APEX PREDATOR for 15.2. League = 102 points, 118 Goals.... playing 442

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i won conf north, conf, L2 and finished 2nd in L1 by one point, now top of championship, scored 18 and conceded 3 in 4 games, early days but dominating games. one thing ive noticed, alot of my players were getting injured in training, so what i did, straight after last game of the season, i put my training back on team cohesion on very high, put match tactics on match prep, i put the slider all the way to the left and then leave rest after match ticked, only had one injury pre season and that was in a match, once all fully fluid in all areas, i move slider to middle and have balanced on average and match prep is teamwork for me. Dip into the free transfer's too, ive got a terrible wage budget so i rely alot on loan players too. Hope this helps

well ive just finished season 3 with newcastle finishing 4th.

played 38 won 22 had 8 draws and 8 losses

97 goals for 44 goals against and 74 points in total.

Also won the european cup beating milan 3-1 in the final i lost the FA cup final against chelsea in extra time 4-3 they were a real bogey team for me last season.

Some great stats for my players

Mitrovic 50 games in all competitions 46 goals 23 assists as my AF

Ayoze 57 games in all competitions 34 goals 22 assists as my CF

Salah 26 games in all competitions 14 goals 22 assists as my RM

odegaard 19 games in all competitions 8 goals 21 assists as RM

cabella 19 games all competitions 6 goals 10 assists in LM

ferreyra 11 games all competitions 14 goals 5 assists as AF

Rotariu 39 games all competitions 14 goals 18 assists as LM

I have since sold rotatiu to man utd for £31.5 mil didnt really want to but i think for someone of his attributes he should have done a little better i plan to play cabella there next season and maybe get a younger LM in to develop

I have also sold ferreyra to Everton for £15 mil mainly because he was unhappy at being a second string player

I will definately look to bring in a new RB to replace janmaat as he is my only proper RB and also need at least 1 more quality CM to play either the defensive or support role.

I may also be selling salah back to chelsea to open the door for odegaard to be a first team player i will update with price we agree on. Any thoughts on my season or on my future season would be appreciated.

Quick update i have sold salah back to chelsea for £30.5 mil. which means i now have £76.18 mil to spend. I dont want to buy a lot of players just 2 maybe 3 quality ones who can compete in the champions league

have also sold riviere for 6.25 mil. Ive brought in naingolan on loan for roma for some cover in CM and to rotate with anita and tiote. IM now looking specifically for a new LM kinda regretting selling rotariu but he really didnt perform the way i wanted. i will also bring in a new RB what age i dont know yet as janmaat is more than capable of owning the position its just if he gets injured im screwed ive brought in koval as a goalkeeper aswell as kkrul keeps wanting to leave so in the rare moment that i may sell him i already have a better keeper.

well ive just finished season 3 with newcastle finishing 4th.

played 38 won 22 had 8 draws and 8 losses

97 goals for 44 goals against and 74 points in total.

Also won the european cup beating milan 3-1 in the final i lost the FA cup final against chelsea in extra time 4-3 they were a real bogey team for me last season.

Some great stats for my players

Mitrovic 50 games in all competitions 46 goals 23 assists as my AF

Ayoze 57 games in all competitions 34 goals 22 assists as my CF

Salah 26 games in all competitions 14 goals 22 assists as my RM

odegaard 19 games in all competitions 8 goals 21 assists as RM

cabella 19 games all competitions 6 goals 10 assists in LM

ferreyra 11 games all competitions 14 goals 5 assists as AF

Rotariu 39 games all competitions 14 goals 18 assists as LM

I have since sold rotatiu to man utd for £31.5 mil didnt really want to but i think for someone of his attributes he should have done a little better i plan to play cabella there next season and maybe get a younger LM in to develop

I have also sold ferreyra to Everton for £15 mil mainly because he was unhappy at being a second string player

I will definately look to bring in a new RB to replace janmaat as he is my only proper RB and also need at least 1 more quality CM to play either the defensive or support role.

I may also be selling salah back to chelsea to open the door for odegaard to be a first team player i will update with price we agree on. Any thoughts on my season or on my future season would be appreciated.

Looking at your record looks like you've got the attack functioning well, lots of room for improvement however in the defence. Would take a good look at your Centre Backs, Full Backs and the left central midfield roles. Get goals against under a goal a game and you should win the league :thup:

As said before have not been able to play much recently but had taken brighton to Europe in two seasons with the other tactic. So, decided to try this with a lower league team. As my beloved Rye is now defunct i took the interesting Burgess Hill into vanarama South (swapping with Staines who are bottom at the mo). Was 2000-1 for promotion, no money and really no team. After 16 league games we are six points clear at the top and in the second round of the FA cup (more luck as we keep getting drawn with smaller team.... Heybridge in the first round proper) but about three games ago we hit a bump.... as expected team are now trying to stop us first. Failed to score for the first time at home against Boreham Wood where they had 5 players behind the ball AT ALL TIMES. Seems the key to this is using attacking, overload, counter etc according to how the games goes and think well have to be attacking constantly at home. In the first match in the FA cup first we were shockingly 3-1 away to Heybridge. I switched to overload and we then took them apart, finishing 3-3.

edit - actually Im starting to find that overload is very effective with this tactic in the Vanarama South. Bromley were outplaying us in the 60 min and I was 2-1 down and being swamped. Switched to overload, went 4-2 up and they only got a goal back when I went to counter. Interesting. Contain didn't work at all in this match.

Always checking for your most recent tactic Mr U Rosler. Stumbled across this one and I am keen to test it with Manchester United. Just plugged the tactic into my Barcelona save. 23 seconds into my game against Basel in the Champions League and I am 1-0 up. Busquets in the BWM (D) role winning the ball from their kick-off before releasing Iniesta down the left and squaring for Messi. Promising...:applause:

To add to that last post... I was 4-1 up at half time and Pique got sent off in injury time of the first half. The game ended 7-6 to me. Messi scored 5. Didn't bring on an extra defender just left Bartra as the only central defender. In a tougher game I probably would have sacrificed the supporting striker for a defender but I was confident of the win. Excellent attacking play and the defence wasn't as bad as the scoreline shows.

Ok, so just to update - first season in the prem with Colchester completed and we finished 11th. Very happy with that given the finances, and quality of the squad. It was a real season of two halves, with 29 of the 49 point total being achieved in the first half of the season. Home form kept us up - Only losing 3 games at home all season, and winning 11 of the remaining 16. Away form was shocking though, winning only two and drawing 4 others, with 13 losses. But this season was all about staying up.

Good news is that the finances are flourishing - wage budget for next season of £575k per week and a £30m transfer fund should allow me to make some much needed improvements, but needs to be spent carefully. The board have also announced a further expansion of the stadium, taking it up to capacity of around 15k!

The aim is for a top 10 finish. All areas of the squad need improvement- This tactic certainly helped us overperform, but could also see that there is plenty of potential to move on further by improving the squad.

Looking at your record looks like you've got the attack functioning well, lots of room for improvement however in the defence. Would take a good look at your Centre Backs, Full Backs and the left central midfield roles. Get goals against under a goal a game and you should win the league :thup:

Yeah i was a little thin on defenders when injuries occured im happy with my CBs i have caulker, smalling and yanga mbiwa. got ben davies at LB just need a good Rb and lcm

just a quick update on my harrogate game, got promoted to the prem, so thats 5 promotions in 5 seasons, won the league 4 times, only league i didnt win was L1, and i lost that by one point, my cf has been pivotal along with my rwm, just make sure they have good stats from the 2nd post and the tactic will work a treat

31yul5s3bf9i.png

Really great work as always Mr U Rosler! Tactic works great in Germanys 3.Division. Took over FC Rot-Weiß Erfurt after 11 games, lying in 19th place at the bottom of the table. Used this Tactic for the rest of the season and brought the team (predicted 14th) without transfers to a great 5th place at the end of the season. We missed promotion by 3 points. :rolleyes: If we had some good Backup players to compensate some injuries in April we could be in league 2 by now. :applause: This tactic is great and it never felt like cheating (scoring 6-7 goals with crap players). We won some, we lost some, but it always felt like real football! I'm really excited to build a team for it and fight for promotion next season! KUTGW Rosler! :thup:

rois9vp4kku.png d1un7ii56k69.png

31yul5s3bf9i.png

Really great work as always Mr U Rosler! Tactic works great in Germanys 3.Division. Took over FC Rot-Weiß Erfurt after 11 games, lying in 19th place at the bottom of the table. Used this Tactic for the rest of the season and brought the team (predicted 14th) without transfers to a great 5th place at the end of the season. We missed promotion by 3 points. :rolleyes: If we had some good Backup players to compensate some injuries in April we could be in league 2 by now. :applause: This tactic is great and it never felt like cheating (scoring 6-7 goals with crap players). We won some, we lost some, but it always felt like real football! I'm really excited to build a team for it and fight for promotion next season! KUTGW Rosler! :thup:

rois9vp4kku.png d1un7ii56k69.png

Thanks for the feedback.

Keep us updated on your progress :thup:

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Only problem is, i've set the bar so high i'm re-working the 4132 and can't get anywhere near the performance of the 442 !!

No probs Mr R - You've got to be the most consistently successful tactician I've come across both this year and last. Likely to stick with Apex now, barring any future patches rendering it ineffective.

No probs Mr R - You've got to be the most consistently successful tactician I've come across both this year and last. Likely to stick with Apex now, barring any future patches rendering it ineffective.

Yeah, i'm being silly but i'll get 100+ goals and 95 points with Man City playing 4132 if it kills me....:mad:

Playing in my Arsenal FMC save, having struggled for consistency with my slightly modified 4312 version of your 15.1.3 ITB-Away 4132 (which won me the domestic treble in the 17/18season) after the arrival of the 15.2 patch, at match day 23 of the 18/19 season, sitting adrfit in 4th and out of both domestic cups (though through to the ECC Knockout stages), I swapped to this new tactic of yours Mr R. Well, with 1 change - Ipulled the Complete Forward Support back into the AMcl slot and set it as a Trequartista.

Since the swap, my World Class potential (but currently only 2 1/2 star CA) regen Forward I chucked a load of money at Milan for can't stop scoring.I've just finished the 18/19 season, unbeaten since the tactic change, finishing 2nd to UTD by a single point (having closed a 9 point gap on the leaders), and beat Real Madrid 2-1 in the ECC final.

Playing FMC ofcourse I unlocked my 'son' and got a '3 1/2 star' potential Forward, who is currently only rated at 1 1/2 star CA. Due to the fact Welbeck and Walcott have been crocked most of the season and Sanchez struggled for form, I included him on the bench for the final. As if it was off a film script, Ozil smashed in a free kick to give us the lead early on, and my son stepped off the bench and rounded the keeper for 2-0 on 85 minutes. A frustrated Cristiano Ronaldo smashed in a 90th minute consolation to make it 2-1.

To top it off, Oxlade-Chamberlain, who was gash in the 4312 hit amazing form as the MR and ended up finishing 2nd behind Luis Suarez in the Best Player in Europe Award, ahead of Messi, and my regen forward was ECC top scorer, and won Young Player of the Year. Januzaj, who is my main ML, was voted ECC Best Player, and my first choice back 4 (WC potential DL, Dragovic, Howedes, Chambers), Januzaj and my regen Forward all made the ECC Dream Team.

So having said that CFs canbe many types of forward, I'd say that includes dropping to an AMC as a Treq, as Ozil was insane there with this tactic as a 4411.

The thing I love most though, is the way the tactic plays. It reminds me of a mirror-image of the way Arsenal's Invincibles side of 03/04 played, but with the slight attacking bias to the right hand side rather than the left.

Can't wait to see how acombination of the 442 and the 4411 work out over thecourse of a full season.

The key to this tactic, as well as any other is to get it fluid and then go for attacking movement.

First ten games, won 3, drawn 3 lost 4

Second ten games, won 7, drawn 1, lost 2

That's with a very average team in Italy too (serie c1b)

It feels as if the wide midfielders are key and if you get one with the right attributes he'll rack up assists and goals. I used a Tall and strong second striker and he is the main chance creator in my side

Some more Screenshots from my Journeyman Save. After a great first season we strenghtend the squad a little bit and looked for good backup players to get through injury miserys. Because of the unstable financial situation in the club i wasn't able to spend the income on new players. So we had to find some bargains that fit in the tactic.

jdggu3gnb12l.png

Now here is how it looks like after 20 games in season 2015/16, were we are predicted to finish 5th:

t77gb1cw37d3.png xd825aqyxroq.png obyktaaofcr.png

Although we are only lying in the midfield of the league with our paid salaries, we are 12 points ahead of runner-up Chemnitzer FC and 14 points ahead of relegated FC Ingolstadt, which pay more then twice of our wages. :thup:

This is how our best player in 3rd Division looks like:

ivhxm2paqr9n.png

Unfortunately we will lose him to Kaiserslautern in January because he refused to sign a new contract and i had to cash in for him before he leaves on a free transfer.

I'm already in December planing and scouting for new players for 2nd Division in 2016/17. This was all achieved by using this great tactic, find the right players and keep them happy! KUTGW Uwe :applause::applause::applause:

Perhaps you can give me a tip: Is there something you do, when you try to hold a lead in the last minutes of a game? Lost 4 points becaus of late equalizers. Always trying to say "Tighten Up", but it didn't help.

And Radosevic got sent off 3 times and spent a fair amount of time suspended, so for many games the team looked like this:

Johnstone

Richards

Wilson

Hobbs

Robertson

Paterson

Cohen/Radosevic

Lansbury

Antonio

Assombalonga

Fryatt

You would think that a team like that, basically the same players that Forest have today in real life, would struggle in the Premier League, but no......

http://pl.vc/5nhlt

For those who have played with this a lot, do you get caught out by the teams using AMC or IFs? I'm asking because both MCs are BWM, which means they're all over the place and there's no cover in midfield, especially because both wingers rocket up the pitch and when you lose possession one simple pass can rip you apart.

Im having some sort of success with this tactic, but do concede a lot of goals esp in last 10 minutes.

In 3rd season of nufc save and have lust lost 3-2 at home to man utd ( was leading 2-1 after 79 mins), lost 3-2 away to everton and agian was leading 2-1 going in to last 15 mins.

Not sure if its a tactic thing or need better defenders.

I've been enjoying the tactic very much, very successful

But, against quality teams and away, like at Camp Nou or Allianz Arena or something. I get killed in the first 20-30 minutes. And I mean at least 3 or 4 goals conceded. Especially if they have 2ST plus an AMC. What do you recommend against the 3 upfront opposition? What I've noticed is that this tactic is very possession heavy but in those games that I get killed I get 35-42% possesion while they thump us. Could there be some TI modified 2nd variation of the tactic that would better things?

Also, the BWM(d) spot averages about 0.9 bookings a game, regardless of personnel

Does this work with latest patch

Definitely, having a cracking start with Shrewsbury. Just make sure you get the right players - high work rate for the midfielders makes all the difference.

I've been enjoying the tactic very much, very successful

But, against quality teams and away, like at Camp Nou or Allianz Arena or something. I get killed in the first 20-30 minutes. And I mean at least 3 or 4 goals conceded. Especially if they have 2ST plus an AMC. What do you recommend against the 3 upfront opposition? What I've noticed is that this tactic is very possession heavy but in those games that I get killed I get 35-42% possesion while they thump us. Could there be some TI modified 2nd variation of the tactic that would better things?

Also, the BWM(d) spot averages about 0.9 bookings a game, regardless of personnel

I think you have to be realistic as to what can be achieved, you will still lose some games, european games are much tougher this year, especially the away fixtures, even against some of the 2nd tier teams, against the very top teams you will struggle to contain them away even with a good team. You need a bit of luck over 2 legs in those fixtures, at least until you have a stellar squad.

I found this to be a really gung ho tactic in the lower leagues. Every game without exception both teams have a few good chances and it's then a matter of luck/morale who'll convert more and come on top.

It's not really surprising because it relies on successful pressing. If it doesn't work, you're left with your pants down, both wingers are up the pitch and both BWM are all over the place trying to close down everyone.

However, since this ME seems to favour aggressive tactic, it works well more often than not.

I found this to be a really gung ho tactic in the lower leagues. Every game without exception both teams have a few good chances and it's then a matter of luck/morale who'll convert more and come on top.

Agree, noticed the same in Conference.

Well, just finished my first full season using the main tactic and my 4411 mod of it with Arsenal.

Season 2019/20:

Won the Club World Cup.

Won the Prem, W30 D L2, F110 A33 GD77. 96 Points. Man City 2nd with 73 points. So 23 point gap.

Won the FA Cup, 2:0 vs Man Utd

ECC 1st Knockout Round lost to PSG

Won Manager of the Year

As for my players: Stats are for all Competitions

The Standout : Footballer of the Year, Top Assister and my top League Goalscorer: Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (now 26 y/o): P33(11) G24 (21 in the league) A17 PoM10 AvG7.97 - my 1st choice MR. Absolute storming season.

Goal Machines:

Overall Top Goalscorer: Axel Cloista (20 y/o son) : P22(19) G28 A7 PoM7 AvG7.47 - rotated ML/AF

European Golden Boy and Player's Player of the Year: Dario Vanni (21 y/o Regen) P28(5) G27 A16 PoM3 AvG7.65 - 1st Choice AF.

Danny Welbeck (now 29 y/o) P24(13) G22 A6 PoM6 AvG7.46 - 2nd choice AF/1st choice CFs when playing 442.

Honourable Mentions:

Damien Morgan (20 y/o regen)- AMc (from youth team, 3 yellow 1 black star potential) - break through season as Ozil and Januzaj both injured for 3 months at the same time - P18(3) G10 A8 PoM3 AvG7.68

Archived