The Ultimate Football Manager Challenge - Silver Age Archive

NW Congrats on completing the Bundesliga, and the DFB Pokal (which I never did), now its just UEFA CL left, its quite amazing that you are in 2082 an achievement of its own, but never got that title yet. Come on mate you can do it!!!!

pug Really really sad to hear you have to go all the way back. As a hint, I try to make 2 or maybe even 3 savageness out of one (with different names) just in case one goes corrupted, and save them maybe every half season.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This challange looks really cool. I usually pick one team (specifically my local club, IFK Göteborg) and stick with it, so a journeyman save would be something rather new to me. I will probably fire up a new save this evening an see where it takes me.

Just out of curiosity, do you guys tend to have any backroom staff and/or players that you bring along when you move from one team to another? Also, how much of the scouting knowledge follow you along between clubs?

Fabian I try to bring some favourable players along, never thought about staff. But my journey on FM15 proved that very few players played more than 2-3 season under my management, usually they are either too expensive or not good enough for the new club depending whether you move to a better/worse club. I did buy Messi at Roma in FM15 though and brought him a long to PSG.

So my intention with this post is not to spam the thread, but just a small test. After (hopefully) a few replies I will either drop the suggestion or make a new thread for this.

BUT to my question then, would anyone be interested in trying out this challenge as an online game? Would make for the ultimate of all online games ever?

Please just give me a brief note if it would interest you to play this online or not, 1-2 times a week. If a few people are interested I will as mentioned make a new thread for this.

So my intention with this post is not to spam the thread, but just a small test. After (hopefully) a few replies I will either drop the suggestion or make a new thread for this.

BUT to my question then, would anyone be interested in trying out this challenge as an online game? Would make for the ultimate of all online games ever?

Please just give me a brief note if it would interest you to play this online or not, 1-2 times a week. If a few people are interested I will as mentioned make a new thread for this.

I personally don't think the network game format would suit such a long-term project, and I'm focusing on my own attempt at the challenge so it wouldn't be for me regardless.

If you did attempt this however I'd be very interested to see how you get along.

2020/21 Season Update

Crawley%20Badge_zpsaoh41otp.png

[ League Table | Results #1 #2 #3 ]

Top Scorer: Shamir Fenelon (27)

Most Assists: Piero Mingoia (18)

Highest Rated: Shamir Fenelon (7.37)

Last season's success took me by surprise, and this season was a little more expected. However, I thought we were good enough to get another play-off finish. We dominated most matches, but conceded too many sloppy goals and despite Fenelon's great goal record we didn't score enough either. Our inconsistency was frustrating and cost us in the end, we never got on a proper good run of wins and were always a little adrift of the top 6. On the positive side, Shamir Fenelon got called up to the Irish senior side, although he is yet to make his debut. That really is a testament to his form, as in terms of ability my assistant only reckons he's League 2 standard.

Looking ahead to next season, I think it could be my last at Crawley. I've been there for 4 and a half years, and if we don't get ourselves into the play-offs I think I'll probably move on. No idea where I'd go, but it would be good to start picking up some top division titles soon, so maybe I'll apply for some top division jobs in smaller nations.

[table=width: 700, class: grid, align: center]

[tr]

[td]Season[/td]

[td]Nation[/td]

[td]Club[/td]

[td]League[/td]

[td]Pos.[/td]

[td]Info.[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]2015/16[/td]

[td]ENG[/td]

[td]Oxford United[/td]

[td]Sky Bet League 2[/td]

[td]8th[/td]

[td][/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]2016/17[/td]

[td]ENG[/td]

[td]Oxford United[/td]

[td]n/a[/td]

[td]Sacked[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]2016/17[/td]

[td]ENG[/td]

[td]Crawley Town[/td]

[td]16th[/td]

[td][/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]2017/18[/td]

[td]ENG[/td]

[td]Crawley Town[/td]

[td]11th[/td]

[td][/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]2018/19[/td]

[td]ENG[/td]

[td]Crawley Town[/td]

[td]3rd[/td]

[td]Promoted[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]2019/20[/td]

[td]ENG[/td]

[td]Crawley Town[/td]

[td]Sky Bet League 1[/td]

[td]4th[/td]

[td]Lost in play-off semi[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]2020/21[/td]

[td]ENG[/td]

[td]Crawley Town[/td]

[td]11th[/td]

[td][/td]

[/tr]

[/table]

Vikeologist's 2046/47 Newcastle End of Season Report

th?id=OIP.M2a29c24c9186d66d6eace673f49735b5H0&pid=15.1

Once again the league was a four-horse race betweenourselves, Arsenal, Man Utd and eventual winners Chelsea with three points separating the top 4. We lost the league in the first month though, losing 4 ofour first 8 matches. 3 of those losses were freak results against the run of play, but our second game of the season was a drubbing by Chelsea.

We were briefly top of the league around Christmas, because though the above-mentioned 4 teams are a lot better than anybody else, none of us are really worthy champions.

For the first time as manager of Newcastle, my points total, and finishing league position, has gone backwards. Having previously overspent on rubbish players, I didn’t have much money for new players this season and my team was pretty much unchanged.

A season of transfer inactivity (and reaching the latter stages of all competitions) has however improved things a bit and I will be able to bring in some new players if I find any I’m sure about. If not I will throw some promising young players into the team and see if they stick. My prospective starting left-back is only 15 years old. We were the highest scoring team in the league. The problem, as it has been for a few years now, is defense.

Still, there’s only 1 player in the (new) first 11 over 30. Even if I don’t find a worthy addition to the team in the transfer market, it’s possible that we will do better next season. I’m no longer looking for quick (veteran) fixes, and no longer optimistic.

Anyway next is the Gold Cup with Mexico. USA have hardly won a game in the last couple of years, although all their friendlies seem to be against top teams, so they may be better than their record and ranking suggests. Nonetheless, my challenge may depend on the Gold Cup, as not winning may turn out to be a rage-quitting blow. We've only played friendlies, but we've looked pretty good. Our best striker will miss the tournament through injury, but we should be ok.

I’m also in the Copa America with my U23 side, which contains neither my best young senior players, nor my best U20 players who are all otherwise engaged in other international tournaments.

Season	Team			Position	Notes										Challenge Landmarks
14/15	Swallows(South Africa)	14th		Took over after 14 (of 30)games in 16th bottom position. Dodged relegation.
15/16	Swallows		12th		South African FA Cup winner. Continental qualification.				1 domestic cup
16/17	Swallows		3rd		Champions League qualification
17/18	Swallows		3rd	
18/19 	Swallows & Kaizer Chiefs2nd		Quit Swallows mid-season. Took over Kaiser Chiefs with 9 games of the season left
19/20	Kaizer Chiefs/ChU23	2nd		Won 2 domestic cups.
20/21	Kaizer Chiefs / China	2nd		Lost in Champions League Final on away goals
21/22	Kaizer Chiefs/China	1st		Lost in Champions league semi-final. Won 36 straight matches and East Asia Cup	1 domestic league
22/23	Kaizer Chiefs/ China	n/a		Won African Champions League. Humiliated nation of China.			African Champions League
2023	Seoul			1st		Won South Korean League								2nd domestic league
2024	Seoul / Brazil U23	3rd		Won FA Cup									2nd domestic cup
2025	Cruz Azul		9th		Won FA Cup (Opening Stage). Then I was sacked.					3rd domestic cup
2026	Chivas			2nd		Manager for one match. Lost title in extra time of 2nd leg of league final.
26/27	Chivas /Ivory Coast	6th/1st		Won NACL. Lost Closing stage final of Mexican 1st Div (again)			NACL
27	Chivas / Ivory Coast	5th		Lost in Opening Stage semi-final and resigned after CWC Q/F
28	Dalian / Ivory Coast	11th		Lost in FA Cup Final / Lost in 2029 ACON Q/F
29	Guangzhou / Egypt	1st		League / Cup double. Qualified for World Cup					4th cup, 3rd league
30	Guangzhou/Egypt/USA	1st		League / Champions League double						Asian Champions League
31/2	Hertha Berlin		6th		German Cup losing finalists. Qualified for UEFA Cup
32/33	Hertha Berlin/S Korea	6th		UEFA Cup losing finalists. 
33/34	HB/ SK/ Dortmund	6th		Moved team after 12 games. Won East Asia Cup again, this time with Korea.
34/35	Dortmund / SK / Egypt	1st		League and cup double. Quit South Korea after AC Q/F ignomy			5th cup, Bundesliga
35/36	Dortmund / Colombia	2nd		German cup winners.
36/37	Barcelona / Colombia	2nd		CL Q/F. 	Confederations Cup Finalists 					CWC
37/38	Barcelona / Holland	1st		League, Cup, Champions league treble. World Cup with Holland.			Euro Champions League, 6th cup, Spanish league. World Cup.
38/39	AC Milan / Holland	1st		League and Italian Cup winners. 						7th cup, Serie A
39/40	Holland			n/a		Won European Championship							European Championship
40/41	Sochaux	/ South Africa	7th		Took over Newcastle at end of season.
41/42	Newcastle/South Africa	5th		FA Cup Semi-Finals. World Cup disaster.
42/43	Newcastle / Brazil	6th		CO Cup Q/F, Euro Cup 2nd K/O Round
43/44	Newcastle / Brazil	7th		FA Cup Finalists
44/45	Newcastle / Brazil	4th		Euro Cup winners
45/46	Newcastle / Brazil	2nd		League runners-up. FA Cup winners.						8th cup
46/47	Newcastle / Mexico	4th

Challenge Progress

Club
6/10 top domestic leagues (South Africa, S Korea, China, Germany, Spain, Italy)
8/10 domestic cups (South Africa, S Korea, Mexico, China, Germany, Spain, Italy, England)
4/5 club continental championships (Africa, North America, Asia, Europe)
1/1 club world championship

International
1/5 continental tournaments (European Championship)
1/2 world tournaments (World Cup)

Champman10 2021/22 Update

Melbourne City / Slaven Belupo

I resigned in December after getting bored in the Australian league, leaving the club in 4th and in with a good chance of winning the league.

I got offered several international jobs, DR Congo, Georgia, Poland and the Croatia job, which is the one I took. I decided that I want to move back to Europe and applied for several jobs, I didn't get offered one until July 2022, in time for the new season in.....Croatia. I have taken over at Slaven Belupo a 2000/1 massive outsider in the 10 team Croatian league and that's where this update will finish.

CLUB CAREER

Season     Club                   Pos   DC1   DC2    Cont    Notes & Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015      CHN Qingdao             7th   N/A    N/A    N/A     Took over with 2 games to go
2016      CHN Qingdao             4th   R2     N/A    N/A     
2017      CHN Qingdao             9th   N/A    N/A    N/A     Resigned after 10 games
2017/18   HKO Kitchee             3rd   RU     QF     N/A     
2018/19   HKO Kitchee             N/A   N/A    N/A    N/A     Sacked after 4 games
2019/20   Melbourne City          3rd   R1     N/A    N/A     Asian Champions League Qualification
2020/21   Melbourne City          4th   QF     N/A    R2      Missed out on continental football
2021/22   Melbourne City          N/A   N/A    N/A    N/A     Resigned in December

INTERNATIONAL CAREER
(Currently Unemployed)

Year   Nation                     NL     WC     Cont.  Conf.  Notes & Achievements
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2016   Argentina U23s          N/A   N/A    N/A     N/A     Olympic Group Stage
2018   Jamaica                 N/A   G/S    N/A     N/A     Carribean Championships Winner
2019   Nigeria                 N/A   N/A    WIN     N/A     ACON winners
2021   Croatia                 N/A   N/A    WIN     N/A     Only just taken over

Challenge Progress

Club
0/10 top domestic leagues
0/10 domestic cups 
0/5  club continental championships 
0/1  club world championship

International
1/5  continental tournaments (African Cup of Nations with Nigeria)
0/2  world tournaments

Other Trophies - Caribbean Championships (Jamaica 2018)

Vikeologist's 2047 Mexico Gold Cup Report

th?id=OIP.M9244fa1a38de52f923b3511fe4a9d126o0&pid=15.1

I was pretty confident coming into this tournament, not because I thought Mexico were good, although friendlies suggested we could at least hang with the top sides in the world, but because the other nations in the competition seemed to be in a total slump.

Group Stage

Mexico 7 Panama 0

Mexico 7 Honduras 2

Mexico 7 Guatemala 2

Essentially once we were 5 or 6 goals up, usually midway through the first half, I chucked on my unfit subs and played contain football to try to keep my guys fresh. This Gold cup was going to be ridiculously easy. The only troubling cloud on my horizon was that the draw for the rest of the tournament meant that we were going to face USA in the semi-final rather than final.

Quarter-Final

Mexico 2 Jamaica 2 (AET 10-9 on penalties)

Or maybe we wouldn't face USA in the semi-final. This was a nightmare. Twice Jamaica pegged us back. They had a player sent off near the end of the 90 minutes, but still we couldn't break them down, or even look like the better side. The lottery of penalties dragged on with Jamaica converting every one until finally their goalkeeper missed. This was just horrible and I went to bed afterwards convinced that a more rested USA team would probably knock us out (and effectively end my FM15 challenge) in the next round.

Semi-Final (if applicable)

Mexico 3 USA 1

To be honest, this turned out to be fairly easy in the end. We went ahead early and controlled the match despite USA getting a late consolation goal. We would face Canada in the final, which you'd think would be an easy match, but they had won all of their matches so far. In my save Canada are full of surprises. Not only have they won the Gold Cup (twice) but a Canadian side won the World Club Championship. After the debacle against Jamaica, I could take nothing for granted.

Final (If applicable)

Mexico 4 Canada 0

It wasn't as easy as the score suggests, although Canada didn't actually threated our goal very much. They were tough to break down though.

Epilogue -

So another achievement. I'm continuing with my FM15 save after all; thanks to penalties. There's not much point continuing with Mexico. They're good, but I think it's extremely unlikely that they can win the Confederations Cup. However, given the schedule of competitions, I'm not sure that I'll be able to get a top job in Africa, Asia or South America before the Confed Cup, and you have to be in it to win it. So, even though the World Cup qualifying will be pretty boring, I might stay on for the moment. The only troubling thing is if and when Newcastle win the league, having an international job might deter potential employers. Anyway, we may have to do a Confederations Cup playoff. This is usually between the last 2 winners of the gold Cup, and Mexico have won the last 2, so maybe we'll be excused.

Season    Team            Position    Notes                                        Challenge Landmarks
14/15    Swallows(South Africa)    14th        Took over after 14 (of 30)games in 16th bottom position. Dodged relegation.
15/16    Swallows        12th        South African FA Cup winner. Continental qualification.                1 domestic cup
16/17    Swallows        3rd        Champions League qualification
17/18    Swallows        3rd    
18/19     Swallows & Kaizer Chiefs2nd        Quit Swallows mid-season. Took over Kaiser Chiefs with 9 games of the season left
19/20    Kaizer Chiefs/ChU23    2nd        Won 2 domestic cups.
20/21    Kaizer Chiefs / China    2nd        Lost in Champions League Final on away goals
21/22    Kaizer Chiefs/China    1st        Lost in Champions league semi-final. Won 36 straight matches and East Asia Cup    1 domestic league
22/23    Kaizer Chiefs/ China    n/a        Won African Champions League. Humiliated nation of China.            African Champions League
2023    Seoul            1st        Won South Korean League                                2nd domestic league
2024    Seoul / Brazil U23    3rd        Won FA Cup                                    2nd domestic cup
2025    Cruz Azul        9th        Won FA Cup (Opening Stage). Then I was sacked.                    3rd domestic cup
2026    Chivas            2nd        Manager for one match. Lost title in extra time of 2nd leg of league final.
26/27    Chivas /Ivory Coast    6th/1st        Won NACL. Lost Closing stage final of Mexican 1st Div (again)            NACL
27    Chivas / Ivory Coast    5th        Lost in Opening Stage semi-final and resigned after CWC Q/F
28    Dalian / Ivory Coast    11th        Lost in FA Cup Final / Lost in 2029 ACON Q/F
29    Guangzhou / Egypt    1st        League / Cup double. Qualified for World Cup                    4th cup, 3rd league
30    Guangzhou/Egypt/USA    1st        League / Champions League double                        Asian Champions League
31/2    Hertha Berlin        6th        German Cup losing finalists. Qualified for UEFA Cup
32/33    Hertha Berlin/S Korea    6th        UEFA Cup losing finalists. 
33/34    HB/ SK/ Dortmund    6th        Moved team after 12 games. Won East Asia Cup again, this time with Korea.
34/35    Dortmund / SK / Egypt    1st        League and cup double. Quit South Korea after AC Q/F ignomy            5th cup, Bundesliga
35/36    Dortmund / Colombia    2nd        German cup winners.
36/37    Barcelona / Colombia    2nd        CL Q/F.     Confederations Cup Finalists                     CWC
37/38    Barcelona / Holland    1st        League, Cup, Champions league treble. World Cup with Holland.            Euro Champions League, 6th cup, Spanish league. World Cup.
38/39    AC Milan / Holland    1st        League and Italian Cup winners.                         7th cup, Serie A
39/40    Holland            n/a        Won European Championship                            European Championship
40/41    Sochaux    / South Africa    7th        Took over Newcastle at end of season.
41/42    Newcastle/South Africa    5th        FA Cup Semi-Finals. World Cup disaster.
42/43    Newcastle / Brazil    6th        CO Cup Q/F, Euro Cup 2nd K/O Round
43/44    Newcastle / Brazil    7th        FA Cup Finalists
44/45    Newcastle / Brazil    4th        Euro Cup winners
45/46    Newcastle / Brazil    2nd        League runners-up. FA Cup winners.                        8th cup
46/47    Newcastle / Mexico    4th                                                Gold Cup

Challenge Progress

Club
6/10 top domestic leagues (South Africa, S Korea, China, Germany, Spain, Italy)
8/10 domestic cups (South Africa, S Korea, Mexico, China, Germany, Spain, Italy, England)
4/5 club continental championships (Africa, North America, Asia, Europe)
1/1 club world championship

International
2/5 continental tournaments (European Championship, Gold Cup)
1/2 world tournaments (World Cup)

"I've just got back from a year in the sack" (Its a lyric from a Happy Mondays song!!)

But, I had to come back at some point and after buying FM16 yesterday, installing it today, where was the obvious place to go on the internet....??

Here, of course.

This challenge is the best ever - FACT

So, credit to LGRTR for devising the challenge originally and utmost credit to Vikeologist for maintaining it so well - especially as it almost died a death at the beginning.

So, I'm gonna give myself a few days to get used to the game, then by the weekend will be fully participating.

Last year, a lot of us started in South Africa - do people think thats still the best place to start??

(Did I mention I LOVE this challenge!!!!)

3L1G - Good to see you back. You were one of the founding fathers.

Some people think that starting in Europe, even if its a lower league, is better, because you can get promoted, improve your reputation and get into international management quickly.

Of course the key thing is the getting promoted side of things.

Where did you start last time? Amazulu?

If I'd (lost that penalty shoot out and) started again, I was going to start in South America, but that's mostly because (apart from the save I lost) I haven't managed a club in South America yet. I think, because of the difficulty in getting a decent job, South America might actually be the worst place to start.

Congratulations vikeologist, finally back on track. I hope you can build on this and finally get that Premier League title. I never made the experience that having an international job would scare off potential employers, is that a really a thing?

Also welcome to the challenge Trainspotting, threelions and Fabian

We were the highest scoring team in the league. The problem, as it has been for a few years now, is defense.

Don't blame yourself: this is a problem which significantly predates your reign - the odd appearance from Jonathan Woodgate aside, Newcastle haven't looked defensively secure since the 1920s!

2021/22 Season Update

Crawley%20Badge_zpsaoh41otp.png

[ League Table | Results #1 #2 #3 ]

Top Scorer: Jamie Thomas (31)

Most Assists: Piero Mingoia (19)

Highest Rated: Calvin Davies (7.37)

I was confident we'd make the play-offs again this season, and we did just that. Although Jamie Thomas replaced him as my main striker, Shamir Fenelon finally made his Ireland debut, a fantastic achievement from one of my favourite players on this save so far. Piero Mingoia continued to play well on the right wing, and new recruit Tariqe Fosu was superb on the opposite flank when fit, which unfortunately wasn't all the time.

We managed to get ourselves ahead in the first play-off leg at home to MK Dons, but the away result left me confused and disappointed. Our opponents had less possession and roughly the same number of shots as us, and yet somehow scored 8 on the day. My goalkeeper Alex Cisak only made one save - I'm yet to have a number 1 that I can trust on this save. After a fun five and a half years at the Red Devils, I allowed my contract to expire and decided to move on to Queens Park Rangers. A team I have little time for in real life, but as a mid-table Championship club it was a real step up for me, and an offer I could hardly refuse.

[tr]

[td]Season[/td]

[td]Nation[/td]

[td]Club[/td]

[td]League[/td]

[td]Pos.[/td]

[td]Info.[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]2015/16[/td]

[td]ENG[/td]

[td]Oxford United[/td]

[td]8th[/td]

[td][/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]2016/17[/td]

[td]ENG[/td]

[td]Oxford United[/td]

[td]n/a[/td]

[td]Sacked[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]2016/17[/td]

[td]ENG[/td]

[td]Crawley Town[/td]

[td]16th[/td]

[td][/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]2017/18[/td]

[td]ENG[/td]

[td]Crawley Town[/td]

[td]11th[/td]

[td][/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]2018/19[/td]

[td]ENG[/td]

[td]Crawley Town[/td]

[td]3rd[/td]

[td]Promoted[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]2019/20[/td]

[td]ENG[/td]

[td]Crawley Town[/td]

[td]4th[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]2020/21[/td]

[td]ENG[/td]

[td]Crawley Town[/td]

[td]11th[/td]

[td][/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]2021/22[/td]

[td]ENG[/td]

[td]Crawley Town[/td]

[td]5th[/td]

[/tr]

[/table]

Impressive to stay 6 seasons with Crawley offen, do you really fancy staying there, or is it the fact that you can't get a better job that keeps you at the club for so long?

I wanted another stab at getting them up to the Championship, but wasn't willing to commit any longer if we didn't make it up, so I'm pleased I could let my contract expire rather than have to resign. In previous saves I've sometimes jumped ship too early or too often, and possibly tarnished my reputation a bit because of it. Thankfully I've been able to make a considerable step up while still honouring my contract.

2017/18 Season Review

LUTON TOWN

luton-town-header175-9870.png

Leagues running: England (4 Tiers), France (2 Tiers), Italy, Germany, Spain, Portugal, Holland (1 Tier)

This one was the most unlikely of them all. Pre-season predictions had us at 20th and a bunch of changes had us struggling for chemistry. However, later in the year, we started getting on a roll and had to win our last game against already-promoted Crystal Palace just to get into the playoffs.

We won that, won the first round 2-1 and 4-0 and then won the final against our main rivals Watford at Wembley. After tying up the game in the 61st minute, the game went all the way to penalties where we won in the sixth round.

After promotion, it wasn’t all sunshine. My contract was expiring and I didn’t think it was a big deal wanting to see my options as I battled for promotion. Well, after promotion a consortium took over so there was a transfer embargo in place.

To make matters worse, there were rumours swirling that once the takeover was complete, they would replace me with a new head coach. After 3 straight years of promotions.

In the end, I ended up with a three-year extension so I get to enjoy the fruits of my labour in the Premier League.

Season   Team        League       Position  Notes and Achievements
2015/16  Luton  ENG   League 2     1st      Took over 8th place on Dec 16/15
                                           Promoted to League One
2016/17  Luton  ENG   League 1     1st      Promoted to Championship
2017/18  Luton  ENG   Championship 6th      Won Playoff
                                           Promoted to Premier League

Challenge Progress

Club
 0/10 top domestic leagues ()
 0/10 domestic cups ()
 0/5 club continental championships ()
 0/1 club world championship

International
 0/5 continental tournaments ()
 0/2 world tournaments ()

Boojar - Congrats on promotion. Glad you get to keep your job with the board takeover. I'm not sure that's as set in stone with FM16 as previous versions.

TS90 - Welcome to the challenge. As I can't open up any of your links in China please excuse me for not commenting on your progress. Tell me if you achieve the whole challenge. I presume Cape Town aren't in the top division.

O94 - Good luck in the new job.

MIHC - Impossible to say what the effect of international management is om jobs. Sometimes getting turned down for jobs doesn't make sense, and we tend to see patterns.

NW - So Newcastle might be hard-coded to suck. I'm afraid my patience is running out and I may jump ship. Our first 2 matches of the season we conceded 7 goals against Chelsea (league champions) and then drew at home against relegation fodder after conceding 2 goals in the last 10 minutes. I am not amused.

Boojar - Congrats on promotion. Glad you get to keep your job with the board takeover. I'm not sure that's as set in stone with FM16 as previous versions.

TS90 - Welcome to the challenge. As I can't open up any of your links in China please excuse me for not commenting on your progress. Tell me if you achieve the whole challenge. I presume Cape Town aren't in the top division.

O94 - Good luck in the new job.

MIHC - Impossible to say what the effect of international management is om jobs. Sometimes getting turned down for jobs doesn't make sense, and we tend to see patterns.

NW - So Newcastle might be hard-coded to suck. I'm afraid my patience is running out and I may jump ship. Our first 2 matches of the season we conceded 7 goals against Chelsea (league champions) and then drew at home against relegation fodder after conceding 2 goals in the last 10 minutes. I am not amused.

yeah mate, im in the NFD, the second division (or the first for the british, because in italy second division=first division)

I had seen board takeovers before and the uncertainty, embargos, etc... but I never saw a news item that mentioned a specific coach by name they wanted to bring in. I've also never had a takeover at that level though so that may be it.

Well lads, i'm new to the forum but have been playing FM/CM since '02. A mate of mine told me about this challenge so I said i'd give it a try. When I googled it, I came across this thread and have read through it over the last couple of days, some great stories it has to be said. I'm posting this on my phone so i will post up some screenshots later but I am already a season into my save. I got a job at Berwick Rangers in the Scottish league 2 and after a very good league campaign we came out on top and I am now preparing for league 1. I've completed the first Coaching Badge and just started my second. I didnt play 15 as I was too immersed in a save I had on 14 but I have to say I am really enjoying 16 so far. Looking forward to sharing my progress and also hearing everyone else's.

JoeL-Welcome to the challenge. Have you read the old thread as well? http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/405927-The-Ultimate-Football-Manager

It's slowly being washed away into the tides of history and slipping further down the list of threads, which is totally our fault of course, because we decided to start a new one.

I'm finding that a journeyman save like this actually feels like lots of different saves, and unless I go back and look at my reports, I don't remember what happened early on or even my players.

Of course I am always going to remember my Newcastle side conceding 2 late goals to throw away the victory, but that is because it has happened so many flaming times. :mad:We're not allowed to use the in game editor, but I'll tell you, if I could use it to make matches 85 minutes long!

Cheers vikeologist, ya I've been flicking through the first thread aswell, some good reading in it. Bad memories, like conceding 2 late goals, always seem to stand out more than the good ones. Just a quick update on my game, we're through to the second round of both the Scottish Challenge and League Cups(something we didn't do last year) and we have won 2 and drawn 1 of our opening 3 league games. I have also taken charge of the Scotland U-19's which should be interesting.

2022/23 Season Update

701%20copy_zpszwhwl8fv.png

[ League Table | Results #1 #2 ]

Top Scorer: Gavin Moth (20)

Most Assists: Ellis Price (14)

Highest Rated: Ellis Price (7.30)

I joined QPR in October when they were languishing just above the relegation zone, and in truth it took a few months before we made any real progress with regards to our league position. I knew before joining that the club was in decay, littered with ageing high earners not contributing enough to the team, and bleeding the finances dry. This was highlighted when my wage budget was slashed in January. However, we seemed to play well from then onwards, with a run of 7 games with just 1 goal conceded in the league. Things tailed off towards the end of the season however and we ended up in 12th, a place higher than our media prediction.

Regardless of how they have deteriorated from the start of the game, QPR is still a large step up from Crawley, and one that I couldn't turn down. Incidentally, Crawley finished rock bottom in my first season gone - 5 years of hard work all undone!

This summer, there will be significant upheaval in the playing staff. A proper wage structure will be established and then we can begin moving forward as a club. However, I'm not expecting immediate success by any means. Besides, our wage budget is now actually pretty small for Championship level.

[tr]

[td]Season[/td]

[td]Nation[/td]

[td]Club[/td]

[td]League[/td]

[td]Pos.[/td]

[td]Info.[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]2015/16[/td]

[td]ENG[/td]

[td]Oxford United[/td]

[td]8th[/td]

[td][/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]2016/17[/td]

[td]ENG[/td]

[td]Oxford United[/td]

[td]n/a[/td]

[td]Sacked[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]2016/17[/td]

[td]ENG[/td]

[td]Crawley Town[/td]

[td]16th[/td]

[td][/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]2017/18[/td]

[td]ENG[/td]

[td]Crawley Town[/td]

[td]11th[/td]

[td][/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]2018/19[/td]

[td]ENG[/td]

[td]Crawley Town[/td]

[td]3rd[/td]

[td]Promoted[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]2019/20[/td]

[td]ENG[/td]

[td]Crawley Town[/td]

[td]4th[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]2020/21[/td]

[td]ENG[/td]

[td]Crawley Town[/td]

[td]11th[/td]

[td][/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]2021/22[/td]

[td]ENG[/td]

[td]Crawley Town[/td]

[td]5th[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]2022/23[/td]

[td]ENG[/td]

[td]Queens Park Rangers[/td]

[td]Sky Bet Championship[/td]

[td]12th[/td]

[td][/td]

[/tr]

[/table]

You are building up steadily offen, how many % do you have in manager reputation by now?

I play on FMC so I don't think it shows as a percentage, but I'm still only on 2 and a half grey stars, which is "Low" - that hasn't changed since my days at Crawley, which is a little concerning. Still I'm pleased I'm actually making some progress, as I've never been the best FM player.

I play on FMC so I don't think it shows as a percentage, but I'm still only on 2 and a half grey stars, which is "Low" - that hasn't changed since my days at Crawley, which is a little concerning. Still I'm pleased I'm actually making some progress, as I've never been the best FM player.

OK! I think at least on "Full Fat FM" it now shows in % and the grey stars is 10% per ful star, so 2,5 grey stars should be 25%.

I will post a few updates on my save progress later today and show what I mean by this.

I am in. I have decided to start by sticking in some lower level leagues and try and build some sort of reputation through these first.

Here I am

Me

Home-United.png

Offer

Current League

Home United is a fantastic place to start my career. Whilst the Singaporean League may not be strongest I have got a team that are further champions. Whats my aims here, well I suspect that if I do well I could wrap up an early title in Singapore, I also think it could be a bit of a risk as I would imagine instant success is wanted as the previous manager was sacked for being 5th which does not feel like a terrible result. I have 8 games left so if I could aim for anywhere above 5th before the end of the year I would be pleased.

The Earls Ultimate Football Manager Challenge

2016/17 - Den Bosch - Jupiler League (Dutch Tier 2)

So the first full season for The Manager was the 2016/17 season of Jupiler League. In the first season we only had a wage budget of some 21.000 Euro per week, but after making a hefty profit of around 1.5 million Euro in that season, all debt was cleared and we could spend almost the double wage budget in season 2. 39.000 Euro was the new budget and a bit for transfers as well. Still I relied mostly on loan signings as you can see from the screenshot below.

Transfers in season 2:

http://s7.postimg.org/hk9h5ll8r/transfer_2.png

We started the season a bit awkwardly with just 7 points in 6 games, before winning 4 straight games in the league. We beat Excelsior 3-0 in the 2nd round of the Dutch Cup and Groningen surprisingly 3-2 a.e.t in the 3rd Round. But in the 4th Round it was stop against Willem II 3-4.

We continued to play well in the league and around midseason we where fighting for top spot with VVV Venlo. As games are very uneven we where a point a drift but with 1 game in hand. Cambuur (Relegated from Eresdivisie) could pose a threat but they would have to win all of their 4 games in hand. They actually played Europa League as they won the Dutch Cup last season.

Mid-season table in season 2:

http://s9.postimg.org/danfm5nxb/midseason_2.png

After new year we found some excellent form and in the first 16 games after the break we won 13, drew 1 and lost only 2. That gave us the league title even if we lost our 2 final games.

League win confirmed and final league table in season 2:

http://s18.postimg.org/mo4tupb7d/leaguewin_2.png

http://s11.postimg.org/jl9xsp983/leaguetable_2.png

Top goalscorer was Kaylen Hinds (on loan) with 18 goals.

Top performer was Wessel Dammers (on loan) with 7,29 Av.rat.

Best eleven in season 2:

http://s23.postimg.org/77u92c3jv/besteleven_2.png

With the increased economy at the club I managed to complete my National C-Liscence and start the National B-Liscence as well. I applied for the job as manager of Algeria, but was laughed at, and they stayed without a manager for more than 1 year. (What a bummer for them).

Next season will be all about keeping Den Bosch in the Eresdivisie and hopefully increasing my manager reputation.

Season        Club            League             Pos.   Cup               Info.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16  HOL  Den Bosch     Jupiler League       11th   2nd round     Joined 19th, already out of Cup
2016/17  HOL  Den Bosch     Jupiler League        1st   4th round      Won the league and promoted!

Home-United.png

Home United - 2015

League - Not great in terms of what the board want it seems but the damage was already done before I began really. My time here was really good as I won all but two games and only lost one game whilst I am here. We had some fantastic results and ones that I would imagine we can build on for next year.

Competitions - Not much to report as we were out of all them before I began my time here.

Transfers - Nothing this year

Finance - Not to bad, hopefully will give me a little bit more cash next year to add to the squad

Kamel Ramdani - One of the older players in the squad but a real experience head who did very well for me.

Ken Ilso - Superb player one of the better players in the league, he did well whilst I have been here but I would expect much more form him next year.

Noh Rahman - Another decent player, again another older face but he could hopefully last another year or two as he is excellent.

Season   Nation         Team          Position            Notes and Achievements

2015     Singapore     Home United      5th

Challenge Progress

Club

0/10 top domestic leagues (Insert nations)

0/10 domestic cups ()

International

0/2 world tournaments ()

mayihavecookie's Challenge, Season 12

Season 2026

130px-Boca_Juniors_2012.svg.png

Boca Juniors - Primera División

League Table | Schedule 1 | Schedule 2 | Schedule 3 | Schedule 4 | Manager Profile | Sextuple

I had to stay a whole other year just to get that cup title, and I did my best to make sure we wouldn't fail to do so. I spent some money to considerably strengthen my squad. I bought two top players from last years second Newell's (a centre back and a striker), also I got two new left backs, a goalkeeper and some backup players in several positions. And we were invincible this year. Newell's was keeping up with us in the first half of the season, but after we beat them 5-1 shortly after the summer break they lost a few games in a row and eventually went down to 3rd place. There was no competition after that anymore and we easily secured the title again after 23 games.

We started our international season by winning the South American Recopa (winner of the Copa Libertadores against winner of the Copa Sudamericana) against Atletico Mineiro (7-3) on aggregate.

In the Copa Libertadores we were handed an easy group and easily finished 1st with 18 points and 39-2 goals from 6 games. We then went on to beat Universidad de Chile, Flamengo, Vélez and finally River Plate, making us champions of the Copa Libertadore again (I'm happy about this one, because last years win was a bit cheap as I only took over right before the semi final).

Right after the Copa Libertadores ended, we entered the second continental tournament in South America, the Copa Sudamericana. Like last year, we met River in the first Round, meaning we played our fierce rivals four times in only two weeks. We beat them two more times which was nice :). Then we met Universidad de Chile again, then Cruzeiro, Belgrano, and in the final we beat Atletico Mineiro and won the Copa Sudamericana. Now who will play in next years Recopa?

Of course the most important competition for me this year was the Copa Argentina. We started with a 13-0 victory over Dep. Maipu. Next was a 3-1 win against Dep. Moron, a 3-0 against All Boys, a 2-1 against Vélez, a 5-1 against Independiente Rivadavia and last but not least a 3-0 against Huracan in the final and we won the Copa Argentina with no trouble at all.

Before this very succesful season ended we had to play the Club World Championship once again, and in my 5th attempt I finally managed to win it! We beat Etoile du Sahel in the semi final and managed to take Juventus to penalties were we beat them 5-4. With our win in the Club World Championship I now count seven titles this season: Recopa, Copa Libertadores, Copa Sudamericana, Primera Division, Copa Argentina, Supercopa Argentina and Club World Championship. Time to leave for the next challenge.

[b]CLUB CAREER

Season     Club             Pos   DC1   DC2    Cont    Notes & Achievements[/b]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014  CHN Renhe             11th  QF    n/a    n/a     Took over after 13 games in 16th 
2015  CHN Renhe             2nd   QF    n/a    n/a     Chinese Manager of the Year
2016  CHN Renhe             1st   Won   n/a    R2      Won Chinese Super League & FA Cup
2017  KOR Chunnam           2nd   R4    n/a    Won     Won Asian Champions League
2018  KOR Jeonbuk           1st   Won   n/a    Won     Won Asian Champions League, K-League Classic & FA Cup
19/20 RSA Kaizer Chiefs     2nd   Won   QF     n/a     Won SA Cup
20/21 RSA Kaizer Chiefs     1st   Won   R1     open    Won SA Cup, Be The Coach and Premier Soccer League
21/22 RSA Kaizer Chiefs     1st   R1    QF     won     Won African Champions League, left after 13 games in 1st
21/22 GER Borussia Dortmund 3rd   F     n/a    n/a     Took over after 26 games in 9th
22/23 GER Borussia Dortmund 1st   F     n/a    EL won  Won Bundesliga and Europa League
23/24 ESP Real Madrid       1st   Won   n/a    R2      Won La Liga and Spanish Cup
24/25 HOL Ajax              1st   Won   n/a    R2      Won Eredivisie and Dutch Cup
2025  ARG Boca Juniors      1st   n/a   n/a    Won     Took over after 15 games in 2nd. Won League & Copa Libertadores
2016  ARG Boca Juniors      1st   Won   n/a    Won     Won Copa Argentina, Club World Cup and everything else

[b]INTERNATIONAL CAREER

Year   Nation        NL     WC     Cont.  Conf.  Notes & Achievements[/b]
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014   -
2015   -
2016   -
2017   - 
2018   South Korea                               Joined 22.7.18
2019   South Korea                 QF            Sacked 6.2.19
2019   Cameroon                                  Joined 17.2.19 World Ranking 29th
2020   Cameroon      
2021   Cameroon                    Won           Won African Cup of Nations
2022   Cameroon             3rd                  Resigned 10.7.22 World Ranking 4th
2023   France        SF                          Joined 17.7.22 World Ranking 7th
2024   France                      QF            Sacked 14.7.24 World Ranking 4th
2025   -
2026   -

Challenge Progress

Club
7/10 top domestic leagues (China, South Korea, South Africa, Germany, Spain, Holland, Argentina)
6/10 domestic cups (China, South Korea, South Africa, Spain, Holland, Argentina)
3/5  club continental championships (Asia, Africa, South America)
1/1  club world championship (Boca Juniors)

International
1/5  continental tournaments (African Cup of Nations with Cameroon)
0/2  world tournaments

Home-United.png

Home United - 2016

League - Well that was amazing, I had a bit of a rough start where I can only assume the new players were bedding in. After that I smashed and went on two separate massive winning runs. In the end we were miles better than any other team in this league I was honestly amazed at our performance.

Competitions - Fantastic on the continental front but not so great at home. At home I did not get through the initial stages of the club competitions which was a shame. I did somehow win the Asian Federation Cup(which is for lower ranked Asian Nations), I was amazed to get this much success this early. I don't think it adds towards any form of achievements here.

Transfers - A little action this year, some decent players came in and one star left as I was offered so much money.

Finance - Getting so much better mainly due to the fantastic performance in the Confederation Cup and the big sale.

Kamel Ramdani - Another superb season, he will not play on next year as he will not agree to a new deal which is annoying but at 35+ he will be on the decline.

Sirina Camara - Has done really this year and has been fantastic. Ever consistent and always superb, would love a goal or two more from him though.

Casey Thomas - Amazing player came in this year and was fantastic when he came in. I did not expect this much success

Next Year

I am a bit unsure about this really, I am not going to win the Champions League here as the nation is far to small. I do see this as an opportunity to get a Cup though. Hmm decisions

Season   Nation         Team          Position            Notes and Achievements

2015     Singapore     Home United      5th
2016     Singapore     Home United      1st                  League and Confed Cup Champ

Challenge Progress

Club

1/10 top domestic leagues (SIN)

0/10 domestic cups ()

International

0/2 world tournaments ()

Hi Vike, basically you need to unlock International Management before starting your game on touch. You can do this by either paying or winning manager of the year. Once unlocked it then only relates to new saves so in essence you would need to restart the challenge.

I have checked and I can now manage a national team.

Yeah. I started a game on Touch (PC) and the international jobs don't appear in the job security, so I guess I'll need to put something about this at the start of the thread.

Incidentally, your post made me look at the list of unlockables. I hope this is obvious to everybody, but apart from national management and attribute masking, all those unlockables would be absolute no-nos for this kind of challenge and mustn't be 'unlocked' at the start of the challenge.

What happened to the 'son' unlockable? I wonder why that's gone. I'd have thought that was very popular and having us spread our virtual seed would have been a nice little earner for SI.

Ashton - I have clarified the instructions at the start of the thread, but I want to check something. Can you choose which unlockables you have unlocked at the start of a game? Things like the 'all job applications successful' would render the whole challenge redundant.

Offer

League on take over

So it was off to Wales I went seem as good as place to start as any

brand.gif?itok=e4vwY7Ks

Airbus UK - 2015/16

League - Not much happened really, I took over at 7th and didn't really have enough time to get them into the Championship Group so I had to stay in the lower group. We smashed that but couldn't move up. We did go through the European Playoffs and won every round, this meant European qualification for the club which was a lot more than I had anticipated.

Competitions - I was knocked out of all competitions before I came here aside from the Welsh Cup which I did really well in. We managed to get to the final where we lost to the league champions, which is no real loss for us. We did really well but did not quiet have enough to win the final

Transfers - Nothing from me really, I said the last person in the list but he did not really do much

Finance - Really good, hopefully this will equal a large transfer budget and wage budget

Tom Field - Amazing player, really did well and was the best performer in the squad by a country mile

Ryan Fraughn - Decent player for us, one of the more talented players in the squad I think he could have done better though. He does not want to stay next year though.

Wayne Reily - Another decent player, solid if nothing else, did really well for us and I am pretty pleased with him

Next Year

I would like to stay here for another year, but many players are leaving and I am not sure that I will have anywhere near enough cash to keep the players. I am not sure I have even enough money to rebuild the squad to challenge, tough one.

Season       Nation         Team          Position            Notes and Achievements

2015/16     Wales         Airbus UK            7th                  FA Cup Runners Up

Challenge Progress

Club

0/10 top domestic leagues ()

0/10 domestic cups ()

International

0/2 world tournaments ()

Pug's Update Part 2 Season 2015/16

r1fPn3Z.png

As You Will Have Seen My Game Crash Just As I Was Saving. So This Is Part 2. I've Now Put My Save On Rolling Save.

Change his Skin And When I Done That Put It On Single File Save, But Still Had My First Save With Cambridge.

The Only Difference Is That I Couldn't Repeat The FA Cup Win.

odSaq86.png?1

Won The League With 5 Games To Go

VLaxOD6.png

Also Took Iran U23's To Win The U23 AFC Championship

Uemgnog.png?1

brand.gif?itok=e4vwY7Ks

Airbus UK - 2016/17

League - Well that was a shocker, we played well all year in the league and for some reason we did not look like we were ever going to get beaten to the title. TNS and Bangor both pushed us all the way so to wrap the title up was fantastic, I could not be any happier to see this title win. I am so glad that I decided to stay here.

Competitions - Not great as we went out of all competitions really really early

Transfers - I brought in a few more faces, but these were of a lot more quality than what left so although the squad was smaller it was much better

Finance - Improving

Wayne Reily - One of the best players in the league this year, was amazing a pretty much scored all the major goals for us

Alex Evans - Decent centre back, played well all year and was fantastic throughout for us

Owain Morgan - Decent, not great but ok. He did a lot of good this year but a player who could have done a lot more for us.

Next Year

I think I am going to leave here now, I have won the title and that about enough for me, my deal is up and its now time for me to look elsewhere.

Season       Nation         Team          Position            Notes and Achievements

2015/16     Wales         Airbus UK            7th                  FA Cup Runners Up
2016/17     Wales         Airbus UK            1st                  Champions

Challenge Progress

Club

1/10 top domestic leagues (WAL)

0/10 domestic cups ()

International

0/2 world tournaments ()