The Ultimate Football Manager

Notepads seem like a bit too much to me. If I really get into a save game, I will end up remember everything about my squad anyway. I do assess my squad at the start of the season, but I do that through sorting by position.. pick out my starting XI... then my subs... then see what else I have to come in.

• Replies 986
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Notepads seem like a bit too much to me. If I really get into a save game, I will end up remember everything about my squad anyway. I do assess my squad at the start of the season, but I do that through sorting by position.. pick out my starting XI... then my subs... then see what else I have to come in.

For me, that just helps me sort out which places I have younger players I need to give games too, and helps me determine my transfer policy.

I get that I can do it with the filters, it just always feels good to have a hard copy I can just look down at. But, I see I'm not alone, but definitely some don't -- and I was just making sure I wasn't anymore OCD than I already am. LOL

I think there are several aspects about FM that speak to those of us with a... love of organizing, shall we say. ;)

Like you, I really find that writing or drawing stuff by hand is a great visual aid. When I start a game, arrive at a new club or for some other reason have to re-invent my lineup from scratch, I will sort the players by ability and then literally draw the formation on a piece of paper, filling in the positions from the top. This helps me decide on the best formation to suit the material at hand, as well as assess the squad and find where I'm lacking quality and where I have superfluous players to get rid of.

For the same reason I have never been able to take notes on a computer or the like. I couldn't do it as a student and I still can't, because my notes were/are always filled with weird figures and arrows to represent the associations my mind comes up with as I'm taking them... :D

Guys (and Brettney),

Please assure me that it isn't just me being OCD and that notebooks are also absoutely necessary for the rest of you as well? I'm constantly writing out stuff, but especially I probably write the 1st and 2nd choice for each position at least four times per season... I know I can use filters for a lot of that type of stuff, but having the extra in-hand visual aid just seems crucial to me now. :)

I've always used a notebook for FM, it's mostly filled with unreadable (or at least un-understandable) scribbles but it makes sense to me!

Haha, I use an Excel sheet that calculates average ratings of all my players on their relevant attributes on every position. I also keep track of their development twice a year and write down the 1st and 2nd choice team ;)

Maybe that's why I'm progressing so slowly.

I used to do that aswell, but became a bit "cocky" winning so much, I now only use the "Team Selection" and update that a couple of times each season.

Thanks everyone for that look at how you organize. It makes me feel much less OCD. :) I'd be using the notebook even if I wasn't writing my blog, but it is also a huge help because I'm tracking who wins all of the achievement trophies yearly (or obviously in the case of international competitions, when they occur.) That way, when the time comes to move around, I always have a pretty current history at my fingertips of the power clubs around the world. I posted the first one I did in here so vikeologist could see what I was doing since he can't get Wordpress in his country, but I'm making it a regular feature on my blog and the notebook is invaluable for that. :)

Anyway, I've gotten us a bit off topic and I don't want to clog up achievements, so I'll just say a thanks to all challengers for their candor, and wish you all continued luck and success! :D

That to me has been the "strangest" part of your journey, NormandyWept, that you haven't locked down a European Cup yet...

The turtle is 78, correct??

I've mainly had to concentrate on the league, with Europe therefore second on my priority list most of the time and often seeing me rotate the squad. FC Bayern are becoming the obvious team for me to finish with given that I need a Bundesliga and a Champions League, but we'll see how things go: if needs be I'll switch Spain or England back on and go to a team purely to win the European Cup.

The turtle is indeed 78 - in fact 79 now as I've motored a good way into the next campaign, past the January birthday that I share with my geriatric world-class-manager alter-ego.

655_-guizhou_renhe_fc-primary-2012.gif[/center]

Onwards and upwards

Division - Chinese Superleague

Final League Position - 5th (Past Positions)

Cups -Chinese FA Cup winner, Chinese Super Cup winner

Continental - Asian Champions League Winner!!! (CL Fixtures)

Well, that was a bit of a strange old season. Domestically, not great. We expected to challenge and we started fast, our close season signings seemed to be clicking. However we soon started to accumulate injuries at a ridiculous rate. At one point we had 12 first team players out injured, which is not good in China where backups and youths are so woeful. Our league form suffered badly during this time, but we did stay alive in the FA cup, having also won the supercup in our first match of the season.

At the same time, we also started slowly in our first crack at the Asian Champions League (entered as a reward for last seasons cup win). We picked up only 3pts from our first 3 games, puting our qualification from the group stage in doubt.

However as our players came back, we started to find some more form and start to at least remain a thread to the top 4 in the league, although we were already too far back to win, having had a terrible run of 5 defeats in 7 games at the height of the injury crisis. Increasingly my focus turrned to the Asian Champions League, as we manage to navigate our way out of the group behind Suwon.

The knockout stages saw us see off Japanese opposition twice, both times using our strong home form as a platform. At this point our league form also returned with a vengence and we went on a 10 game unbeaten run. The injuries cleared a bit and we made some good aquisitions in the mid-season transfer window. We still were too far back to make a title challenge, so my focus was now entirely on the semi finals of the ACL.

Standing between us and a place in the final were Jeonbuk. We took the first leg with a nice 3 v 1 home win. The second leg ended up a nailbiter, and our performance on the night was poor as we lost 4 v 2, but we were into the final on away goals! Around this time, our league form tailed off a bit as i totally focussed and rested players for the CL.

The final was a 2 legged afair and we were facing Iranian side Estighial (ironic, since i had recently taken over management of the Iran national side!) Again we were at home first, and a nervy game ended with a 2 v 1 win for us with all the goals in the first half. We had chances to take control of the tie in the second half but we failed to do so, setting up a nervy second leg.

The second leg started well, we grabbed that all important away goal in 29mins and we felt in a good place. An equaliser on the stroke of half time was a setback, and the second half swayed a little until the 80th min. Disaster struck as a defensive error handed Estighial a second goal, and we were headed the way of extra time. But then within 60secs, a lovely move and our rookie RM, starting due to suspension and ineligibility issues, swept home a vital goal! I hit the roof! 9mins to go and we had to just not concede twice! Of course we had to concede once.....in the 89min, just to make it more painful! but we held on! Champions of Asia!

Completely unexpected if i am honest. We were nothing special in China (although days after the ACL win we did clinch our second successive FA cup win) so to go so far in the ACL and tick it off the list was awesome!

Iran

As mentioned in an earlier post, i was approach to take over Iran, who were ranked 63rd in the world. Only friendlies thus far, 2 wins and 1 defeat. This close season we will play in the West Asian Football Federation Championship...

Achievements / Progress

Club

0/10 top domestic leagues

2/10 domestic cups: South African Cup - Santos FC, Chinese FA cup - Renhe

1/5 club continental championships: Asian Champions League - Renhe

0/1 club world championship

International

0/5 continental tournaments

0/2 world tournaments

History

1S7YIn8.png

The Earls Ultimate Football Manager Challenge

Season 2033 – Italy

Just a short mid-season update this time. As I am still manager of Italy, but dont have a club at the moment.

We started the 2033 season with Italy by hammering Portugal 6-0 in a friendly in the build up for Confederations Cup.

Then we beat Malta 7-0 in World Cup Qualifiers. In the summer we where going to play a lot of matches with the Nations League up first. 3-2 win at home to Spain was followed by 2-1 win away to Portugal in the final.

Our group in Confederations Cup saw us pitted against New Zealand, Oman and Argentina. Mexico and England was the major teams in the other group.

Italy - New Zealand 4-1

Goals from Naccari 2, Volpara, Forlani. Easy game played with a fully rotated squad, 2-0 up at half time and we cruised in to a nice victory.

Italy - Oman 5-0

Goals from Pizzi 3, Imparato, Naccari. Decided to play the best team against Oman and went up 2-0 very early. Second half was only about how much we would win with. Sadly our best player Claudio Serrao is not with us due to injury in this tournament.

Italy - Argentina 3-0

Goals from Volpara, Conca, Forlani. Again we rotated the squad totally, as we where ready for 2nd round already and it didn't really matter if we would meet England or Mexico in Semi Finals. Still we won quite easily 3-0.

Italy - England 5-0 Semi Final

Goals from Borneo 2, Pizzi, Bovo, Imparato. What an amazing game 2-0 up at half time and cruising in to a soundly 5-0 win over England.

Italy - Mexico 2-0 Final

Goals from Borneo, Imparato. Great final, we went 2-0 up after just 15 minutes, and could just hang on to a nice victory. Another achievement ticked

I will post the usual summary after next club season, but after the Confederations Cup I took Italy to the Olympics with U23 team, and went all the way to the final, where Brazil smashed us 0-4. So no Gold medal in Olympics.

After that I took charge of Sporting Club the Portugal, and will try to win a cup title with them, and also Mexico also became available so I will have a chance to win Gold Cup, but first I must steal Mexico to a respectable position in World Cup.

Jambo Congratulations on winning the ACL, it's a big achievement to win this with a Chinese team. Hope you will make it in the league next year.

TheEarl Good work in the Confederations Cup. Are you and Normandy actually the only two wo win this so far?

I just finished my season yesterday and will write an update today or tomorrow.

I am thinking of having this challenge as my last one for FM15 after completing the youth challenge with Dulwich and Afan Lido. I've just moved house and don't have internet at home yet so I will most likely add mini non SS updates but take them on my PC and add them where possible.

My thoughts are to start in the depths of English non-league and work my way up :) this may change however...

Season 2072/73 - FC Porto

oVZIT2u.png

League | Schedule Part 1, Part 2 & Part 3

After successfully swapping jobs with the Porto manager in the summer of 2072, I embarked on a very enjoyable one-season jaunt through the Portuguese league, quickly divesting the two players attracting interest from Man City and Chelsea and using the money for a rapid rebuild. I'm really not sure whether I'd have wanted that squad long-term, with many veteran loanees and contract issues looming for some of the established stars, but for a one-year stab at glory it worked perfectly.

Trailing Benfica by a single point for much of the season, we finally overtook them in the run-in and held off their challenge to claim the title with victory on the final day, before hitting four goals in extra time of the Cup Final to complete a domestic treble with the League Cup also having been secured earlier in the season.

Yet again the Champions League was the front I didn't make any inroads in: I won a single qualifier before crashing out to Fulham in the Best Placed Playoff. But Porto weren't a team I was targeting European success with anyway: the two domestic landmarks are just fine and as previously mentioned, FC Bayern is now really the ideal job to close out a brilliant challenge, although I've missed their manager's retirement by a year and may be in for a wait before I can jump into that dream job.

Challenge Progress

Club

9/10 top domestic leagues (ARG, ENG, ESP, FRA, IND, ITA, KOR, POR, USA)

10/10 domestic cups (AUS, BRA, ENG, ESP, FRA, IND, ITA, KOR, MEX, POR)

4/5 club continental championships (Africa, Asia, N.Am., S.Am.)

1/1 club world championship

International

5/5 continental tournaments (Africa, Asia, Europe, N.Am., S.Am.)

2/2 world tournaments (WC, Confed.)

Seasons

CLUB CAREER
                               Leagues        Cups
Season        Club           1st      2nd    1st  2nd   Cont.   CWC   Other & Notes
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014/15  RSA  Ajax CT        12th                                     Took over with 3 games remaining, in 15th
2015/16  RSA  Ajax CT                         R2   R1                 Sacked after 16 games, in 16th
2016/17  AUS  Wanderers       6th             QF
2017/18  AUS  Wanderers                       won                     Sacked after 22 games, in 10th
2018/19  IND  Dempo                           GS                      Sacked after 19 games, in 11th
2019/20  IND  Bengaluru       6th             SF   F
2020/21  IND  Bengaluru       2nd             won  F
2021/22  IND  Bengaluru       1st             GS   won  CC R2
2022/23  IND  Bengaluru       2nd             won  F    CL Q3E
2023/24  IND  Bengaluru                                 CC QF         Resigned after CC QF defeat/before league season
2024     KOR  Jeju            5th             SF
2025     KOR  Jeju            8th             SF
2026     KOR  Jeju            8th             QF
2027     KOR  Jeju                            QF                      Left for Pohang after 32 games, in 7th
2027     KOR  Pohang          5th             won                     Took over with 6 games remaining, in 5th
2028     KOR  Pohang                                    CL GS         Sacked after 16 games, in 5th
2028     KOR  Jeonbuk         5th             SF                      Took over with 20 games remaining, in 7th
2029     KOR  Jeonbuk                         R4                      Sacked after 35 games, in 7th
2030     KOR  Jeju                                                    Left for Wellington after 16 games, in 4th
2030/31  AUS  Wellington     10th
2031/32  AUS  Wellington     10th
2032/33  AUS  Wellington      7th
2033/34  AUS  Wellington                                              Left for Perth after 4 games, in 6th
2033/34  AUS  Perth           9th                                     Took over with 23 games remaining, in 10th
2034/35  AUS  Perth           7th
2035/36  AUS  Perth           5th/SF
2036/37  AUS  Perth                                                   Left for Seoul after 12 games, in 2nd
2037     KOR  Seoul           1st             SF        CL won  3rd
2038/39  MEX  Chivas          6th/SF  3rd/ F  QF  won
2039/40  MEX  Chivas         11th     2nd/QF            CL won
2041     USA  New York        1st/won         R4
2042     BRA  Internacional   5th     1st/won won                     Reached 1,000 games in management
2043     BRA  Internacional           1st/won SF        CL QF         Left for Lanus after 34 national games, in 7th
2044     ARG  Lanus           6th             R5        CS P2E
2045     ARG  Lanus                           R5                      Left for Velez after 15 games, in 11th
2045     ARG  Velez           4th/1st                   CS QF    F    Took over with 14 games remaining, in 1st
2046     ARG  Velez           5th/4th         R7        CL won   won
2047     ARG  Velez           1st             R7        CL QF
2049/50  FRA  Monaco          4th             F   R4    EL GS         Sacked after final game of season
2050/51  ITA  Inter           4th             F         EL R2
2051/52  ITA  Inter                                                   Sacked after 16 games, in 14th
2051/52  ITA  Lazio           8th                                     Took over with 21 games remaining, in 12th
2052/53  ITA  Lazio                                                   Sacked after 5 games, in 17th
2054/55  RSA  Wits           10th                 R1                  Took over with 12 games remaining, in 13th
2055/56  RSA  Wits                            R1  R1    CL won   5th  Left for Valencia after 29 games, in 8th
2056/57  ESP  Valencia        7th             R5        EL GS         Sacked after final game of season
2057/58  FRA  Monaco          3rd             SF  F     EL won
2058/59  FRA  Monaco          2nd             SF  R4    EL F
2059/60  FRA  Monaco          1st             won QF    CL R1
2060/61  ITA  Roma            3rd             R1        CL QF
2061/62  ITA  Roma            3rd             R1        CL GS
2062/63  ITA  Roma            3rd             F         EL F          Reached 2,000 games in management
2063/64  ITA  Roma                            QF        CL QF         Resigned after 33 games, in 8th
2064/65  ITA  Lazio          10th             R1
2065/65  ITA  Lazio           9th             QF
2066/67  ITA  Juventus        1st             won       CL R1
2067/68  ESP  Valencia        2nd             QF        EL GS
2068/69  ESP  Barcelona       1st             won       EL R1
2069/70  ENG  Man City        7th             R3        EL won        Took over with 23 games remaining, in 10th
2070/71  ENG  Man City        3rd             R4  R3    CL R1
2071/72  ENG  Man City        1st             won R4    EL SF
2072/73  POR  FCP             1st             won won   EL QF         Reached 2,500 games in management

INTERNATIONAL CAREER

Rank         Cups
Year  Nation           FIFA  NL   World  Cont. Conf. Other & Notes
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2032  Saudi Arabia      12                           Joined 11th Jul, 29th in FIFA Rankings
2033  Saudi Arabia      25
2034  Saudi Arabia      49         GS
2035  Saudi Arabia                        won        Resigned 4th Feb, 38th in FIFA Rankings
2036  Norway            61   C                       Joined 27th Jul, 54th in FIFA Rankings
2037  Norway            57
2038  Norway            44   B
2039  Norway            39                           Resigned 14th Nov, 39th in FIFA Rankings
2042  Tunisia           36                           Joined 20th Jul, 42nd in FIFA Rankings
2043  Tunisia                             GS         Resigned 27th Jan, 37th in FIFA Rankings
2047  South Africa      22                           Joined 17th Feb, 10th in FIFA Rankings
2048  South Africa      19
2049  South Africa                        won        Resigned 7th Feb, 19th in FIFA Rankings
2049  USA               14                           Joined 1st Aug, 9th in FIFA Rankings
2050  USA               19         GS
2051  USA                                 won        Resigned 30th Jul, 31st in FIFA Rankings
2052  Spain              9                           Joined 21st Jul, 7th in FIFA Rankings
2053  Spain             10  won                      Reached 1,500 games in management
2054  Spain              1         won               Left for Brazil 2nd Aug, 1st in FIFA Rankings
2054  Brazil            14                           Joined 3rd Aug, 13th in FIFA Rankings
2055  Brazil            15                GS
2056  Brazil             2
2057  Brazil             6
2058  Brazil                       R1                Sacked 15th Jul, 6th in FIFA Rankings
2058  Spain              8   A                       Joined 21st Jul, 8th in FIFA Rankings
2059  Spain             18
2060  Spain              2                won
2061  Spain                 won                 won  Resigned 9th Jul, 2nd in FIFA Rankings
2062  Brazil             6                           Joined 23rd Jul, 6th in FIFA Rankings
2063  Brazil                              won        Resigned 7th Jul, 8th in FIFA Rankings

I am thinking of having this challenge as my last one for FM15 after completing the youth challenge with Dulwich and Afan Lido. I've just moved house and don't have internet at home yet so I will most likely add mini non SS updates but take them on my PC and add them where possible.

My thoughts are to start in the depths of English non-league and work my way up :) this may change however...

You can definitely start in at least League 2. I've unfortunately had to restart a few times and you can definitely get a Football League job. Another place often started in is the South African Premier division, where you can get a job with a chance to go for achievement trophies immediately.

Best of luck and welcome to the challenge! :D

NW good going with this challenge, something to aspire to! Its official, i have started this challenge with these levels loaded:

England 6

Germany 2

France 2

Italy 2

Spain 2

South Africa 2

Brazil 2

Argentina 1

Mexico 1

USA 1

China 1

Australia 1

South Korea 1

I applied for all jobs at the start but decided not to go to interviews for south africa 2nd tier. Got a job interview with chivas usa but didnt get it so still looking for first job. Early days though!

You can definitely start in at least League 2. I've unfortunately had to restart a few times and you can definitely get a Football League job. Another place often started in is the South African Premier division, where you can get a job with a chance to go for achievement trophies immediately.

Best of luck and welcome to the challenge! :D

Thanks i will see how it goes, im a cambridge united fan so league 2 would be a good start. Not too fussed on starting too high though.

NW good going with this challenge, something to aspire to! Its official, i have started this challenge with these levels loaded:

England 6

Germany 2

France 2

Italy 2

Spain 2

South Africa 2

Brazil 2

Argentina 1

Mexico 1

USA 1

China 1

Australia 1

South Korea 1

I applied for all jobs at the start but decided not to go to interviews for south africa 2nd tier. Got a job interview with chivas usa but didnt get it so still looking for first job. Early days though!

Yeah, you definitely can start in the South African Premier... unless you're trying to get into Kaizer Chiefs, Orlando Pirates, or SuperSport United, you'll get into a job.

Thanks i will see how it goes, im a cambridge united fan so league 2 would be a good start. Not too fussed on starting too high though.

One of my saves was a Cambridge start, their job usually is either open depending on which start date you used, or becomes available fairly early on. I had a ton of fun with that save but I'm on a new computer now. :)

mayihavecookie's Challenge, Season 8

Season 2021/22

150px-Kaizer_Chiefs.svg.png

Kaizer Chiefs - South African Premier Soccer League

League Table | Schedule 1 | Schedule 2 | Champions League

Having won the league and one of the two counting cup competitions last year, I only stayed for the African Champions League that goes on until the end of November. We only had about six weeks of summer break and we used that time for friendlies, my player's weren't allowed to go on holidays.

We won the three remaining games of the group stage against TP Mazembe (2-0), Etoile du Sahel (1-0) and Raja Casablanca (3-0) which gave us the first place in the group with the maximum of 18 points and a goal difference of 10-0. In the Semi Final we met Ismaily from Egypt and we beat them 5-1 on aggregate. In the final it was Etoile du Sahel again. They won this title three times in the last few years, 2016, 2017 and 2020 and four times in their history. But since they didn't cause us any problems in the group stage I wasn't too worried. And it was no challenge indeed, we won both games: 2-0 away and then 3-0 at home and won the African Champions League for the first time in the club's history.

I then stayed for another month to take my team to the Club World Championship where we went out in the semi final against Cruzeiro. I then ended my time at Kaizer Chiefs with a win on penalties in the 3rd Place Playoff against my old team Jeonbuk (who now have won the Asian Champions League four times in a row since my win in 2018).

In the league we dominated just like last season. We actually lost one away game against Tuks, and unfortunately we dropped out of the SA KO Cup in the quarter final against Bloem Celtic. I left after 13 games with 36 points on 1st place and the team continued the good work after I left and won the league convincingly. I left a strong squad with a lot of depth and a lot of good young players. I was rotating like a maniac for these last two years, often playing an almost completely different team in two consecutive games and I hope they will be able to build on that in the coming years. I'm off to another continent after winning everything I had to in Africa.

180px-Borussia_Dortmund_logo.svg.png

Borussia Dortmund - Bundesliga

League Table | Schedule | Manager Profile

With my reputation now on World Class I can really start to choose which team I want to manage. Borussia Dortmund sacked their manager after a so far disappointing season, sitting only in 9th place with 8 games to go. However, Dortmund didn't lose their status in German football over the last years though. They had actually finished second in Bundesliga for the last three years and just had a really bad season. The squad still is strong but starting to get old with world class players like Ilkay Gündogan and Mats Hummels who now are in their 30's. Most interesting player maybe is Gabriel Barbosa, Brazilian striker and winner of the 2021 Ballon d'Or! So no lack of quality in this team.

When I applied for the job, Dortmund had just beaten Real Madrid 2-1 in the first leg of the Champions League first knockout round, but the day before I signed my contract they lost the second leg 3-1 and were out of the competition.

My first game was a derby against Schalke. We won 4-3, giving a first impression of the attacking football I will continue playing here in Europe. We actually did really well in these 8 remaining league games. We drew two away games and won the other six, and in a really close finish we somehow made it to 3rd place (CL qualification spot) in the end with 57 points, only 3 points more than 9th placed Hoffenheim!

We also played in the DFB Pokal. We beat Wolfsburg in the semi final and then met Bayern - who now have won the Bundesliga 9 times in the last 10 years - in the final. I would have been really happy to win this competition first try, but Bayern was too strong. We'll be back next year.

120px-Fédération_Camerounaise_de_Football_2010.svg.png

Cameroon

Games 2021

We easily qualified for the World Cup, winning every games in the group stage and then beating Cape Verde 11-4 on aggregate in the final round. Next to that we played some friendlies and won all of them. I used the chance to bring some younger players in my squad. There aren't so many talented players in Cameroon, but all in all it's a pretty good team, and I'm looking forward to see what they can achieve in the World Cup next year. We were drawn in a kind of hard group with my old team South Korea, Switzerland and Argentina. The board wants us to reach the second round. We will see.

I will keep you guys updated about the World Cup, I hope I'll find some time to play it this week.

[b]CLUB CAREER

Season     Club             Pos   DC1   DC2    Cont    Notes & Achievements[/b]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
14    CHN Renhe             11th  QF    n/a    n/a     Took over after 13 games in 16th 
15    CHN Renhe             2nd   QF    n/a    n/a     Chinese Manager of the Year
16    CHN Renhe             1st   Won   n/a    R2      Won Chinese Super League & FA Cup
17    KOR Chunnam           2nd   R4    n/a    Won     Won Asian Champions League
18    KOR Jeonbuk           1st   Won   n/a    Won     Won Asian Champions League, K-League Classic & FA Cup
19/20 RSA Kaizer Chiefs     2nd   Won   QF     n/a     Won SA Cup
20/21 RSA Kaizer Chiefs     1st   Won   R1     open    Won SA Cup, Be The Coach and Premier Soccer League
21/22 RSA Kaizer Chiefs     1st   R1    QF     won     Won African Champions League, left after 13 games in 1st
21/22 GER Borussia Dortmund 3rd   F     n/a    n/a     Took over after 26 games in 9th

[b]INTERNATIONAL CAREER

Year   Nation        NL     WC     Cont.  Conf.  Notes & Achievements[/b]
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018   South Korea                               Joined 22.7.18
2019   South Korea                 QF            Sacked 6.2.19
2019   Cameroon                                  Joined 17.2.19
2020   Cameroon      
2021   Cameroon                    Won    
2022   Cameroon

Challenge Progress

Club
3/10 top domestic leagues (China with Renhe, South Korea with Jeonbuk, South Africa with Kaizer Chiefs)
3/10 domestic cups (China with Renhe, South Korea with Jeonbuk, South Africa with Kaizer Chiefs)
2/5  club continental championships (Asia with Chunnam & Jeonbuk, Africa with Kaizer Chiefs)
0/1  club world championship

International
1/5  continental tournaments (African Cup of Nations with Cameroon)
0/2  world tournaments

NW - How exciting. It looks as though we may have our first Ultimate manager before the new game comes out, and maybe our first two. I suppose you're relying on the Bayern manager screwing the pooch so he gets sacked. How long will you leave it before slumming with the likes of Dortmund?

smp - Good luck in the major league. One day I'd like to take the time to get to grips with MLS, but probably not in this challenge.

Earl - Congrats on the Confed Cup. That's a really big achievement, as failing to get it could have derailed your challenge a bit, as it has others before you; like me.:(

Jambo - Presumably you're going to stick around in China and take Renhe to the title.

Me- Talking of China, I don't know if it was a change of policy from SEGA, or a temporary computer bug, but I was able to buy the new game in China. Making the game available to 1.3 billion customers who might be aware of the game because of the Chinese version of football Manager Online. I can see why even SEGA might have been able to figure out that was a good idea. of course most of the other1,299,999,999 potential customers will steal it rather than buy it, but I've gladly paid up my money. I of course won't be playing it very much at first because I do plan to finish out on this year's version, but another couple of seasons on Tyneside without silverware and I may surrender to the shiny newness. In any case it will be nice to tinker around with the new version and empathise with the anguish of those foolish enough to start this challenge with the doubtlessly challenge-killing bugs.

Thanks vikeologist. Im having an enjoyable start to the save and trying to get to grips with the drafts etc. I lost one of my designated players, osvaldo alonso, to a 3.1m release clause but soon after i snatched kaka for just 180k allocoation funds and a permanent international slot - very foolish of Orlando!

Ive gone with my 4-1-2-3 strikerless and as such ive decided to sell on Martins who is off to Moscow for 7.5m. This will give me another DP slot to fill in July. Unbeaten in the league so far after 10 games, great start to my 20 yo managers career!

NW - How exciting. It looks as though we may have our first Ultimate manager before the new game comes out, and maybe our first two. I suppose you're relying on the Bayern manager screwing the pooch so he gets sacked. How long will you leave it before slumming with the likes of Dortmund?

I'd go for Dortmund this instant if I could: it worked well enough going Valencia->Barca after all. Just waiting for either job to come up. I'm a bit paranoid about losing my manager reputation, so may do a job or two to tide me over until something like that becomes available.

Vikeologist's 2042/43 Newcastle, South Africa and Brazil End of Season Report

th?id=OIP.M2a29c24c9186d66d6eace673f49735b5H0&pid=15.1south-africa-vs-brazil.jpg

A really disappointing domestic season with Newcastle. I wanted to spend the season gradually easing out my veterans to make way for my hot prospects, but we started the season so badly I expedited things and treated the season like a youth challenge giving the bairns first team football that they probably weren’t really up to yet. [/font][/color]

The signings I brought in over the summer to be first teamers disappointed. The first priority was to shore up my leaky defence. The previous season the 61 goals we’d conceded in the league probably cost us champion league football.

So this season we conceded 66 goals. Only the bottom 4 teams in the league conceded more.

The previous season Craig Rayner had set the league on fire with his goal tally. Was he a world class striker or just a one season wonder?

He’s a one-season wonder. To be fair he did score 20 league goals, so not terrible. The thing is that my other 3 strikers who took it in turns to be his strike partner all had a better goals per minute ratio, and although the game doesn’t as yet provide a stat for the ratio of pooch screwing, I’m pretty sure that Rayner passed up a large number of plate presented opportunities.

Apart from for England. He’s found his way into the national team at a relatively late age and plays really well for the Sassenachs.Thus ensuring a hefty salary bump.

All of this however doesn’t change one whit my planned timetable to win the league in my next and 3rd season. We were one of the better teams in the second half of the campaign, and my first team is now really young and improving, having benefitted from being thrust into the front line nappy clad.

I am going to stick to my commitment to stay at Newcastle until I win the league (or get sacked). At least our second half of the season ensured us European football again.

On the international side of things, I never wrote up my 2042 World Cup campaign with South Africa. There was a reason for that. It didn’t go well. First we lost the key match against Poland, then narrowly lost to Brazil, and then completely humiliated ourselves by losing to Costa Rica. They didn’t sack me, but the Brazil job came up and I jumped ship.

Brazil have only had one match under my command; a smooth victory over Argentina in the Superclásico, but now we have the main event coming up, the Copa America. If we win, I will have made great strides in the challenge and have an excellent chance at the Confed. Failure and my challenge tally will have remained unchanged for so long it will probably be declared a national treasure and protected by law from alteration for the rest of eternity.

Season	Team			Position	Notes										Challenge Landmarks
14/15	Swallows(South Africa)	14th		Took over after 14 (of 30)games in 16th bottom position. Dodged relegation.
15/16	Swallows		12th		South African FA Cup winner. Continental qualification.				1 domestic cup
16/17	Swallows		3rd		Champions League qualification
17/18	Swallows		3rd	
18/19 	Swallows & Kaizer Chiefs2nd		Quit Swallows mid-season. Took over Kaiser Chiefs with 9 games of the season left
19/20	Kaizer Chiefs/ChU23	2nd		Won 2 domestic cups.
20/21	Kaizer Chiefs / China	2nd		Lost in Champions League Final on away goals
21/22	Kaizer Chiefs/China	1st		Lost in Champions league semi-final. Won 36 straight matches and East Asia Cup	1 domestic league
22/23	Kaizer Chiefs/ China	n/a		Won African Champions League. Humiliated nation of China.			African Champions League
2023	Seoul			1st		Won South Korean League								2nd domestic league
2024	Seoul / Brazil U23	3rd		Won FA Cup									2nd domestic cup
2025	Cruz Azul		9th		Won FA Cup (Opening Stage). Then I was sacked.					3rd domestic cup
2026	Chivas			2nd		Manager for one match. Lost title in extra time of 2nd leg of league final.
26/27	Chivas /Ivory Coast	6th/1st		Won NACL. Lost Closing stage final of Mexican 1st Div (again)			NACL
27	Chivas / Ivory Coast	5th		Lost in Opening Stage semi-final and resigned after CWC Q/F
28	Dalian / Ivory Coast	11th		Lost in FA Cup Final / Lost in 2029 ACON Q/F
29	Guangzhou / Egypt	1st		League / Cup double. Qualified for World Cup					4th cup, 3rd league
30	Guangzhou/Egypt/USA	1st		League / Champions League double						Asian Champions League
31/2	Hertha Berlin		6th		German Cup losing finalists. Qualified for UEFA Cup
32/33	Hertha Berlin/S Korea	6th		UEFA Cup losing finalists. 
33/34	HB/ SK/ Dortmund	6th		Moved team after 12 games. Won East Asia Cup again, this time with Korea.
34/35	Dortmund / SK / Egypt	1st		League and cup double. Quit South Korea after AC Q/F ignomy			5th cup, Bundesliga
35/36	Dortmund / Colombia	2nd		German cup winners.
36/37	Barcelona / Colombia	2nd		CL Q/F. 	Confederations Cup Finalists 					CWC
37/38	Barcelona / Holland	1st		League, Cup, Champions league treble. World Cup with Holland.			Euro Champions League, 6th cup, Spanish league. World Cup.
38/39	AC Milan / Holland	1st		League and Italian Cup winners. 						7th cup, Serie A
39/40	Holland			n/a		Won European Championship							European Championship
40/41	Sochaux	/ South Africa	7th		Took over Newcastle at end of season.
41/42	Newcastle/South Africa	5th		FA Cup Semi-Finals. World Cup disaster.
42/43	Newcastle / Brazil	6th		CO Cup Q/F, Euro Cup 2nd K/O Round

Challenge Progress

Club
6/10 top domestic leagues (South Africa, S Korea, China, Germany, Spain, Italy)
7/10 domestic cups (South Africa, S Korea, Mexico, China, Germany, Spain, Italy)
4/5 club continental championships (Africa, North America, Asia, Europe)
1/1 club world championship

International
1/5 continental tournaments (European Championship)
1/2 world tournaments (World Cup)

The Earls Ultimate Football Manager Challenge

Season 2033/34 – Sporting CP / Mexico

After leaving Suwon I was without a club for a bit more than half a year, my longest period without a club to manage. I thought I would get a club straight away and might have done that if I choose a club in Asia, but I decided I wanted home to more "familiar" places. Unfortunately Porto didn't become available even if the manager was on the verge of getting sacked all the time. Instead it was Portugals 4th richest and 4th most reputable club in my game, Sporting Club de Portugal. Finances and players was just ok, but they gave me a pleasant 8M transfer budget and wage budget around 600K per week.

Board expectations Sporting CP: Qualify for Champions League (3rd place), First KO Round of Europa League, Domestic Cups not important.

Well for me the domestic cups would be the most important, but I couldn't tell the board that and would have to do well in the League and Europa League as well. The later would be down prioritized in times with heavy match schedule. As this is never a challenge about sentimentality I went out very cynical to the transfer market and bought some players I found in need. I also checked the transfer clauses page and found some nice transfer clauses we could sell to increase our budget. So I got Mlungisi Seanego and a midfielder from Suwon. We already had another 2 great strikers. But maybe the best player I bought was swedish midfielder Ola Carlsson. Midway through the season we did sign another striker though, an 18 year old beast named Cristhian Mancheno who will rule the world in the future for sure.

Start of the season you play a lot of games in Portugal, at least if you are in a European competition its games twice a week constantly. I rotated the squad often in the league games, which meant we slipped up sometimes. After 21 games we found ourselves 7 points a drift behind Porto, but with a 5 point margin over Benfica. So the board was happy, but as always my determination to win meant I played the best possible team in all the remaining games. We and Porto then won 7 straight games each, before Porto finally drew a game against Benfica and we closed the gap to 5 points. Then both teams won a match again, before we met with us playing at home. We smashed the league leaders 6-1 and closed the gap to 2 points, and had far better goal difference than them. Still just 3 games to go would Porto slip up in any of them or would we? The answer is Porto did in the penultimate game as they surpassingly lost, and we went on and won every game and won the league with 1 point margin 86 points against 85 (34 games season).

Portugal has 2 domestic cups. Taca de Portugal (FA Cup) and League Cup. In the FA Cup we started in the 3rd Round at home to Pinhalvoense with a 7-0 win. Then we won 4-1 away to Penafiel in the 4th Round. 4-0 win away to Leiria in the 5th Round was followed up by a 5-0 win at home to Vit. Settable in the 6th Round. In the Semi Final we got Benfica in what is a two legged decision. We lost 2-3 at home and I was loosing faith, but we had good time to prepare for the second leg and won that 4-0 to advance to the final after 6-3 on aggregate. In the Final we won 3-1 against Nacional de Madeira and we where FA Cup winners!

The League Cup good teams enter into the 3rd Stage which is a Group Stage with 5 teams pr. group and only 1 team advancing. We got Porto in our group and it seemed very difficult. We beat Oliveirense, Estoril and Vit. Guitars quite easily before the game against Porto. As expected it would be a decider but we had upper hand by 2 goals in goal difference. Luck of the draw gave us home match, and we won 3-0 sending Porto out of the competition. Semi Final was played home to Nacional de Madeira and we won 7-3. In the Final it was not Benfica who already where knocked out but Academica on the other side of the pitch. Another 3-0 win there secured a double Portuguese Cup title in 1 season.

In Europa League we exceeded the boards expectations by progressing through qualification and play offs really easy. Then handed an easy group with M.Haifa, Hearts and Panaitolikos which we won the group with 15 points. Then we beat Feyenoord 2-1 on aggregate in the First KO Round, but it all stopped against Zenit in the 2nd KO Round. A red card at home together with some injuries sent us out 7-10 on aggregate after a poor defensive display over 180 minutes. Still the board loved my job even we went heavily into red numbers financially. I left the club immediately after the season so the new manager could work magic with the finances.

Star players:

Top goalscorer: Mlungisi Seanego - 53 goals

Top assists: Joao Serrao - 35 assists

Top performer: Hector Vergini - 8,02 Av.rat

About the same time as Sporting became available so did Mexico. I got the job there as well and they had 4 games left of qualification for World Cup. 2nd place so far with 4 wins 1 draw and 1 loss. They where 3rd in World Rankings. My task was to qualify for World Cup which we did after winning all 4 remaining games. We finished top of the table and kept our 3rd place in the World Rankings. Then the task was to reach 2nd Round of World Cup given a group with Denmark, Iran and South Africa thanks to our 1st seeding in the draw. The squad is really not that good, I have followed Mexico since I was club manager in America (MEX) and their team was better some 4-8 years ago, now star players are either really old or already retired.

My focus though is to win Gold Cup which comes after World Cup, so I had to survive in the job. Fast story we won a few friendlies in the build up to World Cup, then started by winning against Denmark and Iran but lost surprisingly to South Africa 2-3. It didn't mean to much as we would face either England or France in the Second Round. We got France and stretched them to extra time but eventually lost 2-3 a.e.t. The board was just pleased nothing special and it seems I will keep my job until Gold Cup.

--------------------------------------------

Challenges completed:

Club

11/10 top domestic leagues (Brazil,Italy,England,France, Mexico (Apertura/Clausura), Holland, Germany, Spain, South Africa, South Korea, Portugal) COMPLETED!

11/10 domestic cups (Italy,English FA, English League Cup, French League Cup, Brazil, Holland, Spain, South Africa KO Cup, South Africa FA Cup, Portugal FA Cup, Portugal League Cup) 8 different nations , semi completed

5/5 club continental championships (Europe, S.America, N.America, Africa, Asia) COMPLETED!

1/1 club world championship (Roma) COMPLETED

International

2/5 continental tournaments (Africa, Europe)

2/2 world tournaments (World Cup with France and Paraguay, Confederations Cup with Italy) COMPLETED!

13 minor Trophies: FA Trophy (England), League Two (England), Johnstone Paint Trophy (England), Italian Super Cup, Euro Super Cup, European Nations League (France 2 times, Italy), French Champions Trophy, Europa League (both with Paris SG, Ajax and Dortmund), Sao Paulo State Championship, Be The Coach (South Africa), Super 8(South Africa), African Super Cup, African Confederations Cup.

Competitions won more than once: UEFA Champions League won twice (Roma 2 times). Brazilian Serie A won twice (International and Corinthians), Mexican League won both Apertura and Clausura (America MEX), World Cup (France, Paraguay), SA Premier League (Kaizer Chiefs 2 times), SA KO Cup (Kaizer Chiefs 2 times), SA FA Cup (Kaizer Chiefs 2 times), Korean K League Classic (Suwon 2 times)

---------------------------------------------

Managerial career clubs:

2014/15 Bristol Rovers Played in Vanarama Conference, took over at 18th position, won FA Trophy, quarter final of Johnstone PT, reach 1st round proper of FA Cup. Finished 2nd in Vanarama Conference and got promoted. Manager of the month in Vanarama Conference 3 times.

2015/16 Bristol Rovers Played in League two, league winners, promoted (obviously), won Johnstone PT, reached 3rd round proper of FA Cup, and 1st round of League Cup. Left club at end of season. Manager of the year in League Two, Manager of the month in League Two 4 times.

2016/17 Brighton Played in Championship for the whole season, finished 2nd, reached 6th round of FA-Cup and 2nd round of League Cup, promoted. Manager of the year in Championship.

2017/18 Brighton Played in Premier League, left the club in march sitting in 11th position and knocked out of FA-Cup in 4th round and League Cup in 4th round, club finished 8th in Premier League with new manager.

2017/18 Wolfsburg Played in Bundesliga, took over club in march at 8th position and already out of DFB Pokal, finished 6th but was banned from Europa League due to failing FFP.

2018/19 Wolfsburg Played in Bundesliga, finished 2nd in the league to Schalke 04, but lost in the 3rd round of DFB Pokal to Dortmund. Left the club at the end of the season.

2019 Internacional Played in Brazilian Serie A. Took over after 7 games in 12th position, won the league (first club landmark), was already out of the cup, and lost in 2nd Preliminary round of Copa Sudamericana. Manager of the year in Brazilian Serie A.

2019/20 Roma Played in Serie A, took over in 13th and finished 2nd to Juventus, lost the TIM Cup final to Juventus, won UEFA Champions League. (second club landmark)

2020/21 Roma Played in Serie A, won the league (third club landmark), TIM Cup (fourth club landmark), Italian Super Cup, UEFA Champions League and Club World Championship (fifth club landmark), but lost Euro Super Cup to Arsenal. Manager of the year Serie A.

2021/22 Man.City Played in Premier League, won the league (sixth club landmark), FA-Cup (seventh club landmark), League Cup (eight club landmark), Euro Sup Cup, but lost the Champions League final on penalties to Chelsea. Manager of the year in Premier League, manager of the month 6 times.

2022/23 Paris SG Played in French Ligue 1, won the league (ninth club landmark), won French League Cup (tenth club landmark), lost 10th round of French Cup, knocked out in group stage of Champions League, but won Europa League, won Champions Trophy in France.

2023 Corinthians Played in Brazilian Serie A, took over in 5th, won the league, won the cup (eleventh club landmark), lost in quarter finals of Copa Libertadores.

2024 Corinthians Played in Sao Paulo State Championship, won the State Championship, won Copa Libertadores (twelfth club landmark), left the club in Brazilian Serie A as virtual league leaders after 8 games.

2024/25 America (MEX), Played in Liga MX, took over in Apertura Stage with 5 games to go in 2nd position. Won the Apertura League and the Apertura Playoffs (thirteenth club landmark). Won the Clausura League and Clausura Playoffs. Won the North American Champions League (fourteenth club landmark). Left the club at end of season.

2025/26 Ajax, Played in Eresdivsie. Won the league (fifteenth club landmark), won the Dutch Cup (sixteenth club landmark), won Europa League. Left the club at the end of the season.

2026/27 Dortmund, Played in Bundesliga. Won the league on goal difference (seventeenth club landmark), lost in quarter final of DFB Pokal, won Europa League. Manager of the year in Bundesliga. Didn't leave club at end of season, but applied for other jobs.

2027/28 Real Madrid, Played in La Liga. Won the league (eighteenth club landmark), won Copa Del Rey (nineteenth club landmark), lost in quarter final of Champions League. Spanish Manager of The Year. Left the club at the end of the season.

2028/29 Kaizer Chiefs, Played in South African Premier League. Won the league (twentieth club landmark), won SA KO Cup (twentyfirsth club landmark), won SA FA Cup (twentysecond club landmark), won Super 8, won Be the Coach, currently top of group in Confederations Cup. 8 times Manager of the Month. Manager of the Season.

2029/30 Kaizer Chiefs, Played in South African Premier League. Won the league, won SA KO Cup, won SA FA Cup, won Super 8, won Be The Coach, won African Confederations Cup, won African Super Cup, currently top of group in Champions League. 8 times Manager of the Month. Manager of the Season.

2030/31 Kaizer Chiefs, Played in South African Premier League, Won Be The Coach, Won Super 8, Won African Champions League (twentythird club landmark). Resigned at top of the table, club went on to win 6 titles that season.

2031 Suwon, Played in K League Classic, Won the league (twentyfourth club landmark), lost in 4th Round of FA Cup. Qualified for Asian Champions League. Manager of the season.

2032 Suwon, Played in K League Classic, Won the league, won Asian Champions League (twentyfifth club landmark), lost in 4th Round of FA Cup. Left the club after winning, didn't play the Club World Cup.

2033/34 Sporting CP, Played in Primeira Liga, Won the league, won Taca de Portugal (twenty-sixth club landmark), won League Cup, lost in 2nd KO Round of Europa League, Manager of the season, Manager of the month 1 time. Left the club after the season

Managerial career national teams:

2017 Ivory Coast Took over in march after nation had being knocked out at group stage of African Nations. Qualified easily for World Cup.

2018 Ivory Coast Took just 1 point in group stage of World Cup. Qualified easily for African Nations.

2019 Ivory Coast Won African Nations (first national landmark) then resigned from the job.

2020 France Took over in july after nation had being knocked out in 2nd round of UEFA Euro Nations. Won group stage of Nations League.

2021 France Won Nations League, qualified for World Cup with maximum points.

2022 France Won World Cup (second national landmark)

2022 Brazil lost Superclassico de Americas

2023 Brazil lost in quarter finals of Copa America, sacked.

2024 France joined but resigned without playing any games.

2025 Paraguay joined in 6th position of World Cup Qualifying, qualified in 3rd position. Joined at 62nd position of World Rankings.

2026 Paraguay, Won World Cup, left the nation as number 1 in the World Rankings.

2026 France, joined in 10th position on World Rankings, won group stage of Nations League

2027 France, won Nations League, played 2 games of Euro Championships Qualifiers so far. Currently 7th in World Rankings

2028 France, Qualified easily for Euro Championships. Knocked out in 2nd round of Euro Championships by Ukraine. Left Nation before getting sacked as 11th in World Rankings.

2028 Spain, joined nation as 3rd in the World Rankings. Relegated to Nations Div. B.

2029 Spain, Qualified for World Cup with 9 wins out of 10.

2030 Spain, Knocked out of World Cup at Quarter Finals by Germany after extra time. Sacked at 12th in World Rankings.

2030 Italy, Took over in 3rd in World Rankings, qualified for finals of Nations League

2031 Italy, Won Nations League, Qualified easily for Euro Championships, currently 4th in World Rankings

2032 Italy, Won EURO Championships (third international landmark), Silver medalists of Olympics, qualified for Nations League Semi Final, currently 1st in World Rankings.

2033 Italy, Won Confederations Cup (fourth international landmark), Left the Nation as Number one in the World Rankings.

2033 Mexico, Took over Nation in 3rd in World Rankings and 2nd in World Cup Qualifying Group. Won 4 games and won the World Cup Qualifying Group. Still 3rd in World Rankings.

2034 Mexico, Reach Second Round of World Cup, knocked out by France a.e.t.

You guys are so far in the future ive got some catching up to do :p.

Im now into January 2017. I would like to do an update, but im still waiting for internet at home and only have my phone. Shall i update with no SS / fancy formatting or wait until i can do a proper one?

Spoiler - im still at seattle after two full seasons with them and ive managed to tick off some parts of the challenge. I had a short and sweet stint with USA u23s but failed to get to the olympics, im now with my 2nd international clib who are based in Europe!

Ah yes that is true, no stipulations buts its always nice to have SS. I will do an update tomorrow, likely to be a good 3 season summary, nothimg fancy though as will be dome on my phone!

Edit: i have saved a load of SS on my laptop so i can always add them in.

GKS_Piast_Gliwice.png[/center]

Drinking Vodka and waiting.......

Division - Polish Ekstraklasa

Final League Position - 5th (7th when i joined )

Cups -Knocked out in Qfinal before i arrived.

Continental - NA

So after a couple of season in China, and winning the Cl, i decided i wasnt going to hang around to try and win the league. We might not do it next season and i fancied a bigger job. With my reputation now increased i resigned feeling confident.......and.......nothin. I was 5 months out of a job, unsuccessful in jobs in Argentina, Sweden, and even the English Championship. Was slightly disappointed at how little my reputation seemed to mean. I waited on a reasonable job to come up, and eventually in April Piast in the Polish top division came up. They sat 7th, but had expectations to challenge for the title and some high value players. with nothing else doing, i took the job.

There were some 5 games to go in the regular season, then it splits into 2 and we had 7 more games. We won 4 of the first 5, with the other a draw to put ourself in contention to challenge for second place (Legia well clear). Unfortunately post split we were a disaster. Drawing our first 3 games, including 2 nil nil, then spliting the last 4 with WLWL to end up a disapointing 5th.

However this was not my squad at all. Next year i can shape things a bit more and see if we can break the Legia monopoly.

Iran / Japan

Well as Iran we won the West Asian Football Championship, but im fairly sure that counts for nothing here. Soon after, all my players retire, i went into the Asian cup with a load of crap and was sacked. To my surprise, a few weeks later Japan offered me the job which i of course accepted (they had just won the asian cup). I took over but i have a huge problem. Everytime i select my squad, and confirm it, when it comes to the game only about 3 "real" players show up in the squad with the rest greys? Is this a Japan license thing?. Looks like i cant stay with them much longer :(

Achievements / Progress

Club

0/10 top domestic leagues

2/10 domestic cups: South African Cup - Santos FC, Chinese FA cup - Renhe

1/5 club continental championships: Asian Champions League - Renhe

International

0/2 world tournaments

History

jPRx9mf.png

Vikeologist's 2043 Brazil Copa America Report

A nation full of world class players. What could possibly go wrong?

Group Stage

Brazil 1 Uruguay 4

Ok, so not exactly an ideal start, but Uruguay were always likely to be our toughest competition in the group.

Brazil 2 Colombia 3

Remember when Colombia were the Copa America champions, and I took them over and failed to qualify for the World Cup. Karma, bitch. Ok, so things aren’t going exactly to plan. I’ve now lost 6 major tournament games in a row with my last 3 team, but the top 2 3rd placed teams in the Copa America qualify for the quarterfinals. There’s still hope.

Brazil 2 Bolivia 0

At least, sweet Jesus, a victory. It would have been nice to grab another couple of goals, but if we’d only won this game by 1 goal, we’d have finished bottom of the group. Now I had to rely on the result of the México U23 and Honduras U23 match. A draw or Mexico victory by a single goal would send us through.

So Mexico go 4-0 ahead, and we need a miracle. I sell my soul to Satan and sacrifice a virgin from my Newcastle youth team as well to cover my bets. It works. A couple of México players pick up slight injuries. Honduras pull two goals back and Mexico have a player sent off. Mexico win 4-2 and have the same goal difference as us, but we qualify by dint of having scored more goals.

So, a nice, comfortable group stage there then. Our reward is a quarter final against Argentina.

Brazil 1 Argentina 4

If this was a scripted story, then we would now go on to win the tournament. It’s football Manager however, and Vikeologist specifically, so we went out in the next round.

I expect I’ll be sacked, and even if I’m not there’s nothing worth winning with Brazil for another 3 seasons, so there’s not much point sticking around anyway.

Fuli - Chniese Premier League - 2018

We were predicted to battle with Guanghzou for the title

We had an amazing season. We ended the season with equal points as last year but scoring 1 goal more. Of course we were crowned champions again (sorry seems to forgot to take a screenshot), this time 4 games before the end of the season.

Games

Cup: WINNERS again. And again we had to the problem with the international fixtures. In the second leg of the final we missed 9 players due to international duties. Unbelievable. We had to play a lot of 16 year old players and hold on, only lossing 2-3. The good news was that we won the first leg with 3-1.

Champions league: We qualified for the group stages without playing elimination rounds, so the was easy. This is the group, and I didn't expect much. A Japanese and a Korean team in our group, that won't be easy. We only lost 1 game and won the other 5, so quaified easily for the second round. In this second round we had to play against the best team of Korea at the moment in game, Jeonbuk. This would be our end-station, I thought. But after 2 leg we won 5-4 on aggregate. After this game I believed a bit more in our chances of winning the Champions league. Next round, again a Korean team, Pohang. We won the first game at Pohang with 6-5, our highest score in history. We were confident for the return, but it seemed we were to confident. We were awful at home, and Lucky losing only 2-3 and go through on away goals. Semi finals, and again a Korean team, Seoul. We won twice aginst them in the group stages, but after our awful game in the quarters, my confidence was very low. But the team stepped up and won the game 2-1. Second leg was difficult, and we were Lucky only losing 3-2. Again we went through on away goals. We were in the FINAL!!!!

For the first time we didn't pay a Korean team, we faced Al Hilal of Saoudi Arabia. We won the first game 2-1. Second leg and we struggled again. After 90 minutes the result was 2-1, so into extra time. We scored 3 goals in the first half of the extra time and hold on in the second half and wi the game with 4-2. FULI ARE CHAMPIONS OF ASIA!!!!!!!!!!!

Incredible result, and I never though I could win this achievement with an Chinese team.

After winning the Asian Champions League we qualified for the Club World Champions League: We won in the quarters against a Mexican, but only after penalty's. In the semis we were drawn against Independiente. The difference in quality was incredible in the first half, and we were Lucky only losing 0-3 at half time. But in the second half we were very good, and scored 2 goals and had chances enough to score a third goal, but the ball wouldn't end in the end. So we lost 3-2. We won the game for third place against Kaizer chiefs of South Africa.

At the start of the season we won the super cup against Jiangsu, but we needed penalty's.

At the end of the season we had to play against the chinese league all stars, and again most of my players were on international duty. Our youngsters got a chance and humiliated the All Stars. The game ended 5-1. This win completed our quadruple, my first on FM15!!!

After ths game I resigned as manager of Fuli, because I won all the throphy's in China. Also winning the Asian Champions League, means that I won't look after an other team in Asia. I hope I can get a job in South Africa.

Transfers: Didn't need to do much bussiness.

Finances: I left the club in a good financial situation. In my 2 years at Fuli I managed to upgrade the youth and training facilities twice and left enough money at the bank. Very good managment of me. ;)

Club

1/10 top domestic leagues: China

2/10 domestic cups: Indonesian cup, Chinese cup

1/5 club continental championships: Asia (Fuli)

International

0/2 world tournaments

[b]CLUB CAREER

Season         Club           Pos       Cup       Super Cup     Cont    Notes & Achievements[/b]
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014    IND  Persik           2nd      [b]WINNERS[/b]    n/a           n/a     [b]Cup-winners[/b], resigned after the season
2015    CHN  Wuzhou           13h      n/a        n/a           n/a     Took over with 5 games to go
2016    CHN  Wuzhou           2nd      3th round  n/a           n/a     [b]Promoted[/b]
2017    CHN  Fuli           [b]WINNERS[/b]    [b]WINNERS[/b]    n/a           n/a     [b]Domestic treble[/b]
2018    CHN  Fuli           [b]WINNERS[/b]    [b]WINNERS[/b]    [b]WINNERS[/b]       [b]WINNERS[/b] [b]Quadruple[/b], resigned at the end of the season

[b]INTERNATIONAL CAREER

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014     -
2015     -
2016     -
2017     -
2018     -

Nice start to your career bartrcm. Thats a gutting tournament with Brazil vikeologist. Ice always been a bit hit and miss with international teams on fm, as you will see in my update later.

Thanks smp20, and welcome to the challenge.

Unlucky Vikeologist at the Copa.

Congrats on winning the Asian Champions League Jambo98.

Almost finished TheEarl.

Maybe 1 or 2 seasons to complete the challenge NormandyWept. I hope you can finish the challenge before FM16 comes out.

Nice progress Mayihavecookie.

I went a while without a club job. My own team Cambridge united sacked their (4th) manager after slumping to the relegation spots in the conference - i couldnt refuse the offer of getting them back in the football league!

My optimisme about my new step in my career is tempered a lot. I have a totally unbalanced team. I hope I survive this season, and I will do a complete team make-over during before the start of next season.

Good luck at Cambridge smp20. I knew you couldn't resist to take over your own team. ;)

SMP20's Mini Update

So i'm going to do a very small update, as otherwise i will never get round to doing one:

Club Teams

2015 Season - Seattle Sounders. I managed to win the Supporter's Shield and the MLS Cup. This is what id consider winning the league title in the USA. Unfortunately we lost in the US Cup Semi.

2016 Season - Seattle Sounders. We continued to dominate and won the domestic treble. We also easily progressed to the NACL knockouts against poor opposition.

2017 Season - Seattle Sounders. With only American and Mexican sides left in the NACL, we were drawn vs the biggest North American side America (Mex). We managed a 4-1 agg win. We faced Sporting Kansas in the semis and thumped them 8-1 on agg. We were two games away from winning the NACL but we made it difficult in the home leg, losing 1-0. We were incredible in the 2nd leg at Santos Laguna, winning 6-1 including an (aging) Kaka hat-trick. NACL winners :)! I resigned from Seattle soon after.

2017/18 - Cambridgr United. I spent ages being laughed of nearly very job available. Maybe I was aiming too high, but eventually I got one. It was much lower than I had hoped, but it was with the club i love. It was mid-october and they were sitting in a poor position in the conference after relegation from the football league. I managed to steer them to the conference title without losing a single game. We were poor in the Fa Cup and Fa Trophy however. I resigned after getting them back in the football league where they belong.

2018/19 Season - Everton. I was desirable again, i think it is tied in with nation reputation and also linked with whether you have a NT job or not. It seems easier to get good jobs if you are not in a NT job. I was offered Hull, West Brom but went for Everton who finished 14th.Ive just joined and ive been busy on the transfer market. Ive sold Lukaku to Arsenal for 52m and Pedro to PSG for 15m and brought in Rulli (free), Rooney (750k), Mangala (7.5m), Jese (10m), Lallana (free) and a top quality regen. Im lpoking forward to the season and i reckon we are good enough for European football qualification.

International Management

2016 - USA U23s. I had a short stint with the olympic squad whilst managing in America. It was all going well in qualification until i somehow lost 1-0 to Trinidad in the semis despite absolutely dominating. Resigned soon after.

2016/17 - Ukraine. After Euro 2016 i managed to land the Ukraine job, which was a big surprise especially considering they got to the final. I had the nice surprose of playing in the Confederations Cup, which we even managed to win conceding just 1 goal and beating Colimbia and Germany. However, i failed to guide them to the 2018 World Cup. We finished with a respectable 7-1-2 record, but a draw with Armenia and a loss to Georgia was bitterly dissapppointing. We finished behind Switzerland in a group we should have won. We were deawn against Bosnia in the playoffs and lost 1-0 at home where my team forgot how to finish and only drew 1-1 away. I resigned after this.

2018 - Ive just landed the South Korea job after a while without a national team. They play in the Asian Nations in January 2019 and weve got a good chance of winning it.

For all my teams ive used my favourite 4-1-2-3 strikerless, which has been interesting :)

mayihavecookie's Challenge, World Cup Update

120px-Fédération_Camerounaise_de_Football_2010.svg.png

Cameroon - World Cup 2022

Games

Group Stage

Cameroon - South Korea 3-2

First game was against South Korea. We had to start without my two first choice fullbacks wo were injured in the friendlies just before the World Cup. Argentina and Switzerland played 2-2, so a win would put us on top of the group. We soon were up 2-0, thanks to two goals by my right winger Jean-Marie Dongou. But South Korea scored two lucky goals before half time, one after a mistake of one of my defenders, the second one with a header after a rebound from the crossbar.

In the second half, both teams were playing equally well, but my star striker Vincent Aboubakar scored the 3-2 after 65 minutes. South Korea put us under pressure for the last 30 minutes, and we needed some big saves by André Onana to survive. We had to play the last 5 minutes with only 10 players after Lionel Enguene, another one of my better players, was injured and will now miss the rest of the tournament.

Switzerland - Cameroon 1-4

Argentina lost their second game against South Korea, so we knew with a win we could qualify for the next round. Florian Milla brought us the 1-0 lead with a beautiful free kick after 5 minutes (his first international goal in his 39th game). In the 62th minute, Yaya Banana decided the game with his header to 2-0. Then we scored two more goals (Aboubakar and Joel) before Drmic pulled one back for Switzerland after 77 minutes. With two wins, we were now leading the group with 6 points, behind us South Korea with 3 and Argentina and Switzerland with 1 point each. We qualified for the second round and reached the goal set by the board.

Cameroon - Argentina 1-4

Given the circumstances, I decided to rest my first eleven, take the inevitable defeat against Argentina and hope for South Korea to lose points to Switzerland. Argentina dismantled us, we didn't stand a chance. But it all seemed to go OK, as South Korea didn't score for 90 minutes. But of course, this kind of gambling never works, South Korea scored the 1-0 in injury time and came 1st in the group. So we had to play Uruguay next. With Argentina out in the group stage, that job will probably come up after the tournament. Might be a nice challenge to take them over.

Second Round

Cameroon - Uruguay 4-2

We had last played Uruguay in a friendly in March, where we beat them 5-2. So I was confident, still I played most of my first choice players. Though with Florian Milla injured too, I now only had two central midfielders left. That's why I decided to play my left back Petrus Boumal in CM, and he played OK.

Uruguay actually scored twice in the first 20 minutes, but none of the goals counted because of offside. Then instead we scored three goals before half time (Jean-Marie Dongou 2x, Joel 1x). Joel scored a second time just after the break, and with a 4-0 lead we started to become careless. This resulted in two goals for Uruguay to the 4-2 end result.

Quarter Final

Holland - Cameroon 1-3

I really didn't think we would be able to beat Holland, but we did. We were the stronger team and never really had to fear them. Dingomé opened the scoring with a shot from an impossible angle and Joel added his 4th goal of the tournament with a header after 40 minutes. Aboubakar then wrapped things up with a penalty. Of course Holland scored too, I don't remember a match where I kept a clean sheet with Cameroon. We reached the semi finals, and even if this is going to be the last stop, it's already a big success for us.

Semi Final

Cameroon - Spain 1-1 (2-4 in penalties)

It was really close. We lost another player to injury before the game and I really didn't know who to play in CM anymore. Still, we went up 1-0 thanks to another Joel goal from a corner. Diego Costa equalised for Spain just after the break. Then Costa scored a second goal that luckily didn't count, and Joel hit the crossbar, so we went to extra time, where nothing happened anymore. In the penalty shoot out two of my players failed while Spain scored from all four penalties and we were out.

3rd Place Playoff

Germany - Cameroon 1-4

My 400th game in management and my last game with Cameroon ended with a nice 4-1 win against Germany, making us the 3rd best team in the world! Aboubakar, Oberlin and of course Dongou and Joel scored. Spain won 2-0 in the final against Italy.

[b]CLUB CAREER

Season     Club             Pos   DC1   DC2    Cont    Notes & Achievements[/b]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
14    CHN Renhe             11th  QF    n/a    n/a     Took over after 13 games in 16th 
15    CHN Renhe             2nd   QF    n/a    n/a     Chinese Manager of the Year
16    CHN Renhe             1st   Won   n/a    R2      Won Chinese Super League & FA Cup
17    KOR Chunnam           2nd   R4    n/a    Won     Won Asian Champions League
18    KOR Jeonbuk           1st   Won   n/a    Won     Won Asian Champions League, K-League Classic & FA Cup
19/20 RSA Kaizer Chiefs     2nd   Won   QF     n/a     Won SA Cup
20/21 RSA Kaizer Chiefs     1st   Won   R1     open    Won SA Cup, Be The Coach and Premier Soccer League
21/22 RSA Kaizer Chiefs     1st   R1    QF     won     Won African Champions League, left after 13 games in 1st
21/22 GER Borussia Dortmund 3rd   F     n/a    n/a     Took over after 26 games in 9th

[b]INTERNATIONAL CAREER

2018   South Korea                               Joined 22.7.18
2019   South Korea                 QF            Sacked 6.2.19
2019   Cameroon                                  Joined 17.2.19 World Ranking 29th
2020   Cameroon      
2021   Cameroon                    Won           Won African Cup of Nations
2022   Cameroon             3rd                  Resigned 10.7.22 World Ranking 4th

[/code]

I wasn't sacked by Brazil, and I think I'm going to stay because there's no major tournament for Brazil for3 years. Honestly, these tournament failures are really gutting, and although I did win a couple with Holland, I have been to a lot that I stood a good chance of winning, and have done very badly.

The only club equivalence was back at the start in the African Champions league when I would dominate every game in the competition for a year and then lose one game and have to start all over again.

Of course I still stand a good chance of getting sacked in my next game, the Superclassico against Argentina, but if I can win that, and somehow manage to get Brazil to qualify for the World Cup, I should have a relatively stress free 3 years until the inevitable disappointment in the next World Cup.

Anyway, I've got up at 5 in the morning tio get cracking on my preseason season with Newcastle, because I feel confident, and my new players haven't had the chance to disappoint me yet.

I wasn't sacked by Brazil, and I think I'm going to stay because there's no major tournament for Brazil for3 years. Honestly, these tournament failures are really gutting, and although I did win a couple with Holland, I have been to a lot that I stood a good chance of winning, and have done very badly.

The only club equivalence was back at the start in the African Champions league when I would dominate every game in the competition for a year and then lose one game and have to start all over again.

Of course I still stand a good chance of getting sacked in my next game, the Superclassico against Argentina, but if I can win that, and somehow manage to get Brazil to qualify for the World Cup, I should have a relatively stress free 3 years until the inevitable disappointment in the next World Cup.

Anyway, I've got up at 5 in the morning tio get cracking on my preseason season with Newcastle, because I feel confident, and my new players haven't had the chance to disappoint me yet.

I would just try to emphasize Brazil in your club side scouting and try to bring in some Brazilian youth to your club team if you manage to survive, that way with 3 years, at least you've got some extra chance of developing someone who could play a role for you with your international ventures. I get that you're managing an English club, but at least Newcastle will have the resources for you to really scout Brazil with a fine-toothed comb and really prepare for that World Cup.

Just some off-the-cuff thoughts, having great fun following everyone's saves as well as my own, hell, it's probably helping me maintain my slow pace. I just struggle to turn comprehensive highlights off... that feel of actually being on the touchline and making in-game decisions is just still too vital to me, and that's OK. :)

2016/17 World Competitions Update for American Werewolf Football (Currently at Stevenage F.C. in Sky Bet League 1!)

Top Domestic Leagues

Barclay’s Premier League: City, Chelsea, United, Wigan, Arsenal, Tottenham

City put a bow on it by also winning the Champions League, and England comes good as it was Tottenham facing them in the Champions League Final with Chelsea also a semi-finalist.

La Liga: Real Madrid, Barcelona, Atletico

Barcelona and Atletico flip spots, but that is now 3 straight for the Madrid galacticos.

Bundesliga: Bayern Munich, Schalke 04, Borussia Dortmund.

Same top of the table as last year as Bayern make it five straight Bundesliga championships.

Serie A: Juventus, AC Milan, Napoli

Two straight for Juventus after having fallen from the pinnacle for a year.

Ligue 1: Paris Saint-Germain, Olympique Marseille, Olympique Lyonnais

Who will drop first, Bayern or PSG, as they also lift their fifth Ligue 1 trophy in a row.

Eredivisie: Feyenoord, Ajax, AZ

More repeats, as that is now three in a row for Feyenoord.

South African Premier: Kaizer Chiefs, Orlando Pirates, Bloem Celtic

Finally someone knocked from their repeat perch, as Pirates concede the title after two straight. SuperSport United came right back up after their surprisingly relegation.

Hyundai Olibank K League Classic: Ulsan, Jeonbuk, Jeju

Jeju the first new team to show at the top, with Sangju dropping from the podium positions.

2016/17 World Competitions Update

Club Continental Championships

UEFA Champions League: Manchester City over Tottenham – Chelsea, Barcelona – Semis

UEFA Europa League: Olympique Marseille over Manchester United – Inter, CSKA Moscow -Semis

Asian Champions League: Al-Ahli (KSA) over Pohang – Jeonbuk, Lekhwiya – Semis

African Champions League: Zamalek over Kaizer Chiefs – Orlando Pirates, Wydad Casablanca – Semis

CONCACAF Champions League: NYC FC over Chivas – Santos Laguna, Sporting KC – Semis

Copa Libertadores: Velez over Cruzeiro – Atletico Nacional, Palmeiras – Semis

FIFA Club World Cup: Chelsea over Velez – Chivas Third

2016/17 World Competitions Update

International Tournament Updates

UEFA Euros: Next Held 2020

Asian Cup of Nations: Next Held 2019

Copa America: Next Held 2019

Gold Cup: USA over El Salvador – Haiti Third – Next Held 2019

African Cup of Nations: Nigeria over Ivory Coast – Algeria Third – Next Held 2019

FIFA World Cup: Next Held 2018

FIFA Confederations Cup: Germany over Switzerland – Russia Third – Next Held 2021

2016/17 World Awards Update

FIFA Ballon D’Or: Lionel Messi – (Tevez, Suarez)

World Golden Ball: Lionel Messi – (Suarez, Ronaldo)

Best Player In Europe: Lionel Messi – (Tevez, Suarez)

European Golden Boy: Angel Correa

UEFA Golden Boot: Falcao – (D. Berardi, B. Gomis)

World Team of the Year: P. Cech, P. Lahm, T. Silva, S. Ramos, R. Rodriguez, Y, Toure, A. Pirlo, L. Suarez, C. Eriksen, Neymar, L. Messi, G. Buffon, G. Chiellini, J. Rodriguez, C. Tevez, C. Ronaldo, N. Otamendi, S.Aguero

An interesting year with a ton of repeat champions. We’ll keep looking back every year so we can keep track of what may be the most interesting jobs once we get further on into our voyage. Our reputation is improving by the “Continue”, though, so make sure to stay tuned to this space! Thanks, as always, for following American Werewolf Football!

-----

This is a direct repost from my blog at http://americanwerewolffootball.wordpress.com - I cross-post it because Vikeologist cannot access WordPress in his country... Vike, if you won't read, or anyone else finds these a nuisance, just let me know, or I'll continue to cross-post.

I just do it on my blog as an extra feature to go alongside my challenge posts to add more content, but I also figure it will have a strategic use because I'll be able to go back through my history when moving clubs and get an idea of some prime situations that might not be instantly apparent otherwise. :)

EDIT: I'm in January now, so my next update will be coming very soon!

X2Qkz8a.jpg?1

First update for this challenge

As you can see started with African Warriors in 2013 . Because started with china loaded the starting date is DEC 2013

So played lots of Friendly's . Got a load of Trialist in to have the best team I could

Won the First Divison By 5 Points from Black Leopards

Next season come 5th not 2 bad to say I never added 2 my Squad

Got Taken Over By A Tycoon

Don't know why is not got 5th on photo

Also took over Uruguay U23 for the Olympic Games finished 3rd

Toluca - Mexican First division - season 2018-2019

I took Toluca over after 5 games in the closing stage. At that moment the were in 15th position out of 18. The were predicted to finish 12th this season. In the opening stages they finished 14th.

In the first 3 games I thought I made the wrong decision to take over Toluca. Moral was extremely low and the layed very awful football. But suddenly everything clicked together, and we lost only 2 games from our last 9. We moved up to 4th position, and qualified easily for the quarter finals of the closing stage. The last game of the regular competition we won easily against Puebla, and we would meet that team in the quarter final again. The first leg they took revenge and won 3-2, but in the second leg we humiliated them. We won 5-0. The semis were against Atlas. They finished 2nd in the regular competition. We won both games and we were in the finals. Just unreal.

In the final we had to play against Chivas, the team that won the opening stage. First game was at Chivas and we won 2-1. In the second leg we went up 2-0 and suddenly we stopped playing football. Chivas played us of the park, but luckily for us the could only score twice. We won the final of the closing stage 4-3 on aggregate. What a great achievement of the team. Didn't see this one comming when I took over

Games

Final standing closing stage

Cup closing stage: WINNERS!!!! We did the double. In the quarter final we needed penalty's. Look at that score. This is my highest coring penalty shoot out ever.

Youth intake: Tagged 3 players who have the potential to play in the first team in a couple of years.

Finances: Not looking good. We lose a lot of money every month.

I think we have qualified for next year champions league, but I'm not sure.

Club

2/10 top domestic leagues: China, Mexico (closing stage)

3/10 domestic cups: Indonesian cup, Chinese cup, Mexican closing stage cup

1/5 club continental championships: Asia (Fuli)

International

0/2 world tournaments

[b]CLUB CAREER

Season              Club           Pos       Cup       Super Cup     Cont    Notes & Achievements[/b]
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014         IND  Persik           2nd      [b]WINNERS[/b]    n/a           n/a     [b]Cup-winners[/b], resigned after the season
2015         CHN  Wuzhou           13h      n/a        n/a           n/a     Took over with 5 games to go
2016         CHN  Wuzhou           2nd      3th round  n/a           n/a     [b]Promoted[/b]
2017         CHN  Fuli           [b]WINNERS[/b]    [b]WINNERS[/b]    n/a           n/a     [b]Domestic treble[/b]
2018         CHN  Fuli           [b]WINNERS[/b]    [b]WINNERS[/b]    [b]WINNERS[/b]       [b]WINNERS[/b] [b]Quadruple[/b], resigned at the end of the season
2018-2019    MEX  Toluca         [b]WINNERS[/b]    [b]WINNERS [/b]   -             -       Took over after 5 games in closing stage in pos 15, [b]won the double  [/b]

[b]INTERNATIONAL CAREER

2014     -
2015     -
2016     -
2017     -
2018     -

Archived