interesting to see the different directions people will go in. I've been spending a while in pre-season trying to formulate a plan to keep Suwon FC in the K-League Classic, between tactics and signings it's been a slow process. Have also been appointed China U-23 manager which will be interesting. I realised aswell I don't think i mentioned my time as Scotland U19s manager. It was fairly brief but i managed to get the lads to the U19 Euros where we were unfortunately outclassed and I resigned not long after.

i agree it's interesting to see where people start and move on to. I've had a good read through the thread while my games processing and I've seen one other person manage Arema, but they haven't posted since. I'm at about the half way point, made some good signings and top of the league so far.

i agree it's interesting to see where people start and move on to. I've had a good read through the thread while my games processing and I've seen one other person manage Arema, but they haven't posted since. I'm at about the half way point, made some good signings and top of the league so far.

Never managed in Indonesia myself, best of luck with the league, it would be a great start to your career if you can win it.

I've found an old friend......

Way back in FM15 (before personal issues got in the way) I was managing Ajax in South Africa and felt I was beginning to get somewhere.

I'm now playing FM16, won the league and cup in Northern Ireland, yet I was surprised to be able to get this job after being sacked by Southend, because in South Africa, Ajax are one of the better teams - Kaiser Chiefs are top dogs, eh Vike??!! (or Wits Normandy Wept!!

Before accepting the Ajax CT job, Tranmere offered me an interview but I declined and I applied for a couple of jobs in England, and Germany but wasn't even granted an interview.....I was "laughed off" as the game states.

So, back to South Africa which in the original thread was the starting point for a few of us and now in this thread, I notice one or two are starting here too.

As JoeLapira states, its always interesting following the paths of peoples careers and all of our starting points as we all try to emulate the achievements of TheEarl

I even read a quote the other day where Alex Ferguson admitted he was envious of all TheEarl achieved in the footballing world.

Good luck everyone!!

Vikeologist's 2051 Africa and Bangor City Various Competitions Report

th?&id=OIP.M241cf9d9abdac76a72df2729fd59d635o0&w=297&h=132&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0

th?&id=OIP.Mbdfe09fa01491d46c1d00dd592f8ba45o0&w=207&h=264&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0

Egypt ACON 2053 – I won my first 12 competitive games with Egypt. Not many of them actually were competitive. They were World Cup and ACON qualifiers which we won very easily. Unlucky 13 was the ACON semi-final against Senegal where without several injured key players we were thrashed and I was sacked. Very disappointing, as I thought e stood a good chance. Unfortunately, it seems that we were the second best nation in Africa.

Ivory Coast World Cup 2054 – Ivory Coast were the best available team after the ACON. We qualified for the World Cup relatively comfortably, which is a good thing. After all, only 5 teams qualify from Africa, so one could convince oneself that they’re one of the 5 best teams. At no point did Ivory Coast seem as good as Egypt had been. In any case, the whole point of the World Cup campaign was not to get sacked. We had a difficult group. Argentina, maybe the world best at the moment, beat us easily. In our second match we walloped Jamaica, always something I enjoy doing because of a close Gold Cup quarter final a few seasons back. This meant that we just needed a draw in our final match against Belgium. We scored the first goal early doors, and I pulled everyone back into defense. Belgium soon equalized though, so I reverted to my normal tactics and in the end Belgium won fairly comfortably. This is probably enough for me to keep my job though. My squad is fairly young. Unfortunately, so is Senegal’s. The World Cup is still going on, so maybe a better job will come up afterwards, but expect I’m going to stay with Ivory Coast. I guess we stand an outside chance in next year’s ACON.

Bangor City – 2053/54. For my last domestic title and cup I was waiting for long hanging fruit. Bangor City fitted the criteria. By far the richest team in wales, and 2 domestic cups to give me twice the chances.

The league was no problem. We won with 7 matches to spare. Most of my league titles have been by a big margin, but I think this was a record. It wasn’t that we were great. Everyone else is mediocre. It’s not their fault. We have a lot more money, and if they had any good players I would just buy them. They don't though. 8 of my first team is Scottish, which is nice for me as I do come from a country called Scotland, (sorry, M123).

The cups were another matter though. We went out in the first round we played in both cups to lower division sides. So, I have to stay another season to try to get my last club trophy. I don’t mind so much as I prefer club to international management, and it’s not like I need to do much to the side. I have been buying players and bringing some in on loan, and occasionally I tell myself that I really don’t need to bother, certainly as far as the league is concerned. You just never know whether one of them might make the difference in a cup though. This really should just take one season. Hopefully half a season so I can win the first cup in January in the middle of the next ACON.

Just 4 cups left. 4 teensy weensy little cuppy wuppies.

Season    Team            Position    Notes                                        Challenge Landmarks
14/15    Swallows(South Africa)    14th        Took over after 14 (of 30)games in 16th bottom position. Dodged relegation.
15/16    Swallows        12th        South African FA Cup winner. Continental qualification.                1 domestic cup
16/17    Swallows        3rd        Champions League qualification
17/18    Swallows        3rd    
18/19     Swallows & Kaizer Chiefs2nd        Quit Swallows mid-season. Took over Kaiser Chiefs with 9 games of the season left
19/20    Kaizer Chiefs/ChU23    2nd        Won 2 domestic cups.
20/21    Kaizer Chiefs / China    2nd        Lost in Champions League Final on away goals
21/22    Kaizer Chiefs/China    1st        Lost in Champions league semi-final. Won 36 straight matches and East Asia Cup    1 domestic league
22/23    Kaizer Chiefs/ China    n/a        Won African Champions League. Humiliated nation of China.            African Champions League
2023    Seoul            1st        Won South Korean League                                2nd domestic league
2024    Seoul / Brazil U23    3rd        Won FA Cup                                    2nd domestic cup
2025    Cruz Azul        9th        Won FA Cup (Opening Stage). Then I was sacked.                    3rd domestic cup
2026    Chivas            2nd        Manager for one match. Lost title in extra time of 2nd leg of league final.
26/27    Chivas /Ivory Coast    6th/1st        Won NACL. Lost Closing stage final of Mexican 1st Div (again)            NACL
27    Chivas / Ivory Coast    5th        Lost in Opening Stage semi-final and resigned after CWC Q/F
28    Dalian / Ivory Coast    11th        Lost in FA Cup Final / Lost in 2029 ACON Q/F
29    Guangzhou / Egypt    1st        League / Cup double. Qualified for World Cup                    4th cup, 3rd league
30    Guangzhou/Egypt/USA    1st        League / Champions League double                        Asian Champions League
31/2    Hertha Berlin        6th        German Cup losing finalists. Qualified for UEFA Cup
32/33    Hertha Berlin/S Korea    6th        UEFA Cup losing finalists. 
33/34    HB/ SK/ Dortmund    6th        Moved team after 12 games. Won East Asia Cup again, this time with Korea.
34/35    Dortmund / SK / Egypt    1st        League and cup double. Quit South Korea after AC Q/F ignomy            5th cup, Bundesliga
35/36    Dortmund / Colombia    2nd        German cup winners.
36/37    Barcelona / Colombia    2nd        CL Q/F.     Confederations Cup Finalists                     CWC
37/38    Barcelona / Holland    1st        League, Cup, Champions league treble. World Cup with Holland.            Euro Champions League, 6th cup, Spanish league. World Cup.
38/39    AC Milan / Holland    1st        League and Italian Cup winners.                         7th cup, Serie A
39/40    Holland            n/a        Won European Championship                            European Championship
40/41    Sochaux    / South Africa    7th        Took over Newcastle at end of season.
41/42    Newcastle/South Africa    5th        FA Cup Semi-Finals. World Cup disaster.
42/43    Newcastle / Brazil    6th        CO Cup Q/F, Euro Cup 2nd K/O Round
43/44    Newcastle / Brazil    7th        FA Cup Finalists
44/45    Newcastle / Brazil    4th        Euro Cup winners
45/46    Newcastle / Brazil    2nd        League runners-up. FA Cup winners.                        8th cup
46/47    Newcastle / Mexico    4th                                                Gold Cup
47/48    Newcastle / Mexico    1st        League, Cup and Champions League treble                        English league
2048    Monterray / Mexico    1st        Won the league, and about flaming time.                        8th domestic league
48/49    OL / Mexico        14th        Took over OL for last 9 games.Third Confederations Cup Final.Third time lucky.    Confederations Cup
49/50    OL            3rd        Lost Coupe de la Ligue final on penalties
50/51    Monaco/Egypt        1st                                                French league & 9th cup
2051    Corinthians / Egypt    3rd                                                Copa Libertadores
52/53    Bangor/Egypt/Iv Coast    1st        Lost in ACON semi-final (Egypt) and WC Group Stage (IC)                10th domestic league

Challenge Progress

Club
10/10 top domestic leagues (South Africa, S Korea, China, Germany, Spain, Italy, England, Mexico, France, Wales)
9/10 domestic cups (South Africa, S Korea, Mexico, China, Germany, Spain, Italy, England, France)
5/5 club continental championships (Africa, North America, Asia, Europe, South America)

International
2/5 continental tournaments (European Championship, Gold Cup)
2/2 world tournaments (World Cup, Conferations Cup)

Egypt ACON 2053 – I won my first 12 competitive games with Egypt. Not many of them actually were competitive. They were World Cup and ACON qualifiers which we won very easily. Unlucky 13 was the ACON semi-final against Senegal where without several injured key players we were thrashed and I was sacked. Very disappointing, as I thought e stood a good chance. Unfortunately, it seems that we were the second best nation in Africa.

Ivory Coast World Cup 2054 – Ivory Coast were the best available team after the ACON. We qualified for the World Cup relatively comfortably, which is a good thing. After all, only 5 teams qualify from Africa, so one could convince oneself that they’re one of the 5 best teams. At no point did Ivory Coast seem as good as Egypt had been. In any case, the whole point of the World Cup campaign was not to get sacked. We had a difficult group. Argentina, maybe the world best at the moment, beat us easily. In our second match we walloped Jamaica, always something I enjoy doing because of a close Gold Cup quarter final a few seasons back. This meant that we just needed a draw in our final match against Belgium. We scored the first goal early doors, and I pulled everyone back into defense. Belgium soon equalized though, so I reverted to my normal tactics and in the end Belgium won fairly comfortably. This is probably enough for me to keep my job though. My squad is fairly young. Unfortunately, so is Senegal’s. The World Cup is still going on, so maybe a better job will come up afterwards, but expect I’m going to stay with Ivory Coast. I guess we stand an outside chance in next year’s ACON.

I have to say - and it will be interesting if others agree or not - but while this challenge is fantastic and, literally the ultimate challenge ever created.......

.....do people "struggle" to get into the international side of it all??

I'm never saying this challenge should ever be changed, I'm just curious for other peoples thoughts.....

A) Is the International side of things a hindrance??

B) Do people embrace the difficulty of International management??

(I'm "A" for what it's worth!!!!)

I have to say - and it will be interesting if others agree or not - but while this challenge is fantastic and, literally the ultimate challenge ever created.......

.....do people "struggle" to get into the international side of it all??

I'm never saying this challenge should ever be changed, I'm just curious for other peoples thoughts.....

I dont feel its a hindrance, but what makes this challenge so special. However like many others I tend to complete the club side faster than the international side. Which for me makes it possible to make the club side even more difficult. But its all up to have you play it. I can't remember from the old thread, but there was a few contestants who finished or progressed the international side faster than the club side. And of course we have NW who still are waiting for that CL trophy to finish it all...

Season 16/17 review Brechin

Season finished at 3rd after a tough end to the season, played in the playoffs and with much delight I gained promotion.

At the start of the new season of was always going to be tough, the funds at this club are terrible and I'm only able to sign free players and loans, which isn't the worst! Basically half my squad didn't get a new contract and I think I have replaced them all quite nicely

Question for everyone, what do they do for pre season ?

With me I play a lot of big clubs in a thing called league, and this season alone has made me 500k, curious if anyone has done this ? Although it doesn't lift the morale as a team, it has defiantly made my finances much better !

I forgot to post an update about my World Cup 2030 with Brazil by the way. I thought we had an outside chance of winning it, but I actually just wanted to reach the goal set by the board, "reach semi finals", so I wouldn't be sacked and could go on to win the Copa America in 2031. We were out in the quarter finals though. We met France and took them to extra time. There they went up 3-2 but we equalised soon afterwards. I was already preparing the penalty shootout when France scored the winner after 121 minutes with a long shot.

OK, so I missed our goal because of a last minute shot against one of the best teams in the world. Don't forget I won the Confederations Cup and Superclasico the year before. Still I was sacked on the day the World Cup ended. I wanted to take over Argentina afterwards to take revenge, but they went with some Argentinian manager with national reputation again. I'm now managing Mexico.

Long story short I think international management is a nasty business and I'm really struggling with it. Still I wouldn't want the challenge to be any different and I think the club side alone would be a bit too easy. Also I don't think you can call yourself the ULTIMATE FOOTBALL MANAGER if you haven't won at least a World Cup.

I enjoy International football, its a whole different challenge to club football. The only thing that would concern me in terms of this Challenge would be having to wait 4 years for the likes of the World Cup or the Euros. In club football if you get knocked out of a competiton or dont win the league then you can come back next year, at International level 4 years can be a long wait to have a second crack at it. But thats what makes this such a good challenge.

In terms of my own save, its been a poor start to life in the K-League Classic. 1 draw and 3 defeats from our opening 4 games with only 2 goals scored and 7 conceded. Its gonna be some struggle to keep this club up, but sure we'll give it a good go anyway.

Pug's Update 2019/20

9011D1q.png

Another Successful Season With Newcastle, Won Premier League-Cap1Cup And Champions League. In Group Stage I Was Drawn Against Dortmund/Red Bull Salzburg And

Olympiacos. We Won All Our Games Really Easy, In The First Knockout Round We Beat Juventus 6-2 On Aggregate. Next In The Quarter's We Beat Bayern 7-4 On Aggregate

Up Next Was Dynamo Kyiv 7-1 On Aggregate. Then In The Final We Beat Barcelona 4-1.

KV9jqfU.png

Also Forgot To Say In Last Post Took Over Algeria International Team

6FL3FYM.png?1

CLUB CAREER                      
                                                                      -----------
Season     Club                Leagues        Cups                                     Other & Notes
                              1st  2nd       1st  2nd    Cont   CWC 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16    Cambridge Utd                                                               Promoted To Div 1.Won JPT                     
2016/17    Cambridge Utd                           Won                                 Promoted To Championship.
2017/18    Cambridge Utd                      Won                                      Promoted To Premier League,Won FA Cup
2018/19    Newcastle Utd       Won                                                     Won The Premier League
2019/20    Newcastle Utd       Won                 Won     Won                         Premier league/C1C/Champions League
2020/21    Newcastle Utd

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                                                  INTERNATIONAL CAREER
                                                                  --------------------

Season    Nation         Cups                                                                         Other & Notes
                        World Cup    Confed Cup    Euro's    AFC    ACON    Gold Cup   Copa America
2015/16   Iran U23                                                                                    Won AFC U23 Championship
2016/17   France U21                                                                                  Won U21 Championship
2018/19   England U21
2019/20   Algeria

Challenge Progress

Club

1/10 Top Domestic Leagues (England)
1/10 Domestic Cup (England)
1/5  Continentals Cups (European)
0/1  Club World Cup

International

0/5 Continental Tournaments
0/2 World Tournaments

We weren't close in terms of the number of games we needed to win, but the FC Porto team that knocked out us out went on to thrash Bayern in the Quarter Final en route to registering a surprise Champions League win, so we went out to the eventual winners and some might say that's close. (Clutching at straws perhaps! Let's see how I can do this time...)

I don't think you could have an "Ultimate" challenge without the World Cup especially, and it makes sense that with the challenge including the club-level Pentagon, it includes the international-level one too.

Another Successful Season With Newcastle, Won Premier League-Cap1Cup And Champions League.

I love how nonchalantly you say this. Absolutely spectacular, especially some of your Champions League scorelines! Fantastic achievement.

3L1G Sorry to hear about your sacking. I'd now try and find a club in Africa or Asia if I were you. Still think there's no use in playing european lower league football in this challenge.

Normandy I have a feeling this will be yor season :) 90 is no longer old age in the 2080s. You'll get that title, take early retirement and go on to enjoy life for 40-50 more years.

Cookie: I'd agree with you in most cases, except for when you START in the lower leagues. I built my reputation in 2015 at Stevenage and was ready to move on to huge clubs when I picked up FM16.

I'd only go lower leagues anywhere as an initial start, though. I'm working on setting up my new challenge save today, and I am loading England down to League Two, and nothing else below top divisions.

I had a lot of fun last year with this challenge, so after finishing my youth challenge in back.

I start my challenge in South Africa. Meet the new manager of Vasco Cape town. This is my profile.

Welcome back, Bartrcm! I definitely remember you from last season! Welcome back, and best of luck in this year's version! :D

Ryan Gordon Season Update

Relegation for the Arrows made it hard to keep the players happy. 5-6 of them wanted to leave - I was firm with them and didn't allow them to go. Locker room wasn't happy. Started off strong with 3 wins in a row but things went downhill in a hurry. Now looking for a team for the 17/18 season. Best of luck to you all.

Season    Team                           Position       Notes                                                                        Challenge Landmarks
16/17    Golden Arrows (South Africa)    12th             Promotion candidates, left after 8 games with 4 losses                        None

Challenge Progress

Club
0/10 top domestic leagues
0/10 domestic cups
0/5 club continental championships
0/1 club world championship

International
0/5 continental tournaments
0/2 world tournaments

Welcome to the challenge, fiz!

You took on a pretty tough challenge for your first job. If you are patient, you can definitely get a job in the ABSA Premiership in South Africa. I doubt that season really affected your reputation much, though -- so try to get yourself into a stronger situation for your next job. I know in last year's game, both Vikeologist and I both had saves start in South Africa with Swallows and others definitely started with clubs in the top division there. You can afford to be a bit picky with your first job -- and it may just save you years in the long run trying to complete the challenge! :D

Best of luck to you!

You had just commented when I posted that -- but Southend is a MUCH better job, definitely much closer to what I had in mind. My successful save (I got off to a late start so I wasn't close to completion) was with Stevenage starting in League Two and I had them in the Premier League and into Europe by 2021! You can do it! :D

Good luck with Southend United!

Alrighty, everyone, my short break from the challenge is over. I upgraded to Windows 10 on my machine and did a clean install... so while I'm also going to have a San Marino project, I'm coming to my home challenge. :D

Here's my starting screenshots for the year:

First, here's my loaded nations to start:

initialnations2.png

And my manager profiles:

Created Character

Attribute Distribution

Starting Profile One

Starting Profile Two

Starting Profile Three

On the job hunt now, I'll be back with my first club knowledge soon.

As always, I'll be cross-posting to my blog at American Werewolf Football if you'd like to visit, but always cross-posting here as Vikeologist is unable to access WordPress in his home country. <3 ya Vike! :D

As always, I'll be cross-posting to my blog at American Werewolf Football if you'd like to visit, but always cross-posting here as Vikeologist is unable to access WordPress in his home country. <3 ya Vike! :D

Always Enjoyed Reading You're Updates Good Luck

Thanks, I have always kept up on your progress as well! :D I'm on the job hunt now!

I'm most likely going to England as expected, but we'll see. Hasn't really been many openings yet, but its still early. Not openings at anyplace conceivable that is... but I'll know soon. I wanted to get my blog prettied up a bit first. :)

I've just been thinking about how many languages my alter ego in the game would speak by now. I'm playing in FM Classic and it seems like it isn't possible to find out, but I guess by now it must be English, Chinese, Korean, possibly Afrikaans or something else, French, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian and at least basic knowledge in Dutch. Crazy.

How many languages do your managers speak? I would be interested in seeing a screenshot from someone who plays the full version and is some years into the challenge, for example vikeologist :)

I've just been thinking about how many languages my alter ego in the game would speak by now. I'm playing in FM Classic and it seems like it isn't possible to find out, but I guess by now it must be English, Chinese, Korean, possibly Afrikaans or something else, French, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian and at least basic knowledge in Dutch. Crazy.

How many languages do your managers speak? I would be interested in seeing a screenshot from someone who plays the full version and is some years into the challenge, for example vikeologist :)

Vike is on 15, I believe.

I like to think my alter ego is more like the late great Sir Bobby Robson, and is fluent only in English. Some of these young up-and-coming managers in the game world must have started off as my interpreters :)

On December 11th, 2015 we received an email from Bristol Rovers FC, and our career and this challenge is now off and racing!

youarehired.png

As you can see, we are bottom of the table when we take over, but they did win their last game under the previous manager, Darrell Clarke.

Our only mandate for the season is to avoid relegation, and as we are in League Two, only two teams get relegated. We have only 13 points after 20 fixtures, but we are only seven points from safety with 26 matches to go.

I need to have a look at the backroom and playing staffs before doing anything, and see what I can come up with tactically… but I think I will break that into a few parts here before we get rolling on a normal update pattern. Taking over a club mid-season is one of the hardest things to do in Football Manager, in my opinion, so I’ll try to focus in a little bit on my process.

I am sure there will be some sorts of changes, as 13 points from 20 matches is absolutely unacceptable. We must stop the rot and begin to acquire points.

I will keep you posted after I’ve had a look at my surroundings, and thank you as always for following American Werewolf Football! GO ROVERS! :D

Can't be bothered to load up a screenshot; sorry.

My manager speaks 7 languages according to the information screen; English, Korean, Spanish, Chinese, German, French and Italian. I checked the ingame editor, and he does speak a bit of Portuguese, but I only managed in brazil for about 6 months don't forget.

I don't think in FM15 you pick up languages from managing the country. pretty sure I've never spoken a word of Dutch. i also never spoke any Afrikaans, and no sign I can speak any Welsh.

Anyway, since I started the post;

JDD - First you do not look anything like i thought you would. Good luck at Bristol Rovers. Yopu're right about it being difficult taking over a club mid-season, but as you also say, it is better to start with a club in as high a division as possible. Worse case scenario, you get relegated to the next division down, and possibly sacked.

Lots of people seem to get turned down by a few clubs in a division and assume that it is impossible to get a job at that level. Not so. When I got a job at Gillingham, no other club in league 1 would offer me even an interview. It is not as simple as no league 1 clubs interested, all league 2 clubs interested.

Fiz - welcome to the challenge. There's nothing wrong with starting in league 2, of course. Gillingham were almost certainly headed for relegation. (I only played about 1 game. i was just doing an experiment to see what jobs i could get, and in particular whether I could get a job with Bradford, the team i support, in which case i probably would have abandoned FM15).

Also i got the job at Gillingham in the beta. No guarantees any league 1 job is attainable on the latest version.

I think that job selection is a big part of this challenge. Unfortunately, being any good at the jobs you get is also a part which is why I still haven't completed. Some of my key moments in this challenge have been job decisions. The good; starting the challenge a second time (the first short time was with a Chinese club in a state), quitting Swallows without another job to go to, quitting Colombia for Holland, staying with Mexico even though i didn't think they stood a realistic chance of the Confed Cup and of course agreeing to take over Corinthians 4 days before the second leg of the Libertadores. The bad, not taking the job at Jeonbuk. Staying at newcastle for 7 seasons wasn't a mistake, because at the time I was kind of jaded with moving from club to club and wanted to put down roots for a bit.

bartrcm - You completed the youth challenge? must admit I don't often look at that thread. A magnificent challenge and thread of course, but the reason i started this challenge is because i sucked so much at the youth challenge, so painful memories, you know. Good team to start with lots of potential. I think somebody won the league and maybe Champions league with them. Or maybe it was ajax cape town. Who knows?

pug 407 - Good start. One can't at this point completely rule out the possibility of you completing the challenge before either NW or myself.

JoeL -

The only thing that would concern me in terms of this Challenge would be having to wait 4 years for the likes of the World Cup or the Euros. In club football if you get knocked out of a competiton or dont win the league then you can come back next year, at International level 4 years can be a long wait to have a second crack at it.

That's not what should concern you. You should be concerned about not having qon the Confederations Cup at the end of the challenge, and so having to win the world cup or a continental trophy again just to get another shot at the confed Cup. So far, none of us have had that problem near the end, but it gave me nightmares.

mihc - Bad luck on the sacking. Of course i think that the international side of things is a required element of the challenge, but the whole getting sacked because of one match, no matter your previous achievements is something that i'd like to see resolved. Nations should sack their managers in the midst of campaigns like real life, and previous achievements should count for something.

Anyway, talking of getting sacked after 1 bad result, the 2055 ACON awaits. My third time at the competition, which surprises me a bit considering this is my 6th African national job. I think we stand a reasonable but not very strong chance. Senegal and Egypt will be the sides to beat. I'd prefer to still have the Egypt job to be honest.

Season 2084/85 - Man City

2W653Ga.png

League | Schedule Part 1, Part 2 & Part 3

The vast financial resources that had lured me back to City continued to pay dividends: the squad I've built is the finest I've managed, and although I took a ridiculous £50m offered by Paris-SG for one of my top players, we retained the services of Brazilian striker and World Player of the Year Amoroso and continued to put a fine starring cast around him, the pick of this year's additions being German left winger Bülent Guser from Bayern for £38m, who notched an impressive 18 goals and 30 assists in a fine first campaign at Eastlands.

After an indifferent start to the season (where we weren't alone: everyone was beating everyone early in the season), we really put our pedal to the metal from December (where we won all 7 of our games) onwards, dominating proceedings domestically as we set a new Premier League goalscoring record, retained the title with four games to spare, and marched to the FA Cup Final where we unfortunately lost to Newcastle (although frankly if I have to lose, that'll do nicely!)

But what of Europe, the only battleground that mattered for finally finishing the challenge? We cantered through a meek Group Stage, unbeaten despite playing the youth team for the final two games with qualification already assured, and our seeding meant we'd surely get a nice and easy Knockout Round challenge against one of those terrible Group runner-ups?

No, we wouldn't: we had to face FC Bayern, my nemesis with a fantastic record against us which looked sure to continue when they followed up a 2-0 first leg win by taking the lead with an away goal at the City of Manchester Stadium. But then came a remarkable turn-around, a quick flurry of four goals in the minutes either side of half time turning the game on its head, before we added three more on the counter-attack as we put our opponents to the sword and secured a place in the Quarter Final. A special mention here for Guser, who grabbed 4 assists against his former employers to justify his transfer fee in that game alone.

Up next were my previous team Hamburg, and although they were worthy Quarter Finalists, they'd not been managed brilliantly since I left them and after a solid 1-1 draw away we blasted four past them at home to set up another reunion: this time with Porto, another former employer and actually the competition's reigning champions. The Portuguese were to meet a similar fate: we won 4-1 in the first leg to take complete control, and even a 2-0 defeat in Oporto wasn't enough to dampen our day.

The final hurdle saw us face our bitter city rivals Manchester United at the Stade de France. We were briefly worried when Darren Phillips equalised midfield wonderkid Jamie Holmes's first-half opener early in the second half, but the irrepressible Amoroso smashed home a goal shortly after the hour mark before strike partner Enrico Roggia, man of the match in the Final, put some gloss on the result with a late third.

We were Champions of Europe. I'd scooped every landmark needed to complete the Ultimate Football Manager Challenge. The turtle had finally run its race.

Challenge Progress

Club

10/10 top domestic leagues (ARG, DEU, ENG, ESP, FRA, IND, ITA, KOR, POR, USA)

11/10 domestic cups (AUS, BRA, DEU, ENG, ESP, FRA, IND, ITA, KOR, MEX, POR)

5/5 club continental championships (Africa, Asia, Europe, N.Am., S.Am.)

International

5/5 continental tournaments (Africa, Asia, Europe, N.Am., S.Am.)

2/2 world tournaments (WC, Confed.)

Seasons

CLUB CAREER
                               Leagues        Cups
Season        Club           1st      2nd    1st  2nd   Cont.   CWC   Other & Notes
2014/15  RSA  Ajax CT        12th                                     Took over with 3 games remaining, in 15th
2015/16  RSA  Ajax CT                         R2   R1                 Sacked after 16 games, in 16th
2016/17  AUS  Wanderers       6th             QF
2017/18  AUS  Wanderers                       won                     Sacked after 22 games, in 10th
2018/19  IND  Dempo                           GS                      Sacked after 19 games, in 11th
2019/20  IND  Bengaluru       6th             SF   F
2020/21  IND  Bengaluru       2nd             won  F
2021/22  IND  Bengaluru       1st             GS   won  CC R2
2022/23  IND  Bengaluru       2nd             won  F    CL Q3E
2023/24  IND  Bengaluru                                 CC QF         Resigned after CC QF defeat/before league season
2024     KOR  Jeju            5th             SF
2025     KOR  Jeju            8th             SF
2026     KOR  Jeju            8th             QF
2027     KOR  Jeju                            QF                      Left for Pohang after 32 games, in 7th
2027     KOR  Pohang          5th             won                     Took over with 6 games remaining, in 5th
2028     KOR  Pohang                                    CL GS         Sacked after 16 games, in 5th
2028     KOR  Jeonbuk         5th             SF                      Took over with 20 games remaining, in 7th
2029     KOR  Jeonbuk                         R4                      Sacked after 35 games, in 7th
2030     KOR  Jeju                                                    Left for Wellington after 16 games, in 4th
2030/31  AUS  Wellington     10th
2031/32  AUS  Wellington     10th
2032/33  AUS  Wellington      7th
2033/34  AUS  Wellington                                              Left for Perth after 4 games, in 6th
2033/34  AUS  Perth           9th                                     Took over with 23 games remaining, in 10th
2034/35  AUS  Perth           7th
2035/36  AUS  Perth           5th/SF
2036/37  AUS  Perth                                                   Left for Seoul after 12 games, in 2nd
2037     KOR  Seoul           1st             SF        CL won  3rd
2038/39  MEX  Chivas          6th/SF  3rd/ F  QF  won
2039/40  MEX  Chivas         11th     2nd/QF            CL won
2041     USA  New York        1st/won         R4
2042     BRA  Internacional   5th     1st/won won                     Reached 1,000 games in management
2043     BRA  Internacional           1st/won SF        CL QF         Left for Lanus after 34 national games, in 7th
2044     ARG  Lanus           6th             R5        CS P2E
2045     ARG  Lanus                           R5                      Left for Velez after 15 games, in 11th
2045     ARG  Velez           4th/1st                   CS QF    F    Took over with 14 games remaining, in 1st
2046     ARG  Velez           5th/4th         R7        CL won   won
2047     ARG  Velez           1st             R7        CL QF
2049/50  FRA  Monaco          4th             F   R4    EL GS         Sacked after final game of season
2050/51  ITA  Inter           4th             F         EL R2
2051/52  ITA  Inter                                                   Sacked after 16 games, in 14th
2051/52  ITA  Lazio           8th                                     Took over with 21 games remaining, in 12th
2052/53  ITA  Lazio                                                   Sacked after 5 games, in 17th
2054/55  RSA  Wits           10th                 R1                  Took over with 12 games remaining, in 13th
2055/56  RSA  Wits                            R1  R1    CL won   5th  Left for Valencia after 29 games, in 8th
2056/57  ESP  Valencia        7th             R5        EL GS         Sacked after final game of season
2057/58  FRA  Monaco          3rd             SF  F     EL won
2058/59  FRA  Monaco          2nd             SF  R4    EL F
2059/60  FRA  Monaco          1st             won QF    CL R1
2060/61  ITA  Roma            3rd             R1        CL QF
2061/62  ITA  Roma            3rd             R1        CL GS
2062/63  ITA  Roma            3rd             F         EL F          Reached 2,000 games in management
2063/64  ITA  Roma                            QF        CL QF         Resigned after 33 games, in 8th
2064/65  ITA  Lazio          10th             R1
2065/65  ITA  Lazio           9th             QF
2066/67  ITA  Juventus        1st             won       CL R1
2067/68  ESP  Valencia        2nd             QF        EL GS
2068/69  ESP  Barcelona       1st             won       EL R1
2069/70  ENG  Man City        7th             R3        EL won        Took over with 23 games remaining, in 10th
2070/71  ENG  Man City        3rd             R4  R3    CL R1
2071/72  ENG  Man City        1st             won R4    EL SF
2072/73  POR  FCP             1st             won won   EL QF         Reached 2,500 games in management
2073/74  ENG  Fulham         11th             R4                      Took over with 18 games remaining, in 17th
2074/75  DEU  Hamburg         8th             F
2075/76  DEU  Hamburg         6th             R3
2076/77  DEU  Hamburg         4th             R3        EL GS
2077/78  DEU  Hamburg         7th             R3        EL F
2078/79  DEU  Hamburg         3rd             won
2079/80  DEU  Hamburg         2nd             QF        EL QF
2080/81  DEU  Hamburg         2nd             R2        CL SF
2081/82  DEU  Hamburg         1st             R2        CL QF
2082/83  ENG  Man City        2nd             R6  SF    EL F
2083/84  ENG  Man City        1st             R4  R4    CL R1         Reached 3,000 games in management
2084/85  ENG  Man City        1st             F   R3    CL won        Retired after CL Final win

INTERNATIONAL CAREER

Rank         Cups
Year  Nation           FIFA  NL   World  Cont. Conf. Other & Notes
2032  Saudi Arabia      12                           Joined 11th Jul, 29th in FIFA Rankings
2033  Saudi Arabia      25
2034  Saudi Arabia      49         GS
2035  Saudi Arabia                        won        Resigned 4th Feb, 38th in FIFA Rankings
2036  Norway            61   C                       Joined 27th Jul, 54th in FIFA Rankings
2037  Norway            57
2038  Norway            44   B
2039  Norway            39                           Resigned 14th Nov, 39th in FIFA Rankings
2042  Tunisia           36                           Joined 20th Jul, 42nd in FIFA Rankings
2043  Tunisia                             GS         Resigned 27th Jan, 37th in FIFA Rankings
2047  South Africa      22                           Joined 17th Feb, 10th in FIFA Rankings
2048  South Africa      19
2049  South Africa                        won        Resigned 7th Feb, 19th in FIFA Rankings
2049  USA               14                           Joined 1st Aug, 9th in FIFA Rankings
2050  USA               19         GS
2051  USA                                 won        Resigned 30th Jul, 31st in FIFA Rankings
2052  Spain              9                           Joined 21st Jul, 7th in FIFA Rankings
2053  Spain             10  won                      Reached 1,500 games in management
2054  Spain              1         won               Left for Brazil 2nd Aug, 1st in FIFA Rankings
2054  Brazil            14                           Joined 3rd Aug, 13th in FIFA Rankings
2055  Brazil            15                GS
2056  Brazil             2
2057  Brazil             6
2058  Brazil                       R1                Sacked 15th Jul, 6th in FIFA Rankings
2058  Spain              8   A                       Joined 21st Jul, 8th in FIFA Rankings
2059  Spain             18
2060  Spain              2                won
2061  Spain                 won                 won  Resigned 9th Jul, 2nd in FIFA Rankings
2062  Brazil             6                           Joined 23rd Jul, 6th in FIFA Rankings
2063  Brazil                              won        Resigned 7th Jul, 8th in FIFA Rankings

Edited by NormandyWept

ALL CONGRATULATIONS go out to NormandyWept!!!!!

Still only the second completion, what an achievement! So glad to see that turtle finally cross that finish line!

Amazing job, man. I only hope I can replicate half of your success in 16 since I have the time for a real shake at it this year!