Gundo's FM08 Small club from a small nation European adventure challenge

Any chance once people have figured out the date needed to be holidayed to for the varying leagues, that they can post it on this thread, to make it easier/faster for others?

I may be trying this sooner than I was originally planning since my processing speeds for Dafuges challenge are getting too slow.

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Gilbster:

Any chance once people have figured out the date needed to be holidayed to for the varying leagues, that they can post it on this thread, to make it easier/faster for others?

I may be trying this sooner than I was originally planning since my processing speeds for Dafuges challenge are getting too slow.

League Re-Set Dates.

Northern Ireland - 19th June (Relegation playoff 30th April/4th May)

Originally posted by aaberdeenn:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gilbster:

League Re-Set Dates.

Northern Ireland - 19th June (Relegation playoff 30th April/4th May) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

For Northern Ireland, the playoff draw is made on the 28th April, so if you're wanting a specific team, it'll be better to save before this date and then reload from there.

Patro Eisden

Season 2008-2009

A fantastic first season for the club but there are some long term problems. Won the league with 2 games to spare which is an amazing achievement considering its a newly promoted team and mid table was expected. I told the board I would win the league so I could get a better wage budget and I did but I never even used that extra wage money so it was pointless. The problem now is the club is spiralling into debt and cant even maintain normal wages, yet the club were willing to give me that higher wage budget. For the next season I have taken the lowest possible one since I wouldn't want to spend more anyway. I have had to sell my star player cheap because I dont want the debt to get worse but the money I got for him wasn't much.

I have had my first player called up for international duty. His value is now sky rocketing. Soon he will want to move to a bigger team due to this high reputation.

Won with 2 games left

Final Table

One of the best managers around?

Squad

First international player

Just recently I started in N Ireland on 07, and wow the difference between the top teams and the bottom is huge...and the number of available players is quite slim too. Wow once I finish Dafuges I am so heading to here to do something, unsure of a country right now, but I will find one. May go back to NIreland.

Too bad we have 2 fierce and two "normal" rivals, and none in the same division icon_frown.gif Interblock plays above, the others below.

From what it looks like, the Slovenian third tier is also in the game (at least in the natins/clubs panel it shows the third tier codes next to the teams), but it's unplayable. Pity icon_frown.gif

There's no staff, so it's advertising time. /o\

Team looks moderately hopeless. I have a very promising striker on loan from Interblock though.

After the first friendly the team looks hopeless, and not moderately. 0-7 at home. By a team at the same division icon_frown.gif

Transfer-listed D/MC debuts with a 2 (!). No ****in' chance I'll take him off that transfer list icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by johnnyquest409:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by aaberdeenn:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gilbster:

League Re-Set Dates.

Northern Ireland - 19th June (Relegation playoff 30th April/4th May) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

For Northern Ireland, the playoff draw is made on the 28th April, so if you're wanting a specific team, it'll be better to save before this date and then reload from there. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ahh, ok. icon14.gif

Originally posted by emgergo:

Too bad we have 2 fierce and two "normal" rivals, and none in the same division icon_frown.gif Interblock plays above, the others below.

From what it looks like, the Slovenian third tier is also in the game (at least in the natins/clubs panel it shows the third tier codes next to the teams), but it's unplayable. Pity icon_frown.gif

There's no staff, so it's advertising time. /o\

Team looks moderately hopeless. I have a very promising striker on loan from Interblock though.

A player on loan from a fierce rival?

Yes, I was a bit surprised too.

I cancelled two friendlies. No way I'd like to be overran by first division teams icon_biggrin.gif

I know how you feel. I only played 2 friendlies, both against non-league sides, and failed to win either. It wasn't exactly inspiring. Fortunately we figured out how to play once it came round to the competitive matches.

Just had a match with everything LLM has to offer.

Being billed as underdogs. Playing surprisingly well. Building up a two-goal lead away from home. They come back and equalise. Than my sub-striker scores from a rebound, we hold on for the 3-2 and my loanee striker scores a deflected shot in the 93rd minute.

Brilliant icon_biggrin.gif

I have a feeling that the next match (cup, home, against non-league opposition) will be also everything LLM can offer, but in the bad direction icon_biggrin.gif

Just had a match with everything LLM has to offer.

Being billed as underdogs. Playing surprisingly well. Building up a two-goal lead away from home. They come back and equalise. Than my sub-striker scores from a rebound, we hold on for the 3-2 and my loanee striker scores a deflected shot in the 93rd minute.

Brilliant icon_biggrin.gif

I have a feeling that the next match (cup, home, against non-league opposition) will be also everything LLM can offer, but in the bad direction icon_biggrin.gif

I've just had 2 classic LLM games myself.

The first, a 4-2 win away against QUB, sounds almost identical to your game. Classic LLM, terrible weather, and a own goal thrown in for good measure.

The next game was even better, 4-3 win away against Coagh Utd in the cup.

Needing a win to progress through to the next round, we successfully threw away a 2-0 lead to trail 3-2 with just over 5 minutes to go, for a desperate turn around saw us steal victory and top the group table.

I'm also loving how over those two games, we managed 9 shots on target, and 8 of them were goals icon_biggrin.gif

I'm back in my old stomping grounds for this one, as one more recently promoted Polish reaches out for this Canuck's services. This time however the lucky team is Stal Rzeszow.

This club can't even afford a vowel.

This team actually won the Polish FA Cup back in 1975, but have not been in the First Division since then, so let's see how much help I have in getting them back up there!

Well, not much here....

Wow, I guess this really is a one man team....

Well, looks like I have a fair bit of work ahead of me on this one.

Okay then it's either Belgium or N.Ireland based on the fact that they have 3 division, which is what I'm after. I don't want to start too close to the top league.

However I'm split so can anyone make a convincing argument on which league they think would be best please?

Originally posted by Storzy:

Okay then it's either Belgium or N.Ireland based on the fact that they have 3 division, which is what I'm after. I don't want to start too close to the top league.

However I'm split so can anyone make a convincing argument on which league they think would be best please?

If you're not a fan of playing in a LOT of cup competitions, stay away from N.Ireland icon_biggrin.gif

I can't be a Sunday league rep manager in Croatia, which is what I was after so I'll redo as someone else later after a bit more research into the nations and their leagues.

How come? Do you mean that when you start your game, it automatically gives you a higher rep? If you do, then N.Ireland will probably be no good for you either, as I've just started with reputation of 'National', despite choosing sunday league.

Scandinavian leagues rock! icon_biggrin.gif

My N.Ireland save last year with Lisburn rangers was my best game of CM/FM EVER.

I can't praise it highly enough.

The high number of Cup competitions, (and their timings), keep the interest when you are either romping the league or nowhere near competing for it. I just loved it icon14.gif.

Originally posted by johnnyquest409:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Storzy:

I can't be a Sunday league rep manager in Croatia, which is what I was after so I'll redo as someone else later after a bit more research into the nations and their leagues.

How come? Do you mean that when you start your game, it automatically gives you a higher rep? If you do, then N.Ireland will probably be no good for you either, as I've just started with reputation of 'National', despite choosing sunday league. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Aslong as you set your Rep to 'Sunday Lge Footballer', It's different for most countries, I think a number of factors affect your starting rep.

If you are saying you wish to find a country which will give you a lower starting rep thats ok and i know what you mean.

after a slightly disappointing 1st season in dafuge's challenge (lost play-off final in 5th minute of injury time...) i am tempted to give this one a go. i think i will play in one of the follwoing leagues:

austria

belgium

croatia

czech republic

denmark

switzerland

if any of you are playing in these leagues, what are they like, and what is the date i need to holiday until?? i'd appreciate your comments. thanks icon_smile.gif

Still a tight choice, personally I like starting with a low rep, hopefully I'll get that with the Belgium league, fancy something different and I'm not 100% sure N.Ireland league will offer that. The more I think about it the more I think it would be like staying in the Conference North/South forever! Not bad but not different.

Thanks and good luck in your games icon14.gif !

Originally posted by rlipscombe:

after a slightly disappointing 1st season in dafuge's challenge (lost play-off final in 5th minute of injury time...) i am tempted to give this one a go. i think i will play in one of the follwoing leagues:

austria

belgium

croatia

czech republic

denmark

switzerland

if any of you are playing in these leagues, what are they like, and what is the date i need to holiday until?? i'd appreciate your comments. thanks icon_smile.gif

Switzerland is fairly dull tbh, although the challenge of eventually knocking Basel off their perch could be interesting.

Two leagues, one cup, nothing special.

Unless you play as Vaduz and try the Liechtenstein double challenge of course, but that' a different thread...

Still a tight choice, personally I like starting with a low rep, hopefully I'll get that with the Belgium league, fancy something different and I'm not 100% sure N.Ireland league will offer that. The more I think about it the more I think it would be like staying in the Conference North/South forever! Not bad but not different.

Thanks and good luck in your games icon14.gif !

It's not, it's not, it's not icon_biggrin.gif!

I can't describe what it's like but I promise it's not like that icon_biggrin.gif.

Originally posted by Jimbokav1971:

Does the Iceland league develop to allow access into The High League or whatever cross nation scandinavian mini league there is icon_confused.gif?

No Jimbo it does not unfortunately. It's just the big 3 Scandinavian nations - Norway, Denmark and Sweden that generate clubs into the Royal League as it' known.

Originally posted by Gundo:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bluenose_92:

Gundo, you might want to put Ireland on the can't play list (Republic btw). Their bottom tier has no relegation

Noted. Thanks. icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not quite true. The Republic of Ireland league is undergoing changes to its structure at the moment, and as a result, there is no promotion/relegation from the bottom tier (First Division) at the end of 2007 campaign. However, after this year, the side that finishes bottom will in the future seasons will enter a relegation playoff against a non-league side, with the non-league side being promoted to the First Division if they win it.

It's all explained better on wikipedia (here), under the 'Competition' section.

I'm just quickly holidaying through a couple of seasons to check that this is all implemented into the game, and I'll try and provide the dates for holidaying forward to.

Fingers crossed.

Wasn't it 2 teams in a playoff against 2 teams in the past though, or was that just in the North icon_confused.gif?

You could holiday for 2 seasons only for the promoted side to lose the playoff and have nobody to manage.

It might be worth getting a MOD to edit the opening post with this info as and when johnny get it.

After the most infuriating season ever (Tandragee actually managed to score themost goals in the whole league!), I am sacked after losing the relegation play-off 5-3 on agg.

So, I am looking for a new coutry to start in. I would like a country with not too many games ( e.g. N. Ire or Iceland) and a place with no regulations on the amount of foreigners. Any ideas??

Originally posted by argyle4ever:

After the most infuriating season ever (Tandragee actually managed to score themost goals in the whole league!), I am sacked after losing the relegation play-off 5-3 on agg.

So, I am looking for a new coutry to start in. I would like a country with not too many games ( e.g. N. Ire or Iceland) and a place with no regulations on the amount of foreigners. Any ideas??

Gutting icon_frown.gif.

You must have had some corking high scoring games though. What were the most goals you saw in your games?

Originally posted by Gundo:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Supermas2:

If anyone in here could help, it would be much appreciated.

Just wondering if anyone knows much about computers and processors and RAM and all that, could they drop me a PM so i could ask a couple of questions.

This is related to the thread (in some way icon_wink.gif) Just looking into getting a new laptop, so I can do this challenge and Dafuges.

icon14.gif

I can't help i'm afraid, don't know that much about Comps just the basics. Sorry. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Okay not to worry, just got some info off another forum, thanks anyway though - apologies if it seemed i was hijacking this thread- was in no way intended icon_wink.gif

Jimbokav1971 the highest score incidentally was the 2nd leg of the relegation playoff, when i came from 2-0 down back to 2-2 at half time only for them to score 3 more and leave me to score an injury time consolation.

I am currently holidaying in Iceland, will give a screenie soon!

Archived